hulika

Author Topic: guitars you lost/sold......and regret it  (Read 9363 times)

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
guitars you lost/sold......and regret it
« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2006, 12:04:58 PM »
Quote from: R0B1EP061
oo nga pala; before my ibanez craze; i lost a wave of washburn N4's and a custom made lespaul given to me by s. hudson.  :cry:

Fill us more with the slash axe. Paano binigay sa iyo? How was he? Story ka naman :D
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
s.hudson
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2006, 01:05:08 PM »
yes,like to hear the story on how u get that lp from him!thanks
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2006, 04:06:23 PM »
damn!!!??!?!  slash!!!!!
kwento naman!

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2006, 08:22:30 PM »
esp m1

ernieball/musicman silhouette(wish i could have this back...ayaw benta) :(

Offline caloyburger

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2006, 12:13:56 AM »
Guitar I regret selling the most is an ebony 96 Gibson SG Standard.  Got it in RJ when they were doing a clearance sale in 97.  I dont know if any of you guys remember that sale but RJ was letting go of premium gears for almost 50% off!  As a result I got the SG for 18k brand new with hardcase!!  :shock:   The orig price at that time was 35k  :(  It had a bunch of factory flaws in it which was ok with me but what really struck me was how light it was and how good it sounded.  I dont know why I sold it, I think it was to fund another guitar...GAS gaveth, GAS tooketh away..... :(  If I see that SG again Id take it in an instant!

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2006, 12:54:12 AM »
Quote from: pallas
oo nga pala; before my ibanez craze; i lost a wave of washburn N4's and a custom made lespaul given to me by s. hudson.  :cry:

Fill us more with the slash axe. Paano binigay sa iyo? How was he? Story ka naman :D

alright; alam na ni mark flo to pero here it goes!

i was once a roadie/sound engineer for my step dad's sound reinforcement company and i was under his payroll. We had a gig in chicago years back doing a paulina rubio show. If im not mistaken one of the guys in the crew mentioned "Slash's Snakepit" was in town so i did like any guitar player would do; bail out on my own gig. hehehehehe!

So i did leave and went to Slash's gig. I looked for his manager being that he's good friend's with my step dad and smooth talked my way in; basically bullsh1tt1ng my way in. How hard could it be? Everyone was already drunk hehehe. I stood by the guitar techs area motioning to Slash so he could see me; and then before i know it, he motioned towards me too; and as guitar player what would you do? I grabbed one of his spares and went on stage with him played a heavy @ss version of funky music as a closing song......

After that; brew started pouring some more and as a 19-20'ish year old kid back then, i looked like an awesome specimen. I was already having quite a few when slash decided to give me "balde" sized mug filled with Sam Adams to top. He goes "If you down that muthafucck@, ill let you pick any guitar on the rack, you in?" And of course i was "in" for it.

So i started pounding the mug; and before i know it im pretty much about to hurl on everone's face. so being the smart kid that i was, i "pretended" that i was drinkin non stop. Alam niyo yun? parang lumulunok parin kayo pero nde naman talaga! hehehehe!

I was trying to  breath and get some more air in my system thinkin that im gonna have slash's lespaul at the end of this night. It wasnt really that hard coz their wasted already with beer and something else!

So slam goes the mug; everybody clapping; me trying not barf; it was done! So off we go to the guitar rack with his tech. First i picked one of his tobacco burst guitars because i really liked it and his tech says "pick something else; something gibson really made....how bout this?" ( so i get it that slash's main les pauls are not really gibson? but marked gibson?) He hands me a nice blue AAAAA flame mapled top les paul and he goes like "i think that's a class 5 five paul, take it!"

So before they all changed their minds i bailed out without even saying thanks to slash hehehehehehe.

A year after passed by and i had a motorcycle accident. Broken fingers, hands and a broken heart coz there goes all my N4's including this paul because i had to pay for the bike that i wrecked.  :cry:  

So there you go folks! One of the guitars that i really regret losing!

Offline greasykid

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2006, 01:32:36 AM »
WTF!  Wala bang insurance yung bike?  Syet!  

Anyway, kilala mo pala si Slash.  Baka kilala mo si oasgomez.  Bumili kasi siya ng amp sa taong pinagbilhan din ni Slash ng amp dati e...   :lol:  :lol:

Offline markflo

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2006, 01:43:50 AM »
hahah! oo! baka magbabarkada kayo ni slash at oasgomez at oasgomez amp dealer! hehehe
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2006, 01:53:12 AM »
Quote from: greasykid
WTF!  Wala bang insurance yung bike?  Syet!  

Anyway, kilala mo pala si Slash.  Baka kilala mo si oasgomez.  Bumili kasi siya ng amp sa taong pinagbilhan din ni Slash ng amp dati e...   :lol:  :lol:

i dont know about insurance kasi it wasnt my bike to begin with.

di ako bumubili ng amp eh. chaka nang hihingi lang ako hehehehe kasi i dont have the funds to buy a herbert bautista so di ko kilala yun definitely hehehe.

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2006, 01:54:44 AM »
Quote from: markflo
hahah! oo! baka magbabarkada kayo ni slash at oasgomez at oasgomez amp dealer! hehehe

di na kami bate ni slash eh kasi sabi niya "kam bak my maneeeee!"

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2006, 09:22:34 AM »
sana sa ebay mo binenta. hehehe

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2006, 12:41:41 PM »

i was once a roadie/sound engineer for my step dad's sound reinforcement company and i was under his payroll. We had a gig in chicago years back doing a paulina rubio show. If im not mistaken one of the guys in the crew mentioned "Slash's Snakepit" was in town so i did like any guitar player would do; bail out on my own gig. hehehehehe!

So i did leave and went to Slash's gig. I looked for his manager being that he's good friend's with my step dad and smooth talked my way in; basically bullsh1tt1ng my way in. How hard could it be? Everyone was already drunk hehehe. I stood by the guitar techs area motioning to Slash so he could see me; and then before i know it, he motioned towards me too; and as guitar player what would you do? I grabbed one of his spares and went on stage with him played a heavy @ss version of funky music as a closing song......

After that; brew started pouring some more and as a 19-20'ish year old kid back then, i looked like an awesome specimen. I was already having quite a few when slash decided to give me "balde" sized mug filled with Sam Adams to top. He goes "If you down that muthafucck@, ill let you pick any guitar on the rack, you in?" And of course i was "in" for it.

So i started pounding the mug; and before i know it im pretty much about to hurl on everone's face. so being the smart kid that i was, i "pretended" that i was drinkin non stop. Alam niyo yun? parang lumulunok parin kayo pero nde naman talaga! hehehehe!

I was trying to  breath and get some more air in my system thinkin that im gonna have slash's lespaul at the end of this night. It wasnt really that hard coz their wasted already with beer and something else!

So slam goes the mug; everybody clapping; me trying not barf; it was done! So off we go to the guitar rack with his tech. First i picked one of his tobacco burst guitars because i really liked it and his tech says "pick something else; something gibson really made....how bout this?" ( so i get it that slash's main les pauls are not really gibson? but marked gibson?) He hands me a nice blue AAAAA flame mapled top les paul and he goes like "i think that's a class 5 five paul, take it!"

So before they all changed their minds i bailed out without even saying thanks to slash hehehehehehe.

A year after passed by and i had a motorcycle accident. Broken fingers, hands and a broken heart coz there goes all my N4's including this paul because i had to pay for the bike that i wrecked.  :cry:  

His lespaul copy is a guitar made by the late great Tony Zemaitis.
The roadie for sure didnt want you to have that. Its worth a ton of dough. :shock:
COOL STORY PRE 8)
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »
Quote from: maniacally_cool

dun ko nga binenta! hehehehehe

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2006, 12:47:25 PM »

The roadie for sure didnt want you to have that. Its worth a ton of dough. :shock:
COOL STORY PRE 8)

i bet it cost a ton of money....that guitar had so much mojo man you can just feel it!  8)

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2006, 11:18:13 PM »
Quote from: maniacally_cool

dun ko nga binenta! hehehehehe

hmmmm...kano mo nabenta? tapos di pa enuf un kasi binenta mo p N4's mo? mahal naman nung bike. sigh, sayang. :(

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2006, 11:46:51 PM »
ako ung epiphone les paul standard ko...waaahhh!!
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2006, 12:30:05 AM »
Quote from: polarized06
ako ung epiphone les paul standard ko...waaahhh!!

onga, sayang d ko naabutan yan. nablitaan ko lang n may babaeng nagbenta ng epi LP.

Offline orangedreg

« Reply #67 on: July 24, 2006, 12:46:16 AM »
haaaaaayyy.. dapat nde ko ni-trade yun...
I feel no joy, pain nor sorrow .....   I am Hollow....

Offline maniacally_cool

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2006, 12:54:15 AM »
onga, priceless n yun. hehehe. kaw nga ung nagkwento sa kin di ba? hehehe

Offline orangedreg

« Reply #69 on: July 24, 2006, 01:00:27 AM »
yup  :(  ... hinayang din ako dun
I feel no joy, pain nor sorrow .....   I am Hollow....

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #70 on: July 24, 2006, 02:58:44 AM »
Quote from:

grabe sayang na sayang yung gitar na yun ah ? hehehe mahanap nga si slash sa states tapos apply ako kahit basurero sa statdium na susunod nilang gig tapos hihintayin ko malasing eheheh...

curious lang.. nung nakuha mo yung gitara niya ? ano unang una mo tinugtog ? eheh syempre di mawawala sweet child diyan ehehe.. saka ano nga pala ibig mo sabihn na sabi niya giv me bak my maneee ? nalaman ni slash na binenta mo yung gitara ? hinihingi niya yung napagbentahan mo ?

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2006, 03:49:54 AM »
Quote from: bugoy
Quote from:

grabe sayang na sayang yung gitar na yun ah ? hehehe mahanap nga si slash sa states tapos apply ako kahit basurero sa statdium na susunod nilang gig tapos hihintayin ko malasing eheheh...

curious lang.. nung nakuha mo yung gitara niya ? ano unang una mo tinugtog ? eheh syempre di mawawala sweet child diyan ehehe.. saka ano nga pala ibig mo sabihn na sabi niya giv me bak my maneee ? nalaman ni slash na binenta mo yung gitara ? hinihingi niya yung napagbentahan mo ?

hahahaha! actually welcome to the jungle una kong tinugtog nun eh ( if i remember it right) hehehehe.

"kam bak my mannee" = (pag feeling mo na lugi ka hahaha) is just an inside joke between me and markflo   :lol:   :lol:

actually he never found out about the guitar. in fact; when i saw him buying cigarettes (this was before the velvet revolver album came out) i asked him to sign my old snake pit albums; he never mentioned anything to me about the guitar he just said that i should get a copy of the VR album. i dont think he even remember giving me one! so quite na lang ako! heheheheh

Offline bugoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2006, 04:06:40 AM »
talaga ? napak astig ng experience mo sir kainggit talaga sobra pwera lang yung accident ehehehe.. siya nga pala san ba siyang state nag se settle ngayon ? eheheh

Offline R0B1EP061

« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2006, 05:15:02 AM »
Quote from: bugoy
talaga ? napak astig ng experience mo sir kainggit talaga sobra pwera lang yung accident ehehehe.. siya nga pala san ba siyang state nag se settle ngayon ? eheheh

basically here in southern california/ Los Angeles.

last time i saw him was here in sherman oaks but i know he lives in the hollywood hills area.

Offline sonnyrayvaughn

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2006, 05:28:40 AM »

COOL STORY PRE 8)

i bet it cost a ton of money....that guitar had so much mojo man you can just feel it!  8)

DEMMMM!!! nice story bro! nakarecover ka na ba sa injuries mo?