hulika

Author Topic: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)  (Read 95090 times)

Offline emil_murillo

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE BEST WAH!!! WHICH ONE IS IT???
« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »

Jen Electronica Wah
Eto one of the best vintage wah(?). Good sweep lalo na pag clean tone. Kaso pag high gain di masyado maganda.

Dunlop GCB 95
Mura and maganda din naman pag minodify as compared to stock

I had a client before who had this wah pedal... among all his pedals it introduces a low 60 Hz hum... so what we did is we put a low-pass filter w/c value's enough to attenuate the noise.. result ► it's like using batteries... noise gone..

By the way, this pedal gives a real classic wah sound & it sounds great.. :-bd

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE BEST WAH!!! WHICH ONE IS IT???
« Reply #501 on: January 14, 2012, 10:10:30 AM »

Jen Electronica Wah
Eto one of the best vintage wah(?). Good sweep lalo na pag clean tone. Kaso pag high gain di masyado maganda.

Dunlop GCB 95
Mura and maganda din naman pag minodify as compared to stock

This is THE WAH! With a halo inductor ata.....
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: THE WAH WORLD!!!(With New Wah's)
« Reply #502 on: March 18, 2012, 03:18:04 AM »
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2689/4244800256_3cbf98c14c_z.jpg
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2750/4244803968_9216ca0b67_z.jpg
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i120/severthee/ax/IMG_2934.jpg
ive come across some vintage(thomas, italian, jen wah, wah baby etc) and not so vintage wahs(rmc, wilson, area51),
i  love the quack and warm syrupy sweep they have.
at one point in my personal projects, ive even become anal with pot taper, inductor hfe+ohm and transistor's hfe.
 i thought theyre the last piece of the puzzle to be tweaked since the RC are easy to adjust anyway, and though i never paid much attention to the fishly caps, i preferred the polystyrenes because theyre quite accessible even if theyre easy to scorch if you dont heatsink. although there are oddball audio transformer that i tried that didnt fall within the standard 500hfe spec but produced good sounding wahs. i remember i used something like 1000hfe before.
but in the end i always go back to my plasticky, toyish, synthy sounding.. ibanez wh10.
it was my first ever effect way back when i was a kid. and i love it even before the whole fame it got because of fruciante. i dont get the big deal on jacking up the price when one can easily clone it.
nothing i encountered came close to it.... but maybe a moogerfooger with a cv pedal =]

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #503 on: March 18, 2012, 02:50:32 PM »
i was using a Budda wah for a while and now i've got the Custom Audio Electronics wah with the 2 fasel inductor things. It sounds good to me.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #505 on: March 18, 2012, 05:14:37 PM »
selectable fasels or in parallel?
its selectable with a line boost. the previous wah that i had kinda like it was the 535Q which i really liked because the sweep was selectable so it wasn't a one trick pony and you could use different voicings depending on the pedals you were using with it. i had a couple fulltones, an area 51 and a few of the RMCs but i never really liked them as much. only thing that came close was the budda which is why i kept it. the CAE is nice and is pretty flexible.

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #506 on: March 18, 2012, 09:42:51 PM »
would you know what are the two selectable fasels? how would you describe the difference between the two?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #507 on: March 19, 2012, 03:25:12 AM »
would you know what are the two selectable fasels? how would you describe the difference between the two?

which ones they are (the make) i wouldn't know though i am sure you can look up the exact make of the components somewhere. but i do know that they change the voicing to go between emphasizing the mids/ lows a bit more to a more of a top end emphasis which is useful for me because of the fuzz and ODs that I use. in a band context, depending on the type of music or bass player im working with, going between the two tones is great because you cut through the mix more for parts of songs that need to be noticed.

if you can try one out, do it. its not a one-all-be-all wah but it works enough for me because it gets the job done.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #508 on: March 19, 2012, 11:47:18 AM »
new EHX wah.. looks unique.

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #509 on: March 19, 2012, 01:18:58 PM »
"The Wylde Overdrive pedal is not true bypass...it is true hardwire bypass. That means the signal runs through a very high input impedance...so as to ease on signal loading and keep the tone intact. There will be some change in tone, but it is not easy to detect."

don't ask me to explain it..  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ano daw?  LOL!!!    :nosebleed:

Question:  I have a Zakk Wylde Wah and gusto ko alisin yung rubber feet nya para maisalpak ko sya sa pedalboard ko.  Thing is pag inalis yung rubber feet, sobra na yung screws nya, nakausli na pag ibinalik.  I also tried looking for shorter screws sa hardware stores na pwede ko magamit, wala naman ako makita.

Pano ko kaya maikakabit yung plate sa ilalim nang hindi lalawit yung screws?

Thanks!!!   :-o
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:41:54 PM by freemansj »

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #510 on: March 19, 2012, 06:47:37 PM »
been using my bad horsie 2 wah for three to four years now... still serving me well! :) though im liking the morley george lynch 2 wah! that one is really badass!

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #511 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
been using my bad horsie 2 wah for three to four years now... still serving me well! :) though im liking the morley george lynch 2 wah! that one is really badass!

bad ass indeed! gusto ko siya itapat sa test with a dunlop wylde wah.

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #512 on: March 19, 2012, 07:09:06 PM »

May Wylde Wah ka, sir?  Pano mo kinabit sa board?

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #513 on: March 19, 2012, 07:34:43 PM »
May Wylde Wah ka, sir?  Pano mo kinabit sa board?

wala. but alot of people i know has the wylde i can borrow. usually, you plug the wah first on your chain.

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #514 on: March 19, 2012, 07:37:55 PM »
wala. but alot of people i know has the wylde i can borrow. usually, you plug the wah first on your chain.

oh, i meant pano kaya sya naikabit sa board considering may rubber feet sya at pag inalis naman yung rubber feet, mahaba masyado yung screws.  :-)

Offline the_Nong

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #515 on: March 20, 2012, 01:21:57 AM »

the Morley Mini Vol/Wah pedal.. small in size but big in sound.. yep, sounds like the big one and fits into my PT-mini..

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #516 on: March 20, 2012, 02:32:16 PM »
Ano daw?  LOL!!!    :nosebleed:

Question:  I have a Zakk Wylde Wah and gusto ko alisin yung rubber feet nya para maisalpak ko sya sa pedalboard ko.  Thing is pag inalis yung rubber feet, sobra na yung screws nya, nakausli na pag ibinalik.  I also tried looking for shorter screws sa hardware stores na pwede ko magamit, wala naman ako makita.

Pano ko kaya maikakabit yung plate sa ilalim nang hindi lalawit yung screws?

Thanks!!!   :-o

Help please...   :-D

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #517 on: March 20, 2012, 05:58:14 PM »

Hahaha yeah! me too! :) Actually ang type ko na wah ay aggressive so ang nakikita ko talaga is yung Zakk Wylde at Lynch 2.. Yun lang mas leaning to Lynch ako for the reason na maganda bypass ng Morley.. Heard lang ksi na di daw ok bypass ng dunlop pero i personally haven't put a single dunlop wah in my board so 'heard' lang... Tsaka switchless kasi ung lynch eh! :)

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #518 on: March 20, 2012, 06:25:05 PM »
Help please...   :-D

i found screws that fit in handyman. You can try.cutting 1/4 of the thread with a cutting disc

Offline freemansj

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #519 on: March 20, 2012, 07:03:59 PM »
i found screws that fit in handyman. You can try.cutting 1/4 of the thread with a cutting disc

Ayun!!!  Maraming salamat, sir!!!  I will try that ASAP!!!  :-)

Offline SixtyCycleOhm

« Reply #520 on: March 21, 2012, 07:13:38 AM »

My old RMC wahs. Pic wah on the right, RMC3 on the left.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #521 on: March 21, 2012, 04:40:12 PM »
Nice, those are earlier ones, right?

I had an old RMC WOF wah once, but it's now with another forumite. :) I must say that Geoffrey's customer service is really great. Really recommended.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 04:42:29 PM by teleclem »

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #522 on: March 21, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
That may be the same red wof that traveled south hehe. Teese has an encyclopedic knowledge on wahs. And he shares that knowledge to those who have same passion as his. I love the rmc that has the. 015uf sweep cap. I forgot if that was the rmc2

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #523 on: March 21, 2012, 05:17:41 PM »
That may be the same red wof that traveled south hehe. Teese has an encyclopedic knowledge on wahs. And he shares that knowledge to those who have same passion as his. I love the rmc that has the. 015uf sweep cap. I forgot if that was the rmc2

Definitely want to try some more of his wahs (the RMC8 in particular.. which I think is like the rmc4 but with more controls). I like how he has a pic pa sa pedals niya. haha cool ang dating.

PM sent, btw.

Offline mahavishnu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #524 on: March 21, 2012, 06:49:37 PM »
I think that pic is intended to mimic the original vox clyde mccoy wah. That has the face of jazz trumpeter clyde mccoy.
http://www.craveguitar.com/lessons/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=55
As for the longhaired guy, im not sure if thats teese himself hehe
http://fmogearshop.com/store/images/D/TeesePictureWahBottom.jpg
id put miriam defensor's mug shot if i were to build a "wah"