hulika

Author Topic: ETO PARA SA MGA METAL...  (Read 32139 times)

Offline death666

Re: ETO PARA SA MGA METAL...
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2011, 06:45:35 AM »
in relation to metal, have you seen movie... " Anvil ", you should see it, metalheads are normal people too.  :-D

di ko ata alam to ah. mga anong taon lumabas tong movie na to?
o documentary ba sya?
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
--CONFUCIUS

Offline walanakamingyelo

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2011, 10:02:05 PM »
grabe yung anil. lalo na yung moment na nilapitan nya yung kapitbahay nila na member ng cactus ang tagal tagal nyang kinwento sabay di sya natatandaan. But still I admire them fornot being a sellout and doing what they love most!
Heart, Mind, Hands

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2011, 10:52:58 PM »
metal is only for a choosen few.. not for the masses.. and i hope it stays that way..

Hahaha mainstream haters? I don't get you guys and I probably never will.
If being mainstream translates to getting your music across the masses then why not.
Just because a lot of people like your songs doesn't mean you have to please them,

nasa band ang pagiging sell-out hindi sa pagka mainstream. Okay?

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2011, 10:58:01 PM »
^^^ haha! parang mga white-supremacy lang e no?  :lol: napakabackwards ng ganung mentality.  :lol: di ko rin magets. napakalaking issue sa kanila yung underground and mainstream tsaka posers and true blooded.  :lol:

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2011, 11:15:08 PM »
If being mainstream translates to getting your music across the masses then why not.
Just because a lot of people like your songs doesn't mean you have to please them,

but metal is not intended for the masses. same with hardcore, crust, d-beat etc. it speaks to a specific subculture of society. so it will not be mainstream as a whole. some part of it, yes, as you have seen in the 80s. but the totality of it can't even be understood by 8/10 people. paano magiging mainstream yan kung sobrang kaunti lang nakaka kuha at nakakaintindi? if it were meant for the masses, Love Radio, Willie Reviliame would already be cashing in on it.  kapag ang metal na banda gumagawa ng kanta, di niya naman iniisip na maabot niya ang masa. gagawa yun ng kanta para sa mga taong nakikinig din ng mga ganoong kanta. kaya nila sinasabi na hindi iyon ginagawa para sa lahat. para lang sa mga piling tao na nakakaintindi din ng ganoon.

now if we are talking about another genre, you can still reach the masses without selling out or being mainstream.

(bakit nga uli nasa guitar central ito?  :lol:)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:22:04 PM by Bolt Thrower »

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #230 on: April 25, 2011, 12:52:27 AM »
in our hearts and in our minds, we feel that hardcore music should stay out of big business and stay in the streets, where it belongs - RAYBEEZ

Offline robo-rat

« Reply #231 on: April 25, 2011, 01:41:21 AM »
[quote author=prince22 link=topic=16516.msg3194584#msg3194584 date=1303656778

[/quote]
i think you got it all wrong..first of all I am not a "mainstream hater"..I could be in a public place and hear lady gaga blasting through the mall's speaker and not blow up..in fact the first thing I would try to dig up in the mesh of popiness would be the guitar lines ..unlike the typical masa that would immediately get irritated by the sound of a mesa boogie dual rectifier..."ano ba yan? pang adik" would be the typical line that would come out from them... the statement was not about being sellouts or not.. its about the masses and their tolerance for things out of the ordinary and "mainstream" , which in some way would require a higher form of intelect and understanding.....if you think about it even the most sellout metal band to date is still considered as "hindi pang masa"... and like i said, i hope it stays that way..

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:44:56 AM by robo-rat »

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: April 25, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
para sakin ang talagang highest form pa rin na pang intelektwal kung musika paguusapan eh yung orchestra. mga classical piece. wala silang mentality or crowd na "we should stay underground"  :lol:

i think kasi yung mga core ng punk and metal e more of a movement than music. sa kin lang a.

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #233 on: April 26, 2011, 01:20:04 AM »
para sakin ang talagang highest form pa rin na pang intelektwal kung musika paguusapan eh yung orchestra. mga classical piece. wala silang mentality or crowd na "we should stay underground"  :lol:

i think kasi yung mga core ng punk and metal e more of a movement than music. sa kin lang a.

and there's something wrong with that?

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #234 on: April 26, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »
o documentary ba sya?

bro i-download mo na, at tutulo luha mo jan, documentary sya. probly one of the best rock docus ever. teka ano bang pinag aawayan dito?
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline alvinratsim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: April 26, 2011, 01:41:48 AM »
@robo-rat, lol mesa dual rec
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 01:42:53 AM by alvinratsim »
"If you want to play like the big boys, you've got to play what the big boys play"

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #236 on: April 26, 2011, 02:19:38 AM »

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #237 on: April 26, 2011, 02:24:46 AM »
in our hearts and in our minds, we feel that hardcore music should stay out of big business and stay in the streets, where it belongs - RAYBEEZ
RIP RAYBEEZ
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline death666

« Reply #238 on: April 26, 2011, 06:39:33 AM »
bro i-download mo na, at tutulo luha mo jan, documentary sya. probly one of the best rock docus ever. teka ano bang pinag aawayan dito?

thanks. gaano ba katagal to baka kasi di na kayanin ng pc ko,senxa na bulok pc ko eh. hehehe.
baka may link ka jan. hehehe    8-)
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
--CONFUCIUS

Offline nitroaurora

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #239 on: April 26, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
man sound pa lang ng trailer mukhang every frustrated rockers/metalheads will be emotional, nice catch...  :-D
Successful transactions with: Ryan Peralta, MarkV, Geloboy25, Teleclem, Tristan, Dhe (Dwelo_Axeman from PGT), Nickson, Jhule77, Robinissad, Zyehj, Roei03, Anyrandomhole, J3tayag, Samishellacool

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #240 on: April 26, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: April 26, 2011, 08:29:16 PM »
para sakin ang talagang highest form pa rin na pang intelektwal kung musika paguusapan eh yung orchestra. mga classical piece. wala silang mentality or crowd na "we should stay underground"  :lol:

Actually a lot of CLASSICAL MUSIC Critiques says that BOND(
) should not be called "CLASSICAL" because they're too POP.

For me Metal/Punk/hardcore is not about "We should stay Underground." It's more of a "The Music Industry should not Controll us."

That's why there are Record Labels that are only for "METAL".

BTT:
It's OK for METAL or any genre to Take over the music industry as long as it's still PURE. But that's impossible, it's still the MONEY who talks.

I don't care I see if MAYHEM on eat bulaga as long as I don't hear "TUGSH TUGSH TUGSH" on their music. :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:37:13 PM by samuelfianza »

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: April 26, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »

For me Metal/Punk/hardcore is not about "We should stay Underground." It's more of a "The Music Industry should not Controll us."

BTT:
It's OK for METAL or any genre to Take over the music industry as long as it's still PURE. But that's impossible, it's still the MONEY who talks.

I don't care I see if MAYHEM on eat bulaga as long as I don't hear "TUGSH TUGSH TUGSH" on their music. :mrgreen:

somehow agree ako. pero oks lang din sakin may tugh tugs tugsh na sila. malay mo nagevolve lang talaga.  :lol: parang silverchair. walang magaakalang ganun ka-extreme ang change nila. frogstomp - young modern album. wasak! ang mukang happy na sila. muakng kinakahiya pa nga nila mga heavy albums nila.  :lol:

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: April 26, 2011, 08:54:53 PM »
Yes ok lang yung mag-evolve. Basta yung hindi Pilit.  :evil:

Halata naman kung NATURAL o Hindi yung pagka "TUGSH TUGSH" eh. :lol:

Parang si MICHAEL JACKSON kahit SIKAT siya NATURAL PARIN kung ano yung ginagawa nya.

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #244 on: April 26, 2011, 09:00:37 PM »

BTT:

forgive me sir, me question lang ako if i may. you say and i quote "For me Metal/Punk/hardcore is not about "We should stay Underground." It's more of a "The Music Industry should not Controll us."  ang question ko is are you in the underground metal/punk/hardcore scene? have you ever been?  nagtatanong lang kind sir.

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #245 on: April 26, 2011, 09:13:53 PM »
^ Yes.

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #246 on: April 26, 2011, 09:24:58 PM »
and your "underground metal/hardcore/punk" band is?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:28:24 PM by notlimhxcx »

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #247 on: April 26, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »
on my sig. kalabian.

Offline notlimhxcx

« Reply #248 on: April 26, 2011, 09:47:42 PM »
ahhhhh. kalabian? OK..
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:48:44 PM by notlimhxcx »

Offline uruha03

« Reply #249 on: April 26, 2011, 10:07:55 PM »
o documentary ba sya?

napanuod ko to mga bro. sobrang ganda ng docu na to nakakaiyak..xP
may mga panahon pa ngang an layo ng pinuntahan nila tapos pagkatapos hindi sila babayaran.
\\\"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.\\\"