hulika

Author Topic: Max Rufo Pickups Thread  (Read 65692 times)

Offline lindtaylor

• Veteran Member
Re: Max Rufo Pickups Thread
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2010, 01:00:11 AM »

Offline Van*

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2010, 01:02:26 AM »
just toasting in an epic bread
What you own, owns you.

Offline markezekiel

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2010, 02:42:50 AM »
wow kaylangan pa padalahan? hehe!   masyado busy si mang max. just go to his shop instead.. hehe

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2010, 02:46:28 AM »
i always thought metal is a music genre. what do we mean by more metal?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2010, 02:54:10 AM »

nickel count?

Offline slowhandpal

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2010, 04:38:32 AM »
Lagi talagang may problema tayo pag hilaw.. :wink: per experience..ano sir obetskie?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 04:41:21 AM by slowhandpal »

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #256 on: August 25, 2010, 05:01:46 AM »
I would like to see firemodel with all his arsenal put a demo on youtube to prove he can sound more metal than frivers..

one can simply will not sound more metal just because he's got the gear of all the metal heroes..

Mismo!

Offline shkc

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #257 on: August 25, 2010, 05:04:05 AM »
If I recall correctly, Eddie is now on generation 3 of his equipment.  Funny, he talks more about his equipment than his hands.  And despite Ted Nugents experience with Eddie's gear, Eddie is NOT using Ted Nugent's equipment.

Personally, I don't sound the same on a RJ Guitar into a Hot Cabs versus my Suhr into my Soldano Setup. 

Correct ka dyan EVH is NOT using Ted Nugent's gear... but EVH still sounds like him even on any gear he uses...that's the big difference

Offline juwanfidle09

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #258 on: August 25, 2010, 09:32:38 AM »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #259 on: August 25, 2010, 09:36:57 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WcsV7hQ1V4

Offline jellogz

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #260 on: August 25, 2010, 09:37:24 AM »

ibig nyang sabihin sya ang tunay na metal
Just wont burn...

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #261 on: August 25, 2010, 10:16:54 AM »
lol metal ka na ngayon???? hahaha

hindi porke't naka 4x12 ka at mamahaling head at gitara at kaya mong mag Em chug, metal na tunog mo. lolz patawa ka nanaman e.

Offline dirt

• Veteran Member
« Reply #262 on: August 25, 2010, 10:30:18 AM »
sino ba talaga yung nagdedemo sa video?  :-D
YEAH I WANNA PLAY GUITAR EVERYDAY!!

Offline jimy james

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #263 on: August 25, 2010, 11:40:59 AM »

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #264 on: August 25, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
Uhh..you might wanna rephrase that, chief..

hahaahahaha.sabi ko na e.lalaki yun tol.as in magaling.taena.basta whatever guitar he can get his hands on, he kills with it.wala sa gear yan. :-D
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #265 on: August 25, 2010, 11:46:01 AM »
Wow! Nawala lang ako sandali, ganito na pala kahaba ito. :-D

Anyway, guys, maybe it's about time we put an end to this. Sayang yung thread kung malo-lock lang. Remember, para kay Mang Max 'to. Huwag na natin patulan ang walang alam at ang hindi marunong at lalong-lalo na ang 'di kapanipaniwala. Sayang lang e.

Let's just focus our energies on how we can help Mang Max improve and promote his products. I'm one of the first guys to ever try his noiseless single coils and let me tell you, his invention kicks ass! I was actually invited by Mang Max to demo his pickups on his next launching, I said yes (if time permits), if I don't believe in his products, I would've answered otherwise. :wink:

im actually organizing a campus tour this yeara nd i will invite mang max as one of the exhibitors.if you want to check his works i am inviting you as early as now.ill post the dates here as soon as its ready.
I believe that the definition of definition is reinvention. To not be like your parents. To not be like your friends. To be yourself.

Completely.

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2010, 11:46:30 AM »
"more metal than you"

Offline Ryn

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
more metal than frivers. hehehehehehehehehe sorry lumabas ung coke sa ilong ko nung nakita ko to :-D
?

sumobra pagka metal niya kaya hindi siguro makapag bend ng string ng maayus  dahil kinalawang sa sobrang pagka metal lol

BTT: just spoke with mang max the other day, he's also making a humbucker sized P90. i think meron na siya nagawa and you can test it at his place

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2010, 11:48:23 AM »
im actually organizing a campus tour this yeara nd i will invite mang max as one of the exhibitors.if you want to check his works i am inviting you as early as now.ill post the dates here as soon as its ready.
that would be amazing. can anyone come? excited din ako marinig yan eh kasi the last time na nagpunta ako kay mang max at matagal na yun prototype palang yata ung meron cya and never get to hear it.

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2010, 11:53:48 AM »
that would be amazing. can anyone come? excited din ako marinig yan eh kasi the last time na nagpunta ako kay mang max at matagal na yun prototype palang yata ung meron cya and never get to hear it.

last year nainvite ko din si mang max sa indiependents day.kaso isa lang pumunta na taga philmusic e.sana mas madami ngaun taon.mga 4 schools e.plp.pup.lyceum.mapua at sana up diliman kung di sila mabakla.haha.

Completely.

Offline Hellghast

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #270 on: August 25, 2010, 11:54:47 AM »
last year nainvite ko din si mang max sa indiependents day.kaso isa lang pumunta na taga philmusic e.sana mas madami ngaun taon.mga 4 schools e.plp.pup.lyceum.mapua at sana up diliman kung di sila [pichapie].haha.

looking forward jan sa event nyo sir. keep us updated

Offline bakit?

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #271 on: August 25, 2010, 12:02:54 PM »
looking forward jan sa event nyo sir. keep us updated

ayt ayt.for sure ilalagay ko dito yan.

Completely.

Offline divebomb

« Reply #272 on: August 25, 2010, 12:06:40 PM »
Sana maupdate to, interesado ako pups ni mang max

Offline arkeetar

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re:
« Reply #273 on: August 25, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »
Yeah \m/

Offline Mardk

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #274 on: August 25, 2010, 02:04:21 PM »

1. Frivers Never mentioned what amp was used -- the single most important factor in reviewing a pickup was sorely missed.
2. He Never mentioned what wood was used in the guitars or the specific Tele Model being used which influences pickup sound -- not too mention hardware.  And we all know that Max Teles are not even accurate in terms of construction and sound to real Teles.
3. Frivers Never mentioned what songs or riffs were tested on the guitar and in what position.
4. Frivers Never brought home the pickups for testing on his own guitar and his own setup.
5. Frivers Never differentiated or clarified the terms noiselessness from hum.
6. Frivers was looking for a single coil that was clear and yet was thick enough for metal.  Bareknuckle Humbuckers already have that humbucker thick sound with the clarity of the pick attack of a single coil without noise and hum.

I can right now put my Vintage Suhr Strat with 3 single coil pickups on my bogner uberschall and sound more metal than frivers.  

And yet you are sure that you sound more metal than frivers. What if he is moar metalz than j00.