hulika

Author Topic: Joyo Pedals  (Read 303756 times)

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
Re: Joyo Pedals
« Reply #1675 on: March 11, 2013, 08:49:43 AM »

My current main dirt pedal

Current set-up

Offline robertshanepascual

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1676 on: March 11, 2013, 08:50:27 AM »
Just got a Vintage OD last week. it will stay on my board. good for reggae  ^-^
just groove with it and everything will be allright...

Offline justine3563

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1677 on: March 11, 2013, 01:14:06 PM »

Current set-up

how's the deluxe compared to US dream sir?
i love music...more than food!

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1678 on: March 11, 2013, 01:40:17 PM »
@shoegazer

Yun bang deluxe crunch ay parang BB Preamp? Nagbase lang ak sa itsura ng knobs.  :lol:

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1679 on: March 11, 2013, 01:45:06 PM »
@shoegazer

Yun bang deluxe crunch ay parang BB Preamp? Nagbase lang ak sa itsura ng knobs.  :lol:

I hope it does sound the BB preamp too and it's  :eek:

:lol:
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1680 on: March 11, 2013, 09:32:15 PM »
@justine3563
The Deluxe Crunch has significantly more mids and highs than the US Dream (especially with the presence knob dialed all the way up). The latter is more bass-heavy and sort of has a nasal tone. I like the heaviness of the US Dream but it does tend to get lost in the mix sometimes. The Deluxe Crunch has no problem cutting through, though.

@cayle annd tonwins11
I'm afraid I have yet to try a BB Pre-amp.. the knobs for the Deluxe Crunch are Level, Distortion, Tone and Presence, if that helps. But afaik, it sounds like a Joyo Crunch Distortion on steroids. More bass and tighter mids and it sounds fantastic when boosted by the Vintage OD and Mooer Blue Comp. It does early Deftones riffs really well.  :-D

Offline justine3563

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1681 on: March 13, 2013, 01:07:58 PM »
@justine3563
The Deluxe Crunch has significantly more mids and highs than the US Dream (especially with the presence knob dialed all the way up). The latter is more bass-heavy and sort of has a nasal tone. I like the heaviness of the US Dream but it does tend to get lost in the mix sometimes. The Deluxe Crunch has no problem cutting through, though.

@cayle annd tonwins11
I'm afraid I have yet to try a BB Pre-amp.. the knobs for the Deluxe Crunch are Level, Distortion, Tone and Presence, if that helps. But afaik, it sounds like a Joyo Crunch Distortion on steroids. More bass and tighter mids and it sounds fantastic when boosted by the Vintage OD and Mooer Blue Comp. It does early Deftones riffs really well.  :-D

must try!!

i love music...more than food!

Offline leonard

• formerly known as "leonard8488"
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1682 on: March 13, 2013, 05:12:47 PM »
okay ba joyo noise gate? compared s boss ns2

Offline richneil0816

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1683 on: March 13, 2013, 07:13:02 PM »
kanu po ba ang price ng mga joyo pedals? naka 3 message n q sa FB at isa sa email ng lazer. wala pa din ng rereply. (please sent me a pm if anyone here knows)

balak ko ko kasi gumawa ng pedal board na puro joyo ang laman, for home practice

Offline leonard

• formerly known as "leonard8488"
  • Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1684 on: March 13, 2013, 07:59:32 PM »
kanu po ba ang price ng mga joyo pedals? naka 3 message n q sa FB at isa sa email ng lazer. wala pa din ng rereply. (please sent me a pm if anyone here knows)

balak ko ko kasi gumawa ng pedal board na puro joyo ang laman, for home practice

around 2.5k new, 1k to 2k used

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1685 on: March 14, 2013, 07:05:13 AM »

Current set-up

yung compressor po ba nag didistort ng pre 12'00?
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline doritos_ug_mr_chips

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1686 on: March 14, 2013, 09:57:08 AM »
Hey guys, I'm planning to try out the JOYO extreme metal.  Some say it's a copy of the metal muff.  Is it that close? And I just read that these products are made in China. Is it durable?  Pwede ba off ang distortion and use the boost?

Where can I order here? Can someone point me to a thread or link? I'm located in Cebu.

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1687 on: March 14, 2013, 11:08:29 AM »
Hey guys, I'm planning to try out the JOYO extreme metal.  Some say it's a copy of the metal muff.  Is it that close? And I just read that these products are made in China. Is it durable?  Pwede ba off ang distortion and use the boost?

Where can I order here? Can someone point me to a thread or link? I'm located in Cebu.

Hey bro, welcome to Philmusic. I'm from the Visayas too. I'm from Dumaguete. Check out oteymike88s thread in the classified ads. You can order also sa guitar salon or directly thru Lazer. Check them out on FB.
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1688 on: March 14, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
yung compressor po ba nag didistort ng pre 12'00?

Slightly, I rarely have mine past 9.

I used to own one. Sounds pretty close to the metal muff. Solid enough. The "boost" is just a top boost which means it only accentuates the higher frequencies with no significant increase in volume and no, you can't use it on it's own. It's a great pedal, but I let go of mine because it sounded too heavy for the music I play.

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1689 on: March 14, 2013, 11:24:10 AM »
Shoegazer, how lush is the joyo chorus?
Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline doritos_ug_mr_chips

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #1690 on: March 14, 2013, 11:40:50 AM »
I used to own one. Sounds pretty close to the metal muff. Solid enough. The "boost" is just a top boost which means it only accentuates the higher frequencies with no significant increase in volume and no, you can't use it on it's own. It's a great pedal, but I let go of mine because it sounded too heavy for the music I play.

oh, I was kinda hoping I can use the boost for clean solos to save on buying booster peds.  I think I'll just invest on one nlng. Booster ped I mean.  But I still am interested witt the extreme metal.  How about the durability of their pedals? Is it ok?  I have doubts kasi pag China made.. hehe

When I checked out one link here sa forum that has the pedals and the original peds that they copied parang na activate ang G.A.S  :drool:  I saw a 6band EQ. Ayos ba?

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1691 on: March 16, 2013, 07:51:09 PM »
@tonwins11
Sounds like the Boss CE2 plenty enough. It's a keeper. I'm letting go of the Digital Delay though.

@doritos_ug_mr_chips
Haven't tried the 6band EQ. As for the durability, well.. I actually broke the foot switch of my Joyo Deluxe Crunch after a show last night.. and to think it was just the second time I gigged it. :-o Badtrip. :cry:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 08:00:38 PM by shoegazer »

Offline tonwins11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1692 on: March 18, 2013, 10:23:35 AM »
Haven't tried the 6band EQ. As for the durability, well.. I actually broke the foot switch of my Joyo Deluxe Crunch after a show last night.. and to think it was just the second time I gigged it. :-o Badtrip. :cry:

Sa anong stomp nai-clone yung crunch deluxe? I was actually thinking of getting your crunch deluxe in my pursuit of understanding PCBs since I'm into DIY stomp boxes too these days (PMed you actually  :-P). Yesterday, just for curiosity, I opened up my joyo vintage overdrive just to take a peek of the gut. Nakapa compressed ng PCB ng joyo. And the wiring of the footswitch was in PCB form too. I can't seem to find any schematic layout for joyo on the net. Which made me think twice na mahirap ayusin yung footswitch, if ever yun yung nasira, kung walang schematic layout.  :eek:

Do-it-yourself tirada!

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1693 on: March 18, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
Sa anong stomp nai-clone yung crunch deluxe? I was actually thinking of getting your crunch deluxe in my pursuit of understanding PCBs since I'm into DIY stomp boxes too these days (PMed you actually  :-P). Yesterday, just for curiosity, I opened up my joyo vintage overdrive just to take a peek of the gut. Nakapa compressed ng PCB ng joyo. And the wiring of the footswitch was in PCB form too. I can't seem to find any schematic layout for joyo on the net. Which made me think twice na mahirap ayusin yung footswitch, if ever yun yung nasira, kung walang schematic layout. :eek:

What? AFAIK, that's just a regular truebypass wiring sa 3PDT switch. Look closer. Minount lang sa PCB yung switch para sa isang side lang nakasolder lahat ng wires.

Offline shoegazer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1694 on: March 18, 2013, 10:52:16 AM »
Sa anong stomp nai-clone yung crunch deluxe? I was actually thinking of getting your crunch deluxe in my pursuit of understanding PCBs since I'm into DIY stomp boxes too these days (PMed you actually  :-P). Yesterday, just for curiosity, I opened up my joyo vintage overdrive just to take a peek of the gut. Nakapa compressed ng PCB ng joyo. And the wiring of the footswitch was in PCB form too. I can't seem to find any schematic layout for joyo on the net. Which made me think twice na mahirap ayusin yung footswitch, if ever yun yung nasira, kung walang schematic layout.  :eek:

It's essentially a crunch distortion/crunch box with an added presence knob and more gain. As sir r_chino18 said, naka-mount lang yung 3pdt foot switch sa board. Kailangan lang ng de-soldering kit to remove it.. unfortunately, I neither have the kit nor the confidence to fix it myself. Baka nga itabi ko na lang muna and tsaka gawan ng paraan pag nagkaron na ako ng free time. Really miss the sounds I could get from it. My other dirt pedal, the Us Dream, just can't cut the mix for rhythm tones like the CD does. 

Offline blackberry04

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1695 on: March 27, 2013, 11:48:11 PM »

Current set-up

Sir how yang ganyang Deluxe Crunch? Saka sang store meron? Thanks in advance

Offline Mr.cLEEn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1696 on: April 01, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »
Sir how yang ganyang Deluxe Crunch? Saka sang store meron? Thanks in advance
Lazer music ang exclusive distributor ng Joyo and mooer pedals. :-D

Offline voldemort

« Reply #1697 on: April 01, 2013, 02:58:16 PM »
Lazer music ang exclusive distributor ng Joyo and mooer pedals. :-D

sir kelan sale hehe
makalyo ang daliri

Offline chocotech27

• Netizen Level
« Reply #1698 on: April 09, 2013, 09:55:04 AM »
Sir kaya ba ng power supply ng joyo ang mga boss effects i mean wala bang hum issue pag ginamit ang joyo Power supply sa boss? 
Thanks!

Offline wat_see_not

« Reply #1699 on: April 09, 2013, 12:42:30 PM »
Para sakin okay ang Joyo Extreme Metal Drive. Although medyo matalas ang tunog niya, swak siya sa bigat na kelangan, adjust lang ng konti sa amp and ready to play na.  :)

plug ko lang, sample demo ng joyo extreme metal pedal :) 

feature=youtu.be

pakidelete nalang po kung bawal. salamat!
He calls me friend
http://www.youtube.com/user/dondinoy (if you have time)