hulika

Author Topic: "magpapagawa ako ng Dumble clone..."  (Read 14280 times)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "magpapagawa ako ng Dumble clone..."
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2009, 09:42:13 AM »
pwedeng:

1. ayaw niya masayang ang pera ng buyer dahil baka di nito magustuhan ang tunog and

2. di niya kaya.

ewan ko di pako nakatry ng dambol e.

:evil:
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
...and vaginal reconstruction para marestore ang pagka VIRGIN.

me nakausap ako na doctor nuon. pwede pala gawin to.  :-D
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: October 13, 2009, 10:22:52 AM »
me nakausap ako na doctor nuon. pwede pala gawin to.  :-D

waw. kaso ang hindi natin mapapareconstruct, ay ang isip ng babae.. nakatatak na sakanya yun hehe

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »

analogy dyan:

custumer: "Paint me a picture of a cockaburra"
painter: "Okay, I'll paint you one. But have you seen one?"
custumer: "I dont even know what it looks like, just paint me one."

painter proceeds to paint but it looks like an owl and tells custumer its sort of a cockaburra

custumer: "yay thanks, it looks just like a cockaburra"

that.... without even seeing a picture of the actual bird.

-----------------

yun nga eh. why would you have something built according to specs that you want that you don't even have an idea how it actually sounds like in the first place?

:-D :-D

This is a forum siggy.

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2009, 11:03:34 AM »
RETOKE BA USAPAN?
 Doc Dave is da man!!! isang boob job lang, PRS Ted Mc Carthy na katumbas :-D
 kung vaginal restoration, baka Baker, Suhr, Bogner & op cors...Dumble[/b] 8-)

I should have been a nip/tuck...  :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 11:06:35 AM by jimy james »

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »
analogy dyan:

painter proceeds to paint but it looks like an owl and tells custumer its sort of a cockaburra

-----------------

yun nga eh. why would you have something built according to specs that you want that you don't even have an idea how it actually sounds like in the first place?

maybe the painter knows yun itsura? so he can paint that bird. hindi niya mapapaint kung hindi niya alam. pero yun lang hindi maveverify ng buyer. but others may verify.. pero kung ayaw manloko nung painter, sasabihin ang totoo :-D

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2009, 11:12:30 AM »

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2009, 01:01:01 PM »
analogy dyan:

-----------------

Your example would make the painter a turd. Ang point is the painter should KNOW what a cockaburra looks like, which is why the customer relied on him for that task, and still paints an owl. That is him taking advantage of ignorance.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2009, 01:07:52 PM »
RETOKE BA USAPAN?
 Doc Dave is da man!!! isang boob job lang, PRS Ted Mc Carthy na katumbas :-D
 kung vaginal restoration, baka Baker, Suhr, Bogner & op cors...Dumble[/b] 8-)

I should have been a nip/tuck...  :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOLZ!!!!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2009, 01:14:22 PM »
Your example would make the painter a turd. Ang point is the painter should KNOW what a cockaburra looks like, which is why the customer relied on him for that task, and still paints an owl. That is him taking advantage of ignorance.

magkaiba kayo ng point of view  :lol:

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:56 PM »
This thread reminds me of:

ARIE'S CLIENT: Ang ganda pala ng tunog ng Vox AC30!
ARIE:  Talaga?  Saan ka nakasubok?
ARIE'S CLIENT:  Sa POD!

---------

Funny that even some Vox AC30 reissue owners cannot assume the originals (those JMI's with Wooden transformers) sound like the new ones.  And OTOH some assume they have 'played through one' using a POD.  :D

Offline changedmynametojimi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »
Malabo ata approach ng builder ah. A good builder should help address the ignorance of the client, if any, not point it out and leave him hanging. At the least, he should reserve subjective judgement of his client's preferences and distinguish it from his capacity and skill to execute the job at hand. Or he can simply just refuse to accept the job if it bothers him that much. Di porke technically capable ang builder ay maayos siya kausap.

Pano kaya kung sa isang retoke clinic yun:

Client: Doc, gusto ko magpalaki ng boobs para mas ma-attract ang husband ko sa akin at di na siya titingin sa ibang babae.
Doc: Ok, pero pano mo nasabi na di na titingin sa ibang babae ang husband mo? Pano kung di naman pala boobs ang gusto nya ipaayos sa yo kasi pangit ang mukha mo? Pano kung ugali ang problema sa yo? Pano kung may girls na mas maganda pa rin at mas malaki boobs? Pano kung maging lapitin ka sa ibang guys tapos magselos siya, tapos iwanan ka pa rin?
Client: Uhm... ay ganun po ba?  Di ko po masasagot kung ano mangyayari eh.
Doc: He di mo pa alam eh bakit mo gusto? Di mo alam ang pinapasok mo.

:-D

mismo, smart mouth un doctor dami sinabi, may punto pero out of context...

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: October 13, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »
i dont understand what all this debating is about. to me its just a builder who refuses to make an amp for an idiot who doesnt know any better. the builder doesnt want the user to go "this is a dumble clone" and then upon further inspection, fender clone pala. minus cred for the builder.

good builder. wont let an idiot ruin business.

Offline digitalcyco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: October 13, 2009, 11:38:03 PM »

cheers na lang and more beer  :-D
This is a forum siggy.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2009, 02:07:21 AM »
analogy dyan:

-----------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Either ways, it must have fantastic chirpy midrange and harmonic hair  :-D

Couldn't help myself with the Kookaburra thing. They used to drive me nuts early in the morning coz they're so bloody noisy. Plus, my brother was attacked by one during a family bbq when we were kids. it wanted his bbq's sausage sandwich that badly...

As for the topic, I had a discussion with Mang Raul about this incident a couple of months ago. Was asking me about all that dumble rumble.

HAD just has so much voodoo with his work. Stories about using radioshack parts on EJ's ODS, a graveyard of gutted Fender amps with their "magic transformers" dissected, the "do not call me to follow-up your amp while its being made, coz if you do, the contract is terminated" agreement you have to sign, his attention to parts detail AND proximity from each other within the board...  etc etc.

Last i read, HAD still makes amps in very small quantities, so I've read. And services Santana's and Carlton's amps. Still pricey, but he aint makin the same amount of money they fetch for in the secondhand market (approx. $12k b/n vs $50k+!) Even Mike Landau can't get a hold of him, though his own ODS has been reported to be more than 3 months complete, but he can't claim it.

Mang Raul displayed great wisdom in refusing to make one, for the sake of not just his reputation but also to avoid getting a mislead customer. If he wanted the money he couldve easily said "yes" and tap danced his way to the bank. In a way, he kinda gives me the impression that he's our very own HAD, coz everybody seems to be looking for him now and he's nowhere to be found!  :lol:
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2009, 05:08:08 AM »
Dapat ang sinabi na lang eh:

Di ko alam ang tunog ng Dumble clone, nakarinig ka na ba ng Dumble clone??? Kung hindi eh kahit gawan pa kita hindi natin alam kung malayo o malapit sa tunog na gusto mo.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2009, 07:50:37 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kookaburra

Either ways, it must have fantastic chirpy midrange and harmonic hair  :-D

Couldn't help myself with the Kookaburra thing. They used to drive me nuts early in the morning coz they're so bloody noisy. Plus, my brother was attacked by one during a family bbq when we were kids. it wanted his bbq's sausage sandwich that badly...

As for the topic, I had a discussion with Mang Raul about this incident a couple of months ago. Was asking me about all that dumble rumble.

HAD just has so much voodoo with his work. Stories about using radioshack parts on EJ's ODS, a graveyard of gutted Fender amps with their "magic transformers" dissected, the "do not call me to follow-up your amp while its being made, coz if you do, the contract is terminated" agreement you have to sign, his attention to parts detail AND proximity from each other within the board...  etc etc.

Last i read, HAD still makes amps in very small quantities, so I've read. And services Santana's and Carlton's amps. Still pricey, but he aint makin the same amount of money they fetch for in the secondhand market (approx. $12k b/n vs $50k+!) Even Mike Landau can't get a hold of him, though his own ODS has been reported to be more than 3 months complete, but he can't claim it.

Mang Raul displayed great wisdom in refusing to make one, for the sake of not just his reputation but also to avoid getting a mislead customer. If he wanted the money he couldve easily said "yes" and tap danced his way to the bank. In a way, he kinda gives me the impression that he's our very own HAD, coz everybody seems to be looking for him now and he's nowhere to be found!  :lol:

If he wanted money, he should have just settled in the US of A and kicked a lot of amptechs' butts there.  But I'm glad he's doing his job here in the country.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2009, 08:36:06 AM »

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2009, 09:36:54 AM »

---------

Funny that even some Vox AC30 reissue owners cannot assume the originals (those JMI's with Wooden transformers) sound like the new ones.  And OTOH some assume they have 'played through one' using a POD.  :D

well I've read of people HERE saying this..... some of them are experts now of different amps because they have modellers... and they think it sounds exactly like the real thing.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
Dapat ang sinabi na lang eh:

Di ko alam ang tunog ng Dumble clone, nakarinig ka na ba ng Dumble clone??? Kung hindi eh kahit gawan pa kita hindi natin alam kung malayo o malapit sa tunog na gusto mo.

That's a better approach but the heart of the matter is that it's a two pronged issue. What does the client really want: Dumble tone or an amp that closely follows a Dumble schematic?  They are two very different things.

I think it's also why Arie shies away from building custom guitars. Great specs does not necessarily translate to a great-sounding guitar.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2009, 09:51:02 AM »

---------

OTOH, these modelers are useful tools to give you some impression of what the real thing sounds like, and perhaps guiding future buying decisions. Even if you don't eventually buy the real thing, the ability to use specific modeled tones (eg, a "AC30 sim") for tunes that call for it is a boon for many recording and gigging guitarists. (Count me in.)

Better to be ignorant but happy than knowledgeable but perennially dis-satisfied.

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52:17 AM »
well I've read of people HERE saying this..... some of them are experts now of different amps because they have modellers... and they think it sounds exactly like the real thing.

Yup, and I really am surprised no one talks up them Soldano SLOs because I haven't heard a great emulation of them ever.  Great high gain amp that reminds you of Motley Crue. :D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2009, 09:54:29 AM »

OTOH, these modelers are useful tools to give you some impression of what the real thing sounds like, and perhaps guiding future buying decisions. Even if you don't eventually buy the real thing, the ability to use specific modeled tones (eg, a "AC30 sim") for tunes that call for it is a boon for many recording and gigging guitarists. (Count me in.)

Better to be ignorant but happy than knowledgeable but perennially dis-satisfied.

I guess the mere fact that pedalboards evolve faster than playing skill is a sign of perennial dissatisfaction. :D  I rarely see someone who changes his taste drastically like one day he is a fan of the Mesa Boogie metal sound and woke up another day and wants to be a Vox AC30 guy. 

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2009, 09:59:10 AM »
That's a better approach but the heart of the matter is that it's a two pronged issue. What does the client really want: Dumble tone or an amp that closely follows a Dumble schematic?  They are two very different things.

I think it's also why Arie shies away from building custom guitars. Great specs does not necessarily translate to a great-sounding guitar.

NAIL ON THE HEAD!!!  :lol: :lol:

Parallel situation:

which do you want: true PAF tone, or a pickup that is wound the same way as a PAF?
which PAF? whose sound are you after?

We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: October 14, 2009, 10:01:29 AM »
i want a dambol clone :-D :-D