hulika

Author Topic: The Official DiMarzio Guitar Pickups Users Thread  (Read 113475 times)

Online LaXter

Re: The Official DiMarzio Guitar Pickups Users Thread
« Reply #1750 on: January 27, 2017, 07:01:18 AM »
Ano tingin niyo sa breed at liquifire na combo? Been meaning to change the stock pups on my basswood rg

Sent from my SM-G850Y using Tapatalk

GAS-Masked

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1751 on: September 13, 2017, 12:59:46 AM »
Guys, need your opinion on Liquifire/ Super Distortion combo. Guitar is a Pine Strat, roasted Maple neck, Granadillo fretboard. Sound in mind - heavy, brawny, almost djent.

Thanks!

Online knet370

« Reply #1752 on: September 13, 2017, 12:37:17 PM »
Guys, need your opinion on Liquifire/ Super Distortion combo. Guitar is a Pine Strat, roasted Maple neck, Granadillo fretboard. Sound in mind - heavy, brawny, almost djent.

Thanks!

liquifire is good. super distortion, tried it on ash which i think has similar wood density/tone characteristic to pine. correct me if im wrong though. it can do metal really well but djent which requires more of mids in mind, you are better off with the ff:
dominion
titan
illuminator
imperium
d activator
paf/7

its characteristics is almost similar to tone zone. abit more bassy. on the above i mentioned and tried, my fave was the dominion6, imperium7. second is the titan6/7. provided you dial in the right amp settings. but taste is subjective though. you might be able to dial in a good sound that i cant or dont like.
sound reference: axefx2 based on fas modern model
ibanez rg752ahm (ash body, maple neck)

sample clip i recorder sometime ago
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1KUNV6cI-UwUjc0VlBtS1ZrS2M

hth
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 01:27:46 PM by knet370 »

Offline cacophony

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1753 on: September 15, 2017, 06:40:49 PM »
liquifire is good. super distortion, tried it on ash which i think has similar wood density/tone characteristic to pine. correct me if im wrong though. it can do metal really well but djent which requires more of mids in mind, you are better off with the ff:
dominion
titan
illuminator
imperium
d activator
paf/7

its characteristics is almost similar to tone zone. abit more bassy. on the above i mentioned and tried, my fave was the dominion6, imperium7. second is the titan6/7. provided you dial in the right amp settings. but taste is subjective though. you might be able to dial in a good sound that i cant or dont like.
sound reference: axefx2 based on fas modern model
ibanez rg752ahm (ash body, maple neck)

sample clip i recorder sometime ago
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1KUNV6cI-UwUjc0VlBtS1ZrS2M

hth

Thanks man. Guess I just have to deal with this combo in the meantime.