hulika

Author Topic: Call Out to Ibanez to improve their Guitars  (Read 25079 times)

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Call Out to Ibanez to improve their Guitars
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2010, 10:14:54 PM »
Come on guys.

Firemodel has played every single Ibanez in the world. He has major chops and mad skills, and is credible enough to judge gear (and tell you that his gear can kick your gear's arse), because for sure, he can bring out the maximum potential for every equipment he tries out, because, he has mad skills.

NOT.

Offline nealyu

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2010, 10:19:18 PM »
Come on guys.

Firemodel has played every single Ibanez in the world. He has major chops and mad skills, and is credible enough to judge gear (and tell you that his gear can kick your gear's arse), because for sure, he can bring out the maximum potential for every equipment he tries out, because, he has mad skills.

NOT.

this guy is bitter cos he can't have half the gear firemodel has  :lol:

hey, you get what you pay for. admit it. his suhr sounds better than most of ibanez you will ever get to try. and his diezel is better than any SS amp. let's face it. he has better gear. he is entitled to his own opinion.

if you love what you play, good. that's all that matters

btw, let's stick to the topic. good one bry  :lol:

not an ibanez user but really... actions speak louder than words. kudos to you man
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 10:20:55 PM by nealyu »

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2010, 10:24:49 PM »
this guy is bitter cos he can't have half the gear firemodel has  :lol:

hey, you get what you pay for. admit it. his suhr sounds better than most of ibanez you will ever get to try. and his diezel is better than any SS amp. let's face it. he has better gear. he is entitled to his own opinion.

if you love what you play, good. that's all that matters

btw, let's stick to the topic. good one bry  :lol:

not an ibanez user but really... actions speak louder than words. kudos to you man

Whatever you say dood. :)

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2010, 10:25:22 PM »
on topic, still waiting lets make this happen

Offline Jaco D

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2010, 10:58:10 PM »
on topic, still waiting lets make this happen

I just find it strange that the TS would bring up this topic and not pull the trigger.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:43 PM »
I just find it strange that the TS would bring up this topic and not pull the trigger.

hey im trying to help out, TS might be out and about..or typing out his assessment..so ill wait no rush, i specifically ask for a highly detailed comparison and explanation that we can present..its no biggie sending our comments,complements and suggestions to companies like these..back then the response i got from jay(ibanez) that he will report it to his associates but i dont know if he did or didnt..but i did personally call GKG(compliments and suggestions), Schecter(compliments and kinda hoping if they had NOS around), Fender(MIM fret issue's), ESP LTd(its a cheap brand, but they have good fretjobs but poor neck wood), Washburn usa, Suhr, Tom Anderson,D.Bunker..etc..to find info..i like to get info and share info to and from the company..

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2010, 12:15:54 AM »
Okamon. We all know what's the real intention of this thread. There are already dozens of threads like this one here at GC.

Summary : "Mas mataas ang ihi ko sa inyo".

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #182 on: June 17, 2010, 01:00:24 AM »
Okamon. We all know what's the real intention of this thread. There are already dozens of threads like this one here at GC.

here's my part-rant response,

its not uncommon its just threads that are titled in a specific should lead to something of the same context, to point an example is 'what would be the best super strat out there' thread, that one would contain alot of experience and product bashing which is fine because everyone is passionate in what they have..but what about 'elegee custom guitar threads' and 'max rufo guitar' threads and then someone comes in and talks about their usa made guitar being better than what anyone in that thread has? does that sound within context? sure a lawyer can help you prove that guitar thread=anything guitar but all sarcasm aside it would be nice to see things that generate something constructive or usable..

i've seen a single coil thread with a response to use a les paul..etc..i could go on but rather not..

im still waiting for reply from the TS..

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #183 on: June 17, 2010, 01:21:46 AM »
just to point out the obvious, a call to quality ain't gonna improve crappy playing. i've played some darn good Ibbys...never owned one but played a few live on loan. i like em and like other guitars, you'll have to play a few to get the one that feels "right" in your hands.
ako si mimordz. 友だちからよろしくです!

Offline bhaahchico

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #184 on: June 17, 2010, 01:42:09 AM »
ow yeah im done reading from the top..

feeding my knowledge in guitar..

-kahit panu syempre makakatulong tong ganito ganun pala yun ganun pala yung iba hehe

@TS
dimo na po dinalaw to ah.. pansin ko la na ng pagitan ng reply mu dito sa dulo :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #185 on: June 17, 2010, 03:22:59 AM »
just to point out the obvious, a call to quality ain't gonna improve crappy playing. i've played some darn good Ibbys...never owned one but played a few live on loan. i like em and like other guitars, you'll have to play a few to get the one that feels "right" in your hands.

lol lets not point out the obvious..whats up abyss..petros ready?

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #186 on: June 17, 2010, 03:32:20 AM »
lol lets not point out the obvious..whats up abyss..petros ready?

@bz: haha - just saying, man. a call out to quality ain't gonna make you play better if you can't really cut it on a well setup, run-of-the-mill production axe, you know? hell, there are tons of folks of virtuoso quality cutting the gig circuit up every night around the country on less than high-quality axes and they sound spectacular! nothing wrong with the way Ibby puts out on their guitars because in a lot of cases, a good setup will do wonders for any guitar, really. if one REALLY wants higher quality stuff, Ibby has some pieces of custom shop quality that one can get if the regular models don't suit their fancy.

Petros wait times are lengthy, man but I got a build time of 2012-2013. most small luthiers have a 1.5-2 year back log right now, some longer. i have a bari build that might be done before the petros. no big deal.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #187 on: June 17, 2010, 04:03:16 AM »
Quit commenting on Alex's playing, guys. Stick to the topic. And besides, some of you guys probably aren't master guitarists yourselves so you better leave guitar playing skills out of the discussion. Alex, kaunting hinay ka lang sa posts mo. You can't enforce your way of being straightforward because the majority cannot tolerate that.

Anyway, I agree with the posts here. Ibanez isn't as good now in terms of quality. I don't even bother to try most of the new Gio and SA guitars displayed in Audiophile outlets anymore. For P20-30k, I'd rather buy PRS SEs or MIJ Fenders. The Artcore series guitars are fun to play, though!

I do remember trying out one yellow 20th Anniversary RG550 that was on display at the Van Nuys branch of Guitar Center a couple of years back. I thought it sounded KILLER. It looked funky too. I regret not giving in to my GAS back then (I think I was still saving up for Eric's Baker b3 at that time).
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #188 on: June 17, 2010, 04:35:48 AM »
@bz: haha - just saying, man. a call out to quality ain't gonna make you play better if you can't really cut it on a well setup, run-of-the-mill production axe, you know? hell, there are tons of folks of virtuoso quality cutting the gig circuit up every night around the country on less than high-quality axes and they sound spectacular! nothing wrong with the way Ibby puts out on their guitars because in a lot of cases, a good setup will do wonders for any guitar, really. if one REALLY wants higher quality stuff, Ibby has some pieces of custom shop quality that one can get if the regular models don't suit their fancy.

its there but not available to anywhere but japan..which is absolute b.s. but thats how they think the j.custom is.its too good for other countries

Petros wait times are lengthy, man but I got a build time of 2012-2013. most small luthiers have a 1.5-2 year back log right now, some longer. i have a bari build that might be done before the petros. no big deal.
good luck with the build abbys, hopefully by that time will have space ships ready or another planet to populate

Quit commenting on Alex's playing, guys. Stick to the topic. And besides, some of you guys probably aren't master guitarists yourselves so you better leave guitar playing skills out of the discussion. Alex, kaunting hinay ka lang sa posts mo. You can't enforce your way of being straightforward because the majority cannot tolerate that.

yup, like how it started im all for that..since this a call out for improvement as TS said, so lets keep at that..im still waiting for a txt file, maybe poundcake, mico ong, boosted etc..can help decipher what alex finds hard to explain..the more we can send out as detailed as possible..generally i dont like the edge 3 trem and the pickups they use compared to guitars priced the same back in the 90's V-series pups were alot better than INF's

Anyway, I agree with the posts here. Ibanez isn't as good now in terms of quality. I don't even bother to try most of the new Gio and SA guitars displayed in Audiophile outlets anymore. For P20-30k, I'd rather buy PRS SEs or MIJ Fenders. The Artcore series guitars are fun to play, though!

i'd rather buy a used MIJ & MIA one

I do remember trying out one yellow 20th Anniversary RG550 that was on display at the Van Nuys branch of Guitar Center a couple of years back. I thought it sounded KILLER. It looked funky too. I regret not giving in to my GAS back then (I think I was still saving up for Eric's Baker b3 at that time).

prestige profile neck on that but most will argue the 20th wood is not the same weight wise than the orig 550's both are basswood but even so they argue about that, having tried both..it was a similar replication but i preferred the newer build as far as durability was concerned..but the fretjob on some of the old one's (having assembled and setup in Bensalem PA) had that close to fender type fret leveling, flat and worn feel..( i see that in a custom shop jackson pc-1, fender, that old joe perry LP, some older charvels and usa kramer pacer)

@TS, send your points and comments to my email, sent you a pm yesterday..a reply is anticipated and highly appreciated

Offline dukz

« Reply #189 on: June 17, 2010, 05:00:53 AM »

Thing is... playing/skill justifies credibility. How can you believe on someone who is more a blabber than a player?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 05:57:56 AM by dukz »

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #190 on: June 17, 2010, 05:21:54 AM »
Thing is... playing/skill justifies credibility. How can you believe on someone who is more than a blabber than a player?

Agree. Not because you can BUY the gear, doesn't mean you know your sh*t.

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #191 on: June 17, 2010, 05:31:41 AM »
Thing is... playing/skill justifies credibility. How can you believe on someone who is more than a blabber than a player?

True, it justifies credibility if he is a demoing critic. But then, the thing is that you don't need to be able to perform 32nd note sweep runs just to be able to distinguish good guitars from bad ones. Other individuals can even identify great sounding electric guitars just by strumming an open Em11 chord and listening to the guitar's natural acoustic resonance. It doesn't require skill to open-strum a guitar, but it does require good ears to be able to hear those nuances. That "blabber" came from his claimed "extensive exposure to high-end equipment," which is something that most of the people here don't have, so just give him the benefit of the doubt. I myself am a tone nut and I've tested a lot of high-end guitars too but I'm not naturally gifted at playing strict alternate picking and I've also had really bad effects mixing issues during some gigs/concerts. Does that make me any less credible as a guitar and pedal reviewer? I don't think so. All modesty aside, I believe a lot of people here respect my opinion on equipment.

But most importantly, those comments are taking this thread to an off-topic direction. Sayang ang thread, it's interesting. Sorry for the longer-than-expected reply folks, I'm just tired of this "wala akong mahirit sa gear nya so sa skills ko na lang titirahin para makabawi" pattern. I don't want to lock interesting threads just because of these kinds of posts. It's all for education, guys! Lighten up! Wag ma-hurt pag "inapi" ang favorite brand ninyo :)

Carry on.
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline abyssinianson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2010, 05:46:48 AM »

bossing: what I said wasn't a direct (or indirect) attack on Alex's playing. since I don't know the guy nor have I ever seen him, I have nothing to gain or lose by commenting on the guy's chops.

however, what I did intend to point out was that a call for Ibby to improve their quality is not a big deal because, A) Ibby is a guitar company that has different tiers of products for different people and budgets, you pick one and buy it then have it setup to your specs, B) reason why I did correlate chops with the guitar quality is that I don't see the reason why Ibby would need to change anything about its products when, really, you could just pay extra to get the quality that you want. fact of the matter is, higher end Ibbys usually feel better so if you've got the cash to spare, you might be satisfied spending your dough on higher costing, usually better feeling gear. can't play well? buy a lower end guitar. can play well but don't wanna pay outa the nose? pay for a lower end guitar. play well and got the cash? move on up to the higher end sh*t, or buy another brand...this ain't rocket science and the fact that Ibby has something for all pockets and skills really gives folks a good range of choices of every permutation of preference possible. i just dont see the big deal.

Offline dukz

« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2010, 05:56:43 AM »
True, it justifies credibility if he is a demoing critic. But then, the thing is that you don't need to be able to perform 32nd note sweep runs just to be able to distinguish good guitars from bad ones. Other individuals can even identify great sounding electric guitars just by strumming an open Em11 chord and listening to the guitar's natural acoustic resonance. It doesn't require skill to open-strum a guitar, but it does require good ears to be able to hear those nuances. That "blabber" came from his claimed "extensive exposure to high-end equipment," which is something that most of the people here don't have, so just give him the benefit of the doubt. I myself am a tone nut and I've tested a lot of high-end guitars too but I'm not naturally gifted at playing strict alternate picking and I've also had really bad effects mixing issues during some gigs/concerts. Does that make me any less credible as a guitar and pedal reviewer? I don't think so. All modesty aside, I believe a lot of people here respect my opinion on equipment.

But most importantly, those comments are taking this thread to an off-topic direction. Sayang ang thread, it's interesting. Sorry for the longer-than-expected reply folks, I'm just tired of this "wala akong mahirit sa gear nya so sa skills ko na lang titirahin para makabawi" pattern. I don't want to lock interesting threads just because of these kinds of posts. It's all for education, guys! Lighten up! Wag ma-hurt pag "inapi" ang favorite brand ninyo :)

Carry on.

Got your point sir and humbly respect that... but if the topic came from bry, which i think has more exp in playing than blabbing and not blabbing over playing like the TS, then it is definitely more interesting and informative...
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:00:57 AM by dukz »

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2010, 07:01:28 AM »

Carry on.

Poundcake is right sayang ang thread. The topic really is interesting and I do agree with Alex with some of the points he tries to raise. Most of the reviews he brings out I believe is more biased to the equipment he personally has or had. Never did I see any review by Alex trying to shoot out head to head lets say a brand new Ibanez and a brand new Jackson guitar. If Alex really wanted to help the performing musicians here in Philmusic he should at least try to debate on equipments most musicians here can relate to, and this means equipments that are available at our local music stores.

I would really respect Alex's opinions if he had the credibility to be a critic. For me credibility to be a critic does no mean he has to have a column at Guitar Player, for his credibility would follow if he would put away his high end equipment and start reviewing equipments that are available locally. Yeah he's seen the best and played the best, but we've heard so much of that already. Why not go down to the basic and review Squire and Greg Bennet head to head?
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #195 on: June 17, 2010, 07:02:58 AM »
Maski ipadala natin sa hoshino, it is commercially suicidal for them to stop selling guitars that do not sound good because they lose sales volume.  And if its one thing that has kept Ibanez alive thru crisis, is relatively higher volume than others.

based on this, and other posts of TS not related to the call out, may patutunguhan paba ang call out thread?

kasi yung TS dapat ang naghahanap ng paraan para talagang mag call out. pero from reading the topic, si bryan arzaga pa ang mas may concern sa topic na ito..

pero baka naman mali ako, baka naman nagttype na siya ng formal letter..
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline superbuni123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: June 17, 2010, 08:03:04 AM »
Got your point sir and humbly respect that... but if the topic came from bry, which i think more exp in playing than blabbing and not blabbing over playing like the TS, then it is definitely more interesting and informative...
Poundcake is right sayang ang thread. The topic really is interesting and I do agree with Alex with some of the points he tries to raise. Most of the reviews he brings out I believe is more biased to the equipment he personally has or had. Never did I see any review by Alex trying to shoot out head to head lets say a brand new Ibanez and a brand new Jackson guitar. If Alex really wanted to help the performing musicians here in Philmusic he should at least try to debate on equipments most musicians here can relate to, and this means equipments that are available at our local music stores.

I would really respect Alex's opinions if he had the credibility to be a critic. For me credibility to be a critic does no mean he has to have a column at Guitar Player, for his credibility would follow if he would put away his high end equipment and start reviewing equipments that are available locally. Yeah he's seen the best and played the best, but we've heard so much of that already. Why not go down to the basic and review Squire and Greg Bennet head to head?

+1
Learning to be a man without losing the boy in me...

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #197 on: June 17, 2010, 09:33:08 AM »
Whatever you say dood. :)

The guy probably has no idea how rich you are my friend. :wink:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #198 on: June 17, 2010, 09:36:14 AM »
based on this, and other posts of TS not related to the call out, may patutunguhan paba ang call out thread?

i'm trying to help out

kasi yung TS dapat ang naghahanap ng paraan para talagang mag call out. pero from reading the topic, si bryan arzaga pa ang mas may concern sa topic na ito..

its fine im not really 'concerned' that word just puts a lot into my shoulders lol, best to describe is i do want change because if you look just standard priced RG's($220-$399) iwas in guitarcenter btw with my suhr..etc(thats a different story)

anyway between the $220-$399 RG's to sum them up as which seems to be more ideal(Fixed Bridge and RG with edge3) based on this current gear test, and what abbys pointed out as fix em up and you'll have a good guitar / Fixxer Upper as they say..the fixed bridge RG's are more ideal if you look at upgrades and such and with basic changes(saddles,pickups,probably the nut) is not alot if you compared it to what an RG350 would sum up in upgrades(trem=FR, Pickups)..

lets be honest some of the members here have cash..(abyys has tons! can i have monies)? lol but not everybody does and thats reality and i dont like that it has to be that way with ibanez..i know the pinas guys are paying much more in their end for indonesian made rg's with edge 3 trems..i dont like it to be a fixxer upper guitar when it involves hardware that is hard to replace..especially the edge trem 3, since the routing is too small to accommodate available parts other then an original FR, that part there doesnt compute...if i could be so honest between the 399-499 budget GKG crusader deluxe has it done pretty in terms of build and parts their pickups are much more desirable stock than INF's..BUT their crusader deluxe is only has a classic trem routing which means no pulling up..so thats its cons if you like a lot of whammy bar usage..i cant add ltd to the mix since i only tested units in my local GC(and so far the maple neck they use isnt that strudy), cant add dean to the mix because only their hardtail stuff work well..schecter might be an option but has different look too it, next Laguna really versatile fugly headstocks..Sterling by MMan, the axis model is ok no tone control though..etc.

so basically i want them to put back the edge pro II if they can or at least make the edge 3 with better materials..i recently tested a beautiful Rg350M DY (this one was setup right by a new tech there Dave from nashville Tn) and it felt good and he polished the frets too..plugged it in horrible pickups..(single coil was ok), but the trem he agrees need to be better..thats all it needs,

pero baka naman mali ako, baka naman nagttype na siya ng formal letter..
will wait till the TS responds..

on a lighter side..i got myself a new amp..\m/

Offline xaero

« Reply #199 on: June 17, 2010, 09:42:31 AM »
Sayang lang panahon nyo. Kung kaya naman kasi ng Ibanez gawin ang hinihingi dito eh bakit naman hindi ibbygay? Dami kasi factors involved sa pag-produce ng gitara diba? At iba na ang panahon ngayon kaysa dati, meron mga batas to preserve/protect the environment na siguradong apektado ang mga guitar manufacturer dahil sila ay gumagamit ng kahoy.

Baka kasi ganito lang ang possibleng maging tanong na ibabalik nila sa inyo: Kung sakaling gagawin nila ang gusto nyo, sundin lahat ng request na i-apply sa mga bagong gitara na gagawin nila PERO ang presyo naman ay itataas nila sa di na makataong presyo(as in 250k pataas dahil sa possibleng maging effect sa cost ng production), Bibilhin mo pa ba?

Syempre meron din dyan sasagot ng "Oo, bibilhin ko, why not?"
Ilang tao pa kaya ang sang-ayon sa ganon?

Sa nababasa ko kasi, parang perfect gitara na ang hanap dito at mukhang hindi parin yata papasa sa standards nila maski mag-improve pa ng bahagya ang quality.