hulika

Author Topic: Audiophile: feedbacks  (Read 65797 times)

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Audiophile: feedbacks
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2010, 10:34:35 PM »
Customer support (after sales service) is basically based on the warranty of a certain bought item. When you buy an item from an authorized dealer (in this case AP), the dealer fills in the warranty card. The customer signs the card to signify that he/she agrees with terms and conditions of the warranty and the card is registered. In some cases, the customer is given the responsibility to send the warranty by mail to be registered. Some dealers even offer extended warranty services but at an additional cost to the customer. The warranty card is also most of the time accompanied by a list of Authorized Service Centers and in fine print indicates not to bring a faulty product back to the store. Instead, instructions are given to send or bring the unit/item to an authorized service center. Shipping expense is also charged to the customer.

I think we’re just expecting too much because of our “customer is always right” mentality. If we just read the warranty terms and conditions carefully, we’ll know exactly what to expect. In my opinion, the store is already extending their services if they offer to accept and take a faulty product to the service center.

Even service centers sometimes refuse service if the warranty is expired.

OT
I’ve been to a lot of music stores everywhere and have seen these signs on almost all of them. You can actually test stuff all you want but beware of these signs.

“IF YOU BREAK IT, IT’S CONSIDERED SOLD”

“WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE”

The first is self explanatory. There’s a lot of grey matter on the second sign. In most stores, it actually pertains to unruly and arrogant customers. :-)

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #151 on: September 20, 2010, 12:29:30 AM »
im still waiting for my Peavey to break so i could test their after sales service...

ay wag nalang baka ma disappoint pako.. kay mang raul dapat pala, mas magaling pa :lol:
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones

Offline analog.matt

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #152 on: September 20, 2010, 06:58:52 AM »
Customer support (after sales service) is basically based on the warranty of a certain bought item. When you buy an item from an authorized dealer (in this case AP), the dealer fills in the warranty card. The customer signs the card to signify that he/she agrees with terms and conditions of the warranty and the card is registered. In some cases, the customer is given the responsibility to send the warranty by mail to be registered. Some dealers even offer extended warranty services but at an additional cost to the customer. The warranty card is also most of the time accompanied by a list of Authorized Service Centers and in fine print indicates not to bring a faulty product back to the store. Instead, instructions are given to send or bring the unit/item to an authorized service center. Shipping expense is also charged to the customer.

I think we’re just expecting too much because of our “customer is always right” mentality. If we just read the warranty terms and conditions carefully, we’ll know exactly what to expect. In my opinion, the store is already extending their services if they offer to accept and take a faulty product to the service center.

Even service centers sometimes refuse service if the warranty is expired.

OT
I’ve been to a lot of music stores everywhere and have seen these signs on almost all of them. You can actually test stuff all you want but beware of these signs.

“IF YOU BREAK IT, IT’S CONSIDERED SOLD”

“WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE”

The first is self explanatory. There’s a lot of grey matter on the second sign. In most stores, it actually pertains to unruly and arrogant customers. :-)

Tama kayo sir. A lot of people bring the "Customer is always right" mentality to the extreme.

I'd like to add, there are also Trade Laws to consider. But we all know how the LAW goes in the Phils.

Tulad din sa ibang bansa, hanggat makakalusot, sellers will. Reminding them of the Consumer and Trade Laws will put the delinquent stores in the right place. Ewan ko lang sa atin kung gaano kadali mag paalala.

a few years ago i argued with a big name chain store. we were talking about the warranties. i should take it up with the manufacturer daw. a simple reminder made him back off. he was in clear breach of the law.

eto yung mga problema na dapat inaasikaso ng mga law makers natin. that is kung up to date ba ang laws. meron bang industry na hindi properly represented (music industry) ng batas, linawin ang grey areas etc etc... sex scandals can reach the senate but not more relevant problems like these. :-D
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 07:00:55 AM by analog.matt »

Offline jodencio

« Reply #153 on: September 20, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »
why and what is the reason why they don't put price tags on their items. anyone here? from audiophile? just wondering?
idol ko si dax espinosa!

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #154 on: September 20, 2010, 08:17:43 AM »
why and what is the reason why they don't put price tags on their items. anyone here? from audiophile? just wondering?

'weather weather lang' pricing system  :lol:, you should write a letter dencio..

Offline jodencio

« Reply #155 on: September 20, 2010, 09:04:38 AM »
'weather weather lang' pricing system  :lol:, you should write a letter dencio..

it also confuses second hand sellers here in philmusic. sometimes when they sell the second hand they tend to overprice it. :)

i guess audiophile should take this thread seriously. and they should come up with answers to settle problems like warranties, price tags, etc. if they can put store policy visible to anyone, that would be better. hope this will be settled soon! peace!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:12:05 AM by jodencio »
idol ko si dax espinosa!

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #156 on: September 20, 2010, 09:58:44 AM »
they should put the price, para hindi na kami tanong ng tanong. para hindi narin kami magttry ng guitar, then pag tinanong namin ang price, out of our league pala.

at kung magtry man kami kahit wala pang pera, that means we are planning to buy pag may pera na. para alam na namin ang gusto namin pag may pera na. may ibang tao kasi na gusto na alam na nila ang gusto nila, para pag dating ng pera, bili agad, hindi yung mag hahanap palang at magttry.

ON TOPIC:

pag bibili ka tanong mo na agad ang warranty, ang coverage ng warranty. kung may warranty card, basahin ng mabuti. para di tayo mag aask beyond the warranty coverage.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #157 on: September 20, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
it also confuses second hand sellers here in philmusic. sometimes when they sell the second hand they tend to overprice it. :)

i guess audiophile should take this thread seriously. and they should come up with answers to settle problems like warranties, price tags, etc. if they can put store policy visible to anyone, that would be better. hope this will be settled soon! peace!

so if im getting this correctly there are no price tag on every item there?

what the hell?

para pag dating ng pera, bili agad, hindi yung mag hahanap palang at magttry.

but the most often the basic concept when it comes to gear buying is try before you buy unless the source is reputable(like ishibashi)...or me lol

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #158 on: September 20, 2010, 10:07:54 AM »
These salesmen need tons of training and a crash course on elementary G.M.R.C.

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2010, 10:17:32 AM »

what the hell?

sa audiophile, yeah, majority of the products don't have price tags, tapos parang nakakatakot magtanong sa mga staff ng price  :-D

sa JB music naman, kahit laging sale, lahat naman ng products eh may price tag.

but the most often the basic concept when it comes to gear buying is try before you buy unless the source is reputable(like ishibashi)...or me lol

problem here is, they get all grumpy when you try something then you don't end up buying it (based on my experiences), as if trying something out obligates you to buy.

Offline region III

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #160 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:49 AM »

what the hell?

from what i read, there are no price tags on their items. i normally go to a music store with a certain budget limit in mind. if there are no price tags, i will be wasting my time and salesperson's time asking for the prices. and besides, aren't there any laws to govern this sort of thing? :?

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #161 on: September 20, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
sa audiophile, yeah, majority of the products don't have price tags, tapos parang nakakatakot magtanong sa mga staff ng price  :-D

haha, even the small mom and pop stores here run by OLD people are friendly enough(dont expect to find tone connoisseur's here lol), and honest to tell you they dont know much about fixing up guitars..

problem here is, they get all grumpy when you try something then you don't end up buying it (based on my experiences), as if trying something out obligates you to buy.

tsk2x, management should be notified..that business practice has got to change..

Offline red_hot

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #162 on: September 20, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
basta issue ko lang sa kanila bakit di na lang nila ilagay yung price ng item .....
as a consumer yun muna ang inaalam natin kung pasok ba sa budget....
minsan pagnagtatanung ka with the facial reaction na parang gusto nila
sabihin na "bibili ka ba or magttanung ka lang"....  :-( :-( :-(

so true!!!
God Of Sin

"Evolution of Dime"   Mic Foam For Sale http://talk.philmusic.com/board/index.php/topic,227373.0.html

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2010, 10:42:40 AM »
im still waiting for my Peavey to break so i could test their after sales service...

ay wag nalang baka ma disappoint pako.. kay mang raul dapat pala, mas magaling pa :lol:

We will die, but our Peavey amps will still live ahead of us.. lol.

what the hell?

Not all.. mostly yung mga gitara lang na nakasabit ang walang price tag.. small items like pedals, accessories, and even amps, have price tags. well, at least dun sa branch na lagi kong pinupuntahan..

Offline music_adik_to

• Veteran Member
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2010, 11:21:33 AM »

Not all.. mostly yung mga gitara lang na nakasabit ang walang price tag.. small items like pedals, accessories, and even amps, have price tags. well, at least dun sa branch na lagi kong pinupuntahan..

sa AP Alimall, Halos Wala lahat price tag... parang 3%-5% lang ata. para ngan wala eh di ko sure kasi last time na pumunta ako ni accessory na tiping tremolo walang price tag eh :x
BOSS GT-10 - Sold to mentee
Traded CoolCat Transparent OD to - bembmd
EHX #1 Echo - Sold to non forumer @ classifieds CoolCat Chorus - Sold to mbsunga DOD EQ - Sold to faroutman Boss DS-1 (BritMod) - Sold to bawalangpork Line6 UX1 - Sold to lindtayl

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #165 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:01 AM »
sa AP Alimall, Halos Wala lahat price tag... parang 3%-5% lang ata. para ngan wala eh di ko sure kasi last time na pumunta ako ni accessory na tiping tremolo walang price tag eh :x

Wow.. 3-5% lang? sobrang kakaiba pala.. sa Alabang kasi, they have this big shelf for all pedals and accessories, nakadisplay lahat with price tags.. sa likod nung shelf, nakasabit sa pader iba pang accessories at strings, etc, still with price tags.. sa gitna ng showroom, andun yung mga amps (90%, it not 100% have price tags).. then sa kabilang wall, andun nakasabit mga gitara.. some have prices, others have none.. pero may nakasulat na "Please ask for assistance", so ayun.. pag hindi ka nilapitan ng personnel, kaw nalang humingi ng tulong sa kanila.. never din talaga ako naka encounter dun ng "sir mahal yan".. lol..

Offline jefisipbata

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #166 on: September 20, 2010, 11:34:56 AM »
Wow.. 3-5% lang? sobrang kakaiba pala.. sa Alabang kasi, they have this big shelf for all pedals and accessories, nakadisplay lahat with price tags.. sa likod nung shelf, nakasabit sa pader iba pang accessories at strings, etc, still with price tags.. sa gitna ng showroom, andun yung mga amps (90%, it not 100% have price tags).. then sa kabilang wall, andun nakasabit mga gitara.. some have prices, others have none.. pero may nakasulat na "Please ask for assistance", so ayun.. pag hindi ka nilapitan ng personnel, kaw nalang humingi ng tulong sa kanila.. never din talaga ako naka encounter dun ng "sir mahal yan".. lol..

buti ka pa, ako last na punta ko dyan, bibili ako ng instrument cable kase may togs dito sa office tapos naiwan ko cable ko, nung nagtanong ako ng ready made cables nila, tiningnan ako ng masama (not sure why, pero naka pang office attire ako that time, and i don't look "musician" enough) then sabi "mahal tong cables namin eh", buti na lang may hi-fi lounge sa taas, dun ako nakabili ng cables.

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #167 on: September 20, 2010, 11:36:15 AM »

what i meant was, even though we dont have money pa, we try the guitars beforehand, so we know what we want..

so when time comes that we have enough money na, we know what guitar to find in a particular store, konting try try nalang.. as opposed from trying and looking for guitar from zero..

kasi ang ibang salesman sinasabi, wag kang magtry kung wala kapang pambili..

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #168 on: September 20, 2010, 11:39:16 AM »
buti ka pa, ako last na punta ko dyan, bibili ako ng instrument cable kase may togs dito sa office tapos naiwan ko cable ko, nung nagtanong ako ng ready made cables nila, tiningnan ako ng masama (not sure why, pero naka pang office attire ako that time, and i don't look "musician" enough) then sabi "mahal tong cables namin eh", buti na lang may hi-fi lounge sa taas, dun ako nakabili ng cables.

eh? grabe.. kaiba yun ah..

OT: nung nagpunta ako sa Hi-FI Lounge, sobrang bait ng mga tao at honest.. naghahanap ako ng mic cable, sabi nila mag Nobelles nalang daw ako sa AP kasi mas matibay daw yun kahit medyo mahal..

Offline pitongjerome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2010, 11:41:36 AM »
We will die, but our Peavey amps will still live ahead of us.. lol.

but not the expensive power tubes heheh..

sa jb park square natry ko na magpagawa ng amp sa carvin ag100d ko, bata pa ako nun, ambabait naman nila.. but that was maybe because.. i was with both of my parents.

Offline music_adik_to

• Veteran Member
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2010, 11:44:27 AM »

uu totoo bro... walang biro... ewan ko parang magulo ata management nila... kaya pati staff nila sa mga ibang branch ay hindi maganda attitudes... walang training and disciplinary action...

On Topic:

siguro nga yun ang terms and condition ng warranty ng audiophile na dadalhin mismo ng customer yung gamit sa marikina pag sira... But men, It is sooooooooo inconvenient, panu kung galing ka sa pinakamalayong AP?... ano bang klaseng Customer Service ito?...
BOSS GT-10 - Sold to mentee
Traded CoolCat Transparent OD to - bembmd
EHX #1 Echo - Sold to non forumer @ classifieds CoolCat Chorus - Sold to mbsunga DOD EQ - Sold to faroutman Boss DS-1 (BritMod) - Sold to bawalangpork Line6 UX1 - Sold to lindtayl

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: September 20, 2010, 01:43:37 PM »
AUDIOPHILE+ BASTOS= LAOS...

FAVORITE QUOTE KO SA KANILA:

--- Mahal yan ser
--- Bibili kaba?

Kupal talaga :-P

Offline edeleon

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #172 on: September 20, 2010, 03:05:50 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone, especially the thread starter.

Please allow me to address the foremost topics in this thread...

1) After Sales Service (with emphasis on pick-up and drop-off points for repair items) - I personally sympathize and agree that you should be able to have your units serviced (or have them brought to the Service Dept) at the branch where you purchased  it from. Like I said, "I have very little say with the company's policies and procedures" but I shall take this matter up with upper management at the earliest opportunity.

2) Price tags - The company I used to work for, advocated the "no price tag rule" so that the salesman can start a conversation with the customer. But it seems that some customers would rather find out the retail price for themselves. I shall take this one up with management as well with the hopes of making price tags standard policy.

3) Arrogant salesmen (and security guards) - Please inform me privately of anyone in need of reminding. Along with my personal improvement, I seek to have all the staff follow the highest standards of customer service.

OT: Everybody's got their moods and nobody's perfect. This is true from the music store salesman who has to wake up early in the morning, deal with commuting and traffic only to arrive late and be penalized for every minute of tardiness...to the call center representative who gets [gooey brown stuff] all day at the help desk, who ends a call with "[apple] mo, kano!" fearing that his section might be closed down for not reaching quota...to the aspiring guitar god/black sheep of the family who cuts classes and takes his girlfriend to a nearby music store to show her a new song he learned only to be dismissed as "boy testing" and "buraot" by the store's staff.......the point of this short monologue is: Crap begets crap and I'm sorry that it happened to you.

But attention, music store brothers and sisters, and I mean ALL MUSIC STORES, "lahat tayo nagtatrabaho sa loob ng aquarium and open to all sorts of criticism especially from forums such as this." "Kaya ayusin natin ang trabaho nating lahat!" And to our loyal  customers, please be assured that I will do my part to try and improve our services.

Sincerely,
Eric de Leon

Offline lykenhowl

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:57 PM »
Ayaw maglagay ng pricetag pero magagalit pag tinanong mo? weiiiiiiird.

Offline pualux

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #174 on: September 20, 2010, 03:59:44 PM »
Ayaw maglagay ng pricetag pero magagalit pag tinanong mo? weiiiiiiird.
ironic noh?  they did that so the staff could have a conversation with the customer pero parang ayaw naman tayo kausapin pag nagtanong.