hulika

Author Topic: questions naman bout paypal srvce  (Read 2730 times)

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
questions naman bout paypal srvce
« on: June 15, 2006, 01:20:46 PM »
guys, pa review naman kung ano advantage and dangers for this system.. actually, im not that familiar with some of the terms kc di pa ko nagkaron.  im gonna use my uncle's card pero baka ma fraud ulit so need some advices.. thnx a lot! 8)
ahhh.. cege pa koya! agoy!

Offline zasam_4

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »
Francis aralin mo na to para mapadala mo na PUs dito kapag may luluwas kang kamaganak! hehe  :lol:

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 01:52:22 PM »
hehehe.. sa 1st week of sept pa. gs2 mo? sbi ko syo bilhin ko na eh! bigay mo nalang sa asawa ko pag nagkapera ka.

Offline P Nut

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 04:08:39 PM »
i don't think you'd get a lot of help here since most of the guys here live in the philippines. Paypal service is not available in the philippines thanks to our crappy money laundering law. One alternative that works well with paypal is xoom. Personally, i use epassporte to get and transfer funds. as far as epassporte/xoom/paypal goes, they're all pretty safe to use. depende na lang sa site na pag gagamitan mo so be very cautious. buy only from sites that use SSL.. check mo yung sa address bar mo sa taas.. kung https:// yung nakalagay instead na http:// (try buying from amazon), it means secure yung site at walang 3rd party na makaka intercept ng information na ibibigay mo.

hope this helps. :)

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 04:14:45 PM »
Quote from: P Nut
i don't think you'd get a lot of help here since most of the guys here live in the philippines. Paypal service is not available in the philippines thanks to our crappy money laundering law. One alternative that works well with paypal is xoom. Personally, i use epassporte to get and transfer funds. as far as epassporte/xoom/paypal goes, they're all pretty safe to use. depende na lang sa site na pag gagamitan mo so be very cautious. buy only from sites that use SSL.. check mo yung sa address bar mo sa taas.. kung https:// yung nakalagay instead na http:// (try buying from amazon), it means secure yung site at walang 3rd party na makaka intercept ng information na ibibigay mo.

wow! thnx a lot.. i really apreciate it man! 8)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 04:24:02 PM »

oo nga, hassle.. Western Union lang ang method of payment na possible for us here in the Philippines unless the online store has a direct credit card payment scheme.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline P Nut

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 04:57:58 PM »
Quote from: shadowm00n

np ;)

let us know your decision on choosing your online money. :)

Quote from: Poundcake
oo nga, hassle.. Western Union lang ang method of payment na possible for us here in the Philippines unless the online store has a direct credit card payment scheme.

pwede yung XOOM tska epassporte ser... i used epassporte to buy 2 books from amazon and a lot of shirts. :)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 05:27:12 PM »

np ;)

let us know your decision on choosing your online money. :)

pwede yung XOOM tska epassporte ser... i used epassporte to buy 2 books from amazon and a lot of shirts. :)

uy sir, credit card ang bayad mo dun? magkano yung processing fee nila? thanks!
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 05:35:25 PM »
baka pwede ako magpasabay ng item? hehehehe. small item lang.
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline P Nut

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 05:39:37 PM »
uy sir, credit card ang bayad mo dun? magkano yung processing fee nila? thanks!

i stand corrected sa amazon... credit card gamit ko dun. :)

www.epassporte.com if you want i can give you a virtual account... $40 yung card nila which is good for 2 years. pwede ka magdagdag ng funds mo dun gamit yung credit card mo. it works just like paypal. para syang debit card. pwede ka din mag withdraw kahit saang atm na may Visa electron na logo. ")

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 12:35:18 AM »
I have been in the U.S. for 2 years now and have used Paypal ever since. They are reliable and part of the eBay group of companies.

It is safe and trustworthy. When you remit money, it's through email addresses. The recepient also must have a paypal account. You can set up a PayPal account with a credit card or a bank account. Unfortunately, both have to be U.S. based. The nice thing about Paypal is that the shipping address will be included in the remittance. So, the seller knows where to ship the item.

Next time anyone is in the U.S., set up a checking or savings acct. Use that to log on with Paypal. Of course, if you have a trustworthy friend or relative who is willing to accept packages for you, then "borrow" that person's Paypal account.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 12:42:28 AM »
Quote from: panterica
baka pwede ako magpasabay ng item? hehehehe. small item lang.

thnx a lot guys for the help. panterica, ill try to figureout this first. d ko pa kabisado eh. mother ko kc nakakaalam n2 eh nasa mainland sya chaka bc. badtrip. sana tapos na to. 8)

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 01:54:48 AM »
Quote from: Letour
I have been in the U.S. for 2 years now and have used Paypal ever since. They are reliable and part of the eBay group of companies.

It is safe and trustworthy. When you remit money, it's through email addresses. The recepient also must have a paypal account. You can set up a PayPal account with a credit card or a bank account. Unfortunately, both have to be U.S. based. The nice thing about Paypal is that the shipping address will be included in the remittance. So, the seller knows where to ship the item.

Next time anyone is in the U.S., set up a checking or savings acct. Use that to log on with Paypal. Of course, if you have a trustworthy friend or relative who is willing to accept packages for you, then "borrow" that person's Paypal account.

pwede kaya money order nalang ako thru post office then mail ko nlang or bigay ko nlang control # or something. wala pa akong bank account. para di na ako manghiram ng card. chaka dami din kc trabaho yung hihiraman ko.

pano ba pag magbabayad dun? can you show me the steps. thnx! i really apreciate your words sir!

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
Re: questions naman bout paypal srvce
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 05:51:12 AM »
guys, pa review naman kung ano advantage and dangers for this system.. actually, im not that familiar with some of the terms kc di pa ko nagkaron.  im gonna use my uncle's card pero baka ma fraud ulit so need some advices.. thnx a lot! 8)

once you setup a paypal account (either with a credit card or checking account) and you make a payment online, your credit card info is not revealed dun sa seller...paypal lang nakaka-alam ng credit card info mo.  Dito maiiwasan ung identity theft at nde kakalat ung credit card info.
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 01:48:01 PM »
Quote from: SDMF

once you setup a paypal account (either with a credit card or checking account) and you make a payment online, your credit card info is not revealed dun sa seller...paypal lang nakaka-alam ng credit card info mo.  Dito maiiwasan ung identity theft at nde kakalat ung credit card info.

well said sir.. thnk you very much.. 1 more thing, kung ma fraud kaya yung card may habol kaya kami sa paypal? would they be responsible for whatever may happen?

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:16 PM »
actually, safe ang paypal, pag nafraud ka, i-reverse mo lang, ibabalik agad sa yo yung pera.

ingat lang sa phishers. hehehe...
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline shadowm00n

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 02:27:21 AM »
Quote from: panterica
actually, safe ang paypal, pag nafraud ka, i-reverse mo lang, ibabalik agad sa yo yung pera.

ingat lang sa phishers. hehehe...

alam ko nga may ireremit syo na money but the max is $175. what's the phishers?

Offline SDMF

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2006, 06:31:47 AM »
Quote from: SDMF

well said sir.. thnk you very much.. 1 more thing, kung ma fraud kaya yung card may habol kaya kami sa paypal? would they be responsible for whatever may happen?

what do you mean by fraud? ang alam ko tutulungan ka nila ma trace ung pinuntahan ng purchase mo. In order to setup an account you will need a credit card and a confirmed address of that account. Ung confirmed address is the billing address na nasa record nung bangko mo.

So ayun may record sila ng mga bank accounts ng users at confirmed address nila...Ang mga tao dito bago makapag setup ng bank account kailangan may SS Number...so ayun, galing nuh? :wink:  May habol talaga...

Kaya sa ebay mapapansin mo ung ibang sellers na tumatanggap ng Paypal payment, sasabihin nila "will only ship to confirmed address."

May habol kasi sila doon in case na bogus buyer un ka nego nila....ma ttrace..
Guitars:Guild S-100, G&L Climax
Amp:Mesa Boogie RA-100, Rivera KTre Reverb 120W head, , Rivera K412t cab, Marshall JCM1C 50th Anniversary