hulika

Author Topic: About pedal design/finish (1st post edited)  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
About pedal design/finish (1st post edited)
« on: December 05, 2010, 03:56:16 PM »
* Mods, if this thread is not supposed to be in Guitar Central, feel free to move it where it is appropriate.

Okay I'll keep it brief. I want to know where I can get my pedal with this kind of finish (see below). Glittery but not too much. Just right to notice especially when exposed to light. I'm thinking of silver or black glittery effect. No chromes.

As much as possible, I don't want to do it myself simply because I might mess it up. So please don't tell me to go to the hardware store and buy some weird-named paints. :lol:

Also, is this pedal (see below) powder-coated ? Where can I have my pedal done like this and is it possible to have this kind of finish; but with prints and other designs while retaining the same texture? Having a plain black design like the pic below is sooo Toneczar. I want to have a little more to appease my taste and to have that "custom" feel. :wink:

I'm still thinking whether I should have my pedal silk-screened or powder-coated. Need your insights about this. Dunno what I should go for. :|

*Edit:

Here's the thing. I've been asking around and it seems that there's not much designers/painters around that can do the job that I want. No luck on that. But, I did a quick research and I found out that HomeBrew Electronics uses powder-coating on their pedals; knowing that some of their pedals have that glitter effect that I want. Therefore, it is possible to use the powder-coating process and achieve that glitter effect. Question is:

Where can I have it done?

According to Jason (see below), Chrome Dazzler also does powder-coating. Think they can pull it off? I'll try to post the design soon so you guys can see it.

When all else fails, what do you think of using decals as the design of the pedal then having it clear-coated? Maybe it's the cheapest method but as much as possible, I don't want to use this. Precision is a must.

TIA music friends!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2010, 10:25:14 PM by gunslinger13 »
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: About pedal design/finish
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 07:06:31 PM »
something like this din ba?

Offline Gunslinger

• Tony Stark
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 08:15:06 PM »
^

Works. But I want a shiny finish sana. Or sa picture lang hindi mukang shiny?
Play   Guitar   To  Express..   Not   To   Impress.

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 08:20:11 PM »
sa nakita ko na other pics, yeah, shiny :-D I'm interested in knowing too. Had a pedal (home brew electronics) that had this shiny/glittery thing going on over an apple green finish. Looks great in person talaga. Not as bland as the usual pedal finishes.

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 09:24:17 PM »
There are spray paints na may touch ng glitter ang dating. Kumbaga sa RJ London na brand, meron sila nung ganyang black na may konting glitter effect, ang pangalan nung kulay ay "BLACK SPARKLE".  :-)

Offline KASALANAN

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 10:04:46 PM »
i think you have to bring it sa isang metal corporation/ firm/shop that does powder coating and the likes :-D
references:mrpentatonic,mavsweep,pepeman,guitarpoets, studiowan,shredmaestrobri,sereyor,darkflan,maniacally_cool,bentoinks, kurseth,caloi,alcohol,ryansatriani,rg570,jhule77,ARIS,freongang,jamesroy,brianlp,nimrodthebomber,gruthang,inigo,buls,tapslore,

Offline Jason

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 09:03:39 AM »
i think you have to bring it sa isang metal corporation/ firm/shop that does powder coating and the likes :-D
Chrome dazzler ay nagpo-powder coating yata  :wink:
Sucessful transactions: haha,Siore,Slowhandpal,ramnem,halo88,Bluemech,mghz33,Yhongers,Martney,Acousticky,OmegaRed,queking,sinonieayako,anton_mtegtr,indiemax,DyuN WhammY,

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 10:35:19 PM »
Well,most of the boutique and mass produced pedals are screen printed,and powder coated. Paints with glitters/metallic finishes are usually done by spray painting. You can have your local auto paint center mix an automotive acrylic or urathane paint/finish and have it painted by a professional.

Offline plugzzzz

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: About pedal design/finish (1st post edited)
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 11:38:12 PM »
car paint yan bro....
Kapag merong tanong o ikay naguguluhan igoogle mo

PLUGELECTRONIC'S RECTORIZER

Offline kawayan_strat

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: About pedal design/finish (1st post edited)
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2010, 11:58:04 AM »
car paint yan bro....
Di ba pwede car paint?

Offline paparoni

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2010, 01:31:21 PM »
Well,most of the boutique and mass produced pedals are screen printed,and powder coated. Paints with glitters/metallic finishes are usually done by spray painting. You can have your local auto paint center mix an automotive acrylic or urathane paint/finish and have it painted by a professional.

+1 

mura lang naman ang magpa-timpla ng gusto mong kulay, yung dupont car paint medyo may kamahalan.
yung glittery/metallic effect, pwede mo ipa-halo sa base color. pero mas lilitaw siya 'pag sa clear coat ihahalo  :-)