hulika

Author Topic: Post your pedalboard chain routing here!  (Read 213720 times)

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Post your pedalboard chain routing here!
« Reply #150 on: April 05, 2007, 10:24:05 AM »
I guess we all mix-match pedals quite often, from what I've seen above...

I'm still fiddling with the combinations and trying to hear what sounds best. For now...

guitar > Fulltone Soul-Bender 
          > Proctavia 
          > Micro Vibe 
          > TS-808
          > RAT-2
          > (optional MXR Phase90) 
          > Boston Delay >
tube or ss amp

- am trying to fit in my Ibanez WH-10 Wah somewhere, but haven't heard the right spot...
- also trying to determine which pedals are redundant and can be taken out of the chain

Any suggestions?

Some stuff pair well together, like the Soul-Bender + RAT, or Proctavia + RAT, or Vibe + TS. But put them all together and the chain sounds less than nice.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 04:56:46 PM by vegetablejoe »

Offline ubersam

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: April 05, 2007, 12:14:19 PM »
@abyssinianson - I hear ya. The GCX is will do fine if one does not need the flexibility of changing the order of pedals. I was just offering an option if one does desire such flexibility.

BTW, I modded my GCX to eliminate the need for patch cables between loops. I just hardwired the output of one loop to the input of the next. It is an easy mod but it voids the warranty.

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: April 05, 2007, 12:25:26 PM »
@abyssinianson - I hear ya. The GCX is will do fine if one does not need the flexibility of changing the order of pedals. I was just offering an option if one does desire such flexibility.

BTW, I modded my GCX to eliminate the need for patch cables between loops. I just hardwired the output of one loop to the input of the next. It is an easy mod but it voids the warranty.

@ubersam: flexibility is definitely cool to have in a unit if you need it in your music rig. its great to see that there are a lot of alternatives out there in case my GCX conks out:) i don't do very much mixing of pedals during a gig so everything stays in the rack until a new song is written or we try different sounds during rehearsal. also, i can see  how the switchblade would be awesome for Muse type rigs that rely on tons of effects...

have you tried asking Voodoo if they do mods in the custom shop? Custom Audio does stuff like this so I wouldn't be surprised if they could've done the work for you so you could still have the warranty intact.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline metalmarkk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #153 on: April 09, 2007, 05:10:41 PM »
eto yung pinaka stable setup ko ngayon:

with korg tuner after ng phaser
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:11:49 PM by metalmarkk »
ESP Viper 301*Boss NS-2*Digitech XMM*Boss GE-7*Boss CH-1*Boss BF-2*Boss PH-2*Korg DT-3*Boss TR-2*Boss DD-3*Kalikot 10-input PSU*Customized Pedalboard*Digitech RP20*GHS Zakk Wylde (.010-.060)

Offline lil.drummerboy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: April 09, 2007, 05:21:13 PM »
wow ang lupet. :-D :-o

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2007, 05:22:35 PM »
eto ung my soon to be set up once na matapos ko na.

Gtr - > BOSS TU 2 ->>Clean signal ->> Chorus------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>|Behringer|->>> AMP
                            ->>Dirty Signal ->> Bad Monkey -> SD 2 -> FS5L>>>>|AB 200   |

i dont know if it will work the way i thought it would but lets see.

reason why its like this is becuase im trying to minimize the number of times ill be stepping on the pedals. i dont like tap dancing eh. so with the AB switch i think i can make it work. SANA!!! If you have other sugestions please let me know.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:24:07 PM by vaisteen2003 »
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline wh1t33rick

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2007, 10:58:09 PM »
 :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
@Sir Poundcake

Question din me sir poundcake eto ung mga nasa akin ngaun...how can I set it for songs like United, Jars of Clay, U2, Delirious?

Bad Monkey, Korg Ax1000G, DD3, TS7, DOD Wah/Vol...

...to follow EQ and Rocktron Sonic Glory OD... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"I Don't care what they say about me but it's alright..they'll get it one day.."

Make God Famous

Offline kurtcobainer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: April 10, 2007, 01:52:25 AM »
Sakin naman is:

Guitar >>> Morley volume/wah >>> Dunlop GCB95FW >>> DS-2 >>> OD-3 >>> OD-2 >>> Boston EQ >>> PH-2 >>> BF-2 >>> Boston Delay >>> Amp :-D :-D :-D

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2007, 12:16:53 PM »
Mine:

\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2007, 12:52:57 PM »
superroxy: gandang delay yan!.. pretty pretty..  :-D hehe, where'd you score that?..

metalmarkk: how do you make those diagrams?..

bart: how do you find the ltd?.. like compared to the ltd silver, ltd sr, or fulldrive 2?.. dont really know if the ltd silver or sr has that noticeable flatter eq, not much of a difference kaya?..

Offline superoxy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2007, 01:10:44 PM »
superroxy: gandang delay yan!.. pretty pretty..  :-D hehe, where'd you score that?..

Teleclem: tagal ko na yang delay, 1998 ko pa yata na-score ito  :lol:
\\\\\\\"I am afraid of people who are boring, but require too much attention to ignore. \\\\\\\" - Jamie Hyneman

Offline nivleklive

« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2007, 08:40:57 PM »
I actually have my CS3 after the wah pedal to make sure that the signal doesn't clip at any frequency range.
- live a life of little regret -

Offline ubingan

« Reply #162 on: April 30, 2007, 08:25:57 AM »
ayos lang ba tong chain na to?

mahina kase ako dito. haha.

gtr -> wah -> gdi21 -> sd2 -> ac2 -> dd100 -> chorus -> amp

tama lang ba na gamitin ko un sd2 pang boost sa gdi pag solo?

inalis ko sa chain ung noise supresor at ung cs3.
nakaloop ung chain ko noon sa ns2 tpos hiwalay lang ung delay.
pero feeling ko namamatay ung tunog.

help help. :)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #163 on: April 30, 2007, 08:30:13 AM »

unahin mo lang yung chorus bago delay. huli lagi dapat ang delay. medyo problema na ng NS-2 yan e, medyo maingay pa naman yung GDI21 at high gain :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline ubingan

« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2007, 08:57:13 AM »

unahin mo lang yung chorus bago delay. huli lagi dapat ang delay. medyo problema na ng NS-2 yan e, medyo maingay pa naman yung GDI21 at high gain :)

thanks. :) ok lang ba pang boost ung sd2 sa gdi?

Offline vaisteen2003

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: April 30, 2007, 11:48:09 AM »

ok lnag yan sir. I use my SD 2 to boost my bad monkey and the flavor is just right.
GAS Free 2007
"As long as it matters, as long as you're here with me now"

Offline ubingan

« Reply #166 on: April 30, 2007, 12:16:56 PM »

ok lnag yan sir. I use my SD 2 to boost my bad monkey and the flavor is just right.

salamatss   :-D

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2007, 08:59:04 PM »
Updated setup ko po:

Guitar >> Boss AC-2 (with line going to amp or DI) >> Visual Sound Jekyll and Hyde >> Sansamp Tri A.C. >>  Korg Dynamic Echo >> Daphon E20DL >> amp

Still hunting for some stuff:
1) 2 more delays - either line6 na echo park or digitech digidelay and a boss DD-20 (deluxe memory man sana kaso hirap ipasok sa budget e)
2) 2 chorus pedals - small clone at isa pang modern-sounding chorus
3) 2 EQ's - boston EQ-100

Btw po, delay freak ako and I like options :-D
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 05:33:15 PM by voidmain »
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline mawts_gwaps

« Reply #168 on: July 01, 2007, 03:55:52 AM »
ang setup ko is:

guitar > Snarling Dogs Whine-o-Wah >  Boss BD-2 > Behringer CS100 > Boss PS-2 > amp

may gumagawa ba nito?

mejo unorthodox ung dirt den comp, pero dito ko nakukuha ung tone na gus2 ko eh.. ang effect nya parang the comp lessens the harshness at pag-kalat ng drive ng bd2, so the effect is parang clean, transparent tone w/ mild od and semi long sustain.. mejo clapton-ish.. im using a strat tpos, sa bd-2, 10 o clock ung gain ko, tapos sa cs, 11 o clock sustain den 1 o clock attack

ang nabasa ko lang na ganito setup is yung kay robert keeley (Boss BD-2 Keeley Mod > Keeley Compressor)

any comments? mejo matagal ko na itong setup and nag-titimpla lang ako talaga by ear.. i'd like to hear oder ppls comments sana!

tnx!
"OUIDO", hindi "WIDOW"

Offline bitusan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #169 on: July 02, 2007, 01:05:48 PM »
guitar > tuner (pagmeron na) > eq > od > mt2 > tr2 > delay > bf2 > amp > directbox > mixer

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:54:15 PM by bitusan »

Offline tejadster

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #170 on: July 02, 2007, 08:30:12 PM »
astig... :-D

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #171 on: July 03, 2007, 09:28:33 AM »
Help! Total noob ako pagdating sa pedal chains. Trial and error lang ako at eto kinalabasan:

Guitar >> Behringer Compressor >> MXR Overdrive >> Behringer Flanger >> Line6 Echopark >> Line6 SpaceChorus >> Line 6 Crunchtone >> Boss Acoustic Modeller >> Amp

actually aware ako na di ko nagagamit ng 100% lahat ng effects pero ayos na din sa akin  :-)
kung may tips kayo para mas ma-unleash ko yung potential, i would gladly appreciate it.

nasa baba yung mga frequently used effects. Acoustic simulator mga 3 songs lang namin yan. Space Chorus tsaka compressor ko almost always naka-on. Pinakamadalas ko gamitin yung Wylde overdrive  :wink:

PS: bigat dalhin dahil sa 2 line6...
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html

Offline voidmain

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: July 04, 2007, 01:11:10 AM »
Hindi po ako expert or anything, kaso how about trying this sir:

Guitar >> Boss Acoustic Modeler (with 1 line to amp kung pwede) >> Behringer Compressor >>  MXR Overdrive >> Line 6 Crunchtone  >> Behringer Flanger >> Line6 SpaceChorus >> Line6 Echopark >> Amp

Reasons po:

Acoustic modeler before everything else - Meron po akong Boss AC-2 on my current pedalboard, kaso ayoko siyang padanin sa line ng effects pedals for 2 reasons: 1) I like my acoustic tone as unaltered as possible without tap dancing 2) May line selector ka pa :-D (kaso malamang di mo magustuhan gawin to since type mong naka-on yung chorus at compressor before the it)

Everything else - Orthodox setup lang to sir. Kayo po talaga bahala kung ano gusto nyong gawin. Gusto ko lang pagtabihin yung drive pedals para mabilis pag-lipat/pag-on ng drives e. Btw po, yung MXR na Zakk Wylde OD was created to drive a dirty amp (or so I read somewhere). Paglaruan nyo po yung Cruchtone at MXR para sa type nyong cascaded OD tone.

Pahingi na lang po ng review kung mas ok sa iyo yung ganitong setup.
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 2:20

Offline foolintherain

« Reply #173 on: July 04, 2007, 02:54:23 AM »
guitar--compressor--eq--phaser--wah--distortion--overdrive--fuzz/wah/volume--delay--dimension effect--(hopefully soon :-D)reverb(ehx holy grail)--amp

maybe a tremolo(demeter trm1) and/or vibrato(boss vb2) pedal between the overdrive and volume  :-D

or

flanger(mxr m117) between the volume and delay :-D

wala lang...  :lol: para kumpleto na enhancer sa pinaka dulo

Offline calvs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #174 on: July 04, 2007, 10:27:33 AM »
Hindi po ako expert or anything, kaso how about trying this sir:

Guitar >> Boss Acoustic Modeler (with 1 line to amp kung pwede) >> Behringer Compressor >>  MXR Overdrive >> Line 6 Crunchtone  >> Behringer Flanger >> Line6 SpaceChorus >> Line6 Echopark >> Amp

Reasons po:

Acoustic modeler before everything else - Meron po akong Boss AC-2 on my current pedalboard, kaso ayoko siyang padanin sa line ng effects pedals for 2 reasons: 1) I like my acoustic tone as unaltered as possible without tap dancing 2) May line selector ka pa :-D (kaso malamang di mo magustuhan gawin to since type mong naka-on yung chorus at compressor before the it)

Everything else - Orthodox setup lang to sir. Kayo po talaga bahala kung ano gusto nyong gawin. Gusto ko lang pagtabihin yung drive pedals para mabilis pag-lipat/pag-on ng drives e. Btw po, yung MXR na Zakk Wylde OD was created to drive a dirty amp (or so I read somewhere). Paglaruan nyo po yung Cruchtone at MXR para sa type nyong cascaded OD tone.

Pahingi na lang po ng review kung mas ok sa iyo yung ganitong setup.

Interesting  :-o
Salamat po! I will try this tonight pag uwi from work. Bigyan kita ng review tomorrow  :-D
Kailangan ko din i-reposition yung pedals kasi ang sikip nung gator pedalboard, nilagay ko sa ilalim yung mga most used effects ko.

btw; huwag mo ko i-sir  :oops: 25 lang po...
esoteric; alternative rock-gazer: http://cerealbus.multiply.com/
FS:http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,216015.0.html