hulika

Author Topic: Audiophile: feedbacks  (Read 65675 times)

Offline sargento

• Veteran Member
Re: Audiophile: feedbacks
« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2010, 03:51:45 AM »
good at being bad..

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2010, 03:53:43 AM »
Did you had a bad experience with audiophile? After a month or two of buying an item suddenly it is not working and you need to return it to the store where you bought it? And the Sales Agent will tell you to bring it to MARIKINA!!! because here in metro Manila every defective item is returned for check and repair in Marikina?!? I bought an small practice amp (Ibanez thru a small man names Mike in MCS). 2 months after sabog na tunog!

What if you bought your item in Alabang? or Makati? bad trip di ba?!?

A few months ago I also bought a fender strat from Perfect Pitch park square (thru Arvin), although he is not that knowledgable with instruments he is very helpful and immediately offerred a replacement for my strat.

BWISET ang AUDIOPHILE on after sales support/service! Never again will I buy an item from them!

What model?
How loud do you play?
What do you mean by 'sabog'?
Torn speakers? Sounds like it's farting?

Maybe you used the amp in a way that it can only handle certain levels.

Customer service - never had problems with them. EDIT: AP at Robinson's Pioneer - I've been building pedal boards since 2005 and they always helped me out. Even carried my stuff all the way to the car. And the parts aren't expensive. Cheap actually. I can imagine if I got more expensive stuff from them.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 04:09:12 AM by turiguiliano »
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2010, 03:57:03 AM »
What is TMS?

Anyways, I agree magaganda items sa Audiophile pero if the service is really that worst there are other options.

If ever I needed anything Audiophile will be last in my list, if not totally an option.

Iba ang treatment ng customer sa Yupangco talaga. Pagpasok mo pa lang sa main or sa perfect pitch kakausapin ka agad, ask nila kung me specific item ba na need or just 'window shopping'. Appreciated nila kahit tingin tingin ka lang.

Pero the issue here is after sales support, sa yupangco i had no problem returning items kahit paso na warranty. Pwede mo iwan kung saan mo binili. Sa audiophile need mo dalhin Marikina, in case me Ondoy ulit this Sept. todas ka pag inabot ka dun. tsk tsk.

That is something that I cannot agree with you based on personal experience. Been buying from Yupangco since I was 6 years old. Worst customer service ever. When I got asked them to fix my washburn (in the 90's), it took them 11 months to tell me....'sir, wala pong replacement para sa locking nut ninyo para sa gitara." But again, this is my experience with them.
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2010, 04:00:45 AM »
bro mag ingat kau sa audiophile items ha... yung warehouse kasi nila binaha nuong ondoy kea malamang some items ay nirepair lang hndi fully replaced.... pwede nilang sabhin na brandnew yung item dahil malinis naman pero ang totoo nun nabaha pala....

nalaman ko yun nung magparepair kame ng OLD PA system namin sa church sabi nila balik na lang after 2 months mga january 2010 kme nagpunta dun so ayun ... ang sabi samin nung nkausap namin dun sa warehouse nila balik na lang kame madami daw kasi silang inaaus na items na nabahaan including their items...

That's true. They had a clearance sale after that. Really low prices for some 'busted' equipment. Didn't bother looking though. lol

Offline curiousdcat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2010, 04:05:40 AM »
And this is in the Philippines?

Absolutely.  In all honesty, I actually "fought" for my consumer rights only after seeing my relatives in the US do it when I was a younger tourist.  In fact, I was initially "nahiya" for them then.  It's been decades since then but it has only been a few years ago that I had an unfortunate instance to exercise my rights locally.  They initially offered me a supposed bigger discount (yeah, I knew they were just spreading their profit margins thinner and thinly) after making my points but I modestly declined and insisted that I didn't need it.  That was the time they gave me freebies instead.  I accepted them only because deep down inside, I knew that I have uses for for the freebies!   :-D

Mind you guys, I didn't raise a scene and just kept my cool in that situation.  I just really exercised my rights and corrected what was an obvious mistake and poor lack of judgement on their part.  Neither did I just let it pass to complain elsewhere.  We could all do this and hopefully one day, those arrogant and sadly mistaken salespeople (yes, they do exist) will disappear. 

\m/

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2010, 04:08:07 AM »
@toybitz: i think he's referring to _ _ _ C . I think _ _ _ O is way better and courteous. Did you have a bad experience with him?

if this is the old audiophile store pa with a long hair dude salesman na tititigan ka lang kapag pumasok ka..ito ata ang worst sales team nila.

hahh palitan mo nayang avatar mo natatakot ako everytime na nakikita koyan naalala ko yung isang character sa pans labyrinth  :lol: :-D

+1. lol

my admin called their office before to inquire sa drums..pinagantay siya ng matagal sa fone. tapos noong dinampot uli noong rep, ang sabi.."na sa itaas pa ho iyong tao eh."
admin: "pwede po niyo tawagin?"
rep: "sige po"
...that was after waiting for 15 mins (and busy din ang administrator namin - so ang dating eh, magantay ka).. and guess what, hindi din binanggit ng nakasagot ng phone doon sa taong hinahanap may tawag siya.

@Bartsky

si     _ _ _ O ba iyon?

Spill it guys. C'mon.

Friends,

The next time something like this happens to you at a music store, restaurant, dept. store etc., complain immediately to the supervisor or branch manager without (don't stoop down to their level) making a scene.  If you are not satisfied with how the supervisor or branch manager reacts, demand to talk to their immediate supervisor.  It's a hassle really but you'll be surprised with the results --- in my case, I got a bunch of freebies!  It also guarantees that their mistakes will be corrected because they will learn from it (somebody had to pay for the freebies I got).  It will also correct the erring employee/s misconstrued belief that customers not do anything about the way they handle customers.

But in all fairness, I am only saying this under the assumption that the customer didn't do anything wrong.  If we have bad stories about salespeople, I'm sure that there are also real bad stories from salespeople re: customers.
Both sides do not deserve abusive and intolerable people.

Perfect.

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2010, 04:12:00 AM »
Here's a weird thing at AP cubao. When the new Peavey Valveking came out, I went to AP Cubao to check it out. I was at the very end of their glass showcase and a guy with a trolley came in with 3 or 4 1x12 Valveking combos stacked (boxed). Towards the end of the glass showcase, he immediately stopped. The box on the very top fell to the ground  :-o :-o :-o and he just picked it up and put it in an up right position. We're talking about a 3 ft fall. lawl.

I asked him, masisira ba yun? Pano kung may problema?

Hindi sir. Pag meron, balik nalang agad.

Offline alex_kayat

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2010, 06:37:31 AM »
Here's a weird thing at AP cubao. When the new Peavey Valveking came out, I went to AP Cubao to check it out. I was at the very end of their glass showcase and a guy with a trolley came in with 3 or 4 1x12 Valveking combos stacked (boxed). Towards the end of the glass showcase, he immediately stopped. The box on the very top fell to the ground  :-o :-o :-o and he just picked it up and put it in an up right position. We're talking about a 3 ft fall. lawl.

I asked him, masisira ba yun? Pano kung may problema?

Hindi sir. Pag meron, balik nalang agad.

Sa trolley palang yan ha. Pano nalang yung nasa delivery truck palang?  :cry:

Offline kaloyski

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »
hindi ko talaga maintndihan kung bakit ang hilig nilang sumagot ng "naku sir, mahal 'yun!" paano kung si Bill Gates o kung sino mang pinakamayamang tao sa mundo ang customer na kaharap mo?  :|

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2010, 09:28:07 AM »
Medyo mahaba to. Pasensya na.

After buying my valveking 112 @ AP MOA, wala pang 1 week busted na agad yun 1 power tube. Mukhang nasa breaking point na yun tube noong nakuha ko kasi ok pa sya while I was testing it @ the store. Akala ko madali lang magagawa yun amp ko. Akala ko dadalhin ko lang yun amp sa branch na binilhan ko, papalitan nila yun tubes tapos maiuuwi ko na rin agad. Nun tinawagan ko sila at sabihin sira yun amp ko (under warranty pa naman), hindi pala ganon and sistema nila. Ang unang sinabi sakin, dalhin ko daw sa AP Marikina kasi dun lang daw yun branch na authorized magrepair. Napamura talaga ako. Sinabi kong taga Cavite ako at walang akong sariling sasakyan. How the hell I am suppose to bring my amp to Marikina (and it weighs freakin' 50lbs goddamit!!!)??? Then ang sabi dalhin ko na lang daw sa AP Festival at iwan ko dun. Sila na daw bahala magdala sa Marikina. Tinanong ko kung gaano katagal aabutin yun repair since tube replacement lang naman, ang sabi nun kausap ko, hindi daw nya alam. Napamura ulit ako tapos sabi ko, taena sige, wag na lang. Sabay baba ng telepono. I ended up buying a new pair of power tubes and replaced them myself. Kung sa kanila ko to pinaayos, baka dumami pa lalo sira at kung ano ano pa palitan na parts.

Mas ok pa kadeal mga tao dito sa PhilMu. (walang halong bola yan ha!  :-D)
www.soundclick.com/viruprison | www.soundcloud.com/lei-guitarist

Don't let the gearhead kill the musician in you. Philmusic s/b PhilGEAR

Offline yahoo!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2010, 09:46:32 AM »
Medyo mahaba to. Pasensya na.

After buying my valveking 112 @ AP MOA, wala pang 1 week busted na agad yun 1 power tube.
mukha atang nalaspag na yun amp mo bago mo pa bilhin :|
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 09:48:42 AM by yahoo! »

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2010, 09:54:43 AM »
mukha atang nalaspag na yun amp mo bago mo pa bilhin :|
Dun ako nagtataka kasi nagpakuha pa ako ng stock na selyado pa. Umiilaw pa yun 2 tubes nun tinesting ko, after almost a week, ayun, basag yun isa. Kumalas yun bote.

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2010, 10:07:19 AM »
Lemons are almost always a given. Medyo minalas ka lang kasi ikaw yung naka jackpot.

Sila na daw bahala magdala sa Marikina. Tinanong ko kung gaano katagal aabutin yun repair since tube replacement lang naman, ang sabi nun kausap ko, hindi daw nya alam. Napamura ulit ako tapos sabi ko, [ice cream] sige, wag na lang.
I think Audiophile was reasonable at this stage. Mahirap talaga mag commit ng repair time table kung hindi sila sigurado sa tunay na sira. Medyo nakakaasar on our part as customers, I know. But it would be foolish for them to take our word for it without seeing the defective item in person. And I admit, as a generally impatient guy, that it took me a long while to understand this.

That is something that I cannot agree with you based on personal experience. Been buying from Yupangco since I was 6 years old. Worst customer service ever. When I got asked them to fix my washburn (in the 90's), it took them 11 months to tell me....'sir, wala pong replacement para sa locking nut ninyo para sa gitara." But again, this is my experience with them.
I think they've significantly improved since the 1990's. It was a different era for all existing music stores back then.

With this in mind, if we are to share horror stories, I think it would be more helpful if we limit it to more recent ones. Like, within this year? Let's face it... (with the possible exception of Eric from Audiophile main because he's been consistent) most old stories are already irrelevant.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline Boxedking

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2010, 10:17:18 AM »
I think Audiophile was reasonable at this stage. Mahirap talaga mag commit ng repair time table kung hindi sila sigurado sa tunay na sira. Medyo nakakaasar on our part as customers, I know. But it would be foolish for them to take our word for it without seeing the defective item in person. And I admit, as a generally impatient guy, that it took me a long while to understand this.

I was trying to keep a cool head while I was talking to the guy from AP MOA. I was giving him every detail of the problem I encoutered with my recently bought item. Kaso narealize ko yun matinding hassle na pagdadaanan ko ulit kapag ihahatid ko na yun amp. Noong binili ko yun amp, kinaya ko pa from MOA to Dasma, Cavite. Btw, commute lang ako noon. Pero from Cavite to Marikina? Oh damn. Baka mangayayat ako pagdating sa Marikina. :-D  :lol:

Offline bill_navarette

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #89 on: September 17, 2010, 11:07:38 AM »
Wow, so many interesting replies. Well anyways, last night when I got home I opened the amp, yung reverb unit lan gyung nag loose, adhesive lang ok na. DI ko muna ni fix kagabi kase 12mn na at wala ako sa mood maghanap ng super glue or something to stick the foam.

Yung reverb unit usually spring lang yun sa loob, nakapatong sa foam. Yung foam ang natanggal ang pagkakadikit kaya nee dlang i tape. ni try ko i balik sa dating position without using an adhesive yet, oks na ang sound bumalik na sa dati.

At ang napansin ko, wala naman warranty seal or sticker ako na natanggal. as in wala. I'll take another check later when I get home.

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #90 on: September 17, 2010, 11:19:41 AM »
He he...some salesmen (but not all, unfair naman yung mga humble) in popular music stores here in the Phils. have a feeling CEO Rock God Illusion Delusion Dilemna...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:23:24 AM by alalala »
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957

Offline quaternotetriplet

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #91 on: September 17, 2010, 12:01:46 PM »
basta issue ko lang sa kanila bakit di na lang nila ilagay yung price ng item .....
as a consumer yun muna ang inaalam natin kung pasok ba sa budget....
minsan pagnagtatanung ka with the facial reaction na parang gusto nila
sabihin na "bibili ka ba or magttanung ka lang"....  :-( :-( :-(

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 :evil:
h

Offline alalala

• Veteran Member
« Reply #92 on: September 17, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »
Maybe those with bad experiences should complain this to the Dept. of Trade, parang yung mga tindahan na meron No Return No Exchange.
We do electrics,acoustics, and basses:electronics/body repairs, refrets/fretboard recond. and custom graphics/airbrush painting/refinishing, 4304394/09156538433 http://www.facebook.com/al11011957

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #93 on: September 17, 2010, 12:49:35 PM »
actually there was this one time na naglagay sila ng prices sa products nila, I noticed kasi, whenever I go to MOA I always stop by AP and see what new prestige guitar they have and I was surprised may pricetag na malaki that one time....pero the next week wala nadin, tinanggal, siguro may nag inspect or something kasi it was the only time I saw them have those visible price tags...

I was actually happy to see those price tags, kasi di ko na kinailangan itanong kung magkano yung prestige ibanez

sawa na ako sabihan ng, "mahal yan"   hahay

Offline kimboy

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #94 on: September 17, 2010, 01:37:27 PM »
eh yung "meron, less 3% kapag cash".

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #95 on: September 17, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
wala silang maayos na systema
wala silang SOP for client
walang proper procedure
walang kwenta sayang ang mga product nila nasisira ang pangalan
dahil sa maling systema
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline galingnamanon

• Veteran Member
« Reply #96 on: September 17, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
onga..strange nga..there was a time nga na me price tags nga sila..ewan..maybe their price changes too often for them to keep up with price tags?or nobody wants to go to the trouble of putting tags?hell if they're too tamad to even look at price list (from previous stories)..what makes you think they'll go to the trouble of putting price tags?haha..ewan ko lang..

(when i ask them about prices though..usually alam na alam na ng mga reps don yung price..mukhang yung mga tinatanong kong items..madami na siguro nagtanong tungkol don..kaya no need to look at price list maybe)

..but seriously..ok naman experience ko sa audiophile..kahit sa phone pag nagiinquire ako..(bihira lang though)

..but since this is about after sales service..have no real experience - haven't bought any stuff with warranties from them yet..hehe..bihira ako don..

..mukhang hassle lang tlga siguro kasi malayo ang service center..it would be nice though if they offered the option of them bringing it for you first di ba (maybe they just don't have room in their stores to house damaged items..and magugulohan logistics din nila?ewan - but still..dapat hindi baliwalain ang after sales service..hanap sila paraan..sila rin ang nasisiraan eh)

« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:22:05 PM by galingnamanon »
"..you know..it's a very strong day today.." - SRV

Offline hamsterjamster

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2010, 03:02:24 PM »
i didn't have any bad experiences naman with audiophile. so far the staff there have treated me ok naman. they even give free catalogues hehe..:) i'm more uncomfortable with yupangco (though not all staff)

Offline edeleon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2010, 06:04:51 PM »
To my brothers and sisters in the music industry

A friend of mine has recently brought to my attention, the particularly bad reputation that I have been getting in the forums. While the “punk” in me just sings out the famous Joan Jett song of the same name, it saddens me to find out that I have made proverbial enemies among people who quite frankly are the reasons I can still put food on the table.

Believing in my knowledge, the products I handle, and in the company I work for might have obscured my initial vision of service, replaced by arrogance and indifference for which I offer my sincerest and deepest apologies. While I have very little say in the company’s policies and procedures, please be assured that your comments about me at least will be taken not as insults, but as a way for me to improve as a person.

Please feel free to share your insights with me privately. A discreet conversation is sometimes more productive than public humiliation. “Sorry talaga sa lahat ng na-offend ko sa inyo, hindi na po mauulit…” Music store guys have their bad days too but once understood they can be the best friends you’ll ever know.

Sincerely
Eric de Leon

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »
^
^
^
cool may nagtake notice din....I guess making this thread wasn't just for naught after all