hulika

Author Topic: Im Thinking if there's ANYONE from POGI ROCK here?  (Read 5074 times)

Offline mr_strap

• Forum Fanatic
Im Thinking if there's ANYONE from POGI ROCK here?
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2006, 09:34:44 AM »
buti na lang ndi ako pogi... kya okei lang magbanda hehe
Wala na pala akong pera. DAHIL SA GAS

Offline stratman1

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »
Ako pogi.......... para sa mga klabing na nanunuod sa akin, eheh! :shock:  :lol:

Offline mon116ph

• Veteran Member
ENVY...they have all the Chicks...
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2006, 10:55:35 AM »
I was absent when God sprinkled his good looking face to all ugly creatures.

Bakit ganoon may talent naman ako..bakit walang pumapansin sakin..

Hehehehehhe
Bwhwhahahahah

Buti pa ang CUESHE kahit pogi rock..daming chicks...(talented?)

Tanong ko na lang kay ernie baron (RIP dude)

Offline toybitz

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2006, 02:37:00 AM »
but hasn't the beatles been a big influence to most of us too?

and does pogi rock really relate to a good looking band?  if so, pogi rock din pala kami! (alpha kapalmuks neophyte)  :D

they are more of a pop band to me like the Neocolours, Side A, Hansons... etc.

imho lang po.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline toybitz

« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2006, 02:41:28 AM »
Quote from: sonnyrayvaughn
Quote from: RJVMC
Let's quote Steven Tyler regarding looks and rock n'roll: "Music is an ear and a visual thing." Or Gene Simmons: "Looks is everything, last thing I wanna see is a band of musicians who look like roadies."

You just have to look the part. Play the part.

not sure if youre kidding.. but Tyler and Simmons are ugly MOFOs

rock and roll is in the Mouth!! hehe

rock and holes is in Seal's face!! hehe hehe (pero, hayup sa ganda asaw nito!)
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline Muzzle

• Netizen Level
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2006, 04:16:20 AM »
Quote from: pallas
Quote from: titser_marco

This is sad but true.........the Beatles ruled in the end though as their music evolved but pogi rock rin sila noon 8)

thank god for lsd... not.
breathing underwater, living under glass

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2006, 04:52:00 AM »
hmmmm nung bag sabog ng kapangitan di wala ako nasalo.. daan ko nalang pakikisama and love of music..
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2006, 06:54:09 AM »
Quote from: Santo Muerte
And why should looking good be an issue when you're a musician? Would you say the Beatles were musical cretins just because a lot of girlies screamed at Paul's looks, John's crazy hair, George's appealing silence or Ringo's wild animal of the jungle drum antics? On the other side of the coin, would you say Cueshe is a musically acceptable group because all of them are utterly repulsive on the physical level?

It only becomes an issue when it's the motivation behind a musical endeavour, as moot as the term might apply to this scenario. If one is musically talented AND genetically gifted with great skin and cheek bones, I don't think he should be lambasted at all. That would just show how insecure you are.

Did you just compare the Beatles to [gooey brown stuff]? Both bands may have legions of girlie-fans screaming their names until they're hoarse or wetting their panties over their pictures but when it comes to musical integrity & quality the Beatles [gooey brown stuff] over Cueshe. The Beatles experimented with their music & added jazz & Middle Eastern influences to it & still sounded good whereas Cueshe wrote generic, mediocre ballads for teenage girls to swoon over & were sometimes accused of ripping off other bands, so comparing both bands is asinine.

There was no intention to compare but to rather point out that the idea behind this attention to looks is moot because in the end, people will see crap if it is crap.

And yes, they did experiment with other forms of music, but I suggest you verify your facts. It was Indian music that they intergrated into their pop structures.
I'd rather be sharp than flat.

Offline Santo Muerte

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2006, 07:57:16 AM »
And why should looking good be an issue when you're a musician? Would you say the Beatles were musical cretins just because a lot of girlies screamed at Paul's looks, John's crazy hair, George's appealing silence or Ringo's wild animal of the jungle drum antics? On the other side of the coin, would you say Cueshe is a musically acceptable group because all of them are utterly repulsive on the physical level?

It only becomes an issue when it's the motivation behind a musical endeavour, as moot as the term might apply to this scenario. If one is musically talented AND genetically gifted with great skin and cheek bones, I don't think he should be lambasted at all. That would just show how insecure you are.

Did you just compare the Beatles to [gooey brown stuff]? Both bands may have legions of girlie-fans screaming their names until they're hoarse or wetting their panties over their pictures but when it comes to musical integrity & quality the Beatles [gooey brown stuff] over Cueshe. The Beatles experimented with their music & added jazz & Middle Eastern influences to it & still sounded good whereas Cueshe wrote generic, mediocre ballads for teenage girls to swoon over & were sometimes accused of ripping off other bands, so comparing both bands is asinine.

There was no intention to compare but to rather point out that the idea behind this attention to looks is moot because in the end, people will see crap if it is crap.

And yes, they did experiment with other forms of music, but I suggest you verify your facts. It was Indian music that they intergrated into their pop structures.

Yeah well, I have to admit you were right about Indian instead of Middle Eastern influences being incorporated into their music. I was too tired to tell them apart when I posted the first comment since they both wear turbans. LOL.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »

Yeah well, I have to admit you were right about Indian instead of Middle Eastern influences being incorporated into their music. I was too tired to tell them apart when I posted the first comment since they both wear turbans. LOL.

Uhmm, not really. :) Ingat lang dude, baka may mga forumites tayo na galing  from those countries. Let's refrain from saying things that might be perceived as "racist". Cheers

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2006, 10:35:21 AM »
take note nag-uumpisa pa lang ang Cueshe. They may be predictable but
you never know what can happen in this crazy world :lol:
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline renz_sui

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2006, 01:18:55 PM »
If pogi rock is the fans choosing the face more than the music, I guess we're one of 'em. Makes me sad and and fulfilled at the same time. Sad because they percieved us in a one track perception but fulfilled because they're happy with our performance. But I can say that our songs make more sense and depth than some of those cheezy mainstreams.

Offline titser_marco

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2006, 02:00:30 PM »
Quote from: renz_sui
If pogi rock is the fans choosing the face more than the music, I guess we're one of 'em. Makes me sad and and fulfilled at the same time. Sad because they percieved us in a one track perception but fulfilled because they're happy with our performance. But I can say that our songs make more sense and depth than some of those cheezy mainstreams.

This is a nice take on the issue. I mean, let's face it. People who go to gigs SOLELY for the music are a rare kind. Why not entertain them in some other way that you can? I mean, they're still nice people so why not accomodate their interests as well?

Offline panterica

• Board Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2006, 03:55:23 PM »
sabi nga ng isang dj sa isang bar na tinutugtugan namin, walang poging rakista, kasi pag pogi yon, hindi yun rakista, boyband yon.

as simple as that.  :lol:
I know you would say that at for the record di mo ako kilala ROOKIEBOY. Tinawag kitang rookie at di lahat, IKAW LANG GET IT. Hanggang dyan ka na lang....puro cheap shots - Pallas

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2006, 04:11:14 PM »
hahaha!
kupal tlga yang mga POGI ROCK! tapos sasabihin sa GMA 7

"pinakamagagaling na banda ng Pilipinas!"

KATARANTADUHAN!

mg artista knlang kesa mg POGI ROCK..bwisit tlga.dk nilalahat pero ang dami na nila tlga..NAKAKAASAR! wala ng sense ang music sa pinas ng dahil sa mga tulad nila..

KAKAAWA nman.. :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:  :evil:

Offline kilawinguwak

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2006, 12:46:49 AM »
well, there's no harm in comparing two different bands. you could say AC/DC and Led Zeppelin differed in song composition, but there's still a mean somewhere there. so there's no harm in comparing the beatles with cueshe, so long as there're some factors that can link them together.

on the other hand . . . criticism is one of the guides to progress. can't make the music better if you don't sort the swill from the five-star alcohol.
Rock n' Roll the MaHaSa way!

Offline legato

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2006, 01:43:08 AM »
Is Rick Springfield considered pogi rock? :)

We used to cover Jessie's Girl kasi yun lang kaya namin tugtugin nun. That was a long long time ago. :) Hehehe

Later on he did have some really good musicians like Timmy Pierce who always played a melodic tasty solo. Heard he can solo lyrically and melodically for days. Also played in Patty Smyth's latest album.