hulika

Author Topic: Shooting in UP Diliman?  (Read 5454 times)

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Shooting in UP Diliman?
« on: May 31, 2010, 10:24:01 PM »
Hi guys. I'm looking for a good, hassle-free location for my next model shoot. I'm considering UP Diliman.. but does anyone know if there are any restrictions or need for shooting permit? AFAIK, maluwag sa UP Diliman, but I want to make sure (& not waste my model's time or my own).

And can anyone reccomend 'the best' spots to shoot within the campus? Thanks!  :-)

Offline smartkat

Re: Shooting in UP Diliman?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
haha. Depends on the equipment you'll be using. If it needs any sockets or power supply, you need papers for that. But if you'll be just taking photos with reflectors and a few people, there's no problem with that. Not sure if you could go inside buildings because they'll ask for ID's and stuff.

What kind of location do you need? You could always go to the Sunken Garden, it's pretty nice there with the trees and horizon. or you could shoot beside UP theatre or UP Film Institute, the red structure pops out. There's this broad field near the Math building. We always shoot at that new building called Media Center, it's beside Mass Com. It's for the film majors so there's a lot of nice backdrops there.
Quote from: ning
ano ba meaning ng up?  :D

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 10:38:18 PM »
It'll be a pretty plain shoot.. I'm not even sure if I'll be using reflectors.  :lol:

I want nature & trees to be the backdrop for most of the pictures, so I don't need to enter any buildings. But those tall stairs outside the Math building seem promising. You think it'll be a problem if I shoot there?

I've been thinking about the Sunken Garden.. so there's a good view of the horizon there, huh? I've never been to that part of the campus before. I'll also take note of the UP Theatre, Media Center & Film Institute.  :-)

Thanks a lot, smartkat!  8-)

Anyone else?

Offline makinao

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 10:48:57 PM »
Students and faculty are free to shoot in most places, specially if it is for class purposes. But there are a few exceptions in which they have to get permission from the building administration.

Outsiders, specially for commercial shoots, need a permit, and you need to pay. Its not cheap. Some buildings need special permission on top of that. I'm not sure which office you go to, but start at the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Community Affairs. If its just you and your model, and all you are toting is just a DSLR and lens, you could take your chances in the open areas like the sunken garden, lagoon, athletic oval, etc. But anything more than that in terms of equipment or people is asking for unwanted attention from either guards, tanods, or UP security force. 

Offline Red_Strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 02:48:48 PM »
Mhmm. The shots that I plan on taking will mostly be in the open areas, so I guess you're right, I could take my chances.  :-)

Offline tweenty-seven

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 03:24:34 PM »
sa sunken garden madami nag sho-shoot ..kaso maulan na eh.

ngayung summer medyo hindi mahigpit..meron ako friend na dun sa palma hall bldng. yung college nya.. 8pm binuksan nya yung gate ng palma hall at pumasok kami dun after jogging para mag CR.(horror eh)..hehe
numeroh_unoh, mondemonle, deathbymistake, iandomld, shodawmoon, pentagramX, gitardy, vincejezzrell, bossingboss, crypt, haxo55, luk3, xboughtbybloodx, bimbo, gunslinger13, lisza12,marshidalgo, pinkybrief, onji, palmuteboi, dime001, master_jeremiah