hulika

Author Topic: Ordering from Ishibashi  (Read 1891 times)

Offline caloyburger

Ordering from Ishibashi
« on: August 13, 2006, 11:07:40 AM »
Has anyone here ever ordered a Japanese Fender from Ishibashi?  If so how much was the total cost when it reached your doorstep?  Lets say a Japanese Telecaster 62' reissue is Y63,000 (P27,731.59) how much tax is usually added up when it reaches here?  Thanks!

Offline R0B1EP061

Re: Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2006, 01:12:18 PM »
Quote from: caloyburger
Has anyone here ever ordered a Japanese Fender from Ishibashi?  If so how much was the total cost when it reached your doorstep?  Lets say a Japanese Telecaster 62' reissue is Y63,000 (P27,731.59) how much tax is usually added up when it reaches here?  Thanks!

10,000 yen to ship. customs fee, it all depends on what they want. i sh1t you not. you're looking somwhere between 5k-10k. i suggest you ask about the import fee's and get it on paper so you would have something to back you up if they try to hustle with you.

Offline caloyburger

Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2006, 02:28:11 PM »
Ok thanks, so lets say the enitre shipping box weight is around 20-25lbs, the customs tax will still revolve around 5-10k? Plus I believe you still have to pay VAT or would that be inclusive in the customs tax?

Offline dtmateo

• Veteran Member
Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 03:37:43 PM »
Pansin ko lang sa mga Fender Strats na MIJ parang sobrang anlalayo ng gap ng wood grain sa fingerboard. Unlike yung mga made in USA na smooth saka pulido.
Melody over speed anytime!

Offline polarized06

• Forum Fanatic
Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 03:57:41 PM »
you can pm nathan....he was able to order a telecaster from ishibashi.. :) :)
....and this world...will be shaken by a whisper...

Massacridia at Youtube!

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2006, 09:17:00 PM »
shipping is 10 to 11k pag fedex. 5 to 6k kung EMS pero sabi sakin ni noriko they dont use EMS anymore. still, they deliver straight to your doorstep so bawas hassle of going to the PO and wondering if the people there tinkered with it.

customs fee is around 20% of item price plus shipping.

Offline fretburner

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2006, 09:55:33 PM »
Quote from: nathanmanansala
shipping is 10 to 11k pag fedex. 5 to 6k kung EMS pero sabi sakin ni noriko they dont use EMS anymore. still, they deliver straight to your doorstep so bawas hassle of going to the PO and wondering if the people there tinkered with it.

customs fee is around 20% of item price plus shipping.

when i had my duncan pups, i was charged around 18-20%... so that's about right. 5-6k shipping is a very good deal imo.
"We all come in from the cold
We come down from the wire
'Nd everybody warms themselves to a different fire..."

Offline caloyburger

Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2006, 11:34:05 PM »
Ok thanks guys, nako mga 40k abot for a new CIJ to be brought here  :(

Offline oist

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 11:39:25 AM »
wow... magandang business to ah.. hehe.. i have a friend in japan but i think he's never been to any ishibahi store yet..
papabili nga ako ng guitar sa kanya pagbalik nya next year e.. hehe

Offline nathanmanansala

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 08:28:27 PM »
Quote from: caloyburger
Ok thanks guys, nako mga 40k abot for a new CIJ to be brought here  :(

you'll feel better about it if you consider what buying a similar model locally would cost you. :lol:

'62ri from ishi, 40k. locally, you'd be lucky to get away with one for 80k, brand new. and they pickups on the one from ishi will probably be better too (either fender american vintage or texas specials). 8)

Offline caloyburger

Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 12:52:51 AM »
Very true, thats the going rate of Korean guitars here now...wish the 90's were back when you could buy a brand new Fender Japan 62 strat ri for 17k and an Epi Les Paul for 13k, oh well...I tried to pull the trigger this afternoon, at around 630pm, no one replied, looks like they're off for the weekend, will try on monday, cant wait for the guitar to get here!

Offline ice_man_jester

Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 03:06:05 AM »
for a 40-45K budget and looking to get a jap fender,,head down to singapore na lang..dami MIJ and CIJ fender..ma-te-test mo pa..prices of Japanese fenders range from 350 to a maximum of 700 USD..the 700 USD are the ones which have the alder body and texas specials or lace sensors..a cebu pacific flight costs only roughly 8K for a round trip ticket..na-test mo na personally yung guitar, nakapag bakasyon ka pa.. :D

Offline caloyburger

Ordering from Ishibashi
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 10:29:32 AM »
ice_man_jester:  hehe i wish I had the time...gusto ko na nga mag-bakasyon...  im trying out ishibashi since i heard that they have excellent service and per testimonials from other forums is that the axe that was delivered is perfect most of the time.  well see how this turns out...