hulika

Author Topic: Home Studio Pics Thread  (Read 49057 times)

Offline paparazzi

• Netizen Level
Re: Home Studio Pics Thread
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2007, 10:42:31 PM »
Pap, galing ng setup mo! I like your white LCD. What's your signal chain?

TheHunter, that's not an LCD monitor. Well, it is, but it's actually my desktop workstation. It's the entire computer. :)

Signal chain is Guitar -> Toneport UX1 -> DAW -> output speakers. The midi controller is used for putting in notes and for controlling effects parameters in the DAW.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 10:44:32 PM by paparazzi »

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »
Pap, galing ng setup mo! I like your white LCD. What's your signal chain?

TheHunter, that's not an LCD monitor. Well, it is, but it's actually my desktop workstation. It's the entire computer. :)

Signal chain is Guitar -> Toneport UX1 -> DAW -> output speakers. The midi controller is used for putting in notes and for controlling effects parameters in the DAW.

ganda imac mo bro! sayang lang di ko afford eh! hehehe
good girls go to heaven. bad girls go to my room!  [/i]

Offline Indie_Boy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #102 on: January 31, 2007, 04:31:47 AM »
to jepoy and paparazzi: ganda ng mga setup nya ah! do u guys have recording services? kung meron, how much?

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2007, 04:49:51 AM »
to jepoy and paparazzi: ganda ng mga setup nya ah! do u guys have recording services? kung meron, how much?

pm me na lang for details :)

Offline paparazzi

• Netizen Level
« Reply #104 on: January 31, 2007, 08:31:07 AM »

That is something I dream of... hahhaha. Seriously, my gear is far from recording quality - or at least far from what I would like it to be. Maybe one day when I can get my hands on a ProTools HD system :)

Offline bindoy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #105 on: January 31, 2007, 10:08:38 AM »
Here's my setup:

Midi Controller: M-Audio Axiom 49
Audio Interface: Line6 Toneport UX1
External Storage: 300GB and 250GB external harddrives
Workstations: Powerbook 12" (PPC) and iMac 20" (C2D)
Monitors: currently monitoring through headphones but praying for a pair of KRK RP5s. I might hook up a pair of Bose 201s through a cheapo home amp as per the suggestion of KitC in the studio monitors thread

great setup sir!!!astig!!!nakakaiyak!!!grabe!!!

ang lupet!

ngatz.gbu
ROCK WITH GOD!!!

ROMANS 1:16 DI PALALAMPASIN Mtvon Youtube: CLICK here>>> Di Palalampasin

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #106 on: January 31, 2007, 10:16:28 AM »

-Rackmount cabinet: mainly holds whatever outboard is directly used by the PT rig

-Artsy fartsy pics: L to R: Control 24, PT HD3 I/Os, PC (Cubase/ Nuendo) setup used mainly for audio/ video work, the drum space my brother and I share.

-Amps: Top to Bottom: Mesa Boogie Mark IV, Mesa DC-5, Diezel VH4, Mesa Tremoverb 100W

**some of these pics are somewhat old (I took some of them shortly before I started posting on Philmusic about a year or so ago) so some things have changed a bit. In addition to the Genelecs, I also have a pair of Event ASP8s sitting on the Control24 shelf now. The PC rig has since had a monitor upgrade to 2 Dell 20+"monitors, and I added a second Mackie Universal module to my existing unit in the picture. I try and stay consistent with my gear to really learn it. Most of the work I do on the side is given to me by word of mouth so the autonomy I have to accept work is a nice thing since I don't do music fulltime. I do just as much indie movie scoring work as remixes and mixing. Most of my music work in recent years has focused on production work for indie dance labels.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 10:19:26 AM by abyssinianson »
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline paparazzi

• Netizen Level
« Reply #107 on: January 31, 2007, 10:52:49 AM »
Whoa!  :-D

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #108 on: January 31, 2007, 11:05:59 AM »
Where'd the Rhodes go?  :?
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #109 on: January 31, 2007, 11:11:37 AM »
@Kit: The rhodes is safe and sound next to a couch behind the rack:) Out of my keyboards, the rhodes is the only thing that doesn't have any sort of DAW connectivity to it so the piano mainly plays one of two roles: rehearsal/ songwriting tool (hence its location close to the couch), and recording tool. When I record the Rhodes, I usually have to break out the suitcase amp and mic it. just for you Senor Kit, i will snatch someone's camera and take some up close pics of the thing as soon as I can.  While I am at it, I will take pics of the trusty 'ol MS2000 and the Alesis Andromeda.

Have you heard? Fender is reissuing the Rhodes!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:15:49 AM by abyssinianson »

Offline starfugger

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #110 on: January 31, 2007, 11:12:57 AM »
my law'd abyss!!! i feel like T-bag lusting over fresh inmates when i saw those pics!
FOR RENT: Canon 550D, Canon 60D, Glidecam (Machinist), Toribio Slider EX with a pair of tripods for mounting, 2 1000W Lights with 9ft stands, Zoom H4, Rode Video Mic, Portable LED Lights 09154574744

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #111 on: January 31, 2007, 11:17:24 AM »
abyss,

you really gotta invest on a camera.. a 3 megapixel will do basta may image stabilizer.  :-D nice setup
Surf's Up!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #112 on: January 31, 2007, 11:28:42 AM »
just for you Senor Kit, i will snatch someone's camera and take some up close pics of the thing as soon as I can.  While I am at it, I will take pics of the trusty 'ol MS2000 and the Alesis Andromeda.

Yeah, kick me while I'm down and rub salt in my wounds LOLOLOL  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You sure know how to make a synthiot green with envy!

Have you heard? Fender is reissuing the Rhodes!

I just cracked open my Keyboard mag and read about it... wonder if the tines will still be the same. (And more importantly, what will it cost?)
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #113 on: January 31, 2007, 11:39:15 AM »
@Kit: so sorry....i thought I'd share what pics I had laying around. I didn't mean to offend :-o

I heard about the Rhodes reissue but didn't hear about the price. Imagine, the old Rhodes may be more affordable still since there are people who always seem to be selling them in different conditions. In most cases, you can get them in really good working order if you are handy with electronics and know your way in a piano. Usually, the first thing to go on the Rhodes are the hammers and the relay mechanism. I bought my parts from a local place that had spare parts from other Rhodes pianos.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 11:40:36 AM by abyssinianson »

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #114 on: January 31, 2007, 01:22:55 PM »
@Kit: so sorry....i thought I'd share what pics I had laying around. I didn't mean to offend :-o

No offense taken. Just yankin' at 'ya! There's an Andromeda near here that's tugging at my GAS strings too!  :-D (and then, there's Lexa Doig as Andromeda, but that's another story...  :lol: )

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #115 on: January 31, 2007, 01:24:31 PM »
boss kit suggestion... like sa GC sticky na yung "Post your Gears" nila cguro time for this topic to get sticky na rin.

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #116 on: January 31, 2007, 01:29:38 PM »
I'll consider it, Jepoy. Parang gusto kong bawasan mga stickie, e.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »
Lexa Doig....mmmmmmm....she's no synth but I'll give her a go:) Ha! If you do get that Andromeda, it'll be a pretty good match for you. It has a lot of the Juno type sounds as well as fat synth characteristics of the JP-8000 keys except with more buttons and knobs than you can shake a stick at! No doubt, you'll be fiddling with the keyboard for a while because it is really quite flexible. Alesis did well on the RnD with this synth.

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #118 on: January 31, 2007, 01:53:24 PM »
I'll consider it, Jepoy. Parang gusto kong bawasan mga stickie, e.

pede yung recording studio central eh mapunta na sa classifieds section. heheehe sujesmnets lamang :)

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2007, 09:28:46 AM »

This last batch of pics shows some of my notable pieces of gear. I am not a very knowledgeable synth guy so I try and stay with specific pieces of gear to help me do my projects with as less of a learning curve as possible. From the top left, clockwise: Rhodes Seventy-Three, Alesis Andromeda, Roland TR-808, Korg MS2000R, Moog Voyager, Roland TB-303 with Devilfish mod. Out of the bunch, the Rhodes is the most temperamental but it sounds great - gritty with a ton of attitude if you play hard. I've heard people use a Leslie with it and I would love one if I could get my hands on a bargain. I still haven't completely figured out the Andromeda but the knobs and buttons are all there to keep me busy for years, I suppose.

Prospective purchases: I gotta save for these - Access Virus, Nord Lead.

Not shown: Roland A-80 (fully weighted keys MIDI controller), Korg Kontrol49, M-Audio Trigger Finger, Sherman Filterbank

Offline demet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2007, 02:29:03 PM »
I'm lawaying over your gear right now...specially the rhodes...
check out my music at:<br /><br />http://www.myspace.com/medjazzproductions

Offline nichteque

« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2007, 03:02:09 PM »
ako di lang laway, may halo pang sipon. grabe.  :-o

Offline xjepoyx

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2007, 03:10:34 PM »
Milyonaryo yata tong si pareng abbys... hehehe

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #123 on: February 05, 2007, 04:44:20 PM »

ehehe +100

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #124 on: February 05, 2007, 04:50:43 PM »

milyonaryo? haha - i wish. galing lang yan sa kayod 'pre.