hulika

Author Topic: What Happened to that Guitarist Kid on Pilipinas Got Talent?  (Read 24785 times)

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: What Happened to that Guitarist Kid on Pilipinas Got Talent?
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2010, 10:06:41 AM »
Kapag ipinasok niya daliri niya sa saksakan, yun ang masyadong electric.
<3 Love is the absence of fear. Fear none. Love all. <3

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: June 13, 2010, 10:54:59 AM »
I watched the whole PGT last night. For me the talents who caught my attention was the magician Malakim and the 16 year old singer Jovit. As for the guitar player, he was really good, but still something wrong with the tone.

Kris Aquino..... what can I say............... she founded the Menudo fans Club way back during the 80's!

This would show her taste when she was a teenager.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline art_attack16

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: June 13, 2010, 12:14:20 PM »
Bata pa kasi kaya shred talaga ng shred, kung susundan nya ang mga idol nya like Paul Gilbert, magbabago rin style niya.

Offline donard

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #153 on: June 13, 2010, 12:36:32 PM »
hes a good speed player on his age kaso iba ang good sa better hehehe
Ibanez RG321MH RB, Artec GIOVANNI Custom Humbucker GCH2 Bridge and Neck,Ibanez WD7, Fulltone OCD V4, Boss CE2, Boss HR2, EHX Holystain,MI Audio Crunchbox, Boss RV3, Unoh PSU, Dunlop Jazz III

http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,220146.0.html

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: June 13, 2010, 01:06:34 PM »
... sigh... mourn the slow death of the english language.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »
I watched the whole PGT last night. For me the talents who caught my attention was the magician Malakim and the 16 year old singer Jovit. As for the guitar player, he was really good, but still something wrong with the tone.

Kris Aquino..... what can I say............... she founded the Menudo fans Club way back during the 80's!

This would show her taste when she was a teenager.

it's Alakim. I want him to win as well. Magaling talaga eh. Maybe I'm biased because I once was into performing magic, pero magaling talaga sya eh.As for the kid, many of my guitarist friends are saying the same thing. "Bata pa kasi sya," kaya puro "pasikat" ng shred. But you really can't deny that for his age, he's a really good guitar player na.

... sigh... mourn the slow death of the english language.

:lol:

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: June 13, 2010, 01:50:59 PM »

Offline bgarcia

« Reply #157 on: June 13, 2010, 03:25:38 PM »
Wala akong problema sa halos puro-shred na ginawa nung bata. Bukod sa mas enjoy sya sa performance dahil yun ang style nya, siguro sa tingin nya (at sa tingin ko rin) mas malaki chance nya manalo sa shred kesa sa mababagal na licks at soulful bends. Take note na konti lang rin ang oras kaya binuhos na lahat sa shred para makarami  :-D.

Offline paeng

• Veteran Member
« Reply #158 on: June 13, 2010, 05:59:47 PM »
Mas ok sana kung nag-gitara na lang talaga siya... Sana di na siya kumanta sayang lang yung time dun sa mga vocal part e... Mas marami pa sana siya magagawa sa gitara.
facebook.com/123pikit

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2010, 07:29:45 PM »
dapat umisip ng kakaibang "circus tricks" na panggitara tulad ng ginawa nya sa elims (yung electric drill)....

siguro gayahin nya dapat yung mga sumasali sa battle of the bands (nagsisindi ng apoy, paikot ng gitara 10x, etc)

Offline trees

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2010, 07:49:10 PM »
ayos yung tugtog talaga nung bata... kaso after a couple of seconds...parang may hinahanap ako.... 

Anyway, my vote goes for the girl who played flight of the bumblebee. Halos nakatulala na lang ako eh...syet.  :lol:

Offline vorg147

« Reply #161 on: June 13, 2010, 08:28:17 PM »
agree ako sa iba, dapat hindi na lang sya kumanta. Dapat pumili sya ng mga kanta nila Joe Sat or Steve Vai :D
Height and age doesn't matter...

Offline kimBuhain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #162 on: June 13, 2010, 08:40:45 PM »
Bata pa kasi kaya shred talaga ng shred, kung susundan nya ang mga idol nya like Paul Gilbert, magbabago rin style niya.

so bata pa si MAB? hehehe

back to topic magaling yung bata,.may conviction yung playing,.confidence kumbaga,.

Offline paeng

• Veteran Member
« Reply #163 on: June 13, 2010, 09:16:57 PM »
agree ako sa iba, dapat hindi na lang sya kumanta. Dapat pumili sya ng mga kanta nila Joe Sat or Steve Vai :D

Onga dapat nagpure solo na lang talaga siya. Yun naman kasi talaga forte nya gitara e.
facebook.com/123pikit

Offline wireless_system

« Reply #164 on: June 13, 2010, 10:02:38 PM »
Seen his clip on youtube.

He really got skills.

I think mas mahirap yung sabay yung pagakanta at paggitara, lalo na hindi chords yung tinugtog nya, mas kailangan ng concentration.
"I know that I know nothing"-Socrates

Offline manrey

« Reply #165 on: June 13, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »
si jovit baldivino yung nanalo.
bonjovi at pineda yung dating.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: June 14, 2010, 06:26:48 AM »
Unfortunately, nothing will ever happen to him.  Jovit beat him by a landslide which for me says:

1) The great majority of people in this country are into melodic lines and songs which they can hum to even though they are rip offs of journey and others and Filipinos seem to forget who the original composer is
2) Vocals beat guitar tone most of the time because most people are tuned to how the midrange on human vocals are pleasing to the ear versus crappy sounding guitar
3) Kris and Ai Ai were right... at least when representing the pulse of the masses and undeserving of the biased bashing of guitarists on this thread 
4) The masa cannot appreciate guitar music and I don't blame them because of the low standard of guitar equipment in this country
5) The masa cannot appreciate soul  -- Jovit is NO Arnel because his renditions of the songs lacked soul despite Arnel's praises for Jovit's voice quality
6) The Pilipinas Got Talent just shows how much lacking in talent Filipinos are because the show was just plain boring -- quite everything was a rehash of everything else done by foreigners done with less talent for example, Jovit did not get me to sing with him because no matter how many times he tried he didn't have the soul of Steve and Arnel
7) Compared to Mama Sox who could stir your soul with her renditions even if it was the first time I heard the remake -- hindi over acting, Jovit is nothing but technical pipes
8) Hodge Podge talent shows seek to devalue the individual talents because: a) we do not know if the contestant is truly the best representation of his/her talent, b) its hard to compare one talent against another, c) singers always win in the Philippines specially when they can prove to scream a high note -- its applicable to all ages and the younger the better, d) voters are influenced by media e.g. not all contestants were given the same media exposure as Jovit
9)  The Guitar community is a small influence on Philippine society -- this is a country of vocalists and actors, a great majority of our country men lack the discipline to learn an instrument unlike the more advanced countries.  Even Rico Blanco is now an ABS-CBN star.
10) Music is so debased in this country that it is pirated and played on cheap game shows for ratings -- thereby killing muscial creativity unlike in the USA where songs are protected and shows are asked to pay expensive royalty fees for using a song

Offline hunk0429

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: June 14, 2010, 06:36:37 AM »
siguro pag nag-ala john mayer sya, ma-appreciate pa sya. siguro naman kilala ni aiai at kris yun!

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: June 14, 2010, 07:19:31 AM »
Unfortunately, nothing will ever happen to him.  Jovit beat him by a landslide which for me says:

1) The great majority of people in this country are into melodic lines and songs which they can hum to even though they are rip offs of journey and others and Filipinos seem to forget who the original composer is
2) Vocals beat guitar tone most of the time because most people are tuned to how the midrange on human vocals are pleasing to the ear versus crappy sounding guitar
3) Kris and Ai Ai were right... at least when representing the pulse of the masses and undeserving of the biased bashing of guitarists on this thread 
4) The masa cannot appreciate guitar music and I don't blame them because of the low standard of guitar equipment in this country
5) The masa cannot appreciate soul  -- Jovit is NO Arnel because his renditions of the songs lacked soul despite Arnel's praises for Jovit's voice quality
6) The Pilipinas Got Talent just shows how much lacking in talent Filipinos are because the show was just plain boring -- quite everything was a rehash of everything else done by foreigners done with less talent for example, Jovit did not get me to sing with him because no matter how many times he tried he didn't have the soul of Steve and Arnel
7) Compared to Mama Sox who could stir your soul with her renditions even if it was the first time I heard the remake -- hindi over acting, Jovit is nothing but technical pipes
8) Hodge Podge talent shows seek to devalue the individual talents because: a) we do not know if the contestant is truly the best representation of his/her talent, b) its hard to compare one talent against another, c) singers always win in the Philippines specially when they can prove to scream a high note -- its applicable to all ages and the younger the better, d) voters are influenced by media e.g. not all contestants were given the same media exposure as Jovit
9)  The Guitar community is a small influence on Philippine society -- this is a country of vocalists and actors, a great majority of our country men lack the discipline to learn an instrument unlike the more advanced countries.  Even Rico Blanco is now an ABS-CBN star.
10) Music is so debased in this country that it is pirated and played on cheap game shows for ratings -- thereby killing muscial creativity unlike in the USA where songs are protected and shows are asked to pay expensive royalty fees for using a song

At eto naman ang maganda kay Alex/Firemodel. Intelihente't nag-iisip. Agreed on all points except for that small clause re guitar equipment. :-)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: June 14, 2010, 07:21:47 AM »
siguro pag nag-ala john mayer sya, ma-appreciate pa sya. siguro naman kilala ni aiai at kris yun!

I sincerely doubt that both of them appreciate John Mayer.

heavensgraveyard

« Reply #170 on: June 14, 2010, 09:14:11 AM »
nakita ko sakanya yung tipong walang pakialam sa sasabihin ng ibang tao..basta gusto niyang gawin yung gusto niya..parang yun ung passion nya sa guitar..total bata pa sya at gagaling pa yun in the near future..

nakakainis lang kasi..nakakaGAS yung jackson niya.. :lol:

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: June 14, 2010, 09:49:10 AM »

i agree on the crappy sounding thing, but maybe not the guitar itself, maybe its the multifx, and sa pagtitimpla niya. i remember when i did the multifx thing with very high gain, and it sounded good to me, and TO ME ONLY, and I WAS LEFT OUT IN A BAND SETTING! maybe thats what happened to him. maybe in a few years time he would understand more about it. he's just a kid.

maybe the masa cannot appreciate guitar music not because of the low quality of guitars/gears but maybe lack of exposure of guitar instrumental music here in the philippines. kumbaga, tayo tayong mga gitarista lang ang nakaka appreciate ng gaito, at nakakaintindi ng ganito. you are right, vocals always win against instruments here in the Phils. my sentiment is i feel that the study of music and instruments are not given much importance here.

good thing jovit has technical pipes. he would evolve and continue to evolve and eventually have the soul that you are saying. he's also a kid.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: June 14, 2010, 09:51:19 AM »
i agree on the crappy sounding thing, but maybe not the guitar itself, maybe its the multifx, and sa pagtitimpla niya. i remember when i did the multifx thing with very high gain, and it sounded good to me, and TO ME ONLY, and I WAS LEFT OUT IN A BAND SETTING! maybe thats what happened to him. maybe in a few years time he would understand more about it. he's just a kid.

maybe the masa cannot appreciate guitar music not because of the low quality of guitars/gears but maybe lack of exposure of guitar instrumental music here in the philippines. kumbaga, tayo tayong mga gitarista lang ang nakaka appreciate ng gaito, at nakakaintindi ng ganito. you are right, vocals always win against instruments here in the Phils. my sentiment is i feel that the study of music and instruments are not given much importance here.

good thing jovit has technical pipes. he would evolve and continue to evolve and eventually have the soul that you are saying. he's also a kid.

Also..
The ability to purchase does not equal the ability to play.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: June 14, 2010, 09:54:06 AM »

Also..
The ability to purchase does not equal the ability to play.

The ability to pay does not equal the ability to play

better if it rhymes :-D
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline aya_yuson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: June 14, 2010, 10:04:27 AM »
 :-D Pwede.  :-D