hulika

Author Topic: Avril Lavigne-a pretty little debate  (Read 14824 times)

Offline yellowjunk

Avril Lavigne-a pretty little debate
« on: December 22, 2002, 12:57:56 PM »
I'm getting sick of checking the other avril threads so i decided to make one myself. umm..yeah.

poser
n 1: a person who habitually pretends to be something he is not
[synonyms: avril lavigne]

first of all, every one has his/her own view of things. and for avril, mine would totally be a negative one.

On her music:

• she said she wrote ALL the lyrics in her album. then in the CD it said 'co written by avril lavigne.'. well who cares cos they suck. she only added the 8 to 'sk8er boi'.

"It takes me 5 hours to straighten my hair.."

wow, thats so hardcore! *sarcasm*

• her voice is extremely annoying. not as irritating as [gooey brown stuff] spears', but irritating nonetheless.

• she cannot play the guitar. in complicated, you barely see her actually PLAYING the chorus, a verse, or whatever. maybe the intro, but my dog can play that.

quote from avril: "yeah, when i get the urge to write, i write... a lot. i sit down with a GUITAR PLAYER and write how i feel."

guitar player = see?

• her music is not and will never be PUNK ROCK. it is bubblegum pop.

Her attitude:

• she is not punk. wearing ties, arm warmers and spiked bracelets don't make you punk. stealing a fry from a guard doesn't make you punk. and listening to AVRIL will NEVER make you punk.

• she's a hypocrite. she disses everyone in the bubblegum pop culture but she's just the same.

• did you see her interview in myx? she was like:

"I don't really know anything about punk to talk about it."
"I guess im a little bit punk."

very smart, avril.

• she can't accept the fact that people see her as a pop icon... she keeps talking about accepting yourself blah blah blah stop putting out an image that's not you... well, avril, it shows through. stop pretending that you're not in some way a pop princess. a well-dressed pop princess, i must admit, a pop princess who can sing without sacrificing fabric, but still a pop princess.

I know that you avril-sheep will probably start some cult against me, or other anti-avril people, but go ahead. its a debate anyway. but before arguing.....get a brain. don't just say:

"aVrIL iS PrEtTy AnD cOoL!! YoU ArE JuSt JeAlOuSe!!!"

-end-
Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2002, 09:19:56 PM »
well done. i agree with you...

Offline wurm

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2002, 01:37:30 AM »
Sya lng nman nagsasabi n punk sya.....buti sana kung ung music nya is punk....

....the best punk are Green Day ,death by stereo, & dead kennedys....
"St. Anger 'round my neck.He never gets respect.
F*ck it all & f*ckin' no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets. Medallion Noose,I hang myself. St. Anger 'round my neck.  I feel my world shake like an ea

Offline yellowjunk

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2002, 02:50:17 PM »
have you read the recroom article on avril? anyway...

what kind of lame a$$hole would name a song sk8er boi.

oh, and I read this thing in that article:
"And if she takes all this time trying to label all of her music, she probably isn't what she says she is, cause she has to prove everything through her clothes. Your personality should come from the music you create, and if you are that pathetic to keep on classifying it, might as well forget it."

Offline avril14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2002, 03:18:35 PM »
just shut the f*ck up and not diss avril cuz you don't know her and i fckin don't know her but what's nice about her is that she's doing her thing...and dammit she's just 17!!! of course she's not that all perfect...so you have no f*ckin right to diss her...and besides...if you f*ckin hate her why do you know the lyrics to her songs and all her interviews??? just shut up and i don't wanna hear someone dissin on her again because of some repetitive crap again...man, you have no originality in your thread plus your wastin my time. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline yellowjunk

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2002, 03:25:16 PM »
man, i love these rabid Avril fans.

okay..

you said: "i ****in' don't know her" but you proclaimed just a few words later that these nice thing about her is that "she's doing her thing". *sings* walking contradictioooon...

lalala. i dislike Avril.

you have to admit though she's being marketed EXTREMELY well. and while i hate the fact that she's selling records based on image, you got to hand it to her management peeps. triple platinum in five months. i wish the same thing could be said for other talented but struggling bands.

as far as i know, im one of the FEW people that diss her in this forum, luv. And I just put everything here since i got tired of posting in the others, though i still might. I have the right to diss anybody i want, and i happened to pick avril so boo fckin hoo for you. she's certainly doing her thing, alright. she's being a POSER.

i cant shut up, im not even talking. if you want, you can come over here and superglue my hands together so i cant type.

i wouldn't care if you fans liked her. but its her damn ATTITUDE that gets me annoyed. people actually think that avril is PUNK. people who listen to avril actually think theyre PUNK.

how can i be wasting your time if YOU replied to this thread? ;) :rolleyes: :p :) :) :p

Offline avril14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2002, 03:55:37 PM »
ok, she's pop, she's trying hard. But i like her that's all. (and i like her hari) haha
and i think you are pretty immature. if you hate avril fine. hate her but you dont have to announce here. you know that there are avril fans here!

why dont u just shut up ok?!!!

damn it!

Offline avril14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2002, 03:56:14 PM »
i mean i like her hair!

Offline yellowjunk

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2002, 03:59:06 PM »
OMG!!! I JUST INSULTED AVRIL LAVIGNE!!! I SHUD BE LyKE ShOt OR SOMETHING!! OMG!!

im immature. bad for you, good for me. well fck maturity!

this is a message board, (unfortunately the intelligent ones are few) and i can post anything i want. we discuss things. i think this would be a better discussion than what eyeliner you should wear or how you can lose weight. don't you?  

oh, i like her hair too.
:cool:

pilya

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2002, 08:00:11 PM »
avril... yuck.
i also posted here an article about this POSER. under music genres, under pop. check it out.

Offline year2apocalypse

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2002, 08:17:40 PM »
Quote from: avril14
you know that there are avril fans here!

so far, it seems you're the only one...

pilya

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2002, 06:56:01 AM »
and i think you are pretty immature.
why dont u just shut up ok?!!!
damn it!

wow look who's immature... :rolleyes:

Offline avril14

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Re: Avril Lavigne-a pretty little debate
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2002, 03:23:59 PM »
Quote from: yellowjunk

• she said she wrote ALL the lyrics in her album. then in the CD it said 'co written by avril lavigne.'. well who cares cos they suck. she only added the 8 to 'sk8er boi'.

bet you're just one of those who can't do nuttin at home and all u ever think of is pop! lol! if you hate avril, then how cum you knoe all the lyrics to her songs and you know what's written in her cd? ohh...boy...seems like the anti-avril's got herself an avril cd of her own.  ;)

Offline marylie9

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2002, 04:55:23 PM »
may i correct you she's 18 and just for the record, swearing is a sign of imatture attitude ok:)
Smile!!! God Loves you!!!

Offline yellowjunk

yea..i don't like Avril...wee!!
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2002, 01:24:33 PM »

bet you're just one of those who can't do nuttin at home and all u ever think of is pop! lol! if you hate avril, then how cum you knoe all the lyrics to her songs and you know what's written in her cd? ohh...boy...seems like the anti-avril's got herself an avril cd of her own.  ;)

i say:

lots of avril fans ask anti-avril people (not even anti-avril... just people who dislike her and voice their opinion...) if we hate her so much, why do we know the lyrics to her songs and what she says in interviews?

it's because unlike lots of people, we like to back up what we say. i'm not just gonna say, "damn avril! she's such a hypocrite!" without first finding a reason why... that's just dumb! I mean, i have to know what i'm talking about to have a good opinion about it. that's why ya have to pay attention to these things.

why don't i like avril? i didn't just pick a day out of the blue to denounce / bash her or whatever... i looked at her lyrics, what she said and did. her lyrics are unimaginative, and most of them AREN'T HERS, sometimes completely, sometimes partly. I don't have the avril CD, so I can't check the credits about her songs, but from what I've researched... almost every song has more than one co-writer. really. it's horrendous.

in interviews, first she says she writes all her songs... then she says she just co-writes... what's next? it accidentally slips out she doesn't write them at all? i'm not against singing other people's songs, really, i'm not. but saying that YOU WROTE THEM YOURSELF when you DIDN'T is WRONG, kids. very wrong. avril should just let it out in the open she can't write (or PLAY her own songs, for that matter. SHE CAN'T PLAY THE GUITAR. live with it.) her own songs and let her talent for singing them be what's judged.

also: if she hates labels so much, she should stop labeling herself. i'm against labels, so i don't like calling anything punk or pop or whatever. but avril tries too hard to get this whole "punk" thing... hell, I don't even get the punk thing, but i like punk music. so let her dress the way she wants, i'm not against that, but i'm afraid she'll turn it into a fad.

:o

Offline vampire lestat

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2003, 05:44:53 PM »
I have an Avril cd that was originally meant for my nephew, but he didn't like it so he gave it to me.  So I listened to some of the songs (ok, just "Complicated" and "Sk8er Boi") and read their lyrics and all I can say is: She sounds ok.  No more, no less.  Her music (if you can actually call it HER music) isn't trash, but neither is it totally great.  It is every bit as catchy as any pop song in a punk disguise, but it isn't GREAT.  GREAT is Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven.  GREAT is Beethoven's Fur Elise.  It is John Lennon's Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds.  It is Dave Matthew's Satellite and Tracy Chapman's Revolution, but it is not Avril's Complicated nor is it her Sk8er Boi. :cool:
"To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour."      -- William Blake --

Offline wurm

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2003, 06:14:14 AM »
..wag na away ..kayo bati na...
"St. Anger 'round my neck.He never gets respect.
F*ck it all & f*ckin' no regrets
I hit the lights on these dark sets. Medallion Noose,I hang myself. St. Anger 'round my neck.  I feel my world shake like an ea

Offline duday

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2003, 01:34:54 PM »
these songs get stuck in your head because they play it sooo damn much on the radio and on the tele.....pretty soon they start playin in your head and you don't even know where the hell it came from ...ahhhh!!:eek: ...on a lighter note...i think the misfits is a great punk band !! :D

Offline isis

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2003, 03:12:09 PM »
i saw a clip of her at the grammys the other day. turns out she didn't even know who david bowie was ... sheeeesh. kids these days .... hehehe. :rolleyes:
i'm not crazy. the rest of the world is.

Offline yellowjunk

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2003, 09:52:59 PM »
i can't believe she just chose smells like teen spirit as her fave video.

Offline milhouse83

• Netizen Level
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2003, 06:58:42 PM »
I dont know much about Avril to diss her..but I dont think of her (and her music) too highly either. Speaking of punk..another great band would be The Offspring..but theyve lost it after Ixnay On The Hombre. I stopped listening to em when everyone else started liking "Pretty Fly For A White Guy" yech!!

Offline yusuke

• Philmusicus Noobitus
one word...
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 06:01:12 PM »
POSER!:eek:

Offline <][p0wEr b0y][>

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2003, 09:32:35 AM »
2 bad for A.L...hahaha!

pz...
<<][I GRAB the MIC and straight KICK your ASS][>>[/b]

Offline arnibal_high

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2003, 01:01:38 AM »
tataka lang ako kung bakit walang nakakapansin na iba yung boses niya tuwing magpperform ng live at tska dun sa recorded na songs niya. On her songs her voice sounds good, great even but when she performs like for the grammys and mtv asia awards, her voice is really different- way different. masyadong mababa tska parang hirap siya kumanta. di ako marunong kumanta so baka mail lang ako pero iba talaga eh.:D

Offline <][p0wEr b0y][>

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2003, 09:11:46 AM »
really?! haha i haven't notice that, cuz i never watch her perform live!

well it depends on what U sing but in terms of A.L i think her songz can be easily spit!!!

>> maybe they used 2 much vocie editing on her album...

pz~
<<][I GRAB the MIC and straight KICK your ASS][>>[/b]