hulika

Author Topic: Chapter II is done!  (Read 25890 times)

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2006, 12:52:13 AM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
ako i've met alex in person and i got to talk with him din. and i can say na talagang ibang-iba shang tao in person, makikita mo talaga na passion nya eh yung gear and tone more than playing. kaya sa mga jam eh talagang papakinggan nya lang kayo. ewan ko lang talaga kung bakit iba na pag sa forums, hehe.

there it is again. that's WEEEEIIIIRRRD.

That is not weird.  Remember the "kontrabida" thing I said?  Now next time you fall into oasgomez' flame baits, think again.  INAASAR NIYA TAYO PARA MAPANSIN NATIN NA MAY KAKULANGAN TAYO SA KNOWLEDGE SA GEAR.

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2006, 01:32:01 AM »
Is that really necessary ? Is there no better way than pissing people off ?
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline eonneonone

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2006, 01:38:43 AM »
O.T. (patalastas muna, masyado nang mainit ang bakbakan eh). sali po ako sa basketball sir deltaslim. hehehe

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2006, 02:11:10 AM »
Quote from: skunkyfunk
ako i've met alex in person and i got to talk with him din. and i can say na talagang ibang-iba shang tao in person, makikita mo talaga na passion nya eh yung gear and tone more than playing. kaya sa mga jam eh talagang papakinggan nya lang kayo. ewan ko lang talaga kung bakit iba na pag sa forums, hehe.

there it is again. that's WEEEEIIIIRRRD.

That is not weird.  Remember the "kontrabida" thing I said?  Now next time you fall into oasgomez' flame baits, think again.  INAASAR NIYA TAYO PARA MAPANSIN NATIN NA MAY KAKULANGAN TAYO SA KNOWLEDGE SA GEAR.

KELAN NIYA KAYA MAPAPANSIN NA MAY KAKULANGAN DIN SIYA SA PAGPAPAKUMBABA, PAGRESPETO AT PAKIKIPAG-KAPWA TAO? :roll:

Offline radimere

• Veteran Member
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2006, 02:23:02 AM »
Quote from: BAMF
Is that really necessary ? Is there no better way than pissing people off ?

A picture is worth a thousand words...an insult is worth a thousand posts. Instant reactions, multi-page threads, notoriety, and a skilled writer burning the midnight oil to write his chronicles are just some of the benefits.

Offline alkohol

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2006, 03:01:01 AM »
why cant alex understand that a bad player will sound bad on a good or even best equipment? that tone is actually personal and changes from song to song and music genre to another?

if you can get a good tone out of a $4k amp.. cool! its worth it. but if you  use that same sound over and over, song after song, lick after lick, night after night.. you will simply sound boring. then maybe you need another amp that sounds different..  in my opinion there is no best tone, there are only tones that fits certain songs best. so maybe alex got the "best" tone from his high end amps and gears but I certainly think that that tone will not fit all music. thus not the best tone for others with different idea of tone. we respect what alex wants and happy that he found his tone.. but he has to learn to RESPECT the fact that we are happy with our tone.  theres just no need to step on us or mang asar lang para mapansin.

here's a quote from eric johnson Guitar world magazine sept 2005 p.42
"people overemphasized the importance of gear in their search for tone. Your sound comes from how you pick and dampen the strings, and from your attack, as much as anything"

I guess most guitarists here will believe Mr Johnson than a collector who cant play.
"the more I learn, the more I see how dumb I am

Offline alkohol

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2006, 03:11:45 AM »
GO AL GO!  there so much supply now for the next chapters... gonna be more hilarious! hahahaha

KASI ISA LANG NAMAN ANG ROOT WORD DITO EH.. RESPECT OTHERS AND ADMIT YOUR MISTAKES...

para peace na lahat.

but if the man insists and clings on his hard headedness and "higher standard daw"... well then this is a public forum and we have the right to express how we feel.
"the more I learn, the more I see how dumb I am

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2006, 11:08:55 PM »
Quote from: Kulas

i suggest that we all get to meet alex, (sige kahit si qbert pwede rin, hehe) mag-set tayo ng venue na pwede natin ma-test yung amps nya and other gear, may jamming pa, may food pa, san ka pa? hehe. parang ganyan yung ginawa namin dati nung tinest namin yung diezel kila arie eh, we got to meet alex, talk to him about gear and stuff, we got to jam with our stuff on his stuff, we also got to use his guitars, etc. etc. but the best part is, we got to to try ate nen's famous empanadas and cream puffs, hehe. wala enjoy enjoy lang, kwentuhan, share tips, a/b gear, chibog chibog chibog! hehe

ngayon ewan ko lang kung mag-away away pa tayo sa ganong setting, hehe. ano guys? let's give it a shot?

let's give it a shot! i'll help arrange a 7-string blues and jazz summit among user's to demo the gear \:D/

no guys kissin' within the proximity? am i understood?  :lol:

peace. love. and good happiness stuff :) no hard feelings when there's good music and food :)
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2006, 11:14:44 PM »
Quote from: psychic_sushi

oh you're not into that eh? sige i'll stick to wiping your sweat off. :lol:

Offline Kulas

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2006, 11:17:09 PM »
i second the motion! i proposed it in the first place, hehehe.

anyway, mr. sushi, are you willing to host the jam/tone party? hehe. when do you guys usually jam? fastfret texted me one time, it hink it was sunday, may jam daw kayo? text me naman when you guys are jamming, hehe. i can give you the cd's narin.

Offline psychic_sushi

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #235 on: July 07, 2006, 11:18:20 PM »
Quote from: nathanmanansala
Quote from: psychic_sushi

oh you're not into that eh? sige i'll stick to wiping your sweat off. :lol:

hahahahah! bro, that didn't come out sounding too wholesome! heheheh...  :lol:  as long as it's not qbert wiping the sweat off my brows while i'm playing, i can sleep soundly...  :p  :badgrin:
"The world needs more great guitarists, not more lumber critics."

Ron Kirn

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #236 on: July 07, 2006, 11:28:05 PM »

hmmmm... ngayon ko lang naisip yun a. maybe all dem kids were just pretending to fall into his flame baits. like Al. para may ma-chronicle na bago. and yung others just to drive home the point that he cant play. mean isnt it?

yeah it is but, you have to admit, its fun to read. :lol:

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #237 on: July 08, 2006, 03:53:03 AM »
TONE PARTY NA!!!!

so whos the host?? set na ng date. gusto ko makita mag jam si alex at al, tapos ang panalo may kiss?? kiss from.. ahemmm..

ikikiss kwo.. framis.. fare na diva??

hehhe :lol:
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline markflo

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #238 on: July 09, 2006, 01:43:35 AM »
Quote from: Kulas

that's like a "telephone tough guy" in a sense...tapang sa telepono, or in this case, sa internet...sabay mabait sa personal....

zzzzzzzzz......booooring.....zzzzz  :roll:
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline hoihose

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #239 on: July 10, 2006, 01:10:36 PM »
pssst ako din penge!

hoihose@yahoo.com

tnx bro :D  :D  :D  :D
\"startin over again more or less in your pursuit of happiness\"-NUNO BETTENCOURT

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
tp
« Reply #240 on: July 10, 2006, 03:35:39 PM »
o TONE party na..para mgkakitaan nman mga forumites...db??
para nman masaya..tpos toma at tsibog tau! sarap nun db???

:D  :D  KELAN ANG TONE PARTY???  :biggrin:  :badgrin:

Offline benicio

Chapter II is done!
« Reply #241 on: July 10, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »
why hadn't you register in lulu.com.

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #242 on: July 11, 2006, 05:49:41 AM »
Al,

Looks like you have a new "friend". Just hope you remember me when chapter III is finished.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #243 on: July 11, 2006, 07:47:11 AM »

People close to Alex told me this too when I first got introduced to Oas' 'ways'.  Yan daw talaga ang modus operandi nya.

Pero, tama rin si lykenhowl.  This is a community -- part of the fun is in getting along and making new friends.  There's no fun in sharing knowledge at the expense of goodwill.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #244 on: July 11, 2006, 08:41:43 AM »
wait... does anybody REALLY think i actually fall for those lame flamebaits for real? hahahaha!
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #245 on: July 11, 2006, 08:47:41 AM »
wait... does anybody REALLY think i actually fall for those lame flamebaits for real? hahahaha!

Ewan ko ikaw, pero ako oo!  Haha... To your credit, you and others have given me good advise on the more prudent way to react to such trolling and flamebaits.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #246 on: July 11, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »
well... you had every right to react that way the first time in livebands. talaga namang pawang kasinungalingan na yung mga banat niya sa iyo dati.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #247 on: July 11, 2006, 09:26:18 AM »
Quote from: oasgomez
Al,

You can go on post your Chapter 3 and as many chapters as you want.  I dont care if you dont stop.

Do you want me to actually ask people to post their complaints about your friend Jun?  

I will not apologize to Jun because I tried going to him and that is my experience.  Ikaw, wala kang balls para pumunta kay arie at subukan siya. Now, YOU TELL ME WHO ELSE IN THIS FKN WORLD USES A RULER TO INTONATE.

just cathcing up on this thread again..

i go to a luthier/guitar tech Ron Mercer. If you google search, he was once the guitar tech for Led Zep when they were on their tours..

he uses a ruler.. what's your point?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #248 on: July 11, 2006, 09:33:42 AM »
Oh yes, I was reading up on that too...there are commercially available rulers scaled for "Fender" "Gibson" etc etc.

Going back to my acoustics theory, you can also "do the math" so to speak and create a ruler for yourself which will tell you where to put fretwires,nut, bridge etc. Yes it all makes sense.

But IMHO the accuracy of the ruler will be enhanced if you also double-check it  with a 21st century, crystal-controlled TUNER :D. Kinda like old skool meets new skool. :D
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline jack in a vox

• Philmusicus Addictus
Chapter II is done!
« Reply #249 on: July 11, 2006, 09:57:10 AM »
as we all know OAS is a bit extreme.. its one or the other.. absolute dapat.

in his case, Ron Mercer also has a friggin amp + stompboxes (incl Tuner) to test with after he finishes work on a guitar/bass.

why the gripe with rulers? :lol: anyway i thoroughly enjoyed reading this..