hulika

Author Topic: Best multi-track recording software?  (Read 7224 times)

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
Best multi-track recording software?
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:28:14 PM »
Guys i just wanna ask your opinion regarding the best software for home multi track recording. Adobe Audition 1.5/3.0 pa lang po natry ko and im using Windows XP. Any suggestion po? Thanks in advance!  :-D
By All Odds on facebook!
Hello Brooklyn on facebook!

Offline N1X

Re: Best multi-track recording software?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 01:09:53 PM »
mahirap kasi sabihin yung best e. kasi depende yan sa capabilities ng user. like me, I'm using Cakewalk for more than 7years kaya sanay nako dun. yung iba naman sa bi hindi raw maganda pang recording ang cakewalk.. Basta for me Cakewalk Music Creator

Offline deathrose23

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »
try mo 2l mixcraft acoustica v5.0 yn gamit ko ngaun..me built-in effect na for guitar, tz me virtual drums, keyboards & bass na din..sa bhay k lng studio na hehe

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 06:01:47 PM »
in my opinion, the best multi-track recording software is like choosing a woman to be with. there are times that the first one is the best since you learn to appreciate and learn more about it as the time passes by. sometimes, you just have to try another software since you have a hard time with the first software you used and realized that there are way better recording software around. also, there will be times that you have to keep several software since there are specific needs that a specific software can only give. :-D :-D :-D

in the end, it would just be best to start with a good tested recording software, learn and discover its up and down. research alot about it and love using it every time it's open and serving you in the pc.

serious answer, Ableton Live :lol: :lol: :lol:

“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis
 http://soundcloud.com/jammingpapu

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »
in my opinion, the best multi-track recording software is like choosing a woman to be with. there are times that the first one is the best since you learn to appreciate and learn more about it as the time passes by. sometimes, you just have to try another software since you have a hard time with the first software you used and realized that there are way better recording software around. also, there will be times that you have to keep several software since there are specific needs that a specific software can only give. :-D :-D :-D

in the end, it would just be best to start with a good tested recording software, learn and discover its up and down. research alot about it and love using it every time it's open and serving you in the pc.

thanks man! Nice share  :-D

By All Odds on facebook!

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 05:11:03 AM »
try mo 2l mixcraft acoustica v5.0 yn gamit ko ngaun..me built-in effect na for guitar, tz me virtual drums, keyboards & bass na din..sa bhay k lng studio na hehe

sige I'll try. Okay yung ah, may drums na hehe. Thanks bro
By All Odds on facebook!

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 02:17:55 PM »

This is a very subjective topic but I find that it depends on how a person works... and even thinks.

For one thing, it primarily depends on whether you approach recording in a linear or non-linear fashion. Traditional sequencers such as Pro Tools, Logic, Samplitude, Sonar and Cubase tend to favor linear thinking since these more closely resemble tape recording, whereas Live and FL is more of a non-linear approach since it is primarily loop-based. The division between linear and non-linear software is now becoming blurred since some DAWs include loop manipulation apps, an example being Sonar's Matrix editing which was derived from their defunct Project5 software - a direct competition to Ableton's Live.

One doesn't need the best software out there. As a long time reader of Future Music (along with it's associated CDs and DVDs), I have listened to some reader demos that were done using basic software and barebones equipment, and the results were both stunning and amazing. I guess it all depends on one's clarity of vision and the tenacity to which you hold on to it, regardless of what you have.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 03:45:02 PM »

This is a very subjective topic but I find that it depends on how a person works... and even thinks.

this. software interface layout which translates to comfortable and ease-of-use plays a very big factor. it just happen that a particular software works really with me. I agree that the total skill of the one who uses the software is much important than getting a full featured software. Unless it is really necessary. so even if it is just a freeware, an old version or the latest one, as long as the software is used and mixing is done properly, a good output is always obtainable.  just my 2 cents  :-)
“Man, you don't have to play a whole lot of notes. You just have to play the pretty ones.”
- Miles Davis

Offline yetsky

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »
it depends on ones comfortability in using the software. kanya-kanyang taste kung baga and on how you'll use it (ex. midi, virtual inst, plugins etc). :-D even the freewares are ok din. try Kristal Audio Engine or Audacity, mga free yan. As of now, 2 yrs ko na din gamit yun REAPER mas swak sa akin eh.  :-D

btw, jamming_papu na meet na kita once sa headstock bar jazz gig. guitarist ni edmund. Anyways nice bro ableton live panalo talga yan! :-D

Offline alien_inside

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 07:55:43 AM »
home or pro, NUENDO!!!
ALLEN VC PASCUA, Keyboardist, Arranger, Audio Engineer0947 233 2263 (Int'l Roaming) InterContinental Hotels Group

https://www.facebook.com/allenvcpascua

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2011, 09:10:15 AM »
basic software and barebones equipment, and the results were both stunning and amazing.

this is something.. thanks bro i guess this is what im looking for, mali lang siguro pagkakatanong ko. pasensya  :-D
By All Odds on facebook!

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
sakin mas madali gamitin ang audacity.. ginamit ko din yung sonar kokay din kaso medyo mahirap mag-edit..

multi-track? hindi siguro sa software ang kelangan.
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline KitC

• Prime Moderator
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2011, 07:59:25 AM »
sakin mas madali gamitin ang audacity.. ginamit ko din yung sonar kokay din kaso medyo mahirap mag-edit..

multitrack editing in Sonar is way easier than in audacity. V-vocal and audiosnap are especially invaluable since audacity lacks similar functionality.
Sonar 4.04PE/5.2PE/7.02PE/8.31 PE, Project 5 v2.5.1, EmulatorX 1.5, Cubase SL2, Ableton Live 7.14,  Intel Q6600 MSI P43 Neo 4Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2-800, Emu 1820m, Yamaha DSP Factory, Terratec DMX 6fire

Offline s2ry0fdyr

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2011, 08:45:06 PM »
OT:

who named Pro Tools as industry standard for recording?

Offline CeL1916

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2011, 04:54:40 PM »
multitrack editing in Sonar is way easier than in audacity. V-vocal and audiosnap are especially invaluable since audacity lacks similar functionality.

uhm ibig ko sabihin for newbie sir, kasi parang mas madali ang audacity's interface (siyempre sonar for decent multi-tracks, kaso sobrang dami niya features di ko alam gamitin hehe.. gaya nung midi :-D)

parang - audacity - MSpaint
            Sonar - photoshop :-D :-D :-D
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:56:18 PM by CeL1916 »
PM Transaction References: Rmansh/Miong_Magno/Pentagram_x/Julandmic09/Vanhatred/Liway77/cyrus2477/jracz_28/ichigo02/
thenameisjm/teddy_munoz/Xelly/haha/ekoy08/kalel_23/sensei_24/lucky/drahcirnna24/r_chino/ilikecarrots

Offline weareathome

« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 02:18:27 PM »

Ableton live will intimidate you at first cause it's unconventionally vertical, but when you press tab you're back in the game. Ableton live wins the game for me.

or kung mayaman ka mag reason-record ka pero di ko pa nattry yun eh.
[

Offline hermin

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2011, 08:09:31 PM »
try mo lahat,

If im not mistaken, lahat nang na suggest may demo software na downloadable sa website nila, or you could go open source like Audacity...

take your pick :)

ako I prefer Sony Acid pro
So [strawberry] what

Offline korgx5d

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2011, 04:01:08 AM »
try SONAR 8,,,sa drums try mo mg plug ins, like bfd2 or toontrack superior drums.
eto mga gngamit ko s mga project ko. :-D

Offline ARTificial

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2011, 04:11:33 AM »

Mukhang okay toh ah, parang sarap paglaruan.  :-D
The Dream is FREE, But the HUSTLE is sold separately

MOVE your Ass!

Offline ax2x3m

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
I use Cubase. It has kind of a steep learning curve pero it's worth it.

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:05 AM »
protools. :)
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline jamming_papu

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2011, 10:57:12 PM »
protools. :)

this. if i had the resources, i'll definitely get and try an industry standard for my very own room/project setup. PT9 looks really promising.  :-D :-D :-D
- Miles Davis

Offline randymarsh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 04:09:34 AM »
I have Protools 8.1 LE system for my DAW and I love it. May kasama na siyang instructional DVD on how to get started to record, layout tracks, midi sequencing, etc.  :-)
nuno : n4 2.0 n4esa, n4vintage, n4 silver sparkle, n5, n6, n7, n8esa
etc : yjm, axis, jp6, jpxi, jp12, jp13, lp 58 vos, lp 57 ri, lp standard, lp trad, am strat, am tele deluxe, jem7v, uv777, rg prestige, j custom, deluxe reverb, vai legacy, jcm900, axefx

Offline MYN11

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 12:06:11 PM »
Sonar user here for a long time. But I switched to Pro Tools when 8 came out. Never been happier. Now that 9 is out (and I'm currently using it), it's the best for me  :wink:

Offline Garner

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2011, 10:48:04 AM »
Sonar user here for a long time. But I switched to Pro Tools when 8 came out. Never been happier. Now that 9 is out (and I'm currently using it), it's the best for me  :wink:

Protools is for Mac right? Nice! Thanks sa mga share! Siguro nga little experiment is needed too, mas madali na nga lang ngayon kasi andito na sa thread lahat ng pede simulan.  :-D
By All Odds on facebook!