hulika

Author Topic: Most depressing band  (Read 6885 times)

Offline Bart

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« on: June 08, 2006, 07:18:48 AM »
Which band never fails to depress you?
For me Alice in Chains takes the cake. The lyrics are just twisted and their overall ambience is just emotionally draining. But they remain as one of my favorite bands. Favorite depressing song is Would?.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 07:21:11 AM »
I love that song.
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 07:25:04 AM »
listening to Jar of Flys gave me goosebumps, STPs core comes pretty close. Iron and wine is definitely depressing. The breakthrough album ni David Gray comes to mind as well. Nick Drake and the list goes on.
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 07:47:53 AM »
Kurt Cobain is depressing enough for me!!!!!!!

just listen to "something in the wayyyy..."

the Cello really makes it sound so depressing..

Offline gutz_3110

• Forum Fanatic
Most depressing band
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 08:06:30 AM »
jesus and mary chain...

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Most depressing band
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 08:11:37 AM »
Nirvana, without a doubt.. and John Lennon's songs throughout his solo career. Lennon didn't sugarcoat his songs with poetic lyrics or wordings; he sang what was in his heart straight-up. "Mother" and "Jealous Guy" are just a few samples of his emotionally-charged songs. :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline wormnanor

Most depressing band
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 08:20:53 AM »
yup nirvana, would of alice in chains, jesus lizard d associate, mudhoney's into the drink & etc...foo fighters songs are depresing enough some of it... 8)
Smooth Domestic Deal: Andrew o_o, xfree, Paolo Duay, CoCa, Liptone/Tonlip International, Mr. Prank_Sinatra, Alcoholicarl, Jflowers, Dual-Mono, Redhot.

Offline haey2

• Forum Fanatic
Most depressing band
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:39 AM »
AIC & NIRVANA is on top of my list...cobain and staley makes you so dperessed...even their lifestyle when they were alive....even the way they both died...i may add silverchair & radiohead.... :(  :(  :(

2 great musicians...swept away by that damn addiction... :evil:  :evil:  :evil:
black moon creeping...

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 09:01:37 AM »
Quote from: haey2
may add silverchair & radiohead....    

2 great musicians...swept away by that damn addiction...

napakinggan mo na yung DIORAMA ng silverchair.. i think thats there most beautiful album..full of colors ..hindi sya depressing..
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 09:10:22 AM »
most depressing band... Metallica! nakakadepress ang tugtugan nila. or dapat pala most disappointing band. dapat ibalik sa old school. nadinig ko bagong song nila. di ko pa rin  trip although bumilis ng konti.  buti pa yung bago ng Slayer! :twisted:

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 09:30:59 AM »
Linkin Park  :lol:

I liked this band before. Their songs' mood unconsiously got to me. What the hell, I didn't have problems, pero feel na feel ko yung kanta. Eh puro "turning back time", "misuse of trust", etc. ang topic ng songs nila..I finally decided to not listen to that stuff. I need to be happy.

And yung mga ibang (if not most?) emo bands. Napansin ko mga kakilala kong mahilig sa emo - wala namang problema, gumagawa ng problema para maka-relate sa song. Ay ewan  :roll:

*I have nothing against emo. Just my opinion.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 09:48:30 AM »
Symphony X - incredible players. but listening to their songs was really a depressing experience for me.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline in_the_tent

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 09:49:42 AM »
nirvana, radiohead
"The Lord is my Song.."

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Most depressing band
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 09:50:13 AM »
Quote from: >BART<
For me Alice in Chains takes the cake. The lyrics are just twisted and their overall ambience is just emotionally draining. But they remain as one of my favorite bands. Favorite depressing song is Would?.

hey we used to cover alice in chans....and what a coincidence...we also played WOULD at a battle of the bands (our first gig back in high skul) and we won 3rd place ....nanalo kumant ng leaving on a jet plane...waaah! puro pop kasi :( :twisted:
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline jeba_03

• Forum Fanatic
Most depressing band
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 09:52:04 AM »
radiohead, coldplay and a bottle of sleeping pills...
One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain. -BM

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »
Quote from: polarized06

hey we used to cover alice in chans....and what a coincidence...we also played WOULD at a battle of the bands (our first gig back in high skul) and we won 3rd place ....nanalo kumant ng leaving on a jet plane...waaah! puro pop kasi :( :twisted:

i feel your pain..  :x

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
Most depressing band
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 09:52:53 AM »
THEATRE OF TRAGEDY!!

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 09:53:12 AM »
Pink Floyd, The Wall and Dark Side Of The Moon

roger waters is demented. so is his inspiration, syd barrett.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 10:04:35 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox

i can relate but i used it to my advantage...  nung high school ako may battle of the bands kami where one band did "Big Country" by Big Country. the other did "Envelope Ideas" by the Dawn.  we were supposed to play "Money for Nothing" ng Dire Straits kaso nag-decide kami na gusto namin manalo so tinugtog namin "Summer of 69" ni Brian Adams.  ang results:

3rd place: Big Country
2nd place: The Dawn
1st place: Brian Adams

:mrgreen:

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Most depressing band
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 10:05:51 AM »
Morrissey (depressing ideas, but funny lyrical execution)
Radiohead
Bjork
Aimee Mann
Johnny Cash's covers of songs like:

- Bridge over Troubled Water
- Rusty Cage (yes, the soundgarden song)
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 10:07:13 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
i can relate but i used it to my advantage...  nung high school ako may battle of the bands kami where one band did "Big Country" by Big Country. the other did "Envelope Ideas" by the Dawn.  we were supposed to play "Money for Nothing" ng Dire Straits kaso nag-decide kami na gusto namin manalo so tinugtog namin "Summer of 69" ni Brian Adams.  ang results:

3rd place: Big Country
2nd place: The Dawn
1st place: Brian Adams

:mrgreen:

ayus! alam ko pa din yun. pwede natin gawin sa firebottle.

now that would be sad...

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 10:08:38 AM »
Quote from: jack in a vox

whats more depressing about it...the so-called judges are NU 107.5 DJ's sila zak luchero ba un w....and whats even more depressing is we were the last band and they didnt finish our set...kaya WOULD lng narinig nila...well..still it landed us 3rd place..and the next day my frend heard mr. zaks comments about us on the radio..hehe. 2 kc kami chick guitarist dun.. :p ooops nagkwento nako...sorry for the OT!!!  :oops:

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline markflo

Most depressing band
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 10:11:52 AM »
jeff buckley
alice in chains (pero ang angas nila kaya di rin nakakadepress..hehe)
pat metheny (nakaka melancholy)
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Most depressing band
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 10:12:57 AM »
Yup Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog and Blind Melon (esp. their song Mouthful of Cavities :cry: )... 8)

and of course Jane's Addiction, i think this band is credited for bringing Alternative Music & Hard Rock together, thus giving birth to the sound of the early 90's...
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline ronnie james jeremy

• Veteran Member
Most depressing band
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 10:23:58 AM »
Gloomy Sunday by Diamanda Galas
Day of the Lords by Joy Division
any Nick Cave especially the boatman's call album
are all depressing to listen to, perfect for the holiday season to dampen the mood of over-enthusiastic relatives  :twisted: