hulika

Author Topic: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)  (Read 95120 times)

Offline renz13

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2010, 08:52:29 AM »
may nakatry na nung kirk hammett wah?
Transactions: yahoo!, sinosimelo, pentagram x, BossingBoss, masterchoxter, r_chino18, Souljp21, Xelly, Atomo, steliocore, allanfig, captcalamares, cenchria

Offline misery

« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2010, 12:11:46 PM »
Saw the vid man.. Damn... that pedal is messed up! hehe. My WD7 is 4 years old now. My gf got me this pedal when we were still in college. Sobrang inalagaan ko to dahil bigay nya kaya naman mint na mint pa walang gasgas whatsoever. Naka flightcase pa ako kaya well protected sha. Take note though that I weigh around 200 lbs kaya kung masisira man to just by the sheer weight of my foot.. matagal na dapat shang nasira.. I dont know what the guy in the video did pero if you dont abuse it and you're lighter than me Im sure its not gona fall apart hehe.

If you're gona buy this pedal though... I hope you realize that whatever you do with it, no matter how much you tweak it.. You will never ever get a classic "wah" sound out of it. I use this pedal much like how Vai uses his Bad Horsie. He uses his wah together with his whammy bar to make wierd sounds. In short, for me its more of an expression pedal than a wah pedal. I make use of its uber wide frequency range during solos to give a little spice and edge to my sound. I dont use it like how Hammett uses his wah where he "wahs" every note. Thats just not what the pedal was built for. Check out my pedalboard demos:

Notice that I switch on the pedal in the toe-down position using the footswitch and I dont even rock it. I just leave it at that position and then I use my Zoom's whammy to make the pedal scream. Why do I even bother clicking it on? At the toe-down position it makes it so easy for me to do stranglehold-babies even with my amp volume at only 20%. In the second video notice how long I held that note at 9:08. That's 17 seconds. And it didn't even decay on me. I could have held that note for days if I wanted to hehe. But I could only make the strings resonate at a certain frequency with my amp infinitely without cranking up my volume to 100% with the help of the Weeping Demon.  :-)

I'm not saying you should use it as an expression pedal too. I'm just trying to give you a heads-up.  :-) If you're looking for an old-school, run-of-the-mill, mom-n-pop kinda wah pedal.. to get that "classic wah" sound, you'll be better-off getting a Cry baby  :-)

oh i see...4 yrs?? wow tagal na pala....

so i still believe na nasa gumagamit din pala..

guys ask lang.. anu mas ok??

ibanez weeping demon
or
digitech whammy??

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #202 on: February 22, 2010, 03:52:55 PM »
oh i see...4 yrs?? wow tagal na pala....

so i still believe na nasa gumagamit din pala..

guys ask lang.. anu mas ok??

ibanez weeping demon
or
digitech whammy??

Iba ang use ng whammy sa wah.

Offline misery

« Reply #203 on: February 22, 2010, 05:08:15 PM »
Iba ang use ng whammy sa wah.

ay ganun ba?? kala ko wah din ang whammy.. hahah sensya

Offline darkfretlord

« Reply #204 on: February 22, 2010, 05:34:37 PM »
ang morley power wah pwede ipower ng mga DIY PSU's natin tama ba? hindi ito yung nanghihingi ng ibang klaseng psu?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #205 on: February 22, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
ang morley power wah pwede ipower ng mga DIY PSU's natin tama ba? hindi ito yung nanghihingi ng ibang klaseng psu?
depende,kung bibigyan mo hindi na sya manghihingi
What you own, owns you.

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2010, 03:49:41 PM »
depende,kung bibigyan mo hindi na sya manghihingi

xempre!!!! kung ako bibigyan mo i bebenta ko saka ako bibili ng mas mataas na quality ng wah!!!

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #207 on: March 02, 2010, 01:33:38 PM »
is it really a must to TBP a wah? 

i just recently got a Vox wah pedal and i'm still thinking if i need to have it TBP modded or not...when the wah is disengaged, i don't hear any significant tonal difference.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #208 on: March 02, 2010, 01:42:56 PM »
is it really a must to TBP a wah? 

i just recently got a Vox wah pedal and i'm still thinking if i need to have it TBP modded or not...when the wah is disengaged, i don't hear any significant tonal difference.

maybe the 845 has a good buffer maxi.. some high-end Morleys, kahit hindi true bypassed, maganda talaga ang buffer kaya ok na as is.. yung mga classic wah, yun ang tone sucker.. low end kasi at hindi ganun kaganda ang buffer circuit..

if hindi naman significant yung tonal difference, i don't see the need for it to be TBP'd..  :wink:

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #209 on: March 02, 2010, 01:58:49 PM »
maybe the 845 has a good buffer maxi.. some high-end Morleys, kahit hindi true bypassed, maganda talaga ang buffer kaya ok na as is.. yung mga classic wah, yun ang tone sucker.. low end kasi at hindi ganun kaganda ang buffer circuit..

if hindi naman significant yung tonal difference, i don't see the need for it to be TBP'd..  :wink:

thanks bro!  i haven't tried it extensively but based on the short time i tried it, it doesn't have any significant effect on my signal.  however, it must be noted that i just used it with a Boss SD-1. 

if it will be included in chain of 6 TBP pedals, do you think there would be a significant difference then?

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #210 on: March 02, 2010, 02:17:28 PM »
thanks bro!  i haven't tried it extensively but based on the short time i tried it, it doesn't have any significant effect on my signal.  however, it must be noted that i just used it with a Boss SD-1.  

if it will be included in chain of 6 TBP pedals, do you think there would be a significant difference then?

the boss is also a buffered pedal.. try plugging straight to your amp then the Vox-Boss chian.. i'm pretty sure meron nang loss yun.. pero baka nga hindi overly significant kasi dalawa lang..

pag 6 TBP pedals na.. a huge factor that can be attributed to a tonal loss are the patch cables..  :-)
but if you've got good patch cables.. then the wah.. i think meron parin magiging loss.. ever so slightly..  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 02:19:24 PM by r_chino18 »

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #211 on: March 02, 2010, 05:39:05 PM »
the boss is also a buffered pedal.. try plugging straight to your amp then the Vox-Boss chian.. i'm pretty sure meron nang loss yun.. pero baka nga hindi overly significant kasi dalawa lang..

pag 6 TBP pedals na.. a huge factor that can be attributed to a tonal loss are the patch cables..  :-)
but if you've got good patch cables.. then the wah.. i think meron parin magiging loss.. ever so slightly..  :lol:

No worries here coz our friend uses LAVA ELC's  :-D
zzzzzzz

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #212 on: March 02, 2010, 07:00:14 PM »
No worries here coz our friend uses LAVA ELC's  :-D

:-D

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #213 on: March 02, 2010, 07:23:44 PM »
thanks bro!  i haven't tried it extensively but based on the short time i tried it, it doesn't have any significant effect on my signal.  however, it must be noted that i just used it with a Boss SD-1. 

Bro if you have 6 TBP pedals and you have a TBP wah, you're gona loose some top end due to cable capacitance. You're gonna need a good buffer to drive the long cable run.  :-)

Here's Bob Bradshaw:

Visual Sound Myth Buster on True Bypass:

feature=related
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #214 on: March 02, 2010, 07:30:02 PM »
Bro if you have 6 TBP pedals and you have a TBP wah, you're gona loose some top end due to cable capacitance. You're gonna need a good buffer to drive the long cable run.  :-)

Here's Bob Bradshaw:

Visual Sound Myth Buster on True Bypass:

feature=related

thanks bro!  i'm loading the youtube vids now.  :-)

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #215 on: March 02, 2010, 07:39:31 PM »
@maxi

here's another good read on TBP and wahs

http://gig-fx.com/products/True_Bypass_Measurement_Full_Article.pdf

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #216 on: March 02, 2010, 08:41:17 PM »
@maxi

here's another good read on TBP and wahs

http://gig-fx.com/products/True_Bypass_Measurement_Full_Article.pdf

thanks for sharing the article bro!  dinugo utak ko.  lolz!  but i got the main concept.  :-)

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #217 on: March 02, 2010, 09:52:21 PM »
thanks for sharing the article bro!  dinugo utak ko.  lolz!  but i got the main concept.  :-)

hehe, may pagka technical nga..

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #218 on: March 02, 2010, 09:54:34 PM »
^^^ nice article Jeff!
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #219 on: March 02, 2010, 10:08:50 PM »
net, i think i don't need to TBP mod my wah.   :lol:

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2010, 06:08:28 PM »
u really need to tbp it?? unless kung us made yan ha... ung 847a na china manipis ung nagiging output ng sound kht nka off ung pedal ehh

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2010, 08:27:00 PM »
net, i think i don't need to TBP mod my wah.   :lol:

as long as it pleases your ears, you're all set. don't go with the hype.

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: March 09, 2010, 11:06:05 PM »
naka depende na lang talaga sa tenga yun pare!!

Offline strummer

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2010, 07:15:13 AM »
Bakit kaya wala na yung refurb na crybaby sa epektos? damn. pamalit ko pa naman sana yun kapag nabenta ko yung wah ko. hehe <does this count as a shameless plug? haha>
strum away!

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2010, 11:31:17 PM »
Guys, I have a question:

I was testing my newly intonated guitar a while ago. I plugged it in and ran it through my board to check. A few minutes into my playing, I noticed that the DC cable from my PSU to my ZW-45 wah isn't connected. Does that mean that the Wylde wah is TBP?