hulika

Author Topic: Are you afraid that your GAS might get healed?  (Read 7055 times)

Offline jmreyes

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Are you afraid that your GAS might get healed?
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
The words GAS and HEALED never work in the same sentence.  :lol:
LF: Mojo

Offline shredmaestrobri

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2010, 03:55:00 PM »
I beg to disagree with anyone saying that contentment is the cure for GAS. Money, or lack thereof, is the cure for GAS. Anyone with cash to burn will always be afflicted with GAS because he can afford to be afflicted with it. I am willing to bet that if you give any "contented" fellow a $1000 gift cheque for gear, chances are he will accept it. That is not true contentment. Sinungaling lang magsasabi ng "ay, hindi na.. contented na ako". BS. It is simply human nature. The sad truth is that anyone who says he is contented says so because in reality he has no choice but to be contented.

PS - its good to be back. hehe

yun na!

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2010, 04:11:35 PM »
what about those who later realize they dont really need all those fancy pedals and decide to go straight to amp instead? contentment may be expressed in other forms as well, like buying only what suits him best. knowing your priorities also helps cure gas, and gaining knowledge over time of what he simply needs vs. what his wallet could accommodate.

there is a world of difference between GAS and smart spending IMO.

I agree, knowing your priorities will definitely help subdue GAS. For those who realize they prefer going straight to amp - downsizing doesnt necessarily mean wanting less, it just means they want something different. There is still the amp and guitar to improve on. They still "want".

Yes, proper knowledge of what you are spending on is extremely important. However, strictly speaking, buying what is most practical does not always translate to contentment. You fulfill the need, but not the desire. Settling for less is contentment by default - just as I mentioned in my earlier post, you have no choice but to subdue your desire because you are driven to be practical. It is wise, but only if you concede to the fact that there is still something better out there. In most cases, you know that you do not need it, but you still know you want it. Practicality is relative to capacity, so like I said.. most people who have the cash to burn (all other priorities considered) will suffer from GAS. Contentment, just like anything in this world, is temporary so it is not a cure.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that the only way to cure GAS is to give in. lol. kidding :lol:

There is actually NO PERMANENT CURE - except getting another hobby.
Music is perpetual, and only the hearing is intermittent.

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2010, 04:58:26 PM »
hindi ako nakakapag isip ng GAS kung nagagamit ko yung gear, pero kagaya ngayon nasa office lang ako
at walang work load.... wala akong ibang maisip kundi mag browse ng kung anu ano  :evil:

pero ayokong gumastos ngayon, pick lang siguro  :lol:

Offline Prinny Unknown

« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2010, 04:59:47 PM »
nagtataka lang ako kung ano ibig sabihin ng GAS
sorry newbie lang po ako

Offline Musikerochan

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 05:11:42 PM »
depende din kasi sa tao yan. kahit pa bilyonaryo pa yan kung solved na lahat ang mga wants nya sa gear nya eh siguradong subdued na ang GAS nyan kahit he still has money to burn. when you have already identified what you really need versus what you just want at the moment, ultimately darating yung panahon na GAS becomes a thing of your past.

still, i go by the contentment thing. when you already know and have what you need regardless of the price/quality/quantity/other factors, kahit pa siguro may extra ka pang cash eh you wont be spending foolishly on impluse buys that you know will serve no purpose naman pala but to add to your collection of unused gear that were only bought because "cool" magkameron nung item na yun, but consequently having very little use pala.

ah, kaming mere mortals :evil:

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
^^^ masarap yata feeling yung kuntento na sa gear kahit na sobra sobra budget makabili ng kung anu ano
kesa sa marami ng pambili hindi pa rin makuntento  :lol:

hindi ko pa nararamdaman kasi...

:-D

Offline dark_7

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »
..every artist was first an amateur..

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »
^^ me too.

@rm, wala na bang pwede ibaba yung quote price ng Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul GX?  :-D :-D :-D

teka , nagbigay ba ako ng quote price nito? lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2010, 08:10:41 PM »
depende din kasi sa tao yan. kahit pa bilyonaryo pa yan kung solved na lahat ang mga wants nya sa gear nya eh siguradong subdued na ang GAS nyan kahit he still has money to burn. when you have already identified what you really need versus what you just want at the moment, ultimately darating yung panahon na GAS becomes a thing of your past.

still, i go by the contentment thing. when you already know and have what you need regardless of the price/quality/quantity/other factors, kahit pa siguro may extra ka pang cash eh you wont be spending foolishly on impluse buys that you know will serve no purpose naman pala but to add to your collection of unused gear that were only bought because "cool" magkameron nung item na yun, but consequently having very little use pala.

One's lifestyle is directly affected by his/her financial capability, so kahit milyonaryo hindi pa rin yan nakokontento dahil ang difference lang nila sa atin ay mas mahal at mas esoteric ang mga inaasam nila. It is human nature to desire. As one becomes more knowledgeable and exposed, the wants do not go away - they simply evolve. Even if you have identified your needs vs wants, nandun pa rin yung 'wants'. In other words, GAS. Or maybe we have different definitions of both contentment and GAS? Contentment for me is satisfying both needs AND wants. Which IMO is close to impossible kasi it is constantly evolving. In any case, I humbly respect your opinion.

Offline Roller_Caster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2010, 08:16:52 PM »
nagtataka lang ako kung ano ibig sabihin ng GAS
sorry newbie lang po ako

Gear Accusation Syndrome

Offline Roller_Caster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2010, 08:22:13 PM »
Remove your internet connection, you will be healed

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2010, 08:26:39 PM »
Bakit naman magiging AFRAID? diba mas maganda kung walang gas para naka concentrate ka na sa playing?

Offline boogsy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2010, 08:36:51 PM »
Gear Accusation Syndrome

Acquisition po.

Offline bazgrol0413

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2010, 08:39:26 PM »
References: turigilliano, kulas, micsis, bh, deltaslim, Saturn/Return, spankyrigor, ejbasses, Red_Strat, alvin_ching5782, alvinratsim, mandoytz, trix, jetleebog, BrianLP, mr.brownstone, ajct3, yahu, weeping_demon, scofield, lovecore, teleclem

Offline samuelfianza

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2010, 08:39:59 PM »
Gear Accusation Syndrome

:lol: peace. peace.

Offline firewaterjem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2010, 08:42:37 PM »
Gear Accusation Syndrome

hehehehehe   :-D

if i'm earning like $5,000USD a month...

i don't want it to get healed   :-D

Offline lionman68

• Netizen Level
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2010, 08:49:51 PM »
IMO GAS is incurable :-D, at ok den para saken na di na it won't be cured kase atleast may mga goals ka na sineset para sa sarili mo, tsaka it helps den na mag-GAS kase mas gaganahan ka mag practice pag maganda ang gear mo... :-D :-D

Acquisition po.
I LOLed... peace brutha

Offline gwenmoyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2010, 09:15:17 PM »
whoa! nice rig you got there, DINOSAUR!!!

Offline iron_fist

« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2010, 09:17:15 PM »
Gear Accusation Syndrome

:-D

i thought i was already healed, i don't know why, but still, i'm keep on looking at the classifieds.
I'm Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2010, 09:20:20 PM »
I beg to disagree with anyone saying that contentment is the cure for GAS. Money, or lack thereof, is the cure for GAS. Anyone with cash to burn will always be afflicted with GAS because he can afford to be afflicted with it. I am willing to bet that if you give any "contented" fellow a $1000 gift cheque for gear, chances are he will accept it. That is not true contentment. Sinungaling lang magsasabi ng "ay, hindi na.. contented na ako". BS. It is simply human nature. The sad truth is that anyone who says he is contented says so because in reality he has no choice but to be contented.

PS - its good to be back. hehe
+1 Naalala ko tuloy few months back yun thread kung saan may nagpost sa GC na his GAS is cured. LOL.  :lol:

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2010, 09:22:21 PM »
ano ang kasalanan ng mga gear? sino nag-akusa?  :-o :-o :-o
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline tambaloloy

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »
eto ang sakit na walang lunas...
Successful Transaction:
masterchoxter | xaero | Yahoo! | john... | LouieAzcona | dread_head | spliffbwoy | bhaahchico | kolantro2neh | sonnet | palmmuteboi

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 10:05:24 PM »
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 10:11:11 PM »
Gear Accusation Syndrome

You win the internet bro... Peace.  :-D