hulika

Author Topic: ETO PARA SA MGA METAL...  (Read 32044 times)

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
Re: ETO PARA SA MGA METAL...
« Reply #250 on: April 26, 2011, 10:45:11 PM »

napanuod ko to mga bro. sobrang ganda ng docu na to nakakaiyak..xP
may mga panahon pa ngang an layo ng pinuntahan nila tapos pagkatapos hindi sila babayaran.

does anyone know the music at the end of the film, yung scene na nasa japan sila
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2011, 02:24:38 AM »
and again, mikki_blinkme's signature has led me to GC...   :lol:  though i think dapat ilipat nga ito sa AGT.

here's my take on the whole topic.  i am personally sick of all the labels that we give musicians or fans of a certain genre...couple none-too-metal examples here.

little more than 10 years ago, nung kasikatan ng "kupaw core" (queso, greyhoundz, slapshock) sa pinas at korn, limp bizkit, etc., these bands were (incorrectly) called "hardcore" and if you listened to any other form of rock music, you were considered safe and/or behind the times.  i liked all of the above bands except limp bizkit but also listened to indie/alternative bands like pavement, ash, dinosaur jr., etc.  only for some friends to mockingly call the latter group of bands "nerd rock"...although said bands do have a geeky charm to them in a good way, the use of the term "nerd rock" was quite mocking.

right now i play in three bands, and one of them is the aural conflycts, a newly-formed band (actually v2.0 ng isang previous band ko) that plays a lot of '60s covers, with a growing number of '60s-influenced originals.  and with the notable exception of yours truly, my bandmates are in their early 20s.  sort of like the young veins, a band led by ex-panic! at the disco guitarist ryan ross, who is only 24 or 25, while his bandmates are no older than 29-30 years old.  but being that we're in the philippines, many people think of the aural conflycts' sound as "erpats rock" or even "lolo rock"...and our first potential gig (with all due respect to the organizers, who are good friends of mine in and out of PM) might be in front of a crowd of baby boomers.  nothing wrong with such a gig, but what if someone sees this in our "gig resume", i.e. sa facebook o sa PM, and we get pigeonholed into playing for crowds older than our parents, if not the same age group?  it's a realistic possibility here in our scene.

see what i mean?  it doesn't matter if it's "'60s brit rock = pang-lolo", "'90s indie rock = pang-nerd", "metal = pang-underground lang", "metal = pang-satanista", "guy with star tattoos = pankrakers ala rancid", "emo = pang-jejemon" or whatnot...all these mostly negative labels make it hard for non-mainstream bands to get the respect they deserve.  granted, we cannot please everyone, but these labels still are annoying and a symptom of the crab mentality (as mentioned by xelalien) na usong-uso pa rin sa scene natin.  

since birth anniversary naman ni erpats (RIP) ngayon, allow me to paraphrase two things he told me about being a musical elitist/music snob...

1.  nobody likes a music snob
2.  hindi aasenso ang banda mo kapag music snob ka

that, coming from a man who never was in a band (though was almost in one) but knew how to appreciate the music from my time like i did the music from his time.  

and regarding the last few posts...lupit nga ng anvil documentary.   :-D  these guys must have been close to 50 at the time of the docu pero tuloy pa rin sila sa dating tugtugan nila, even if they have a questionable manager and, as mentioned, sometimes don't get paid...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 04:21:53 AM by Endshiftresign! »
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline officebiker

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2011, 03:47:45 AM »
^^^ Batas yung post mo pare
If you feel offended, post your grievances using a phone made by a 10 year old in China.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2011, 07:58:31 AM »

I don't care I see if MAYHEM on eat bulaga as long as I don't hear "TUGSH TUGSH TUGSH" on their music. :mrgreen:

May  "TUGSH TUGSH TUGSH" music naman Mayhem ah. Nasa Grand Declaration of War. hahaha

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2011, 10:08:43 AM »
tama nayan... sumayaw na lang tayo... tugsh tugsh tugsh tugsh....  :lol:

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2011, 11:46:01 AM »
+1 Endshiftresign!
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline krizanto86

« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2012, 10:18:15 AM »
this is a classic thread  :lol:
"To each and his own"