hulika

Author Topic: Philmusic Car Club *merged* (with Driving 101)  (Read 953683 times)

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Philmusic Car Club *merged* (with Driving 101)
« Reply #1550 on: April 14, 2015, 02:44:47 AM »
I don't know ha.

I understand his Chapman-esque philosophy of a light weight chassis, and a small but powerful motor. But let's
face it - a 4G63 fully done to match the power of current supercars can and has been done. the problem is how
reliable will it be on the street, and one of Mr. Aurelio's selling points is something that could be owned by normal
folk and driven normally. And to make a supercar made of chopped parts that can be had at a surplus shop? Even the
famed NSX, helped along in the design stage by no less than Ayrton Senna is not a supercar. Fuel economy daw ang concern niya,
who among the world's supercar makers are concerned with that?

Then comes the issue of how its looks precludes its supposed performance, from an aesthetic standpoint. ibang issue
pa yung functionality of the design, and how it's supposed to work. Wind tunnel testing and aerodynamics are tested
out on extensively, even on street cars...I don't see how they could've done it.

Safety...

The list of doubts among serious car guys goes on. My list might even go longer...

If you ask me, they should've focused on a more street friendly design, and started out with a more realistic goal like being
a kit car maker (Rapid 7 can use some competition) since Mr. Aurelio seems to be infatuated with the idea of a fast 4-cyl car.

Make no mistake though, I like the design, I really do.

The design of the car is very nice, it's just barking too loudly and not getting enough punch. I wonder how it will do if say
John Hennessey got his hands on one, or if MINE'S was made to tweak it's suspension.

Natawa pa ako sa comment niya on fb about how F1 teams get ungodly amounts of budget, and should not fail, but he on
the other hand is on a shoestring budget but is achieving something... medyo nalabuan ako because F1 teams have that much
budget as they have sponsors, and are competing at the highest levels of motorsport... typical Pinoy against the world mentality.

yeah I would agree with a properly done 1st gen 4G63t would do the job i have seen evo's beating lambo's and matching up with supercars  :) medyo radical lang ang design. hehe para saakin yung mga v6 na galing cefiro or yung mga galing ng exepedition pwede na hehe. or put it a rotary hahaha

it will best it on the strip yes, but for it to drive hundreds of miles on end, i would highly doubt it.

sure it could be done, the most powerful F1 engine ever put together was a 4cyl, squeezed out at 1,500 hp for qualifying. but it's a
racing engine, certainly not street friendly.

the current most powerful, stock 4cyl engine is the one on the FQ400 / Evo X at 400hp. but an Evo X is not a supercar
although we all know it would slay regular supercars for breakfast, and the FQ400 is not a supercar engine. and part of what makes
a supercar "super" is that it's blisteringly fast, out of the box, straight from the factory.

what the Aurelio needs to be is to be itself, its own, not something it is certainly not.

i forgot to go to MIAS to see it, i am kinda eyeing to go see the Aurelio shop in person so I can finally write about it  :-D
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 09:44:16 AM by fizz450_03 »
Bedroom Rock Guitar

check out my blog @ http://lifeinadreamlessworld.wordpress.com

Offline mammonchipz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1551 on: April 14, 2015, 02:03:32 PM »
if you have doubts about it, you might want to consider someone more experienced to drive it.

nung nag aaral pa ako mag drive, we didn't really touch on how to drive on a mountain road. but i did spend a lot of time
practicing yung naka bitin ako sa slope then driving off. i believe that helped in giving me confidence to tackle such road conditions.

i personally do not see why people are scared of kenon road, maybe it's because a lot of old folks played it up as being very dangerous
to drive on. the only time it will become truly dangerous is if the person driving doesn't know what he's doing. i see it though as not
being very pleasant to drive on kasi andaming ginagawa. kung first time mo mag baguio, sa marcos highway ka na dumaan, much smoother
and the road is much wider  :)

it will best it on the strip yes, but for it to drive hundreds of miles on end, i would highly doubt it.

sure it could be done, the most powerful F1 engine ever put together was a 4cyl, squeezed out at 1,500 hp for qualifying. but it's a
racing engine, certainly not street friendly.

the current most powerful, stock 4cyl engine is the one on the FQ400 / Evo X at 400hp. but an Evo X is not a supercar
although we all know it would slay regular supercars for breakfast, and the FQ400 is not a supercar engine. and part of what makes
a supercar "super" is that it's blisteringly fast, out of the box, straight from the factory.

what the Aurelio needs to be is to be itself, its own, not something it is certainly not.

i forgot to go to MIAS to see it, i am kinda eyeing to go see the Aurelio shop in person so I can finally write about it  :-D

yep yan din ang punto ko when it comes to his design. its nice naman but not really a super car for me  :-D :-D

Wala si Aurelio sa Mias galing ako nung sunday though Kit of night rider was there :)
BARYA LNG TLGA SA UMAGA!!!!

Offline Shred_22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1552 on: April 14, 2015, 04:36:29 PM »
if you have doubts about it, you might want to consider someone more experienced to drive it.

nung nag aaral pa ako mag drive, we didn't really touch on how to drive on a mountain road. but i did spend a lot of time
practicing yung naka bitin ako sa slope then driving off. i believe that helped in giving me confidence to tackle such road conditions.

i personally do not see why people are scared of kenon road, maybe it's because a lot of old folks played it up as being very dangerous
to drive on. the only time it will become truly dangerous is if the person driving doesn't know what he's doing. i see it though as not
being very pleasant to drive on kasi andaming ginagawa. kung first time mo mag baguio, sa marcos highway ka na dumaan, much smoother
and the road is much wider  :)

yep bro yun nga eh yung madami ako nakakausap na sabi mahirap daw kaya medyo nag worry ako :( anyway di ko naman malalaman kung di susubukan mag handa nalang din ako ng mga pang kalso if ever mabitin at ma full stop while hanging hahaha

Offline mammonchipz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1553 on: April 14, 2015, 06:07:58 PM »
yep bro yun nga eh yung madami ako nakakausap na sabi mahirap daw kaya medyo nag worry ako :( anyway di ko naman malalaman kung di susubukan mag handa nalang din ako ng mga pang kalso if ever mabitin at ma full stop while hanging hahaha

if mabitin ka man don't panic hehe handbrake agad anyways just don't be wreckles and don't drive fast medyo tricky ang mountain roads. lalo na kapag gabi. nasubukan ko na kapag gabi hirap na hirap ako dahil puro blind curve at matarik

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1554 on: April 15, 2015, 02:27:21 AM »

mag-isa ka ba bbyahe?

pag nabitin ka, never rely on your handbrake. itapak mo na sa brake pedal so you have all four wheels biting on the brakes.
from there, tsaka mo iwork out na umusad agad. do not think na mabibitinan ka kasi pag nangyari yun, mahirap, remember other
cars would be on your tail kasi paakyat kayo. kung medyo alangan, wag na kumambyo into higher gear, pwede naman gapangin paakyat
using 2nd gear or worse, 1st gear.

i don't really see how it's "mahirap" pero sa ngayon di ko choice dumaan ng kenon because the road isn't as smooth as it
used to be, and I avoid bumpy rides hangga't maari.

kung di mo maiiwasan talaga, the first thing you should do is relax - pag takot ka or prone to panic, mahihirapan ka umakyat ng bundok.
chill ka lang, drive as you would anywhere. hayaan mo yung mga kwentuhan ng tao na "eh naakyat ko nga ang kenon ng 40 minutes" -
hindi to Initial D.

then make sure your ride is up to the task pero sa pagkakatanda ko bago naman oto mo so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

pag paakyat ka, you can use gravity to slow your car down without relying much on brakes ymmv. pag pababa ka, brake into the corner NOT WHILE IN
the corner, a lot of people do this. and always keep your transmission engaged, not in neutral, although for modern cars like the 2014
Vios I recently used in Baguio, they don't seem to be that responsive to engine braking. still keeping it in gear assures you there will
be no sudden weight shift because the car is slowing down.

@ mammon

ah sayang. akala ko papunta siya sa MIAS. so i guess if i want to see it, off to Sta. Rosa talaga  :-D
Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1555 on: April 15, 2015, 10:51:57 AM »

"eh naakyat ko nga ang kenon ng 40 minutes" -
hindi to Initial D.

pag paakyat ka, you can use gravity to slow your car down without relying much on brakes ymmv. pag pababa ka, brake into the corner NOT WHILE IN
the corner,
a lot of people do this.

tawa ako dun sa Initial D  :lol:

most people break in the corner. sa flat city roads usually di mo mapapansin yung effect, pero maaamplify yung effect nyan downhill. inertia + weight shift + downward angle = tataob sideways ang kotse.
https://soundcloud.com/sonicassault
Turn up the sympathsizer and give me more waffle.
olive oil garlic tomatoes salt pepper basil oregano thyme chili

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1556 on: April 15, 2015, 11:59:35 AM »
usapang baguio ah heheh

tanong.. buhay pa ba yung "Puno sa Gitna ng Daan" sa Luwakan Road?

sabi nila lahat daw ng nagtangkang pumutol nun eh namamatay
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1557 on: April 15, 2015, 12:01:52 PM »
usapang baguio ah heheh

tanong.. buhay pa ba yung "Puno sa Gitna ng Daan" sa Luwakan Road?

sabi nila lahat daw ng nagtangkang pumutol nun eh namamatay

tree cutting ceremony kasama ang mga pulitikong kurakot  :wink:

Online rockophoria

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1558 on: April 15, 2015, 12:03:50 PM »
tree cutting ceremony kasama ang mga pulitikong kurakot  :wink:

poowede pards! hahahaha
imma badass!! <funky guitar rift>

Offline mammonchipz

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1559 on: April 15, 2015, 02:19:07 PM »

mag-isa ka ba bbyahe?

pag nabitin ka, never rely on your handbrake. itapak mo na sa brake pedal so you have all four wheels biting on the brakes.
from there, tsaka mo iwork out na umusad agad. do not think na mabibitinan ka kasi pag nangyari yun, mahirap, remember other
cars would be on your tail kasi paakyat kayo. kung medyo alangan, wag na kumambyo into higher gear, pwede naman gapangin paakyat

i don't really see how it's "mahirap" pero sa ngayon di ko choice dumaan ng kenon because the road isn't as smooth as it

kung di mo maiiwasan talaga, the first thing you should do is relax - pag takot ka or prone to panic, mahihirapan ka umakyat ng bundok.
chill ka lang, drive as you would anywhere. hayaan mo yung mga kwentuhan ng tao na "eh naakyat ko nga ang kenon ng 40 minutes" -
hindi to Initial D.

then make sure your ride is up to the task pero sa pagkakatanda ko bago naman oto mo so that shouldn't be much of a problem.

the corner, a lot of people do this. and always keep your transmission engaged, not in neutral, although for modern cars like the 2014
Vios I recently used in Baguio, they don't seem to be that responsive to engine braking. still keeping it in gear assures you there will

@ mammon

ah sayang. akala ko papunta siya sa MIAS. so i guess if i want to see it, off to Sta. Rosa talaga  :-D

yep pre wala si aurelio dun well gusto ko din makita eh ..

and yung sa downhill pala never coast in neutral si erpats ganito eh sabi ko delikado mag coast ng neutral dapat laging na engage ang gear I remember the first time pinag drive ko sila going to infanta bro sabi saakin ng erpats ko mag nuetral na daw ako pa baba, sabi ko delikado yun hehe

Offline Shred_22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1560 on: April 15, 2015, 07:59:19 PM »

mag-isa ka ba bbyahe?

hindi to Initial D.

may kasama ko bro 5 kami so mas mahirap kasi madaming sakay mas mabigat oto haha..

ang iniisip ko lang yung tipong sa curve bigla kang may makasalubong so magulat ka at mag brake or may makasalubong kang naka high beam so mag brake ka tapos baka kapusin na.

sa pababa wala naman problema kaso yun nga din napapansin ko sakin madalas ako sa pababa naka neutral lang at free driving kahit hindi sa pababa kahit sa nlex or edsa pag mabilis na ko tapos maluwag daan nag neutral nalang ako tapos brake brake nalang. masama ba yun? kesa naka neutral much better na naka pasok nalang sa gear?

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1561 on: April 16, 2015, 02:20:11 AM »
tawa ako dun sa Initial D  :lol:

most people break in the corner. sa flat city roads usually di mo mapapansin yung effect, pero maaamplify yung effect nyan downhill. inertia + weight shift + downward angle = tataob sideways ang kotse.

napansin ko kasi na very prevalent sa mga ating pinoy drivers young showboating ba tipong "ako nga tinawid ko NLEX ng 45 minutes" or "galing ako ng San Pedro hanggang Mandaluyong e halos bente minutos lang" and we tend to belittle those who are learning. yung mga natututo pa lang siyempre, in an attempt to be in the status quo, babanat nga naman para may maikwento siya.  :-D tapos magkakaproblema tsk

tama ka paps, sa siyudad di gaano problema mamreno sa liko kaso sa bundok..... :-o

@ rock

yan ang di ko napansin paps, parang wala na ata yang puno na yan sa Loakan. yan yung may white lady daw di ba?  :idea:

@ shred

madami pala kayo hehe pakiramdaman mo paps yung akyat. pag medyo nahihirapan kahit igapang mo na yung 3rd or 2nd gear. basta may bwelo makakaakyat ka  :-D

@ mammon

hehe tama ka sir, scary [gooey brown stuff] yung coasting downhill ng naka neutral.
Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline inexperience

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #1562 on: April 16, 2015, 11:39:32 AM »
Just got curious jan sa braking while in the corner, nakita ko sa wiki its called trail braking, sabi ok naman sya gawin kung alam mo yung limit ng sasakyan, sabi it reduces understeering. i was recalling kung ginagawa ko sya, lol. i think i do brakes before the turn and nag memenor lang ako while in the turn na naka enagage yung gear.
"creeping deeaath"

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1563 on: April 16, 2015, 12:02:35 PM »
Just got curious jan sa braking while in the corner, nakita ko sa wiki its called trail braking, sabi ok naman sya gawin kung alam mo yung limit ng sasakyan, sabi it reduces understeering. i was recalling kung ginagawa ko sya, lol. i think i do brakes before the turn and nag memenor lang ako while in the turn na naka enagage yung gear.

reduces understeering, kasi madadagdagan mo naman yung tendency to oversteer para mas madali mag "turn-in" yung kotse sa isang corner. good in racing, bad for commuters who don't really have any mastery of weight balance  :)

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1564 on: April 17, 2015, 08:17:52 AM »

this is true, but you'll need a driver who's very familiar with his car's limits OR a driver who can sense and grasp a car's limit. i highly prefer this over braking into the corner, because you can brake much later than normal.

braking into the corner is one basic technique for the track, you can carry over to trail braking after mastering the basics of braking into the corner. a related technique is threshold braking wherein you use your brakes at the very limits of its power : maximum stopping power, but not locking up the brakes (non-ABS) which is why ABS was introduced because not everyone will want to learn how far their brakes go before they lock

the problem is not all drivers know the limits of their cars, so say one does this into a corner at speed. he doesn't know his car's limits, boom, understeer and hello sa retaining wall.

we all subconsciously do this at some level though  :-P :lol: and at speeds that won't cause problems. and tapping on the brakes while in a corner does help correct turn-in towards the clipping point.
Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1565 on: April 17, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »
this is true, but you'll need a driver who's very familiar with his car's limits OR a driver who can sense and grasp a car's limit. i highly prefer this over braking into the corner, because you can brake much later than normal.

braking into the corner is one basic technique for the track, you can carry over to trail braking after mastering the basics of braking into the corner. a related technique is threshold braking wherein you use your brakes at the very limits of its power : maximum stopping power, but not locking up the brakes (non-ABS) which is why ABS was introduced because not everyone will want to learn how far their brakes go before they lock

the problem is not all drivers know the limits of their cars, so say one does this into a corner at speed. he doesn't know his car's limits, boom, understeer and hello sa retaining wall.

we all subconsciously do this at some level though  :-P :lol: and at speeds that won't cause problems. and tapping on the brakes while in a corner does help correct turn-in towards the clipping point.

and not everyone knows how to actually reach that limit. kahit nga light tap lang mapapascreech ka pag tama yung pitik, may certain touch sya. and it also helps if your car doesn't have ABS para feel mo pati yung point bago sya mag lockup  na hindi lang bigla sisipa si ABS.

speaking of ABS, more than a safety feature, may use ba ito as a driving technique?

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1566 on: April 17, 2015, 12:20:57 PM »
and not everyone knows how to actually reach that limit. kahit nga light tap lang mapapascreech ka pag tama yung pitik, may certain touch sya. and it also helps if your car doesn't have ABS para feel mo pati yung point bago sya mag lockup  na hindi lang bigla sisipa si ABS.

speaking of ABS, more than a safety feature, may use ba ito as a driving technique?

there will be no more technique kung may ABS bro  :-D  but so far i haven't encountered any technique kung meron man.

race cars don't have it and people who prefer an exciting car want to go without it.

tama ka, may split second lag between the moment that the brakes lock the wheels and for the ABS to release pressure
to keep the wheels spinning  :-D

very few people drive their cars to reach their limits, and learn to tread those limits. far more people drive to the their
car's limit but does not know what to do after they reach the limit. i stay away sa mga usapang "yung oto ko nga 140
sa skyway". it bores me to hell. i'm more interested in "...mula marcos highway hanggang ungos (real) ng isa't kalahating oras".  :lol:
Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1567 on: April 17, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
there will be no more technique kung may ABS bro  :-D  but so far i haven't encountered any technique kung meron man.

race cars don't have it and people who prefer an exciting car want to go without it.

tama ka, may split second lag between the moment that the brakes lock the wheels and for the ABS to release pressure

very few people drive their cars to reach their limits, and learn to tread those limits. far more people drive to the their
car's limit but does not know what to do after they reach the limit. i stay away sa mga usapang "yung oto ko nga 140
sa skyway". it bores me to hell. i'm more interested in "...mula marcos highway hanggang ungos (real) ng isa't kalahating oras".  :lol:

na-curious lang, kasi kung ang microwave na hindi legit chef's tool ay nagkaroon na ng cooking technique, baka lang ang ABS meron para sa kotse  :lol:

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1568 on: April 17, 2015, 03:21:58 PM »

pwede na ba tagaytay to makati in 25 minutes HAHAHAHAHA
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1569 on: April 17, 2015, 04:50:23 PM »

toll gate pa lang yun ah

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1570 on: April 17, 2015, 05:08:13 PM »
toll gate pa lang yun ah

shortcuts, and offpeak.
hahaha ako binibiyak ko muna yung wetpaks para makita kung may yellow thingy hahahaha

Offline sonicassault

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1571 on: April 17, 2015, 05:11:42 PM »
shortcuts, and offpeak.

parang magic  :lol:

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1572 on: April 18, 2015, 02:45:38 AM »

antinde!!!  :lol:

hindi ko halos maisip pano ito magagawa, san dumaan yan?  :lol:

na-curious lang, kasi kung ang microwave na hindi legit chef's tool ay nagkaroon na ng cooking technique, baka lang ang ABS meron para sa kotse  :lol:

that we'll have to wait and see hehe tinakbo dati sa Touge 200 sa BMI yung Yashio Factory Vitz, naweirdan sila Tsuchiya sa ABS
hehe pero tingin ko pag may ABS at least hindi na mag aaral ng threshold braking  :-P

Bedroom Rock Guitar

Offline Ralph_Petrucci

• Namamasko po!
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #1573 on: April 20, 2015, 11:33:19 AM »

antinde!!!  :lol:

hindi ko halos maisip pano ito magagawa, san dumaan yan?  :lol:

that we'll have to wait and see hehe tinakbo dati sa Touge 200 sa BMI yung Yashio Factory Vitz, naweirdan sila Tsuchiya sa ABS
hehe pero tingin ko pag may ABS at least hindi na mag aaral ng threshold braking  :-P

greenfield, slex at 3am. walang kataotao. tapos hataw. hahahahaha

Offline fizz450_03

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1574 on: April 21, 2015, 09:42:00 AM »

greenfield, slex at 3am. walang kataotao. tapos hataw. hahahahaha

from greenfield or mula sa ridge mismo? matinde!  :razz:

pinaka mabilis na naakyat ko tagaytay was 57 minutes, galing shaw blvd. sa coastal - aguinaldo ako dumaan para hardcore  :-D
Bedroom Rock Guitar