hulika

Author Topic: whats the diff. between strat and tele?  (Read 7101 times)

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: whats the diff. between strat and tele?
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 03:09:08 PM »
Quote from: PRSMan
Quote from: skunkyfunk
Quote from: thortured
sirs ano diff ng strat and tele(fender or squire)

Ang sagot ay nandito....

and your point is what exactly?  that you know everything?

His point was obviously this: That you can find things on google if you really want to without posting such an almost moot topic.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline iced.ink.used.ink

• Veteran Member
whats the diff. between strat and tele?
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 03:30:51 PM »
hey relax lang... :D

maybe if it was posted with a smiley,it wouldn't have  that snobbish impression.di naman cguro intention ni skunky na manliit or whatever.

and yes the difference is the sound..twangy,mellow sounding ang tele,bright and snappy ang strat.iba pickups and iba bridge design..

i think yun na nga po.pareho naman wood sa body and neck.pero minsan mapapagkamalan mo din without knowing na strat pala yun,or tele pala yun.pero the opposite pala.gulo no?

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 03:37:58 PM »
i've been guilty of doing the "i-google mo" routine before.

i think it's better netiquette to include a link of corresponding google hits when you post something like that. it's better to not post at all if you don't want to do so.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 03:39:39 PM »
sa sobrang daming differences ng tele sa strat... mas maganda, if you have the chance, play both. sobrang basic nung sinasabi na "tele twang" and "strat quack", but the thing is you can approximate the tele's twang with the right set of pickups on a strat, and vice versa. hanap ka na lang ng store which has both and play your heart out. before, i never understood why richie kotzen ditched his ibanez for a tele, but then i got to play a fender usa tele and was blown away. of course, i love my strat also, made me appreciate yngwie shredding on it a lot more.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 05:01:24 PM »
Man that google.com link was a simple joke.  Hindi mo na kailangan ng smiley para maintindihan.  Otherwise I would have just wasted my time typing.

Dati nga may nagtanong kay Francis Reyes over text jock tapos tanong nang tanong kung ano official website ng ganitong banda.  Sabi niya, "...since you intend to go their website then just enter a search site and key in <the name of the band>".

Nung wala pang internet, hirap na hirap tayo magpunta sa library para tingnan ang card catalogs para maghanap ng research materials.  Hindi ko maintindihan ngayon kung bakit tamad na ang tao mag-research.  In the first place, the original question was too vague.  So if he did a bit of research then he could have come up with more interesting questions like "How does a Strat sound compared to a Tele"?  Or better yet, "What's better, a Strat or Tele?"  Just think about how Arie, Mang Rudy and all those old school guitar enthusiasts discovered their s**t when the Internet wasn't around.

Google is your friend.

Offline iced.ink.used.ink

• Veteran Member
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 05:05:34 PM »
:D

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 05:15:26 PM »

Ang sagot ay nandito....

I know everything even how your turd looks today.   :lol:

Lahat ng tao dumaan sa pagiging newbies.  Pero huwag naman tayong spoonfed.  Una dapat kung talagang masipag ka magresearch, dapat maganda line of questioning mo.  So someone types in a question that short with some  :roll: smiley just makes me feel that this guy needs to do his homework first.  

Sa enrollment (sa UP dati na sobrang bulok ang sistema), marami kang makikitang signs "MAGBASA MUNA BAGO MAGTANONG."   So ganun din dapat attitude natin sa pagtatanong.

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 08:04:58 PM »
Quote from: titser_marco

Ang sagot ay nandito....

His point was obviously this: That you can find things on google if you really want to without posting such an almost moot topic.

uhm, yeah we all know that... but you're forgetting that this is a forum, and people come here to ask questions right?  or are you saying that there's only a certain set of questions that one is allowed to ask or else the all-knowing sorts (are you one of them?) will poop all over you?

Offline PRSMan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 08:10:37 PM »

Ang sagot ay nandito....

I know everything even how your turd looks today.   :lol:

Lahat ng tao dumaan sa pagiging newbies.  Pero huwag naman tayong spoonfed.  Una dapat kung talagang masipag ka magresearch, dapat maganda line of questioning mo.  So someone types in a question that short with some  :roll: smiley just makes me feel that this guy needs to do his homework first.  

Sa enrollment (sa UP dati na sobrang bulok ang sistema), marami kang makikitang signs "MAGBASA MUNA BAGO MAGTANONG."   So ganun din dapat attitude natin sa pagtatanong.

geez... i hope you have better things to do that to fantasize about how my poop looked like today...  :lol:

so are you the new forum cop who wants to make sure that only profound questions are asked in a forum?  what gives you the right to pass judgment on someone's question?

to all other forum members who don't care about my poop color for the day:  do you guys feel that this forum should filter out certain questions based on what is perceived to be a "base" knowledge level?

Offline thortured

• Veteran Member
hey
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 08:27:35 PM »
ei!!! skunky lil dickhead... opps joke :shock:

i think your in a high knowledge of everything...sorry to tell you that i dont need your opinon. a question is a question that needs answers or not... i f you dont , then dont push yourself to add your sarcastic statement...it may be insulting but its ok...hey were just human...we made mistakes... sorry if my question is too vague for you. question nga tayo coz i want to learn more and compared it to what ive research. hai.... go on man...go w/ ur way...and il make my way....yabang mo pre...t'ang na!!!!

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: hey
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 08:46:16 PM »
ei!!! skunky lil dickhead... opps joke :shock:

i think your in a high knowledge of everything...sorry to tell you that i dont need your opinon. a question is a question that needs answers or not... i f you dont , then dont push yourself to add your sarcastic statement...it may be insulting but its ok...hey were just human...we made mistakes... sorry if my question is too vague for you. question nga tayo coz i want to learn more and compared it to what ive research. hai.... go on man...go w/ ur way...and il make my way....yabang mo pre...t'ang na!!!!

Man now you're cussing.  Did I even cuss on anyone?  On PRSMan?  On you?  Hopefully you're joking but I don't see that smiley. :?

Yaman rin lang at nag-research ka, ano ba difference na sinasabi mong gusto malaman?  Sa tunog ba?  Sa construction?  Ano mas cool gamitin onstage?  Ano na na-research mo?  

Hindi kasi magandang gawing basis yung opinion ng tao kung hindi natin alam ang FACTS. Facts first before opinion.  I mean, before you say "A Tele is twangier, a Strat is glassier", dapat alam mo muna ano construction ng dalawa para malaman kung bakit may perceived difference sa tunog.  Tapos, ikaw na bahala mag-isip bakit may adjectives na "glassy", "twangy", etc. na sinasabi sila.

So here you say my opinion ain't important yet you prefer to cuss on me.

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 09:24:58 PM »
Tama na yan baka magkaron pa ng ikalawang oasgomez incident dito.

Offline markflo

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2006, 01:07:16 AM »
hahaha...that was such a good read...keep on posting!

ako mas gusto ko tunog ng strat...pero itsura ng tele...

hmmmm fender nashville anyone??? hehehe
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 03:30:09 AM »
Quote from: markflo
hahaha...that was such a good read...keep on posting!

ako mas gusto ko tunog ng strat...pero itsura ng tele...

hmmmm fender nashville anyone??? hehehe
cool talaga moderator natin...APIR nga Mark. :wink:
you want to live life and be healthy?<br />www.wellness-spring.info

Offline leech

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 03:41:12 AM »
the last time i logged on was the oas thing.... after ilang days lang iba na... hehe!!! cool lang kayo bros! :D
...the strong take from the weak...but the wise take from the strong...

Offline vinCe-uv7bk

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 04:09:49 AM »
what do you guys think of a fat strat? (noobie to strats and teles :lol: )   :D

Offline Kulas

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 05:34:36 AM »
Quote from: vinCe-uv7bk

for me ah, it's one helluva versatile guitar. i used to own one, hindi nga lang fender. S-S-H ang pickup config nya. so you get the best of both worlds, the typical strat neck pickup sound, the in-between positions, plus a bridge humbucker for power leads.

ang hindi ko lang mashadong gets eh yung double fat strat. it's basically a les paul na with a strat body. so parang feeling ko nawawala yung pagka-strat nya pag 2 humbuckers ang configuration. but that's just me, hehe.

meron kayang strat na naka-p90's? hehe

Chito

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 05:47:36 AM »
meron kayang strat na naka-p90's? hehe

Here's Pete Townsend on stage, 27 July, 2002, Camden, N.J., with a P-90 type-loaded Stratocaster.

This is the P-90 equipped Fender Strat-O-Sonic:

Offline Kulas

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 05:49:58 AM »
aba! meron nga! nothing's impossible! hehehe

si pete townsend ba yung guitarist ng "the who"?

i saw his strats sa concert video nila eh, live in chicago ata yun. his strats have an extra volume pot/knob right behind the bridge. i think it's for the acoustic bridge sa strat nya. or maybe some sort of blend control.

Chito

« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 05:57:55 AM »
Yeah, he's famous for swinging his right arm against the guitar strings windmill-style and smashing his guitars into amplifiers. 2 guys, you don't want to lend your guitar to, Pete Townsend, who has a habit of smashing them and Jimi Hendrix, who burns them. hehehe

Offline Kulas

« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2006, 06:04:50 AM »
Quote from: Chito
Yeah, he's famous for swinging his right arm against the guitar strings windmill-style and smashing his guitars into amplifiers. 2 guys, you don't want to lend your guitar to, Pete Townsend, who has a habit of smashing them and Jimi Hendrix, who burns them. hehehe

you forgot to mention SRV, rides his guitar like a surfboard, hehe. grabe how he aboused his guitar in his el mocambo concert. pero bilib ka rin sa fender guitars ah, after "riding" his guitar in the last song, abusing the neck, breaking almost all the strings, that strat of his (number 1) only missed one song (lenny) then came back after, newly restrung to play his last encore number, hehe.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006, 06:14:53 AM »
i was also thingk about that....will I get that strat sound at the bridge pickup kahit HB ang pickup ?

Offline Kulas

« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006, 06:17:18 AM »
Quote from: Phil
i was also thingk about that....will I get that strat sound at the bridge pickup kahit HB ang pickup ?

iba na eh, it sounds fatter. parang nawalan ng twang, hehe. pero may konting quack panaman, hehe. distinct parin kahit papano tunog nya from a lespaul on bridge position.

Offline Phil

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2006, 06:42:15 AM »
Quote from: Kulas

iba na eh, it sounds fatter. parang nawalan ng twang, hehe. pero may konting quack panaman, hehe. distinct parin kahit papano tunog nya from a lespaul on bridge position.
anong klaseng pickup para sa strat ang okay sa dirty tone?

Offline Kulas

« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2006, 06:52:11 AM »
Quote from: Kulas

anong klaseng pickup para sa strat ang okay sa dirty tone?

depends bro eh, on the amount of gain/drive you're gonna use. yung texas specials or any blues special pickups na available medyo hot ang output nya. so ok sha pag driven.