hulika

Author Topic: My SIOCHI 2x12 cab ALA Marshall 1936 (PICS inside)  (Read 32332 times)

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
Re: My SIOCHI 2x12 cab ALA Marshall 1936 (PICS inside)
« Reply #225 on: September 07, 2010, 07:48:04 PM »
i’m with sir bamf with this one. i don’t think it’s proper to ban firemodel55. he’s just voicing out his opinions. most of the time his comments are fun and unbelievable and sometimes even crossing the lines. he actually amuses me. I’m always waiting for his next move. Unfortunately, every time he moves, he steps on a landmine. :-D

we all need the clowns to make us smile :-)

ps. are we still talking about the 2 x 12 cab here?

Offline everpogi

• Veteran Member
« Reply #226 on: September 07, 2010, 11:13:43 PM »
angas! ganda ng amp!
pabayaan na lang natin ang mga papansin..
wag ng patulan ang mga utak talangka..
ayaw na lang kase i-try bago dumakdak..
hay.. loser..
:)

Offline dantuts

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2010, 11:48:06 PM »

matagal na syang tiniratong clown dito. nakaka tawa lang. pero tagal narin. eh nakakainis na :lol:
I was alive in the forest
I was cut by the cruel axe
In life I was silent In death I sweetly sing

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #228 on: September 08, 2010, 12:42:43 AM »
The only question that needs to be answered is, are you willing to put up with all the crap? If you are, then let him stay. If not, I don't see why you should hold back.

Guitar Central is a community. As with other communities, virtual or physical, everybody has to get along. If you can't get along with the majority, get out. Build your own community. That way, those who join your community follow your rules.

Are there benefits in letting him stay? Personally, I don't see any. I tried to rationalize on every comment he posts but I don't see how you could learn through him. What he knows, you can learn somewhere else minus all the bull crap.

@TS, sorry your thread got astray but this has got to stop if Guitar Central would like to retain a healthy community and preserve it's relevance. Otherwise, we'll all get stuck with all those "who's the best" threads.

It might shock some to know (my apologies deltaslim) that when a second round of discussions to ban firemodel55 was coming, I voted for him to stay. For my own selfish reasons of course, which could have been quickly overturned by the mod committee. But they chose to extend their patience a little more at my pleading.

However, patience has its limits. I won't get so lucky next time the abrasion becomes too much to bear.
Surf's Up!

Offline vhunter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2010, 12:46:52 AM »
Hehe. Epic stuff.  Just wanted to let everyone know that I don't get angry or riled up on this stuff (not anymore, anyway. I've learned my lesson). And I certainly won't stoop down to Alex Gomez's level.  But I do feel it necessary to point out when someone is out of line (eg, talking sh*t about me instead of gear) just to alert the mods. We can't always give a free pass because I do think that if GC/Philmusic will stay useful and a cool place to be in, it's gotta be more civilized than it is now.  I just read this article and see the parallel: http://blog.mlive.com/hugeblog/2010/09/floyd_mayweathers_free_pass_ov.html

I'm all about learning but it's kyna distracting when your name is called out and quoted one post after another and he's not even talking about gear anymore but just about you, what then?  Should it be the always the rest of us who have to adjust and not take it personally?  Even if I don't take it personally, someone is obviously doing a heckuva job making it personal thing for him.  Poor thing.  Haha.

I have no doubt its personal with the two of you. Hahaha.. it's not right IMHO.. specially the way he calls you out. I try not to comment on it because I dont wanna add fuel to the fire. My only point is to dissuade other people from joining the lynch mob so the thread doesnt snow ball into a GC vs alex thread. My experience has been, the more people dont listen to someones comments.. the more civil things become, but the more everyone jumps into the fight.. the more things get heated and threads get locked.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 12:50:44 AM by vhunter »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2010, 01:01:18 AM »
You're right. My reasons are personal. But I know you're smart so I'll give you a clue. It's all about "looking beyond the crap". Believe me, even Elegee, who was much maligned at some time, does not want him banned. We share the same reasons, which I will not openly share with the general public :-D

However, I'm not Philmusic and you're right. It's a community and community goes.

If the crap is really intolerable, let me give you a suggestion. Back in the day with the other mailing lists and forums I've administered, we had a mechanism called a Kick Vote Petition. It will work like this if its Philmusic. Start a thread at the forum suggestions or here in GC if you want and state your petition to exclude a certain person. Sign your handle using your own account of course, similar to what we do when listing up for band line-up or for workshops. Let the others.Others who agree with that, let them sign also.

If that list gathers to about 100-200 signatures, there will be no choice but to discuss the matter at the mod boards. And so it goes. This will be a form of community ostracism and my guess is, any subsequent accounts from the same person will be banned.

One thing's for sure, you won't see my handle on that list.

The only question that needs to be answered is, are you willing to put up with all the crap? If you are, then let him stay. If not, I don't see why you should hold back.

Guitar Central is a community. As with other communities, virtual or physical, everybody has to get along. If you can't get along with the majority, get out. Build your own community. That way, those who join your community follow your rules.

Are there benefits in letting him stay? Personally, I don't see any. I tried to rationalize on every comment he posts but I don't see how you could learn through him. What he knows, you can learn somewhere else minus all the bull crap.

@TS, sorry your thread got astray but this has got to stop if Guitar Central would like to retain a healthy community and preserve it's relevance. Otherwise, we'll all get stuck with all those "who's the best" threads.

Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2010, 01:02:48 AM »
i’m with sir bamf with this one. i don’t think it’s proper to ban firemodel55. he’s just voicing out his opinions. most of the time his comments are fun and unbelievable and sometimes even crossing the lines. he actually amuses me. I’m always waiting for his next move. Unfortunately, every time he moves, he steps on a landmine. :-D

ps. are we still talking about the 2 x 12 cab here?

i agree, dont ban Alex 'firewoodmodel', he has rights to his opinion..its an opinion anyway..doesnt mean we should follow it..if people did that blindly they'd be nothing but sheep..

Offline glassjaw_jc

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #232 on: September 08, 2010, 02:03:13 AM »
i agree, dont ban Alex 'firewoodmodel', he has rights to his opinion..its an opinion anyway..doesnt mean we should follow it..if people did that blindly they'd be nothing but sheep..

I think this quotation fits perfectly well with this argument. "For evil to prevail is for the good to do nothing" or something like that. I'm not saying he is evil but I'm sure you get the point.

Ignoring that something is wrong does not solve the problem. You just... well.. ignore the problem. Problems are meant to be solved otherwise they become an unwanted way of life.
Surf's Up!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #233 on: September 08, 2010, 02:43:01 AM »
I think this quotation fits perfectly well with this argument. "For evil to prevail is for the good to do nothing" or something like that. I'm not saying he is evil but I'm sure you get the point.

Ignoring that something is wrong does not solve the problem. You just... well.. ignore the problem. Problems are meant to be solved otherwise they become an unwanted way of life.

OT:

well i think we look at it in different perspectives..the thing is i dont think in his capacity he can do any harm..would you believe him if he said something 'its poor quality and sound because of blah2x' even though he hasnt tried one? its all talk anyway..

i remember the time i said i cant wait for Suhr to do imports!..and someone said 'AINT happening'...because john is too this and that..well it happened(rasmus on the way) so i rest my case..

but it was childish of him to call on Deltaslim..really childish man..spent your time making quotes...all i can say is man up sometimes you got beautiful stuff and how about start showing some music for once? but he'll comeback with we enjoy stuff in different levels blah2x...

i think he is more of an annoyance to some but a problem i dont think so...thats my opinion..if you like to ban him then thats up to you..banned or not his existence on forum doesnt matter to me..

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: September 08, 2010, 03:55:08 AM »
Ok, so we have a few honest men here stating that He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named should stay. We also have a couple of good people saying to let him stay because in his attempt to "put down" and "Mayweather" your gear, he becomes funny.

If he can dish it out in the style he is famous for, he should be able to take it as well.

So, if we allow him to do what he wants under the guise of free speech and "education", can we do the same to him? But in a GC, facepalm,"WTF are you talking about" Gary Colemanish accent.
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #235 on: September 08, 2010, 10:30:33 AM »
What a stupid remark over someone who has already proven his status as a guitar player. You obviously don't know what you're getting into. And the fact that you mentioned you plan on going head to head with Joric then counter your own statement with but he's way down there in terms of priorities, only proves one thing..you're too freakin'ly afraid to take the challenge 'coz you know deep inside your a$$ he's gonna tear you apart and dismantle your tone-sucking fingers!

Dude, thanks for your support but one thing I don't want to do anymore is engage and argue w/ Alex point-by-point on everything he says because it's impossible to win an argument w/ him and you gain nothing in it. I just note when he is getting personal and just call him out for doing so in order for the mods to be aware. It's not about me, it's about preserving civility in the forum and keeping it fun instead of negative.

BTW, I wanted to respond ASAP yesterday  to prevent this from going out of hand but there's a problem w/ our office's network interconnect w/ PhilMusic's DNS server (it was only dantuts who let me know what was going on) and our home DSL connection is shot. I see I am a little late. I hope not too late.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: September 08, 2010, 10:52:14 AM »
I have no doubt its personal with the two of you. Hahaha.. it's not right IMHO.. specially the way he calls you out. I try not to comment on it because I dont wanna add fuel to the fire. My only point is to dissuade other people from joining the lynch mob so the thread doesnt snow ball into a GC vs alex thread. My experience has been, the more people dont listen to someones comments.. the more civil things become, but the more everyone jumps into the fight.. the more things get heated and threads get locked.

Thanks, Miks. See my post above.

Believe it or not - my goal is not to have Alex banned. I agree his inputs can be useful to the community. But I do wish he followed the same rules that the rest of us follow. That's all. But I realize I can't change him so I don't try and just leave it to the mods to decide on their own on the best course of action.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #237 on: September 08, 2010, 11:12:50 AM »

Dude, thanks for your support but one thing I don't want to do anymore is engage and argue w/ Alex point-by-point on everything he says because it's impossible to win an argument w/ him and you gain nothing in it. I just note when he is getting personal and just call him out for doing so in order for the mods to be aware. It's not about me, it's about preserving civility in the forum and keeping it fun instead of negative.

BTW, I wanted to respond ASAP yesterday  to prevent this from going out of hand but there's a problem w/ our office's network interconnect w/ PhilMusic's DNS server (it was only dantuts who let me know what was going on) and our home DSL connection is shot. I see I am a little late. I hope not too late.

Don't mention it, brother! :wink: I just hate such people, and by such I mean..nah, let's just forget about it.. :-D

Anyway, listen everyone, I think sir Delta is someone with a respectable persona and he deserves nothing but sheer respect. So, with this, I would just like to encourage and inveigle everyone into focusing on the thread subject instead, rather than giving-in into Alex's lone mission to piss us all off, in which, I myself, was guilty of.

Just don't mind the freak and let's go back to regular programming.

Carry on. :wink:
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #238 on: September 08, 2010, 11:31:51 AM »
Thanks, Miks. See my post above.

Believe it or not - my goal is not to have Alex banned. I agree his inputs can be useful to the community. But I do wish he followed the same rules that the rest of us follow. That's all. But I realize I can't change him so I don't try and just leave it to the mods to decide on their own on the best course of action.

I wish someone would point out to me which of his inputs could be construed as helpful. On one hand I get a lot useful information from bryanarzaga's threads on obscure brands. Hell, I get more useful information from turi's smilies. From [insert troll's name here]'s guerilla tactics I get nothing but a bad taste in my mouth. No matter what he says, his so-called "passion" for guitar tone is simply no excuse for the tactless tone that he exercises. Last time I checked, Trolling was still frowned upon in the interwebs.
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: September 08, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »

Sir, while I admire and respect your decision to have [insert troll's name here] (borrowed from spankyrigor) stay on board, he is most deserving of some sort of disciplinary action.

Pointing out the highlighted quote, it is indeed impossible to win any argument with him because he doesn't follow the rules of an argument/debate. When he feels he is down by halftime, he posts a hail mary pass "Ano ang gear mo?". Knowing how much he spends, I don't see anyone beating him on his credit card limit.

If you were to judge him on his posts from this thread alone, he definitely should be deported for crossing the border of decency.

It's people like you and a barrel full of others, who with great skill and knowledge try to impart the same to the "noobies" and  the tone apprentices like me.

Again, your humility exceeds expectations. Peace.  8-)
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2010, 02:46:29 PM »
moving on...

ang ganda talaga nung cabinet. nakagawa na ba siya 4x12cabs? tapos colored tolex. yum.

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2010, 03:51:40 PM »
moving on...

ang ganda talaga nung cabinet. nakagawa na ba siya 4x12cabs? tapos colored tolex. yum.

As I mentioned in my Siochi Sunstream Classic thread, it's best to just contact George Siochi himself (PM handle: kabuto) so you can also get a cost estimate. But based on his current works, I can't see why not. You can specify everything, whether marine ply or pine/birch, finger jointed or not. It's really your choice, he just builds em.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2010, 04:40:25 PM »
^thanks!  :-D

naisip ko rin pagawan custom grille yung ZT Club ko e. Laki kasi nung openings nung stock. Takaw alikabok at dumi. 

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2010, 05:36:31 PM »
Better late than never...   :-D

In all fairness, everthing that fm55 seems to espouse are based on factual realities that anyone who could read would have known already since the 80s.  I've known them since then as much as I'm sure that all of you do and will not argue about it.  He does present the better, if not the best, possible options as far as materials and build goes but like I said, everyone knows this already.

FM55 will now probably ask why we do not follow it if we knew and I will have to answer by saying for a lot of different reasons.  I'm not even going to use monetary reasons as a factor because I know of at least 3 forum members who have acquired the same stuff that fm55 raved about, only to find out it is not their cup of tea.

Tone, materials and build preference are subjective and this could be proved by the mere fact that even the brands that fm55 look up to have different materials in their similarly priced and featured high-end products.  Why?  Because preferences are subjective and NOBODY really has the best formula or combination of materials to come out with the best gear that will be regarded by everyone and anyone as being the best.  A difference in color or shade maybe enough to turn-off a person with the best sounding gear and that is just the realitiy of life.  Some go for blondes, I go for brunettes.   :-D

Ban fm55?  No, I don't think so.  He is the only one willing to preach unendingly about the facts to great gear that everyone here may most likely know even before he started preaching.  This will always be a side of fm55 that will benefit few who may not know yet.  My unsolicited advice for fm55 is that he should be more "diplomatic."  He should realize that his tone and style of writing often has that put down essence.  FM55, I believe will not achieve what he is trying to preach this way.  Read up on great reviews from published magazines and books.  Sure they may say one product is better than the other but they always do so without demeaning anyone who may have the inferior product.

Brands are not important and neither are prices indicative of a great gear.  Case in point: a black, all-stock, ceramic pup Squire Stratocaster that fm55's luthier knows about.  It was bought by a señores who collects authentic, great sounding vintages for a mere Php7K to help out a friend.  It sounds great.  If fm55 doesn't like it unlike most people that have heard it, nothing wrong with that.  I will not say that it is his brand-consciousness nor will I say that his great gear (yes, he does own them) is to compensate for something else that make him snob cheap or locally made gear.  But if he starts putting down people about their choices because of a personal belief, he is sadly mistaken and is wasting the amout of information and knowledge that he can share.

Offline vegetablejoe

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2010, 06:03:25 PM »
How often have we read this familiar spiel:

"Pangit ang gamit mo. Mahina materyales at design. Di marunong yung gumawa niyan at niloko lang kayo.
Dami ko nang pinag-aralan at alam ko na lahat iyan. Dami ko na rin kinausap abroad at biniling mamahaling gamit para matutunan ko iyan. Itong huli kong pinagawa ay yung pinaka-maganda tumunog sa lahat. Sobrang napamahal ako sa gastos, pero wala itong katapat, kahit tanungin mo yung mga pinaka-sikat gumawa sa ibang bansa... "

Keep in mind that the put downs are intentional; only meant to shock people and wake us up to higher standards of quality out in the market. The intention is noble; the tool is suspect. The result is dissatisfying. The impact is disagreeable; and so the efforts are wasted. IMO... sayang naman ang info.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:25:07 PM by vegetablejoe »

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
I wish someone would point out to me which of his inputs could be construed as helpful. On one hand I get a lot useful information from bryanarzaga's threads on obscure brands. Hell, I get more useful information from turi's smilies. From [insert troll's name here]'s guerilla tactics I get nothing but a bad taste in my mouth. No matter what he says, his so-called "passion" for guitar tone is simply no excuse for the tactless tone that he exercises. Last time I checked, Trolling was still frowned upon in the interwebs.
Well.if it leaves a bad taste in the mouth...don't swallow.jejejeje.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline spankyrigor

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2010, 06:40:09 PM »
^^^

:lol:

Keep in mind that the put downs are intentional; only meant to shock people and wake us up to higher standards of quality out in the market. The intention is noble; the tool is suspect. The result is dissatisfying. The impact is disagreeable; and so the efforts are wasted. IMO... sayang naman ang info.

VJ: Exactly.  Nevermind the content, the tone in which it was given will always affect the way the message is transmitted.

Back to the topic.
Philaxeman: G12T-75s pala yung nakakabit diyan. I hope we get a chance to do a shootout of some sort, before you get your hands on some V30's. My 1922 Cab has G12T-75s as well. It might be interesting to hear them side by side, and find out just HOW much better 1936 cabs sound against 1922s  :evil:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 06:42:11 PM by spankyrigor »
We are the authorized Philippines Dealer for the following brands:

www.strymon.net * www.maxonfx.com * www.voodoolab.com * www.godlyke.com * www.neunabertechnology.com * www.mieffects.com * spudmusicmnl@yahoo.com 09165923814

Offline neicon27

« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2010, 06:58:13 PM »
Banning the guy is not a solution.... you have to admit ,  he's made a few threads "more" interesting. despite the fact that other forumer were just dying to

I don't know if the Mods can talk some sense into him in maybe being a bit more sensitive with his replies towards other people.

The way he looks down on other people in terms of what gear they have (short of saying what they can afford?) .....sorry to say pero not everyone in PhilMusic is well-off to afford high-end equipment.
Kawawa naman yung mahihirap kung ganon. Hirap na nga, isasampal mo pa sa mukha nila yung katotohanan. Samantalang gusto lang din naman nila makatugtog. Not everyone can afford German handmade guitars, or  pay for wood to be imported to be used for speaker cabinets.  

Birch is one of the most widely used woods for veneer and plywood worldwide. Besides regular sheets of plywood, Birch veneer is also used for doors, furniture, and paneling. Birch is perishable, and will readily rot and decay if exposed to the elements. The wood is also susceptible to insect attack.
"Learn the rules before you break them.  That way you'd know if your breaking them right."

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2010, 08:47:21 PM »
i think aware naman lahat sa intention (or the stated intention). and the point has long been taken. alam na namin yun. :lol:

pero do people really have to qualify everything they post with "... for the money"?

"this ____ was awesome (... for the money)"
"the damn _____ blew me away and beats anything else out there (... for the money)"

we know there's lots of better stuff out there (for more money). tamad lang kami mag lagay ng "... for the money". nasa pinas karamihan ng musikero dito e. so dapat given na hindi na pinagiisipan yung pera (kasi karamihan wala). yung meron ang exception. sila yung mag-adjust sa culture. :lol:

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2010, 09:07:46 PM »
back on topic though... ganda nung cabs. and yung amps. based on pics i've seen so far. haven't tried any of them. pero i've had them bookmarked for almost a year now yata (i remember exchanging email with george around the time Ondoy hit last year). wala pa ding perang pambili. :lol: laging nadi-divert elsewhere yung fund. someday though....

yung idea of playing an all filipino-made rig tickles me more than playing a "best of the best" rig right now (and i've tried going down that road na din). kaya lang pedals (markv's SH and a tri-boost i made) lang afford ko. :lol: kulang ko lang gitara (i haven't seen one of the quality i want that i can afford) and amp (siochi could be the ticket).