hulika

Author Topic: Marshall VS65R amp  (Read 1950 times)

Offline pjrodz

Marshall VS65R amp
« on: July 22, 2006, 12:40:02 PM »
mga sir, any inputs on these amp? ok ba sya? magkano ba bentahan nya dati? thanks!  :)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 12:51:40 PM »
The Harmony Central reviews are satisfactorily accurate as far as they go.

The clean channel is predictably warmer than Fender and Peavey solid state amps. But tweaking the EQ can compensate a little.

I think the OD channel comes pretty close to the sound of the Marshall dirtboxes. I remember taking out the Shredmaster from my pedal setup because it was a bit redundant already.

Replacing the preamp tube can improve the sound somewhat.

Overall, I can't complain about anything. But I did sell mine recently. Shift in preferences.

I sold mine for 11k which included a footswitch and a spare Sovtek tube. I myself wouldn't buy one for over 12k, and that's assuming a footswitch is included (a spare tube wouldn't hurt either).
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline pjrodz

Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »
thanks sir! :) btw, san po ba nakakabili/madali pa ba makabili ng replacement tubes for this amp model? and what replacement tube do you suggest po? salamat ulit!  :)

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 01:23:34 PM »
at the very least, get a Sovtek. 12AX7 lang ang tube nun. meron sa Audiophile. and replace it only if necessary. disente naman yung stock tube e.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline pjrodz

Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 01:47:20 PM »
Quote from: Al_Librero
at the very least, get a Sovtek. 12AX7 lang ang tube nun. meron sa Audiophile. and replace it only if necessary. disente naman yung stock tube e.

thank you sir, btw sir ang daming models ng 12AX7 po sa audiophile, ano ba best po for this amp? thanks again! :)

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 02:12:29 PM »
first decent amp ko yang VS65R.. ganda nyan! madami na kaming pinagdaanan ng amp na yun (intrams sa HS, madaming gig, etc.) and reliability-wise, it never failed me. sa sound naman, the clean tone is good enough for straight-on playing and it blends with stompbox effects pretty well. di ko dapat ibebenta yung amp kong ganyan dati but i had an opportunity to buy a very good amp for a cheap price so binenta ko na eventually. san ka kukuha nyan bro? :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline Deadwing

• Philmusicus Addictus
Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 06:36:03 PM »
Love the sound of that amp.  I sometimes plug straight through without any pedals.  I put it through it's paces with a TS9 though.  It's the first "real" amp I've owned and of course was a godsent compared to the 15w Crate that I've continued to practice with at the time.  I've owned my VS65R for about 7 years now.

Offline knightburn

• Forum Fanatic
Marshall VS65R amp
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 08:00:13 PM »
Yeah. great AMP. That's what I'm using... gumaganda ang tunog ng OD nyan kapag matagal nang naka on  :wink:
Psalms 33:3 - Sing unto him a new song; play skilfully with a loud noise.

Ibanez SAS32FM, Washburn Mercury, Ibanez DE7, DOD FX17, MiAudio Crunchbox, Small Clone, Boss RV3, Digitech BadMonkey, Vox 847A, Zoom TriMetal, Fulldrive MOSFET