hulika

Author Topic: When You're not a sound engineer, what should you call yourself?  (Read 10135 times)

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
Re: When You're not a sound engineer, what should you call yourself?
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »
How about "noise transformer" ? Doing our best to transfer a lot of noise into something more audible?  :?

There's a genre for that kind of music. Let's just call it atonal.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline superwup

« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2009, 07:22:53 PM »
In that case i declare in this part of the Philippines a "atonal" martial law !!!!  :-D :evil: :evil:

Offline Jie

« Reply #77 on: December 12, 2009, 06:26:06 PM »
I worked for a company in Makati. Basically, my job was to sit in front of a MAC desktop, record a dubber, edit, then submit. I was one of the people responsible for tagalizing foreign movies. O wag niyo muna ako batuhin ng kamatis (if you hate tagalized movies). I applied because I thought Id be working with music, but no. I was a little disappointed. Nevertheless, I found the studios, the MACs, the KRKs and the digidesign 003s as luxuries that does not come everyday, plus the five digit salary, it was something I somehow enjoyed. But still, no music. I grew bored and decided to abandon the company after 3 months. I was called a RECORDING TECHNICIAN.

So I came back focused on my own business, my home recording studio. Its got papers, clients and a pilot - me. But im not a sound engineer, so whats my job title now?
Sir,pakisend namn yung former employer nyo.
Thanks!
She Is Everything To Me, The Unrequited Dream. A Song That No one Sings, The Unattainable. - Vermilion Prt.2

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: December 12, 2009, 06:38:57 PM »
Sir,pakisend namn yung former employer nyo.
Thanks!
sa JobsDB dami... pero overseas...
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline boy_george

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2010, 01:48:54 AM »
I worked for a company in Makati. Basically, my job was to sit in front of a MAC desktop, record a dubber, edit, then submit. I was one of the people responsible for tagalizing foreign movies. O wag niyo muna ako batuhin ng kamatis (if you hate tagalized movies). I applied because I thought Id be working with music, but no. I was a little disappointed. Nevertheless, I found the studios, the MACs, the KRKs and the digidesign 003s as luxuries that does not come everyday, plus the five digit salary, it was something I somehow enjoyed. But still, no music. I grew bored and decided to abandon the company after 3 months. I was called a RECORDING TECHNICIAN.

So I came back focused on my own business, my home recording studio. Its got papers, clients and a pilot - me. But im not a sound engineer, so whats my job title now?

sa 20plus ba to? :-D