hulika

Author Topic: Blues... Bluesy... Bluesier... Bluesiest?  (Read 17921 times)

Offline markthevirtuoso

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blues... Bluesy... Bluesier... Bluesiest?
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2006, 08:53:54 PM »
Quote from: dantuts
mark...thanks sa mp3..

meron ka nung REVELATION???  :lol:

salamat

No prob pre. :wink:

La eh. Di bale pre, pagnakakuha.hehe :lol:
Fidelity means a horrible noise sounds like a horrible noise.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2006, 01:16:11 PM »
this one is pretty cool too. Check out the long fingers on the piano player :shock:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDi9XdDamE8&search=blues%20guitar
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline alcorhytm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
blues bar
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2006, 03:42:25 AM »
medyo off-topic, but it doesn't get any bluer than this. i have a friend who's putting up a blues bar somewhere in QC, still looking for a small spot somewhere in District 3... no live music when they open, but they'd be playin wailin' blues all night long. from delta to country to brit-blues, sounboard recordings from concerts to recorded gems,  it's all that you're gonna hear all night. we'' keep this community posted.

Offline alcorhytm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
ooops....
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2006, 03:44:21 AM »
i meant "soundboard." sensya na....

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: blues bar
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2006, 01:26:12 PM »
Quote from: alcorhytm
medyo off-topic, but it doesn't get any bluer than this. i have a friend who's putting up a blues bar somewhere in QC, still looking for a small spot somewhere in District 3... no live music when they open, but they'd be playin wailin' blues all night long. from delta to country to brit-blues, sounboard recordings from concerts to recorded gems,  it's all that you're gonna hear all night. we'' keep this community posted.

wow!  saan yan sir and who is your friend?

sana mag live music din sila eventually...

Offline alcorhytm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2006, 07:17:01 PM »
Wala pang exact location, he's lookin for a small space that he'd convert to a joint. no frills, just the blues and cold brew and good chow. trip din nya live music, eventually there will be. target opening would be mid-September... he's got himself focused on it. pinapasali ko na sya dito so he could do the pitch. sali na yata sya sa pinoyblues.org. we'll definitely let you guys know. salamat...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2006, 11:30:47 AM »
Quote from: alcorhytm
Wala pang exact location, he's lookin for a small space that he'd convert to a joint. no frills, just the blues and cold brew and good chow. trip din nya live music, eventually there will be. target opening would be mid-September... he's got himself focused on it. pinapasali ko na sya dito so he could do the pitch. sali na yata sya sa pinoyblues.org. we'll definitely let you guys know. salamat...

he should definitely check out some of the bands in several of the blues gigs happening in the next few weeks/months...

July 28, Conspiracy (Blue Rats)
Aug 5, Gweilo's Eastwood (Snakecharmer, Firebottle, Plug, Huka, Salindiwa)
Aug 15, Conspiracy (Bronx St Blues Band, Firebottle, dobro gtr jam)
Aug 25, Blues-Rock night at Mag:net (Snakecharmer, etc.)

tell him to check out the Gig Announcements area for updates.

Offline alcorhytm

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Blues bar
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2006, 12:56:49 PM »
alright deltaslim, thanks. we'll be checking out these gigs.

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2006, 08:42:44 AM »
does anyone here listens to Janis Joplin ?? been listening to her for about 3 weeks now... its kinda addicting too hehee i love her band Big Brother & the holding company.. James gurley is awesome on guitars...

psychedelic blues rock (ball and chain & piece of my heart).. hehehehe and some country tunes to ..(covers of Me and Bobby Mcgee)

I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2006, 10:35:09 AM »
Drop by Conspiracy on July 28. That band does versions of many of the folks mentioned in this post: Muddy, BB, Buddy Guy, Aretha, Ray Charles, Janis, Jimi, EC, SRV, Robben Ford, Blues Brothers -- including a whole bunch of other stuff by Albert Collins, Albert King, Wilson Pickett, Savoy Brown, Bonnie Raitt, Allman Bros, Stones, Joe Bonamassa, Joss Stone, Shannon Curfman, Skynrd, ZZ Top, Crowes, etc.

Of all these folks and their ilk, the most consistently bluesiest, oiliest, grasiest, gutsiest dude is........Albert King. As a blues guitar player, the man has no equal. All in the phrasing and attitude.

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2006, 10:49:39 AM »
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

Offline serpentboy

« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2006, 03:18:07 PM »
My first post... \:D/

Greetings Blues Brothers!

I consider Muddy Waters as one of the greates bluesmen ever, his voice, his slide, and his girls hehehe! I especially like the inclusion of harp parts in most of his songs.

Special mention also to the duo of Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee. Those harp licks by Sonny are of "superhuman" caliber.

BLUES RULES!!!

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2006, 06:59:46 AM »
welcome bro 8)

Offline serpentboy

« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2006, 10:26:33 PM »
Quote from: pallas
welcome bro 8)

Salamat sa welcome bro!  \:D/

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2006, 02:17:53 PM »
blue?cant get any bluer than these guys

grover.....--who do you think grover washington was named after? ...or maybe it was the other way around.

cookie monster---the gravelly voice...cant compete with that,he sounds like louis armstrong. and this fixation with one of the basic food groups "cookies"...he's always lamenting for them...never satisfying his hunger...he's got some issues man! get into cookie rehab bro!

snuffleupagus---imagine knowing everybody on the street...and only one of them ever sees you coz everbody thinks you're imaginary.tha' some blues righ' there.
:lol:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2006, 01:44:40 PM »
Favorite blues song title " Life is hard then you die" by Johnny Winter
I think the guy I keep going back to listen to though is Luther Allison and for you guitar fanantics its a must to listen to Roy Buchanan. His version of Red House, Sweet Dreams and Green Onions will give you much to think about, mind blowing.

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2006, 02:15:25 PM »
Quote from: blues2death
blue?cant get any bluer than these guys

I'd put Ernie and Bert in there too - imagine not being able to legitimize their long relationship since New York doesn't recognize same sex marriages...   \:D/

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2006, 02:17:33 PM »
Quote from: whitey
Favorite blues song title " Life is hard then you die" by Johnny Winter
I think the guy I keep going back to listen to though is Luther Allison and for you guitar fanantics its a must to listen to Roy Buchanan. His version of Red House, Sweet Dreams and Green Onions will give you much to think about, mind blowing.

Clapton agonizing over these lyrics (a blues standard I must admit) does it for me:

Have you ever loved a woman so much you tremble in pain?
Have you ever loved a woman so much you tremble in pain?
And all the time you know she bears another mans name.

But you just love that woman so much its a shame and a sin.
You just love that woman so much its a shame and a sin.
But all the time you know she belongs to your very best friend.

Have you ever loved a woman and you know you cant leave her alone?
Have you ever loved a woman and you know you cant leave her alone?
Something deep inside of you wont let you wreck your best friends home.

Offline sweet papa john

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2006, 11:12:26 AM »
my first post:

yeah, eric's cryin' his heart out in that blues standard, badly smitten by best friend george's patti and deep into scag at the time. Another killer is Jerry Lacroix's voice on Entrance's "I Got News For You"... gets me down like a heavy dose of scotch.
you have to have lived the blues to really feel the blues...

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2006, 01:49:16 PM »
Quote from: sweet papa john
my first post:

yeah, eric's cryin' his heart out in that blues standard, badly smitten by best friend george's patti and deep into scag at the time. Another killer is Jerry Lacroix's voice on Entrance's "I Got News For You"... gets me down like a heavy dose of scotch.

cool handle, bro.  i "composed" a tagalog version of that song. it's called "Pepeng Pianono." used to play it w/ my old band sa Club Dredd, campus, etc.  :-)

Offline sweet papa john

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2006, 06:46:55 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Quote from: sweet papa john
my first post:

cool handle, bro.  i "composed" a tagalog version of that song. it's called "Pepeng Pianono." used to play it w/ my old band sa Club Dredd, campus, etc.  :-)

ganun ba? interesting... maybe you guys could play that in one of the jams. saw your dobro trio at conspiracy last week. cool stuff.
you have to have lived the blues to really feel the blues...

Offline jazhombie

Re: Blues... Bluesy... Bluesier... Bluesiest?
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2007, 05:15:17 PM »
 :-D

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2007, 01:13:36 PM »
... Parang mas matatalino 'ata ang mga taong naga-post re blues kaysa mga naga-post re jazz....
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2007, 08:14:08 PM »
... Parang mas matatalino 'ata ang mga taong naga-post re blues kaysa mga naga-post re jazz....

???  :-D

Don't let the denim overalls fool you.  ;-)