hulika

Author Topic: The CUB Club! (Laney Cub12/Cub10/Cub8 thread)  (Read 221682 times)

Offline siore

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: The CUB Club! (Laney Cub12/Cub10/Cub8 thread)
« Reply #950 on: September 30, 2012, 10:14:15 PM »
Can the 10 hold up sa mala tent size na venue? Mga 1000 seater.

On its own, I doubt it. In terms of both sound projection and wattage. Needs reinforcement from the PA, I think.
soundclick.com/siore
youtube.com/user/siore

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #951 on: October 01, 2012, 12:19:09 AM »
Thank you sir siore. After contemplating on buying a cub 10, i realized i needed a more practical approach because of the venue and got a floor effects unit instead and just use my cub12r for practice. Thank you so much for the help! :-D
2008 USA Charvel SoCal Style 1 2H Black;2009 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Sienna Sunburst;2012 Ibanez 25TH Anniversary RG3XXV Laser Blue;2013 Ibanez Genesis Collection RG550 Road Flare Red;Laney Lionheart L20T

Offline Godin

• Board Moderator
« Reply #952 on: October 07, 2012, 07:13:18 AM »
Pwede kaya magpagawa ng custom cab sa raon.. pero papaloadan ko ng celestion drivers para sa cab 12r ko?? is this possible =) just wondering...

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #953 on: October 07, 2012, 10:56:13 AM »
Any Telecaster users out there? Tried the Cub 12R with a Tele and it was very, uh, twangy? :)

Used mine with Dimarzio equipped RGs before, but I was pleasantly surprised with the tone I got with the Tele. Just damn sweet. Very nice for chording and plucking.

Rocked out on the 1W setting all night!
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #954 on: October 07, 2012, 11:47:30 AM »
used my cub on a gig last night at Checkpoint Louie's, went toe to toe with a 2x12 fender quadverb. walang problema sa volume and presence it sounded just as big and loud which surprised kasi ang liit ng cab ng cub. pero nung ginamit ko siya sa Skarlet Jazz Kitchen against a 4x12 Ibanez, talo. hahahaha.
hanggang ngayon hindi ko parin alam ang tunog ng ipis

Offline siopao69

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #955 on: October 07, 2012, 12:02:18 PM »
used my cub on a gig last night at Checkpoint Louie's, went toe to toe with a 2x12 fender quadverb. walang problema sa volume and presence it sounded just as big and loud which surprised kasi ang liit ng cab ng cub. pero nung ginamit ko siya sa Skarlet Jazz Kitchen against a 4x12 Ibanez, talo. hahahaha.

nice to know. what'd you bring? 10,12r , head?
the quadverb used to be my fave amp at checkpoint, kaso parang may tama na ngayon, the marshall's been repaired though.

baka naman oa ang volume ng isang gitarista using the ibanez.

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #956 on: October 07, 2012, 12:36:03 PM »

Stock yung speakers?
2008 USA Charvel SoCal Style 1 2H Black;2009 Fender American Standard Stratocaster Sienna Sunburst;2012 Ibanez 25TH Anniversary RG3XXV Laser Blue;2013 Ibanez Genesis Collection RG550 Road Flare Red;Laney Lionheart L20T

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #957 on: October 07, 2012, 01:04:23 PM »
nice to know. what'd you bring? 10,12r , head?
the quadverb used to be my fave amp at checkpoint, kaso parang may tama na ngayon, the marshall's been repaired though.

baka naman oa ang volume ng isang gitarista using the ibanez.
yup may tama na nga ata yung quadverb doon, cub12r yung dinala ko. kasi last time, i used the quadverb tapos parang sobrang aga magdrive.  :-o

Stock yung speakers?
yup! pero i'm replacing the stock one with the v30 on tuesday pag may stock sa JB. will post a review here pagkapalit.  :-D

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #958 on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:21 PM »
Nice! Will wait for the review. Been wanting to change mine to v30 rin.Yan ba yung combo bro?

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #959 on: October 07, 2012, 01:25:02 PM »
Nice! Will wait for the review. Been wanting to change mine to v30 rin.Yan ba yung combo bro?
yup combo. i'm actually still deciding between the v30 and the governor (eminence)

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #960 on: October 07, 2012, 01:44:31 PM »
Haha pareho tayo. Governor, kakatanong ko lang yesterday. Magkasing price lang. Halos pareho lang naman yata ang tone.

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #961 on: October 07, 2012, 01:52:10 PM »
Haha pareho tayo. Governor, kakatanong ko lang yesterday. Magkasing price lang. Halos pareho lang naman yata ang tone.
mas maganda daw imic yung v30 from what i've read online :lol:
btw, ano dapat ohms ng replacement speaker 8ohms or 16ohms?

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #962 on: October 07, 2012, 01:56:35 PM »
mas maganda daw imic yung v30 from what i've read online :lol:
btw, ano dapat ohms ng replacement speaker 8ohms or 16ohms?

Will take that in mind. Thanks. Rocket 50 ba yung stock nung sayo? HH na kasi yung bago. Kung rocket 8 ohms dapat ipalit na v30.

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #963 on: October 07, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
Will take that in mind. Thanks. Rocket 50 ba yung stock nung sayo? HH na kasi yung bago. Kung rocket 8 ohms dapat ipalit na v30.
yun! rocket 50 yung stock. thanks!

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #964 on: October 14, 2012, 06:38:25 PM »
bought sir Plugzz' Vintage 30 earlier today! he installed it on my cub 12r.

First Impressions:
-the v30 is WAY heavier than the Rocket50, it feels twice as heavy now.
-v30 is noticeably louder. as in di ko na macrank yung less than 1 watt input ng Cub12r sa kwarto.
-v30 is brighter (in a good way).
-v30 has slightly less bass (i think this is because it hasn't been broken in yet, ganito rin yung rocket 50 nung medyo bago pa, pero after countless gigs, jams and recording sessions nagloosen up na yung bass nung rocket 50. either that or nagmellow out yung highs niya).the v30 has MORE low-end when cranked. as in a MUCH more. hahaha
-improved clean headroom.
-more articulate and touch sensitive.
-parang naging high definition bigla if that makes any sense hahaha.

i mainly bought this because of its 100dB sensitivity rating (compared to the r50's 95db) and its ability to record well. i'll post an update when i jam and gig with it. overall i'm really satisfied with what it did to the cub. parang nawalan ng sipon yung amp. haha
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:48:45 PM by dudeofdude »

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #965 on: October 14, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »

First Impressions:
-v30 is noticeably louder. as in di ko na macrank yung less than 1 watt input ng Cub12r sa kwarto.
-v30 has slightly less bass (i think this is because it hasn't been broken in yet, ganito rin yung rocket 50 nung medyo bago pa, pero after countless gigs, jams and recording sessions nagloosen up na yung bass nung rocket 50. either that or nagmellow out yung highs niya).

i mainly bought this because of its 100dB sensitivity rating (compared to the r50's 95db) and its ability to record well. i'll post an update when i jam and gig with it. overall i'm really satisfied with what it did to the cub. parang nawalan ng sipon yung amp. haha

Thanks so much for the impressions. I'm a tube versus solid state skeptic myself. That is until I plugged in a Telecaster in the Cub 12R. The sound is really addicting. And it takes on my Zoom G1 and the Metal Muff so well that I'm seriously considering to upgrade the speakers too.

Was the installation process easy? No soldering involved?
FS: Effects Pedals, Blackstar HT5-R - http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=302374.0

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #966 on: October 14, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »
Thanks so much for the impressions. I'm a tube versus solid state skeptic myself. That is until I plugged in a Telecaster in the Cub 12R. The sound is really addicting. And it takes on my Zoom G1 and the Metal Muff so well that I'm seriously considering to upgrade the speakers too.

Was the installation process easy? No soldering involved?
we had to remove the tubes pero madali lang naman, medyo nagstruggle din kami sa pagpasok ng v30 kasi ang laki ng magnet. no soldering required, push-pull lang naman yung contacts sa speaker wires. :)

Offline maruzen

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #967 on: October 14, 2012, 07:07:37 PM »
we had to remove the tubes pero madali lang naman, medyo nagstruggle din kami sa pagpasok ng v30 kasi ang laki ng magnet. no soldering required, push-pull lang naman yung contacts sa speaker wires. :)

Thanks bro!

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #968 on: October 14, 2012, 09:54:03 PM »

First Impressions:
-v30 has slightly less bass (i think this is because it hasn't been broken in yet, ganito rin yung rocket 50 nung medyo bago pa, pero after countless gigs, jams and recording sessions nagloosen up na yung bass nung rocket 50. either that or nagmellow out yung highs niya).

Cool. My cub is currently on sale though. But if walang bumili until end of this month, i-upgrade ko rin speakers nya and just keep it. Sayang at bumigat nga as i thought. Gaan kasi dalhin.

Offline mrpentatonic

« Reply #969 on: October 16, 2012, 01:31:30 PM »
Guys patulong naman po, ayaw kasi tumunong nung cub10 ko. di ko siya nagamit for 4 months tinabi ko lang sa room ko. last day naisipan ko siyang gamitin pero ayun nga ayaw tumunog. not even a single hum. umiilaw naman yung mga tubes. tinry ko iOn lang for almost an hour para uminit yung tubes baka sakaling tumunog pero wala parin. though may alam ako sa electronics ayaw ko muna siya galawin kasi 1st time ko magtrouble shoot ng tube amp if ever. hindi ko pa alam kung aling components mga dapat kong icheck or baka may mas simpleng solution dito. patulong naman po ako. maraming salamat fellow cub users.  :)
Gusto kong Umutot pero T** lumabas~

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #970 on: October 16, 2012, 02:05:27 PM »
cub12 owner :drool:
h

Offline ToneChild

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #971 on: October 16, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »
Guys patulong naman po, ayaw kasi tumunong nung cub10 ko. di ko siya nagamit for 4 months tinabi ko lang sa room ko. last day naisipan ko siyang gamitin pero ayun nga ayaw tumunog. not even a single hum. umiilaw naman yung mga tubes. tinry ko iOn lang for almost an hour para uminit yung tubes baka sakaling tumunog pero wala parin. though may alam ako sa electronics ayaw ko muna siya galawin kasi 1st time ko magtrouble shoot ng tube amp if ever. hindi ko pa alam kung aling components mga dapat kong icheck or baka may mas simpleng solution dito. patulong naman po ako. maraming salamat fellow cub users.  :)

check mo muna yung thermal resistor ba yun na nakakabit dun sa amp jewel lamp...yun kasi unang issue sa cub. kung under warranty pa pagawa mo sa JB...kelan mo nabili?

Offline schwabe

« Reply #972 on: October 17, 2012, 07:23:43 AM »

First Impressions:

How much sir?  Been thinking of upgrading my 12r's speakers also.  Tagal ko na rin nagreresearch ng V30 vs governor, still cannot decide.  Your review of the V30 really helps.

Offline fender101

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #973 on: October 17, 2012, 06:01:55 PM »
Any church musicians here who uses Laney CUB for church? hehe need opinions because I think I'm GASSING for one :drool:
https://soundcloud.com/don-james-delosreyes

Ref/s: skeletonboy, manok, DevilMay, hahaha!, mawts_gwaps, bwizett, moncseb, Overture, etc...

Offline dudeofdude

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #974 on: October 17, 2012, 11:43:23 PM »
How much sir?  Been thinking of upgrading my 12r's speakers also.  Tagal ko na rin nagreresearch ng V30 vs governor, still cannot decide.  Your review of the V30 really helps.
i bought it for 5k. the stock R50 lacks high-end definition which the v30 adds to your tone. parang ang muddy and weak na ng R50 compared to the v30 na mas balanced and mataba ang highs. :) go for it!

EDIT: BTW i take back my comment saying the v30 has less bass than the R50, this has plenty more especially when cranked!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:47:09 PM by dudeofdude »