hulika

Poll

Which one do you prefer for gaming?

PC
9 (47.4%)
Console (PS3, Xbox 360, Wii)
10 (52.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Author Topic: PC vs Console Gaming  (Read 5003 times)

Offline badbach66

PC vs Console Gaming
« on: October 14, 2009, 10:20:28 AM »
Which one do you prefer? Budget should be a consideration here. Me, I'd go with consoles, partly because I'm a cost prohibitive kind of guy  :-D Plus, with PC's, every now & then a kick-ass game will come along with kick-ass requirements. I'm still gassing for a good PC though..  :-D
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:22:21 AM by badbach66 »
References: masterchoxter, turigiliano, Gibson78, akellefusion, jetleebog, Drew_Asuncion, jonathan_dead, chester_uy, pao2pao16, obetski, deadlifted, 2joeross, Iommifan, chromeknive, etc...

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=361241

Offline junkfazz

• Veteran Member
Re: PC vs Console Gaming
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 11:13:39 AM »
Ang console malalaro sa HD TV, mas feel ang gaming experience.

Ang kalaban naman ng PC ay lag, requirements, installations, virus, etc.

Voted for consoles.  :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 11:14:58 AM by junkfazz »

Offline sjon014

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 12:12:07 PM »
Para maiba, cause I'm a hardcore PC gamer.

Ang PC malalaro rin sa HD TV (thanks to HDMI and DVI), mas madaling i-configure sa 5.1 surround sound, can support almost all controllers thanks to converters and X360/PS3 using USB.

FPS and RTS games are right at home sa PCs dahil sa pagka-native ng Keyboard+Mouse control.

PC versions of games have the advantage of the Modding community. New characters, new levels, new storylines, limited only by a modder's imagination.

PC's have the potential to exceed 30FPS (which is the cap of most console games).

PC's are at the cutting-edge of graphics technology. Nvidia's 3D vision, anyone?

Granted, mas malaki ang initial cost - but if you know what parts to buy and where to buy them, it's really not exorbitantly expensive. Plus there's really something about building your own gaming monster from scratch. :-D
Pinoydrums Lanyard - North distribution THIS SUNDAY, 2PM, TMS Alimall!
http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,148425.msg1983008.html#msg1983008

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 12:27:21 PM »
sure if you want a LIMITED hassle free gaming, go for a console.

BUT if you want MORE out of your machine go for a PC. in 30k makaka buo kana nang PC na maganda for gaming (you just really need to know how to tweak stuff) and let's admit it... mas mura games installers nang pc games kung pirated bibilhin mo compared sa kelangan original copies sa console counterparts.

about exclusive games.. that's a whole different story.
eg. Killzone2 (ps3) etc. sa xbox360 naman kadalasan meron sa windows eh.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 10:29:14 AM by Hellghast »

Offline jem_adriano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 02:03:07 PM »
superior talaga ang pc...if you got a little extra cash,you could build a super powerful one....

i didnt believe it,but someone i know built a great pc at 15k budget...when i asked what brand of parts he bought for it...

he said mostly cdr-king sya! though alam ko marami din issues ang products nila...napabilib parin ako..

Offline degameth

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 04:20:42 PM »
RPGs/FPSs for consoles
RTS for PC

mas prefer kong type of games yung rpg/fps kaya voted for consoles.. depende rin talaga sa preference yung choice dito eh..
kung nagtataka kayo, yes mas ok para saken FPS sa consoles, thanks to the Xbox360, at home na talaga dun yung shooters, sarap lang gamitin nung trigger button para malapit na sa totoo, medyo awkward na para saken yung mouse clicks, pero syempre yung wsad sa keyboard okay pa rin.. sa controller kasi analog stick lang..

Offline Benissimo

• Netizen Level
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 03:38:38 PM »
I prefer console kasi lahat ng parts nun is optimized for gaming (out of the box). Although I have a PC, I use it mainly for internet at paperworks.
Selling Reference:

- Ibanez GRG270CA sold to Boy Sets Fire  - Zoom 3030 sold to Matamores  - Vox VT40+ sold to EricGT

Offline V.I.O.L.I.N.S

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 06:54:56 PM »
PC, in every aspect.

I don't think that PCs susceptible to worms, trojans, and whatnot are valid points since the topic asks as to what is the better gadget to play games, not as to what's the more secure gadget.

Even consoles suffer from lag. And besides, it concerns the internet connection, albeit a slow pc is to be blamed, as well. One thing that kills the PC is the heavy requirements of some games. Other than that, hands down, the PC will always be superior than the consoles.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 06:57:40 PM by V.I.O.L.I.N.S »

Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine
RE5(Mercenaries) Player

Offline shredmonster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »
PC

upgrading is easy

and i can play in my hdtv with my pc lol

right now my laptop sucks so i use my ps3

but this christmas im going to assemble my i7 ^^

GO TO DMC!!!  GO TO DMC!!!  GO TO DMC!!!

Offline gamer21

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2009, 06:16:11 PM »
Para maiba, cause I'm a hardcore PC gamer.

Ang PC malalaro rin sa HD TV (thanks to HDMI and DVI), mas madaling i-configure sa 5.1 surround sound, can support almost all controllers thanks to converters and X360/PS3 using USB.

FPS and RTS games are right at home sa PCs dahil sa pagka-native ng Keyboard+Mouse control.

PC versions of games have the advantage of the Modding community. New characters, new levels, new storylines, limited only by a modder's imagination.

PC's have the potential to exceed 30FPS (which is the cap of most console games).

PC's are at the cutting-edge of graphics technology. Nvidia's 3D vision, anyone?

Granted, mas malaki ang initial cost - but if you know what parts to buy and where to buy them, it's really not exorbitantly expensive. Plus there's really something about building your own gaming monster from scratch. :-D

+1, tsaka may mga emulators narin kahit mejo palpak ok na.. pwede rin kasing iport yung console games to pc right?(well, some of 'em) :)
"The aim and final end of all music should be none other than the glory of God and the refreshment of the soul." --Johann Sebastian Bach

Offline rainierito

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »
halos karamihan ng games na para sa console ay nilalabas rin para sa pc... pero minsan lang ang kabaliktaran... now consider that kapag budget ang paguusapan, mas marami kang games na malalaro sa pc...
at tsaka minsan ang isang particular game ay strictly for a particular brand lang ng console...
example: left 4 dead, sa xbox lang sya malalaro... panu kung ps3 lang meron ka? atleast sa pc meron...
at marami nang emulators sa mabibili sa black market... almost lahat pwedeng laruin sa pc... walang laban talaga ang console budget wise...

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2009, 03:34:17 PM »
you can use a console-controller in the PC, but you can't use a keyboard and a mouse for consoles. :-D

Offline marzi

• Ang Na Ang Na!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 11:55:44 PM »
yung 30k setup mo ng PC para sa ngayon, kaya nyan sabayan yung mga consoles. and by the time na masabi mong hindi na kaya ng PC mo ang mga games na naglalabasan, eh sure akong may bago na ding mga game consoles na naglabasan. malay mo XBOX Pi (3.14159) o Playstation 10 na ang mga usong consoles nun eh ikaw yan pa din gamit mo dahil minor upgrades lang pala at good to go ka na ulit.
I turned myself into a monster to fight against the monsters of the world.

Earth Crisis - Nemesis

Offline badbach66

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2009, 12:53:46 PM »
Hmmm..in the long run, mukhang mas maganda investment ang PC. If you have the cash to splurge; kelangan "future proof" specs na. But consoles are getting cheaper nowadays, lalo ngaun, 12-13k na lang ata brand new xbox 360. A typical console has a lifespan of 5-6 years, so for the price your gonna pay, medyo sulit na din.
References: masterchoxter, turigiliano, Gibson78, akellefusion, jetleebog, Drew_Asuncion, jonathan_dead, chester_uy, pao2pao16, obetski, deadlifted, 2joeross, Iommifan, chromeknive, etc...

Offline belzer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 01:18:39 AM »
console para sakin kasi pag naglagay ako ng games sa pc napapabayaan ko trabaho ko..

Offline edalbkrad

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2009, 02:00:58 PM »
buy a PC for ultimate gaming experience on newest games like Sims 3, Batman Arkham, COD6 MW2, Dragon Age Origins, Left 4 dead 2
Pwede naman bumili ng Windows live controller para sa PC. Pareho yun sa Xbox controller

Tapos buy a PS3 for fight night 4.
Bale fight night 4 lang ang magandang game sa console  :lol:

Offline manaeater

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2009, 04:42:17 PM »
Habol ko lang sa PS3, mga RPG. As of now, pinagiisipan pa kung PS3 yung kukunin ko or magbubuo ng CPU. naisip ko na mas masisita ako pag nakitang pinaggagastusan ko eh gaming console, kaya baka sa PC na lang. Excuse ko na lang sa kanila would be pang recording lang.
And as I checked sa iba't ibang stores, halos mura na lang din yung ibang CPU packages. Konting upgrades lang siguro, malupit na.
Clothing line is now up! visit us at www.civvielizeclothing.com and
civvielizeclothing.multiply.com
 Food Blog @ www.betweenthehungryandme.tk

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2009, 09:25:43 PM »
PC = best kung networked setup. kanya-kanyang laro sa kanya-kanyang PC.

console = the fun of playing together in a single TV screen. (of course we're not referring to handheld consoles here)

para sa kin mas comfortable at mas masaya maglaro via consoles, lalo na sa magkakatropa or family.

Offline DrDeathRNMD98

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2009, 09:40:57 PM »
I vote console kasi parang meron ako nung pagka-arte na yung tipong gusto ko lahat eh categorized:

*PC-for internet, projects, school and office use only! if iinstallan ng game, isa lang dapat,and that would be Warcraft Frozen Throne(DotA)
*Console-for gaming and media center use only!!
*PSP-for gaming only!!(no music or videos)
*Ipod-for music and media center only!

You guys get my point? hehe..para parang hindi jumbled.....uhmm.. BASTA!!.HAHA! Importante kasi para sakin every byte that a memory card has, so a certain gadget can maximize every space of it...basta parang ganun...

Offline badbach66

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2009, 11:02:30 AM »
Yup! I don't put any music/video files in my psp anymore. Sayang ung space.

Offline lowtuneduser

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2009, 05:25:11 AM »
mas ok ang gaming pc saken kase madami kang magagawa modding/update ng mabilisan. yun nga lang kelangan talaga may breads ka para sa gaming rig na pc at magastos talaga unlike sa console isang bilihan lang aprub na.

ESP LTD Viper 301 • Dimebag Crybaby •  Boss NS-2 • Boss ML-2 • Boss GE-7 • Boss BF-3 • Boss PH-2 • Boss TR-2 • Boss DD-3 • Korg DT-3 Tuner • Kalikot Audio PSU • GHS ZW String (.11-.70) • Custom Pedalb

Offline killerbutete

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 09:49:23 AM »
Console Gaming pa din. Kasi dun alang problema, di tulad sa PC, di mo lang mameet konting requirements, panget na gaming experience.

Offline 16Ian05

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 02:00:16 PM »
guys.. magkano nalang kaya ung xbox 360 ngaun?  :-)

Offline Uber_daniel

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 02:51:43 PM »
PC ako un lang kaya kong bilhin eh dami ko pang magagawa.

Offline manaeater

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 06:14:40 PM »
guys.. magkano nalang kaya ung xbox 360 ngaun?  :-)

Cheapest na alam ko 11.5k Jasper na unmodded.
Clothing line is now up! visit us at www.civvielizeclothing.com and
civvielizeclothing.multiply.com
 Food Blog @ www.betweenthehungryandme.tk