hulika

Author Topic: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)  (Read 95095 times)

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
Re: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)
« Reply #475 on: August 06, 2011, 12:32:05 AM »
Itatanong ko palang sana tong Wah na ito sa "Dito ka magtanong" thread.  :lol:
May soundclips ka sir? Interested din ako sa wah na yan.

Uy sakto pala post ko.   :lol:
Wala sir eh, pero madami namang demos sa youtube. Dicontinued na nga lang siya. Nakahiram lang ako sa kaibigan.  :-)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:33:43 AM by r_chino18 »

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #476 on: August 06, 2011, 12:37:25 AM »
Uy sakto pala post ko.   :lol:
Wala sir eh, pero madami namang demos sa youtube. Dicontinued na nga lang siya. Nakahiram lang ako sa kaibigan.  :-)

Ok sir.  :wink:
Buti na lang hating gabi na, masarap ng mag youtube sa internet kong turtle speed.  :lol:
On vacation...

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #477 on: August 09, 2011, 11:55:30 AM »
plsss post your vintage sounding wahs thanks :D

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
need moe time and money to explore deeper about wahs!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2011, 08:51:17 AM »
They say the Picture wah is awesome for that :-)

Offline hendrix is a hoax

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #480 on: August 13, 2011, 11:53:51 AM »
saan ba nakakabili nang ganitong wah with high mids and low los

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #481 on: August 14, 2011, 08:26:13 AM »
watcha think of the Ibanez WH10V2?

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #482 on: August 14, 2011, 09:18:50 AM »
Minsan the question is not how versatile a wah is, but how versatile a player can be with a wah with too many settings that can be tweaked. I have a wah right now with 6 selectable settings, for me it's too versatile na for my applications. Given this type of wah I just chose the sweet spot on my wah and almost never changed it. But for me, a regular wah just works fine.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline mrbrownstone

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #483 on: August 14, 2011, 09:59:25 AM »
+1

"Versatile" may be taken as something that can be used for different genre,applications or the tones available. Similarly, one may perceive a wah that has a lot of controls as versatile. I for my part, don't change the settings much on my wilson wah. I don't use all the available sounds it offers (lots of it), however, the multiple controls are essential in achieving my desired wah tone.Hence, GAS over...for aWAHile  :-D

Offline ermonski

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #484 on: August 15, 2011, 05:11:49 AM »
^^these shoes will look great on wah pedals. lol

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #485 on: August 15, 2011, 03:13:48 PM »
Impulse buy. I've always wanted to try this pedal even I hated all the demos over the net.

For years I've been using a heavily modded USA Vox v847. Trying to copy the bad horsie's sweep and its capability to cut through distortion. But with no comparison, I am loving how my vox sounds like. Added, gain, sweep, Q & those typical mods.

Now a bad horsie 2 in hand, I am so surprise how this thing sounds like. It's almost the same as my vox! With the contour control (Q control) , you can actually adjust the quacking sound of the wah. Well, I assume you already know this, but my point is, those people who are saying that the bad horsie is bad for cleans? That aint true. The Q control in ONE reason to make it possible. What is number two? The sweep. The bad horsie has a 0.022uf capacitor for the sweep. Crybaby & vox v847 has .01uf. That is why the crybaby & the vox are better for cleans. Because of the sweep. That being said, the bad horsie is not impossible to be good for cleans.

I put a switch to choose between 0.01uf (stock) & 0.022uf for my vox years ago for versatility. But I use the 0.022uf all the time. So years after trying to emulate the bad horsie using my vox, today, It's finally confirmed that I ACTUALLY DID IT!! The only difference between the two is the switchless feature. So why will I now settle for the vox? I am now a convert. Too bad the vox is rare. I'm not going to sell it unless I'm starving to death :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 03:14:55 PM by pao2pao16 »

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #486 on: August 17, 2011, 10:06:40 AM »
Impulse buy. I've always wanted to try this pedal even I hated all the demos over the net.

For years I've been using a heavily modded USA Vox v847. Trying to copy the bad horsie's sweep and its capability to cut through distortion. But with no comparison, I am loving how my vox sounds like. Added, gain, sweep, Q & those typical mods.

Now a bad horsie 2 in hand, I am so surprise how this thing sounds like. It's almost the same as my vox! With the contour control (Q control) , you can actually adjust the quacking sound of the wah. Well, I assume you already know this, but my point is, those people who are saying that the bad horsie is bad for cleans? That aint true. The Q control in ONE reason to make it possible. What is number two? The sweep. The bad horsie has a 0.022uf capacitor for the sweep. Crybaby & vox v847 has .01uf. That is why the crybaby & the vox are better for cleans. Because of the sweep. That being said, the bad horsie is not impossible to be good for cleans.

I put a switch to choose between 0.01uf (stock) & 0.022uf for my vox years ago for versatility. But I use the 0.022uf all the time. So years after trying to emulate the bad horsie using my vox, today, It's finally confirmed that I ACTUALLY DID IT!! The only difference between the two is the switchless feature. So why will I now settle for the vox? I am now a convert. Too bad the vox is rare. I'm not going to sell it unless I'm starving to death :)

i agree with your review. the bad horsie is awesome. it cuts in the mix effortlessly and with no volume drop.

Offline bhaahchico

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #487 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:52 PM »

mukang mouse trap :D haha

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #488 on: August 17, 2011, 11:29:23 PM »
i agree with your review. the bad horsie is awesome. it cuts in the mix effortlessly and with no volume drop.

Yeah! And in addition, I dunno why people saying that  this thing cant do hendrix and SRV stuff. It sounds really good. Buong buo ang kagkaWAH. I havent heard this with a funk riff though. Ill try it later.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #489 on: August 17, 2011, 11:43:39 PM »
Yeah! And in addition, I dunno why people saying that  this thing cant do hendrix and SRV stuff. It sounds really good. Buong buo ang kagkaWAH. I havent heard this with a funk riff though. Ill try it later.

gusto kasi ng mga tao pag hendrix at srv yung gaspang ng tunog at quack ng wah. yung bad horsie kasi smooth at hi-fi ang feel. pero pag live naman i think only a few people can tell.

kumusta naman boost niya? ang alam ko kasi yung -10db/+10db ang boost niya tapos pag set sa gitna unity volume naman. i think it's a clean boost. tsaka yung full ng contour mode ba pareho sa badhorsie 1 mode?

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #490 on: August 17, 2011, 11:47:04 PM »
gusto kasi ng mga tao pag hendrix at srv yung gaspang ng tunog at quack ng wah. yung bad horsie kasi smooth at hi-fi ang feel. pero pag live naman i think only a few people can tell.

kumusta naman boost niya? ang alam ko kasi yung -10db/+10db ang boost niya tapos pag set sa gitna unity volume naman. i think it's a clean boost. tsaka yung full ng contour mode ba pareho sa badhorsie 1 mode?

Di ko ginagamit boost niya e. It acts exactly like a volume or clean boost. If after ng amp, it adds volume. If before/in front of an amp, it adds gain. About 80% ng contour wah is almost the same as the BH1..

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #491 on: August 17, 2011, 11:50:01 PM »
ano yung setting niya na pinakamalapit sa vox mo?

Offline ysei

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #492 on: August 17, 2011, 11:54:57 PM »

photo link: _http://i1113.photobucket.com/albums/k503/bulok_na_mata/Diy-Bass-Drum-Pedal-For-Diy-Electronic-Drum-KitRo.jpg

bulok na mata is back?
On vacation...

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #493 on: August 18, 2011, 08:13:18 AM »
ano yung setting niya na pinakamalapit sa vox mo?

Contour on. Tapos nasa 4oclock ung contour. Level is at zero.

Offline kiiimpoiii

• Veteran Member
« Reply #494 on: August 19, 2011, 01:47:58 AM »
@pao :very nice on experementing your wah :D galing :D

Offline pao2pao16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #495 on: August 19, 2011, 08:11:20 AM »
@pao :very nice on experementing your wah :D galing :D

Thanks man! Vox v847 and Dunlop gcb95 are very both units the lacks a lot of wah qualities. But they are modifiable to sound expensive.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2012, 07:06:54 AM »
So far I've been happy with the ZVex Wah Probe. I finally got it tweaked to quack the way I like.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #497 on: January 14, 2012, 07:46:16 AM »
So far I've been happy with the ZVex Wah Probe. I finally got it tweaked to quack the way I like.

Hala! Bakit mo inapakan?!  :-o Ok lang po ba yun? Kala ko ang mechanism niya ay hindi dapat tumatama. Di kaya yun makakasama dun sa plate sa ibabaw? Hehe.

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2012, 07:56:45 AM »
Hala! Bakit mo inapakan?!  :-o Ok lang po ba yun? Kala ko ang mechanism niya ay hindi dapat tumatama. Di kaya yun makakasama dun sa plate sa ibabaw? Hehe.

Haha! Wala namang sinabi sa manual na hindi puedeng tapakan. Seriously, I've been doing it since I got the pedal a couple of years ago. Ganun din yung sa barkada ko, tinatapakan din n'ya.
Could you just imagine how much tired your feet could get if you just hover your wah foot during the entire operation?  :-D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2012, 07:58:55 AM »
Haha! Wala namang sinabi sa manual na hindi puedeng tapakan. Seriously, I've been doing it since I got the pedal a couple of years ago. Ganun din yung sa barkada ko, tinatapakan din n'ya.
Could you just imagine how much tired your feet could get if you just hover your wah foot during the entire operation?  :-D

For the longest time, I thought that was the main point of the Wah Probe. Hahahaha! Parang Theremin.  :cry: