hulika

Author Topic: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)  (Read 95136 times)

Offline wntrswrd

Re: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)
« Reply #375 on: February 07, 2011, 09:47:58 PM »
wala sound pag naka-on ung wah, me sound pag naka off

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #376 on: February 07, 2011, 10:09:13 PM »
ano ba pwede niyo marecommend na volume/wah pedal? budget wise ayoko na bumili separate na volume at wah pedals for my pedal board. salamat

best that i've heard na volume / wah... yung power wah or alligator ata yun ng morley

though you can't achieve great things pag magkasama yung wah at volume.....

Offline rowley75

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #377 on: February 08, 2011, 05:28:18 AM »
sir pareview naman po..

morley bad horsie 2 wah. considering to buy one.
Live by honor, Kill by stealth.

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #378 on: February 08, 2011, 10:15:14 PM »
sir pareview naman po..

wat genre mo gagamitin or be specific kung anu paggagamitan....para malaman po natin! kei???

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2011, 12:00:51 AM »
sir pareview naman po..

pros:
easy to use...pretty much plug and play.
versatile with the two switchable modes
smooth hifi sounding
wont mess with your clean tone that much unless you pop up the volume knob
unity gain is at 12oclock. you can make it softer sounding or wilder sounding (boosted by 10db) depending on the volume knob in 2nd mode.
switchable sweep
moddable switching, time delay, and sweep
no pots. nothing to wear out. it wont go scratchy and ack ack ack like a dunlop. no maintenance headache
has an inductor. you can swap it out with a fasel if you like.
wide sweep especially at the mids and treble
auto switching. you can punch in or out of riffs whenever you like. you cant do that with most wahs out there.
good bypass. no tone suck.

cons:
if you are used to dunlops or vox it is quite hard to adjust to the form factor and sweep range.
takes up too much pedalboard space and is heavy
because it is optical, it is hifi sounding. so depending on your application, there are times it would sound too smooth
not as throaty as a dunlop
you cant make it as a steady filter since it is spring loaded
Depending on your application and music, the bad horsie can have too much treble on first mode. but you can adjust the sweep in the 2nd mode.
gobbles up batteries fast
can be noisy with hum if you are not using a quality power supply.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2011, 07:24:11 AM »
Nice review ^  Ok na sana kaso ayaw ko nung hi-fi sound, and trebly.  Would changing the inductor to Fasel help much?

Ano bang switchless wah ang pinaka throaty ang sound like the Vox or originals?

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2011, 10:59:21 AM »
Nice review ^  Ok na sana kaso ayaw ko nung hi-fi sound, and trebly.  Would changing the inductor to Fasel help much?

Ano bang switchless wah ang pinaka throaty ang sound like the Vox or originals?

well with the bad horsie 2, you can tune out the treble sweep via several ways. the easiest is to go on mode 2 and adjust the contour. another way is to udjust the ldr lights inside to make it not touch the treble window of the sweep. or you can cover the treble side of the window from the diodes. and finally, loosen the inductor.

putting a red fasel in there is a lot of work. i reckon you'll have a more pronounced bass and low mids if you put one. but i dont think it would be throaty enough to get head to head with the best dunlop, and vox. throaty is the function of a combination of things----a great inductor, pots and whatnot. optical wahs are by function and nature very smooth sounding. and they are great for high gain applications.

checkout the plutoneium chi wah wah. they ship it with red fasels as a customer option. by far this is the closest spring loaded wah to get into the "pot enabled" sound of dunlops.  the tremonti wah has a better growl than the horsie since it has a better inductor and boost mechanism. the lynch wah can at least replicate the growl of say a zakk wylde wah or a dimebag dunlop and it has  a notch switch if you want to make your wah as a steady lead filter.  the dunlop switchless gcb 95q is supposed to be a switchless version of the 535q but it sounds anemic. It has pots but i dont think it has an inductor.

these are the only ones i tried so far...and i stuck with a lynch dragon 2 wah because it suits my needs right now. i dont do funk and wah in clean anyway.

:)

Offline sd8450

« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »
need help fro wah enthusiasts:

saan ba makakabili ng 'rubber stopper' (yung nasa front ng wah) ng fulltone clyde wah. i got a fulltone clyde wah with one of the 'rubber stops' missing. thanks in advance :-)
Vintage and Not-So Vintage Amps
http://vintageguitaramps.blogspot.com/

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2011, 02:05:22 PM »
checkout the plutoneium chi wah wah. they ship it with red fasels as a customer option.

thanks for the detailed advise. didn't know you can order a chi-wah-wah w/ Fasels other than getting one from the $300 bronze run.

while we're on the subject, allow me to repost my review here (dapat pala dito ko talaga pinost yung review eh).

---- REVIEW OF PLUTONEIUM CHI-WAH-WAH ----

So Masterchoxter was kind enough to watch last Friday's Blues Night at Conspiracy and lend me his Plutoneium Chi-Wah-Wah to try out (btw, jellogz also let me try his Klone made by plugzzz). Chox is a smart guy and he knew one gig wouldn't be enough to evaluate a piece of gear so he offered to let me bring it home to test more thoroughly. That's like offering Johnny Walker to an alcoholic, right, so how can I refuse? LOL.

My observations (summary only, you can find all the specs on the web):
- As you probably already know, this pedal is indeed 'weapons grade'. Chox says the casing uses the same metal used on guns! "Tough as bricks" would be an understatement. So you are paying for the leading edge innovations (eg, the form factor, "instant play" actuator, controls, etc.), you also get quality materials and construction.
- The treadle's throw gets pretty deep so you get a very wide range of sound.
- The level and gain control makes a lot of sense. Most of us like to use wah for solo parts so having a little boost when you step on the wah is like stepping on 2 pedals at once. The gain control adds more dimension and richness to the sound too.
- The contour knob is really effective in providing a wide array of tones. The contour before 9 o clock can focus on the lows and mids which works  for blues, or past 3 o clock for mids to high treble for screaming shred. I like it before 12 o clock.
- The controls are very sensitive to the input. A Strat will sound very different from an LP. That's a good thing. smiley
- My only issue is that for a pedal which distinguishes itself for being so compact and perfect for strapping onto a pedalboard, it's design actually makes it a little challenging in that context. Add the height of the pedalboard to the height of the pedal and that's how high your toes/feet need to be to work the treadle. You will either have to work it w/ your toes w/ your feet at almost 40 degree angle (at least in my PT Mini) or suspend your foot over the treadle. Again that is if you're going to put it on your pedalboard.  If you put it on the floor, no problem at all.

In my usual fashion, I will refrain from judging the tone but will just share soundclips so YOU can be the judge (altho it's still best to try it out yourself). Suffice to say that it gets plenty wacka-wacka to my ears.

Here are the clips. Level was set at 12 o clock, Contour at 10 o clock, Gain at 2 o clock.
... with Strat http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=398267&songID=10245031
... with LP http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=398267&songID=10245032

My deep apologies in advance to Chox or Plutoneium if this demo clips don't do the pedal justice. My wah technique and recording gear is limited.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2011, 02:44:22 PM »
thanks for this review sir. that's the same issue i had with the chiwahwah. i like stompin and resting the whole weight of my foot on the treadle like what you normally do with the usual wah form factor. it helps me too balance my weight onstage. but with the chiwahwah, yes, it is a bit challenging to control the chiwahwah. the angle your foot needs to be in is a wee off if one wants to accurately work the sweep.

in full contour and full gain, the chiwahwah sounds like a tremonti with a little edge in volume.

Offline brown

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2011, 03:39:16 PM »
I own a Slash and a Zack. you're right...almost the same tone. I also consider them as the best wah for me. flexible!
he who hesitates, masterb@#$!

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2011, 11:47:50 AM »
I own a Slash and a Zack. you're right...almost the same tone. I also consider them as the best wah for me. flexible!

cool....pero nung nakita at narinig ko ang CAE wah.... Bro laki ng talo ng zakk at slash....sana nga ang sumunod na version ng CAE ehh yung pwede mo ng gamitin yung dalawang inductors nya ( red and yellow) para full range wah.....low hi mid  range wah na!.....then out of GAS na ako sa wah

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #387 on: February 23, 2011, 11:54:31 PM »
switchless wah???

eto sagot!

DEMO G LAb WAH PAD

this is a pressure sensitive accessories meant for  wah wah or any other pedal sepecially those boss na hndi true bypass...

konting diin or pressure lang sa pedal or in the pad for sure magoon man kung anu yung nakalagay dun

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #388 on: February 24, 2011, 10:23:51 AM »
switchless wah???

eto sagot!

DEMO G LAb WAH PAD

this is a pressure sensitive accessories meant for  wah wah or any other pedal sepecially those boss na hndi true bypass...

konting diin or pressure lang sa pedal or in the pad for sure magoon man kung anu yung nakalagay dun

AWESOME!

mukhang mahirap nga lang kumuha niyan.

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #389 on: February 25, 2011, 08:46:56 PM »
alam ko sa pro guitar shop meron ehh.... perobossingboss can help or even turi....

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #390 on: February 25, 2011, 08:51:04 PM »
275USD for the G-Lab?

too expensive, imo...
[

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #391 on: February 25, 2011, 11:41:19 PM »
any one tried the gigfx peter frampton mega wah??

plannig to get one

will post a review once i get it

Offline franzdean

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #392 on: March 01, 2011, 12:51:05 AM »
Do you guys put the wah before or after the distortion? just askin'  :-D

guitar>>wah>>distortion>>some other effects>>amp

or

guitar>>distortion>>wah>>some other effects>>amp
And baby if I need to, yeah I will keep you in the corner of my eye...

Offline kurtseth

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #393 on: March 01, 2011, 01:10:53 AM »
@franzdean

i put it before my dirt though :)

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #394 on: March 01, 2011, 03:55:56 AM »
Ako before the dirt pedals :-D

Offline franzdean

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #395 on: March 01, 2011, 03:12:08 PM »
have you tried putting them after the distortion?
haha. kasi kahit ako before the distortion aako mag lagay. pero that was before. ngayon iniisip ko pano ang set up ko with my wah na naka dikit n sa zoom multi. tas may naka hiwalay akong distortion,.

so which comes first?? :D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #396 on: March 01, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Well, do you use the zoom for modulation or wah? 'pag wah, before. 'pag modulation, after. That's just my preference anyway.

And, yeah. didn't like it :lol: I could see how you could get interesting sounds out of that though.

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #397 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:01 PM »
have you tried putting them after the distortion?
haha. kasi kahit ako before the distortion aako mag lagay. pero that was before. ngayon iniisip ko pano ang set up ko with my wah na naka dikit n sa zoom multi. tas may naka hiwalay akong distortion,.

so which comes first?? :D

kung before Distortion kahit anung wah....pero kung after the dirts or dist. i suggest yung may fasel lang....para na ppronounced pa din..... suggestion din wag mo isama sa multi... yung multi i loop mo sa amp.. then yung stomps mo ang direct to the input of the amp....

para di ka makarinig mxado ng clipping while engaging the  stomps..... mas madali mo pa macocontrol yung sound mo

Offline ej_alano

« Reply #398 on: March 01, 2011, 10:59:41 PM »
can i have my dunlop wah gcb95 modded into having its own 9v adapter input? battery powered kasi siya thanks!!!!please help guys
FSO ITEMS:http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=309791.0 http://talk.philmusic.com/index.php?topic=309542.0

Offline franzdean

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #399 on: March 01, 2011, 11:52:36 PM »
Well, do you use the zoom for modulation or wah? 'pag wah, before. 'pag modulation, after. That's just my preference anyway.

And, yeah. didn't like it :lol: I could see how you could get interesting sounds out of that though.

I use it for mods lang mostly, and yung expression pedal naman mostly for volume lang but i do use my wah minsan lang.

wala pa kasi akong power supply, bukas pa lang ako bibili kaya hindi ako makapag experiment. XD

kung before Distortion kahit anung wah....pero kung after the dirts or dist. i suggest yung may fasel lang....para na ppronounced pa din..... suggestion din wag mo isama sa multi... yung multi i loop mo sa amp.. then yung stomps mo ang direct to the input of the amp....

para di ka makarinig mxado ng clipping while engaging the  stomps..... mas madali mo pa macocontrol yung sound mo

now this is confusing. I always go with the simplest set up. nako hindi ko na ata gets yang i loop sa amp then stomp direct input sa amp. :p bahala na, try ko nalang anung set up.