hulika

Author Topic: HIT Productions looking for Audio Engineers  (Read 8345 times)

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: HIT Productions looking for Audio Engineers
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2010, 09:52:23 AM »
are you guys offering part-time positions or kelangan full-time talaga?

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2010, 09:59:21 AM »
Well InCh you can start from zero if you think you have the drive and skill. As you read in my earlier post we are hiring only 1-2 for the job and I have around 20+ resumes to shift through. You need to really sell yourself to us and be able to prove it during the interview and hands on test to get the job. You'll have to compete hard with other applicants assuming your resume is convincing enough to get you short listed. We'll probably end up with 6 for the interviews and end up hiring just 1 - 2 from this batch.

To add to this, unlike most band projects, most ads are multi-million peso endeavors and people only expect the best. Most of the engineers we hired and trained all had to pass through that process. When we did it any other way, it never worked and people did not stay with us long.

Lastly this is to state again we are hiring full time serious applicants only. You really need to want it or you will be discouraged to push on.

Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO
HIT Productions www.hitproductions.net

Offline inCh

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »
that's good to hear.. i find this really interesting, this would surely be something i would look forward to in the future. but right now, i can honestly say that i am not yet ready for this, not just because of technical deficiency, but other factors as well. im just new to my job right now and im still learning a lot, but thanks really, because this gave me an idea where my job right now could possibly lead me in the future. =) I just hope at that time there would be opportunities like this again. :-D God Bless to your company and to all applicants!!

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2010, 03:47:16 PM »
This is one promising career in audio production. Thanks for giving additional details for the position.  :-)
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline skunkyfunk

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2010, 05:27:43 PM »
Are you looking for part-timers or full timers?  What is the regular work schedule?

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2010, 06:01:55 PM »
Hey guys please read my earlier posts. I explain everything there. Full time only. You will be asked to give up a lot time wise. The stress is high but any audio engineer worth his salt would tell you of all the "wood shedding " and dues they had to pay to get to where they are.

The projects we work on are multi million peso advertising campaigns. You will not be working in a small bedroom studio doing band demos. You'll be trained to work on high end corporate jobs for top 500 companies who pay serious money for our expertise. If you work hard you can actually make a career out of it. We are looking for people serious with their career.

So send in those resumes soon . . . I am surprised how no one has read that I need a resume when I state that in every post I made on this thread.

Good luck. BTW we have started interviewing and short listed already a few candidates this thread will be closed very soon.
Dennis
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2010, 05:02:50 AM »
it seems i learned the wrong software. i hope there's another opening in the near future. that way i can study the right ones first...   
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2010, 07:18:50 AM »
You do not have to know ProTools or Logic, but you need a burning desire to do well in a very fast paced career. The work is hard and hours long. But you'll learn a lot by doing. This is a good job in a career that actually pays. Most employees here worked for us for 10-15 years and more. That is why we are looking hard for the right one. We treat people fairly and give you an opportunity to learn and excel in  a craft. Still we are an extremely competitive company and will squeeze everything we can get out of you. For the right person this is rewarding.

Thanks and congrats to all who got interviewed. We are still accepting resumes if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline skin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2010, 11:33:29 AM »
This is the type of work that makes me want to leave my job. 

Offline boy_george

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2010, 05:45:02 PM »
Hi Dennis,
  are you accepting old dogs? :roll: i worked at the other side before :-) Now deep into Protools(freelance) , I did some music tracking for a local talent before but mostly into film and advertising spots. Some producers might know me as well. Btw, are those two D-control mixing consoles? Your new Studio really looks neat! parang Hit Records hehehehe Congrats Thanks
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 05:46:46 PM by boy_george »

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2010, 12:12:58 AM »
We're winding down interviews right now. So those interested please send resumes. We have shortlisted 3 really great candidates. KC will txt those who got in. Looking for 1 more. We'll hire only one for the music studio but I am passing those who do not make it to our Engineering head Eric Adorable in case you guys want to interview for that department.

Regards,
Dennis
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline irajames

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2010, 06:50:06 PM »
i guess i'm too late then  :cry:
Regards,
IraJames

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »
Nope, just send me your resume and I will forward it to the team. If they feel you will be worth it, they'll get in contact with you. Please include all your audio related info in the resume as well. Most people leave it out but just put in their cover letters. Only resumes get screened so if you did not list any audio skills you get passed over.

Good luck . . . Dennis
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2010, 11:24:02 PM »
Hi Dennis,
  are you accepting old dogs? :roll: i worked at the other side before :-) Now deep into Protools(freelance) , I did some music tracking for a local talent before but mostly into film and advertising spots. Some producers might know me as well. Btw, are those two D-control mixing consoles? Your new Studio really looks neat! parang Hit Records hehehehe Congrats Thanks

Old dogs ba?  or Old Gods?  hehehe... old dogs are cool...

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2010, 11:31:42 PM »
George, I know our post side may be hiring too . . . and yes we do old dogs . . . you need to look for Eric Adorable. He posted in Job Street. I just thought the best way to find some real audio fanatics is to go to Phil Music.

The console in the pics is a D-Command which I split into two and built a desk for the monitor and keyboard in between.

Dennis
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline faye86

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2010, 05:32:33 PM »
  :mrgreen: I've seen this recording studio! and im like "WOOOAAAHHHH". Sir Mike said "so what do you think of this room?" I was like, these... are like... BIG TOYS (control room). :D Though, I wish I could still play the piano and i'm hoping to learn how to play guitar. *someday*
Sir Mike, Sir Eric and Sir KCT were very accomodating to show me around and yes, even let me hangout in the studio.  :-D

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2010, 08:54:13 PM »
Faye . . . Mike does not follow the thread. But since we built it we have been very happy with it. Shows that you get what you pay for. It took me 3 years of planning and one year of building including 2 trips to the US to visit the Powerstation Studios which this room is modeled after. The designer felt he had done a better job as the Powerstation was built in the early 70s, think classic Springsteen, Bowie and Brian Adams. I wish we had the money to build bigger.

The room really is nice. And we hope to do more than commercials there one day. That is why we are hiring. We are a very good place to work for and most employees have been with us 10+ years.

Cheers!
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2010, 11:28:36 PM »
WOW! This is my dream job. But not now. :-o

After 5 years hopefully.

Offline alta_ir

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2010, 05:08:07 PM »
may mga napili na ba kayo sir? pwede pa ba magpasa ng resume? thanks...

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2010, 08:42:31 PM »
Nasa US ako ngayon. But you can still email me your resumes and I'll forward to KC and he will text you if they think it will be worth your time and ours to interview. We already shortlisted a few guys. But I want to make sure no qualified person is turned away. People who do not make it for our Music Studio interviews still get a chance to interview with Eric Adorable for the audio post production department.

Cheers! Dennis
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2010, 04:07:46 AM »
I'm sorely tempted to leave my job!
- Joyo AC tone demo

Offline DCham

• Netizen Level
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2010, 04:25:13 AM »
That is flattering Acidtest . . . I would not quit your job, especially as I have made it clear we are hiring only one or two guys at the most to fill the job. It is hard work and the pay is not that great when you start out. Raises are given on the basis of how fast you grow and prove yourself on the job. Having said that, people who get hired by us usually stay on for many years. Plus I am an audio fanatic so I am always upgrading the facilities, so if you like gear you'll love it here.

In the end if you really love audio and music and are willing to go beyond the call of duty to work real hard develop yourself to the fullest. You'll be happy here. If you are expecting to be babied and paid lots of dinero for little work, then look elsewhere.

D
Dennis Cham
Senior Partner / CTO

Offline NS10 Reborn

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2010, 06:54:04 AM »
That is flattering Acidtest . . . I would not quit your job, especially as I have made it clear we are hiring only one or two guys at the most to fill the job. It is hard work and the pay is not that great when you start out. Raises are given on the basis of how fast you grow and prove yourself on the job. Having said that, people who get hired by us usually stay on for many years. Plus I am an audio fanatic so I am always upgrading the facilities, so if you like gear you'll love it here.

In the end if you really love audio and music and are willing to go beyond the call of duty to work real hard develop yourself to the fullest. You'll be happy here. If you are expecting to be babied and paid lots of dinero for little work, then look elsewhere.

D

Hi Dens,  i will visit your studio soon... kung ako lang talaga sana masunod... i will work in this studio and meet the team... great people here i believe so... this is passion for me... wow...

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2010, 07:17:27 AM »
Don't worry. I understand that. Its just my standard forum doodle.  :-D
I used to have a rehearsal studio (i saved up during my band days) that I'm forced to close down for some reason and got myself an 8 hour job instead. I still got all the gear (still buying more actually) and most my time at home was spent working on them. (arranging, playing, recording and mixing) My housemates tend to go elsewhere when I get to that mode since i tend to forget simple stuff like talking, diner, and time. My job pays enough to keep the finances barely above the water, considering its pretty high paying for my position across the industry. I don't think this is the right time for me to go for what i really want. I have to wait for some family investments to materialize first before i can have my turn. Dreams can wait.  :-D
- Joyo AC tone demo

Offline k.i.n.g.

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2010, 03:18:14 AM »
sino kaya yung mga swerte na  natanggap? well.. congrats to those who made the cut..