hulika

Author Topic: What's the advantages of using an American Fender Telecaster  (Read 2974 times)

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
What's the advantages of using an American Fender Telecaster
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2006, 11:25:12 AM »
Quote from: fretburner
the neck of an MIA tele is probably the best neck fender made.

i take it you were into ibbys dati? yung MIA standard neck is probably the thinnest feeling of fender necks e. i like the thicker Vs and soft Vs.

ever tried the MIJ soft V? thats the best fender (or non fender) neck i've sampled so far.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2006, 11:28:40 AM »
ok din pala yung U profile boat necks... sarap. parang baseball bat...

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2006, 11:31:44 AM »
Quote from: nathanmanansala
the neck of an MIA tele is probably the best neck fender made.

i take it you were into ibbys dati? yung MIA standard neck is probably the thinnest feeling of fender necks e. i like the thicker Vs and soft Vs.

ever tried the MIJ soft V? thats the best fender (or non fender) neck i've sampled so far.

ibbys and LPs. short scale, fast 60's LP necks are the best necks for me.

i was just impressed with the tele standard neck... i never expected it could be that good, that smooth.

i have an MIA strat and it comes close, but not quite. tele necks are THE fender necks.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2006, 11:34:47 AM »
Quote from: pallas

there are bad apples on the MIM stock and there are bad apples on the MIAs as well. There are awesome MIMs/MIKs out there you just have to keep lookin for it. Yun nga lang limited yata stock jan :(

could be. funny thing is that i was into 5 gcs and 2 samashs and i kept running into these "bad apple" MIMs and squiers. the neck of an MIA tele is probably the best neck fender made.

wow thats a lot of bad apples 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline meashuggahr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2006, 11:38:21 AM »
Quote from: teleclem
Quote from: jack in a vox
Quote from: abyssinianson
by no means does a tele sound like a les paul.

how about a Tele custom with dual humbuckers? surely may resemblance sa LP? and a thinline as well maybe?

tele's a re cool.. but not everyone can pull-off the tele look!  8)

haha.. dream ko tele (next to a les paul).. but as matters arose, nabili ko am strat.. ugh..

mij 72 tele, dual humbuckers

the MIMs are heaven sent 8) I LOVE MINE :D

[/img]

wow tele deluxe!!! fender repro?
ganda kinis!
sising-sisi ako ng binenta ko yung greco tele del na nabili ko ng 2ndhand. tho magkaiba sila tunog ng standard na tele may sariling character are tunog ng deluxe!

yung tele custom ata katawan ng tele deluxe then neck and hardware/PU's
pang tele stndrd.

panalo yan pallas!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2006, 11:51:00 AM »
the only thing i dont like are the skirted amp knobs...hirap mag-adjust but all in all its a pretty good guitar 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2006, 12:11:38 PM »

wow thats a lot of bad apples 8)

yeah...a whole lot. it was a good thing though... i would have been broke had i bought me a tele.

the only thing i hate about teles is that the switch is too close to the volume knob...and i use the switch a lot.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2006, 12:23:54 PM »
yeah the switch on my thinline is quite close as well to the knobs, i tried bending it up a bit but it wont budge.
[/img]

Offline namida

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2006, 12:52:37 PM »
Play one to know one. I haven't tried any american std tele yet. But I am very very happy with my Greco :)
"Ano man ang iyong ginagawa sa iyong kapatid, ay siya ring ginagawa mo sa akin" --Yano

Home Recordings ->> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=480230  My Band ->>

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2006, 01:28:32 PM »
the only thing i hate about teles is that the switch is too close to the volume knob...and i use the switch a lot.

it is a bit close to the knobs. pero i like this knob placement better than a strat's where i sometimes tend to knock the volume off when playing rhythm.

malapit din sa standard teles

some people take pliers and grip the skinny part of the switch stem to bend them. careful not too bend the wider part. it'll be stuck sa middle position if you do.