hulika

Author Topic: Max Rufo Pickups Thread  (Read 65759 times)

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
If I recall correctly, Eddie is now on generation 3 of his equipment.  Funny, he talks more about his equipment than his hands.  And despite Ted Nugents experience with Eddie's gear, Eddie is NOT using Ted Nugent's equipment.

Personally, I don't sound the same on a RJ Guitar into a Hot Cabs versus my Suhr into my Soldano Setup. 

I hope you dont mind, but, what genre do you mainly play? Just to give us an idea on what perspective those opinions are coming from.
Just wont burn...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2010, 11:57:26 AM »

With due respect, sir firemodel55..

I know that you have the capacity to buy those botique products. But frivers just shared his experience with the said pick-ups.
then you have attacked him with "what pickups you owned for life?".

Hindi pwedeng kung ang gusto mong brief ay Handford at ang ginagamit nya ay Jockey
Yung Handford na rin ang ipipilit mo. Kasi mas comfi to eh.. etc.. etc.. Eh sa yun yung gusto niya eh..
Yun yung fit sa kanya eh..

"To each his own.." - one has a right to one's personal preference

Hindi lahat ng nasa GC afford yung Kinman pups (which is $226.00)

Enjoy your botique stuff and let us enjoy our own. :-)

And besides we create our own music, and we are not playing for your standard. (Which is so High)

Sabi nga ni burnsbhm find out what it means for Respect.. And that's the bottomline..

Just to clarify:  I did not attack Frivers.  I asked him what pickups he owned.

In addition, the review in my personal opinion, was lacking in detail.

1. Frivers Never mentioned what amp was used -- the single most important factor in reviewing a pickup was sorely missed.
2. He Never mentioned what wood was used in the guitars or the specific Tele Model being used which influences pickup sound -- not too mention hardware.  And we all know that Max Teles are not even accurate in terms of construction and sound to real Teles.
3. Frivers Never mentioned what songs or riffs were tested on the guitar and in what position.
4. Frivers Never brought home the pickups for testing on his own guitar and his own setup.
5. Frivers Never differentiated or clarified the terms noiselessness from hum.
6. Frivers was looking for a single coil that was clear and yet was thick enough for metal.  Bareknuckle Humbuckers already have that humbucker thick sound with the clarity of the pick attack of a single coil without noise and hum.

I can right now put my Vintage Suhr Strat with 3 single coil pickups on my bogner uberschall and sound more metal than frivers.  The point I am trying to highlight is that the metal sound is more a function of amp than pickups.  What happened is that the reviewer made a review by separating the pickup from the amplification.  

Still, I wish Mang Max the best of luck.  Up to know kasi hindi clear kung anong tunog hinahabol ng pickups niya but... I expect that to be resolved when the pickups finally come out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 12:00:14 PM by firemodel55 »

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2010, 12:09:55 PM »
I can right now put my Vintage Suhr Strat with 3 single coil pickups on my bogner uberschall and sound more metal than frivers.  The point I am trying to highlight is that the metal sound is more a function of amp than pickups.  What happened is that the reviewer made a review by separating the pickup from the amplification.  
Google is your friend.

Offline divebomb

« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2010, 12:10:40 PM »
Grabe naman. nahilo nako sa tech terms ng gitara. Ganyan ba talaga ka complikado ang pag gitara?  :-o

Basta ako nageenjoy ako kung ano meron ako dito. Although cheap lang gear ko, solbz na ko. Besides, pag nag gig tayo di naman pinapansin ng audience details ng gear natin e. Just our fingers-guitar-amp to their ears.

I remember nung highschool ako, may ginagamit kami gitarang malapit ng bumigay at basag na ang tunog pero nung hinawakan siya ng kilala namin na magling mag gitara, gumanda tunog ng gitarang yun. hahaha

Peace! nag share lang  :-D

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »

Bold statement eh? :roll:

Still, I wish Mang Max the best of luck.  Up to know kasi hindi clear kung anong tunog hinahabol ng pickups niya but... I expect that to be resolved when the pickups finally come out.

Why don't you go his place and find it out yourself?  :lol:

BTT: Di ba may nagpapagawa kay Mang Max ng 8-string guitar na kasama din yung pickups? any updates dun? I'm planning to have a custom 8-string guitar and papaggawa ko sana kay Mang Max yung pickups :)

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #230 on: August 24, 2010, 12:51:08 PM »
i have a friend who doesnt own any gear and can blow anyone in this thread bar none( :-D).wanna try?in fact i would like to ask mang max to have him as his demo man.anyway, again and again, to each his own.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #231 on: August 24, 2010, 01:35:05 PM »
i have a friend who doesnt own any gear and can blow anyone in this thread bar none( :-D).wanna try?in fact i would like to ask mang max to have him as his demo man.anyway, again and again, to each his own.

Uhh..you might wanna rephrase that, chief..
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline galingnamanon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #232 on: August 24, 2010, 01:50:22 PM »
Uhh..you might wanna rephrase that, chief..

haha..+1..onga bro..rephrase mo..was hoping your friend was some hot chick..request sana ako ng "demo"..haha..loko lang pare..senxa na kung nasa gutter utak ko..hehe..cheers
"..you know..it's a very strong day today.." - SRV

Offline obetski

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #233 on: August 24, 2010, 01:59:42 PM »

I would like to see firemodel with all his arsenal put a demo on youtube to prove he can sound more metal than frivers..

one can simply will not sound more metal just because he's got the gear of all the metal heroes..
my song that' being aired in Sydney

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #234 on: August 24, 2010, 02:01:12 PM »
I would like to see firemodel with all his arsenal put a demo on youtube to prove he can sound more metal than frivers..

one can simply will not sound more metal just because he's got the gear of all the metal heroes..

WIN.

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #235 on: August 24, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »
Ah so metal player pala si firemodel? Mahirap kasi intindihin yung mga post nya kung hindi mo alam yung character/style of playing nya
Just wont burn...

Offline raybrig

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #236 on: August 24, 2010, 02:08:41 PM »

Lovely. i-qoute na lang to ng i-qoute
zzzzzzz

Offline divebomb

« Reply #237 on: August 24, 2010, 02:09:53 PM »
WIN.

I think this is a good idea.  :-D

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #238 on: August 24, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »

I couldn't agree more, but, the move will just be as futile as asking Cyrus Baguio go toe to toe with Lebron James. We all know how it's gonna end up.
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #239 on: August 24, 2010, 05:12:10 PM »

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2010, 05:14:48 PM »

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #241 on: August 24, 2010, 05:21:04 PM »

Offline jmorrero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #242 on: August 24, 2010, 05:52:32 PM »
Nabisita ko na si mang max...

Natest ko na pickups ni mang max. Sure na magka-cut siya sa band. Maganda highs at mid high freq, may body pero clear pa rin. Sensitive sa playing attack.

Fender twin reverb amp ang gagamitin ko kung ako ang gagamit ng tele ni mang max na may noiseless pickup. Eq ratio ng bawat pickup ni mang max, depende na sa gagamit.

Mga pickup natest ko noong gabi ay may EQ na (bass mid, treble)  4/6/6

At salamat kay mang max, binigyan ako ng sprague na orange caps na luma. Hindi ito yung mga bago na gawa ng SBE.

2joeross(right)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 11:39:51 AM by jmorrero »

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #243 on: August 24, 2010, 07:02:50 PM »
Nabisita ko na si mang max...

Natest ko na pickups ni mang max. Sure na magka-cut siya sa band. Maganda highs at mid high freq, may body pero clear pa rin. Sensitive sa playing attack. Tele ni mang max at twin reverb kung ako ang gagamit ng pickup ni mang max. Eq ratio ng bawat pickup ni mang max, depende na sa gagamit.

nice brown tele

,josh
h

« Reply #244 on: August 24, 2010, 11:10:54 PM »
ung brown tele na yan yung pinipilit kong iskorin kay mang max.. pero sabi nya.. gagamitin daw kasi nya yun for the PUPS na ginawa nya. :))

naalala ko nung isa kami sa mga unang anjan nung pinatesting nya yung pups na yan
The night is young and so are we, we could paint the sky red and the town green.

Hikerun dakedo engi suru no ha hetakusou da

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #245 on: August 24, 2010, 11:15:24 PM »

playing the people's chord through that amp doesnt even sound metal..its riffage unless you show me how its done??

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #246 on: August 25, 2010, 12:02:34 AM »
more metal than frivers. hehehehehehehehehe sorry lumabas ung coke sa ilong ko nung nakita ko to :-D

to all: seriously why complicate things kung pwede naman try this pickup and buy it if you like it. otherwise ignore it and forget about it.

Mr.Rufo doesn't deserve to have a thread full of hate and arguing right?

Offline lindtaylor

• Veteran Member
« Reply #247 on: August 25, 2010, 12:27:27 AM »
more metal than frivers. hehehehehehehehehe sorry lumabas ung coke sa ilong ko nung nakita ko to :-D

to all: seriously why complicate things kung pwede naman try this pickup and buy it if you like it. otherwise ignore it and forget about it.

Mr.Rufo doesn't deserve to have a thread full of hate and arguing right?

Agree..

That's why To each his own..

Di na lang kasi pumunta kay Mang Max, para masubukan.. Gusto pa padalhan..

Simpleng simple.. Ginagawang komplikado..

Offline lindtaylor

• Veteran Member
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2010, 12:40:43 AM »
Just to clarify:  I did not attack Frivers.  I asked him what pickups he owned.
Still, I wish Mang Max the best of luck. Up to know kasi hindi clear kung anong tunog hinahabol ng pickups niya but... I expect that to be resolved when the pickups finally come out.

If you really wish Mang Max the best.. Hindi sya ang pupunta sayo para makita at ma-intimidate sa setup na pinagamamalaki mo.
To start of the topic is not entitled What Pickups have you owned for your life?

I would say it again.. Kung gustong pumunta madaming paraan. Kung ayaw sangkatutak ang dahilan..

Frivers just shared his experience on testing Mang Max's Pick-ups.
Again just shared his experience.

If you really want to help him.. contact and approach Mang Max Rufo in person..
09204658200, 09063189256, 3600584

Offline lindtaylor

• Veteran Member
« Reply #249 on: August 25, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »