hulika

Author Topic: Drummers' Online Shopping Thread  (Read 11120 times)

Offline hida_berserker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Drummers' Online Shopping Thread
« on: June 06, 2006, 01:04:53 AM »
i just wanted to buy some zidjian sticks from that site because they're cheap. but i don't know what the requirements are for me to get those sticks.

please someone help..

Offline waybine

• Veteran Member
has anybody bought something from musiciansfriend.com?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 02:40:45 AM »
In my case, i asked my cousin three weeks ago, who was at that time living in California to place an order for me, then she brought it home last week. I ordered for 4 sets of 4-Pair Vater Pack 5A Drumsticks wood tip at Musiciansfriend for only 19.99$ per pack. Imagine for a thousand pesos meron ka ng 4 pairs of Hickory sticks by VATER. Cheap talaga! Mas makakamura ka tol kung may mga contacts ka abroad, para less ang shipping fees. The sticks are good and im enjoying it. Bagsak presyo din ang Zildjian sticks, at madami pang iba.  Ang alam ko kasi pag outside US and delivery, minimum of $100 dapat ang worth ng purchase at malaki of course ang shipping fees, tapos tax pa sa customs, etc. Im not sure, pero sulit tol mga promos ng musiciansfriend. Yung ibang musicstores walang ganung offer, sila lang ang meron. Try mo.
WayneQB
deadly in black

Offline hida_berserker

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 06:31:02 AM »
oo nga e sulit yung sticks na nakita ko mamimili ka in different sizes ng zildjian for less than 1K. tsk tsk wala lang kasi akong contact sa US e hehe too bad. if i'd order those sticks malamang mas mahal pa babayaran ko sa shipping kesa dun sa sticks. T_T . Thanks for the reply dude

Offline Akira JUMBO

• good vibrations
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2006, 03:53:20 AM »
@hida

what did you want from musicians friend? maybe i could help you.. :lol:
DRUM.ROOM drum items for sale click here

Offline manson

Online Shopping
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 10:08:38 PM »
Hey DrummerS! just wondering can you guys suggest any website to order cymbals or any drum related items that ship to the philippines.

Thanks!! :D  :D
power in numbers!!!

Offline CHAMPorado

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Online Shopping
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2006, 12:14:33 AM »
there are lots in ebay.com or ebay.co.uk

second hands are best from ebay US than ebay UK but its worth searching in both coz you'll never know where a bargain lurks.

pay more attention to ebay stores or private sellers with power seller status rather than spurious individual sellers unless their ratings/feedbacks, if any, vouch for them. you have to weigh their credibilities yourself. and above all, will they agree to shipping the items at a cheaper cost, underdeclare it to get around local customs and insure it. the best way around customs is to underdeclare the item but if the seller wont agree to it then you can have it sent via fedex so you still would not have to pay any custom duties here in the phils since fedex has its own custom brokerage system. above all, pay only with paypal. avoid disclosing your financial details over email or phone. some ebay stores have secured interfaces that allow you to enter your credit card info to purchase the item even without paypal, this is fine as long as the seller appears to be a credible ebay store. some readers might get pissed at me for advocating circumventing custom duties, pobre lang po ako kaya eto diskarte ko pero pag yumaman ako and para sa mga mayayaman din dyan, wag nyo na balakin ito, ano ba yung a few thousands sa inyo. peace.  :P

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Online Shopping
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2006, 07:59:07 AM »
Quote from: CHAMPorado
you can have it sent via fedex so you still would not have to pay any custom duties here in the phils since fedex has its own custom brokerage system

point out ko lang baka kasi ma mislead yung iba, if you use fedex, ups or dhl you ARE paying for import tax that's why they have their own brokers. you just dont notice it since its inclusive in the payment. check your receipt, you'll see it.

try sending it via USPS and you'll notice that the same service from the big 3 will be half the price (kasi wala pa yung duties & taxes dun)...but chances are you will pay for duties and taxes when you claim it. some guys are lucky enough not to pay any d&t except for the "30 peso processing fee".

the only way to really avoid tax is underdeclaration but if anything ever happens to the package during transit, you are screwed coz insurance will only pay you the amount you declared.

use balikbayan box service if available...no tax as mandated by the govt (with the exception of electronic devices)

Offline wax_static

• Veteran Member
Online Shopping
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2006, 08:32:45 AM »

second hands are best from ebay US than ebay UK but its worth searching in both coz you'll never know where a bargain lurks.

pay more attention to ebay stores or private sellers with power seller status rather than spurious individual sellers unless their ratings/feedbacks, if any, vouch for them. you have to weigh their credibilities yourself. and above all, will they agree to shipping the items at a cheaper cost, underdeclare it to get around local customs and insure it. the best way around customs is to underdeclare the item but if the seller wont agree to it then you can have it sent via fedex so you still would not have to pay any custom duties here in the phils since fedex has its own custom brokerage system. above all, pay only with paypal. avoid disclosing your financial details over email or phone. some ebay stores have secured interfaces that allow you to enter your credit card info to purchase the item even without paypal, this is fine as long as the seller appears to be a credible ebay store. some readers might get pissed at me for advocating circumventing custom duties, pobre lang po ako kaya eto diskarte ko pero pag yumaman ako and para sa mga mayayaman din dyan, wag nyo na balakin ito, ano ba yung a few thousands sa inyo. peace.  :P

sir paano ba gamitin paypal??? cencya na sir, wala lang tlga ako alam dun eh...

Offline jun_BALARAW

• Philmusicus Addictus
Online Shopping
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2006, 04:45:39 PM »
Beware of hackers..
PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE.... PEACE....

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
help! about musician's friend
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2006, 05:08:16 PM »
guys meron na ba sa inyo nakabili sa musician's friend? nagshship ba cla internationally? interesado kasi ako sa ddrums or yung 4pc na pdp, mura kasi e. can i pay thru credit card? need your help man, thanks
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2006, 05:10:09 PM »
paging panterica... alam niya to.

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 05:17:01 PM »
musicians friend, they DO NOT ship overseas, i used to purchase from music123, kaso medyo mataas ang shipping nila (music123 ships overseas through ups)

halos lahat ng drum stuffs ko galing sa musicians friend, i ship it to a friend in usa, then he ships it to me, less tax, less shipping cost, less trouble.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
Online Shopping
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 05:20:55 PM »
musicians friend, kaso dapat may relative ka sa states.
ebay, kaso mas maganda kung may paypal ka.

paypal payment is the best method of payment, kasi pwede mong i-reverse payment pag di mo nakuha yung item na binili mo.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: help! about musician's friend
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 05:25:48 PM »
Quote from: franco
guys meron na ba sa inyo nakabili sa musician's friend? nagshship ba cla internationally? interesado kasi ako sa ddrums or yung 4pc na pdp, mura kasi e. can i pay thru credit card? need your help man, thanks

drumkit? personally i will never buy a full drumkit abroad, shipping+tax costs will be more than half of what you paid for the kit.

plus your credit card is no good to them, they only accept north american issued cards. you can pay via money order.

as mentioned before, they do not ship internationally on certain brands.

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Online Shopping
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 05:43:56 PM »
Quote from: panterica

paypal payment is the best method of payment, kasi pwede mong i-reverse payment pag di mo nakuha yung item na binili mo.

Paano yung paypal?

Offline franco

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 05:54:18 PM »
thanks mga sir! try ko kausapin aunt ko sa L.A. baka pde sya magsend. how much would the shipping cost me, kahit rough estimate lng kung buong set ang kukunin ko? let's say a 5pc. kit
if you can't join them, beat them!

Offline peeves24

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 06:03:03 PM »
bass drum pa lang mamumulubi ka na...nasa 200+ dollars agad yun kasi may oversize freight charge pag air. kapag expedited shipping (3-day) nasa 400+ pataas na at USPS EMS pa lang yan

yung ibang boxes mo typically nasa 100 to 300 dollars

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 06:04:51 PM »
Parang mas mura magpasabay ng shipping sa mga music stores dito.

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 06:11:05 PM »
if you really want to buy from abroad, ipaship mo through balikbayan box, mas makakamura ka, siguro nasa $120 buong kit na.

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
Online Shopping
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 06:12:51 PM »
Quote from: Gep

Paano yung paypal?

unfortunately, hindi offered ang paypal sa pinas, you still have to find a friend or relative from usa or other countries na offered ang paypal service, sila na lang ang magbayad sa seller, then bayaran mo na lang yung paypal owner.

paypal, parang debit card na online. hehehe.

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Online Shopping
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 06:49:56 PM »

paypal, parang debit card na online. hehehe.[/quote]

Yung e-2-door.com nago-offer ng cash payment through paypal e. Sulit kaya?

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
Online Shopping
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 06:54:35 PM »
Quote from: Gep

paypal, parang debit card na online. hehehe.

Yung e-2-door.com nago-offer ng cash payment through paypal e. Sulit kaya?[/quote]

hindi ko pa natry yan sir, pero syempre may cut pa sila dyan. dagdag gastos hehehe.

Offline Gep

• Philmusicus Addictus
Online Shopping
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 07:06:11 PM »

hindi ko pa natry yan sir, pero syempre may cut pa sila dyan. dagdag gastos hehehe.

PUCHA! Hindi Sulit!

Sinubukan ko ipa-e-2-door yung gusto kong Tama Superstar (grabe, sa 22" bass drum, mas sulit naman to kaysa dun sa 24" bassdrum kit na P55,000!).

Around P44,000 lang ang peso equivalent niya. Sinubukan ko i-e-2-door, ang calculated price nila e halos P69,300!!!
P25,300 na tubo!

Sinubukan ko mas murang gamit, yung gusto ko rin na Zildjian 17" K Dark Crash Medium Thin, na ang price ay roughly P11,600. Kung gagamitan ng e-2-door, P18,800 ang gastos! P7,200 na gastos para lang doon! Wag na.

One option down. Haha. Manghahack na lang ako ng credit cards uli.

Offline CHAMPorado

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Online Shopping
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 07:57:02 PM »
Quote from: peeves24
you can have it sent via fedex so you still would not have to pay any custom duties here in the phils since fedex has its own custom brokerage system

point out ko lang baka kasi ma mislead yung iba, if you use fedex, ups or dhl you ARE paying for import tax that's why they have their own brokers. you just dont notice it since its inclusive in the payment. check your receipt, you'll see it.

try sending it via USPS and you'll notice that the same service from the big 3 will be half the price (kasi wala pa yung duties & taxes dun)...but chances are you will pay for duties and taxes when you claim it. some guys are lucky enough not to pay any d&t except for the "30 peso processing fee".

the only way to really avoid tax is underdeclaration but if anything ever happens to the package during transit, you are screwed coz insurance will only pay you the amount you declared.

use balikbayan box service if available...no tax as mandated by the govt (with the exception of electronic devices)

i stand corrected, thanks for clariftying it peeves. overall, if its not a fragile item like drumkits, just underdeclare it so that the shipping cost via fedex which includes customs will be low. you will only have to risk that the items dont really get screwed up as in for example binagsak yung edge ng cymbals sa cement pavement (but what are the chances of this happening if it is properly boxed and handled) and another risk is the item might get lost (stolen) while in transit. underdeclaration will indeed forfeit insurance claims for its true value or worth.

pag balikbayan box naman, i suggest that you dont use this with drumkits coz balikbayan boxes are merely carton boxes and are likely to be thrown around when being ported into the cargo. porters dont really expect balikbayan boxers to contain fragile stuff, ang alam nila ay clothes, books, unfragile items basically. an alternative to balikbayan boxes are crates or liftvans also being offered by pinoy shipping firms offering balikbayan boxes. crates and liftvans are lifted by forklifts and are not thrown or pushed around by hands. i know this coz i am a partner of relative of mine in such business in the states and in some places in europe. crates and liftvans are usually used for fragile items like electronics such as TV, computers that are being transported to the Phils by balikbayans/OFWs/diplomats/businessmen/etc coming home. my friend used this to transport his Gretch USA Custom to manila. he placed each tom within each tom and into the bass drum, covering each with bubblewrap and a layer of carton box. some toms were small enough to be hand carried or checked in flight as fragile. the kit was placed inside a carton box cushioned with clothes, then placed inside the crate and surrounded again by other household stuff like clothes, books, pans, etc. you have the option of declaring it to insure it properly but are risking of getting taxed back home. so para door to door talaga just dont declare it as containing a drumkit, just put used clothes, used cooking sauce pans and utensils and used school books. always use the words: USED and PERSONAL ITEMS. best of all, use reputable pinoy shipping firms based overseas and not just take the word of pinoy acquiantance you chanced upon up the road. mind you, there are dodgy shipping agents out there preying on innocent pinoys' hard earned belongings. if i missed out any details or erred at some part, feel free to let me know as i'm just blasting away on my keyboard out of boredom and to share some FYIs.  :P

Offline CHAMPorado

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Online Shopping
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 08:19:23 PM »
Quote from: wax_static

sir paano ba gamitin paypal??? cencya na sir, wala lang tlga ako alam dun eh...

no worries! this is a forum, libre magtanong.

anyway, Paypal is an internet based purchase payment system that allows you to save your credit card or debit card or cash card/atm using their secured interface. so every time you buy an item from ebay or from a store that accepts paypal payments, you do not have to disclose to them your credit/debit card information and instead use your paypal username/info to pay it. paypal in turn will deduct the amount you paid for from your recorded/saved credit/debit card.

with paypal, you can also accepts payments, money transfers by other paypal users and withdraw collections. but paypal charges for this. withdrawals are also charged for paypal withdrawals less than $US 100 or £50, 50 US cents or 25pence lang naman (25pesos); above 100US$ withdrawals are free. you can also use these collections to pay for items bought using paypal so paypal won't have to deduct anything from your card on record.

but before you go on signing up for this, you should have a US or UK or some EU country, HK, Australia issued credit or debit card. it is a requirement. Philippines-based ebay i think uses Bidpay, i never tried it. some ebay stores and online merchants accept bidpay, but there are more users of paypal worldwide. Someone have told me that they were able to use their philippine-based HSBC credit card to successfully sign up with paypal, not sure though if this is possible, but could be coz i use HSBC for my online transactions via paypal but its US-based, but it could be possible coz hsbc is globally reputable banking system, just try and let us know if pwede local hsbc cards with paypal.

money orders or bank transfers are alternatives. dont use western union.  :P