hulika

Author Topic: Im Thinking if there's ANYONE from POGI ROCK here?  (Read 5075 times)

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
Im Thinking if there's ANYONE from POGI ROCK here?
« on: July 14, 2006, 11:58:06 AM »
Meron kayang FORUMITE dto na miyembro ng

POGI ROCK's BAND?

Taas kamay wag mahiya...

hehehehehehe

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 12:06:37 PM »
Pogi kaming magkakapatid pero hard rock banat namin.  Kung labsong man, power ballads lang.  Does that count?  Hehehehehehe...
 8)

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 12:32:59 PM »
hehe im not pogi pero the rest of the band say they are. we play experimental. does that count as well?

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
Pogi rocks who are member of DOUCHE,HALE "R" etc.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 12:35:09 PM »
Yun yung mga bandang commercialized na.

Offline The D

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »
Quote from: paengkee
hehe im not pogi pero the rest of the band say they are. we play experimental. does that count as well?

Ganda ng kasama mong girl sa avatar tol..hehe

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 12:52:14 PM »
Rather than malign other musicians, i'd rather spend my time on more productive things, like honing my craft. If that's what they want to play, so be it. If people buy it, then good for them. It shouldn't affect me as a musician. No offense, but a lot of people who diss pogi rockers and their ilk actually have a lot of proving to do themselves.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 01:08:21 PM »
And why should looking good be an issue when you're a musician? Would you say the Beatles were musical cretins just because a lot of girlies screamed at Paul's looks, John's crazy hair, George's appealing silence or Ringo's wild animal of the jungle drum antics? On the other side of the coin, would you say Cueshe is a musically acceptable group because all of them are utterly repulsive on the physical level?

It only becomes an issue when it's the motivation behind a musical endeavour, as moot as the term might apply to this scenario. If one is musically talented AND genetically gifted with great skin and cheek bones, I don't think he should be lambasted at all. That would just show how insecure you are.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 01:25:58 PM »
the lead guitarist of cueshe is actually pretty good. honestly. i just dont like their songs thats all. lyrically. and commercially.

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 01:32:49 PM »
Ito pinaka pogi pero alang banda

[/img]

Offline paengkee

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 01:36:26 PM »
Quote from: The D

Ganda ng kasama mong girl sa avatar tol..hehe

ah hehe lalang. shes pretty aint she?

oh yeah...

ontopic: some of these mainstream musicians are in it for the money. but for good reason. its a living. its a career. and like a good conglomerate, they are the employees, and there is a boss (the record company). i must admit, as much as i dont like the music they put out, the talent of philippine musicians, rather the number of talented musicians, has increased dramatically.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2006, 02:10:18 PM »

ontopic: ....i must admit, as much as i dont like the music they put out, the talent of philippine musicians, rather the number of talented musicians, has increased dramatically.

I hate to sound like a positivist but do you have figures for that? The population of the Philippines has been constantly increasing so that would account for the absolute number of musically talented people. But if we're talking about the ratio of such people to the general populace, I would think that it would roughly be in the same number. I'm not trying to say that it's not growing, but all I'm arguing for is that I won't budge until I see concrete proof - which is in a way a bit problematic since the subject itself is one that heavily relies on personal taste. ;)
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline skayote

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2006, 03:58:41 PM »
pero in my opinion..having good looks is a bonus when performing live
"give me a paper and pen so i could write about my life of sin"

Offline RJVMC

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2006, 05:20:34 PM »
Let's quote Steven Tyler regarding looks and rock n'roll: "Music is an ear and a visual thing." Or Gene Simmons: "Looks is everything, last thing I wanna see is a band of musicians who look like roadies."

You just have to look the part. Play the part.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2006, 05:24:15 PM »
Quote from: RJVMC
Let's quote Steven Tyler regarding looks and rock n'roll: "Music is an ear and a visual thing." Or Gene Simmons: "Looks is everything, last thing I wanna see is a band of musicians who look like roadies."

not sure if youre kidding.. but Tyler and Simmons are ugly MOFOs

Offline RJVMC

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2006, 05:48:23 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

Here's another ugly MOFO:

Offline wutuwutu

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 05:52:19 PM »
share lang ako... hindi naman ako pogi pero cute lang..heheh anyway, napasali ako sa isang "pogi" band, en ang gaan gaan ng feeling ng ngsisigawan mga gurls sau este sa banda pala, maski simple riff lang..hayyy mga gurls... :lol:
Steady lang...

Offline skayote

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn

Here's another ugly MOFO:

ugly...pero they think theyre good looking hehe. feeling sila eh

pero malay mo..gwapo sila sa ibang tao

beauty is in the eye of the beholder
"give me a paper and pen so i could write about my life of sin"

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 06:23:41 PM »

ontopic: some of these mainstream musicians are in it for the money. but for good reason. its a living. its a career. and like a good conglomerate, they are the employees, and there is a boss (the record company). i must admit, as much as i dont like the music they put out, the talent of philippine musicians, rather the number of talented musicians, has increased dramatically.

+1
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »
Pogi rock or whatever THEY just want to make a living....You dont like em let em be. Bitchin bout them is so  8)passe
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 01:20:13 AM »
Quote from: titser_marco
And why should looking good be an issue when you're a musician? Would you say the Beatles were musical cretins just because a lot of girlies screamed at Paul's looks, John's crazy hair, George's appealing silence or Ringo's wild animal of the jungle drum antics? On the other side of the coin, would you say Cueshe is a musically acceptable group because all of them are utterly repulsive on the physical level?

It only becomes an issue when it's the motivation behind a musical endeavour, as moot as the term might apply to this scenario. If one is musically talented AND genetically gifted with great skin and cheek bones, I don't think he should be lambasted at all. That would just show how insecure you are.

Did you just compare the Beatles to [gooey brown stuff]? Both bands may have legions of girlie-fans screaming their names until they're hoarse or wetting their panties over their pictures but when it comes to musical integrity & quality the Beatles [gooey brown stuff] over Cueshe. The Beatles experimented with their music & added jazz & Middle Eastern influences to it & still sounded good whereas Cueshe wrote generic, mediocre ballads for teenage girls to swoon over & were sometimes accused of ripping off other bands, so comparing both bands is asinine.

Offline progressive_pilipinas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2006, 05:25:20 AM »
pagpindot ko palang ng C# sa 14th fret.. TIIIIIINGGG!!!!

AAAAARRGH!!! IWAB YO!!! IWAB YO!!!

haha! may sira nanaman tornilyo ko.. ok balik topic na.. hehe
The fretboard is a vast universe.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2006, 06:20:21 AM »
Quote from: progressive_pilipinas
pagpindot ko palang ng C# sa 14th fret.. TIIIIIINGGG!!!!

AAAAARRGH!!! IWAB YO!!! IWAB YO!!!

haha! may sira nanaman tornilyo ko.. ok balik topic na.. hehe

Hehehe, naalala ko tuloy yung isang commercial ng Axe. Kahit sintunado na nga yung tunog ng gitara nung lalake tilian pa rin yung mga bebot sa kanya. Sana nga merong totoong "Axe Land".

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2006, 07:10:31 AM »

When the Beatles came out it was an invasion. The states was swamped.
Brian Wilson was a pop genius. He was a pop genius but all that went down the drain when the lovable, more marketable Love Me Do fab four came along.
You can say coz the Beatles looked much more pogi than the Beach Boys there and coz of that fact even though they were better musicians in the beggining.

This is sad but true.........the Beatles ruled in the end though as their music evolved but pogi rock rin sila noon 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline agentx44

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2006, 09:03:06 AM »
Quote from: pallas

When the Beatles came out it was an invasion. The states was swamped.
Brian Wilson was a pop genius. He was a pop genius but all that went down the drain when the lovable, more marketable Love Me Do fab four came along.
You can say coz the Beatles looked much more pogi than the Beach Boys there and coz of that fact even though they were better musicians in the beggining.

This is sad but true.........the Beatles ruled in the end though as their music evolved but pogi rock rin sila noon 8)

Masakit man aminin, I'd have to agree with this one. The Beatles were packaged as teenybopper candy initially, being forced by their manager Brian Epstein to drop their James Dean leather-jacket badboy image to a more 'chick-friendly' French Mod look. Lucky for music fans everywhere, they decided that how they SOUNDED was far more valuable than how they LOOKED, even though their Sgt. Pepper's band look really kicked ass!
soylent green is people.

Offline riffscreamer

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2006, 09:20:50 AM »
Umm, ako pogi ako and I listen to rock. Does that count?  :D