hulika

Author Topic: Great tone isnt always's expensive ( video title ) share ko lang guys  (Read 57295 times)

Offline ungas123

Re: Great tone isnt always's expensive ( video title ) share ko lang guys
« Reply #300 on: February 18, 2011, 07:08:20 PM »
noong 1st page pa lang itong thread alam ko nang magiging bida na naman dito si firemodel :)

Offline aHeartThatNeverFade

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #301 on: February 18, 2011, 07:09:08 PM »
Sana naging MAGICIAN na lang ako para:

1. Magka-magic yung tele ko.
2. Hindi na ako mag-eensayo.
3. Makabili ng mga bowteeks amps and pedals (pati bowteek girls sama na natin. :evil:)
4. Lumabas na lang ng kusa kung ano man yang "tone" na sinasabi niyo.
5. Magkaroon tayo ng pare-parehas na utak na pare-parehas umandar.
6. Maisama na rin yung pare-parehas na pandinig para wala ng tanungan ng "what is the best/most Dist/OD/fuzz" whatsoever.
7. Maghulog ang langit ng araw o petsa na makapag-shoot out ang mga may alam sa "tone".
8. Malaman ng mga taong may iba't ibang karakter ang bawat isa sa kung ano ang gusto.
9. Maidagdag na hindi naman galing sa atin ang musika kaya dapat ipagpasalamat natin yun sa Diyos. at,
10. Maliwanagan tayong hindi natin makukuha ang perpektong "tone" dahil sa mentalidad ng taong "my gear is better than yours".

Samakatuwid, lahat ng bagay sa mundo ay may kanya-akanyang kagustuhan. Maligaya ako sa kung ano man ang meron ako. Kung may pagkakataon, 50/50 ang chance ko na mag-upgrade. Ang importante naman ay satisfaction ng tao. Maging masaya tayo sa pag-create ng music.  :lol: Hindi natin madadala sa langit ang mga gamit na yan.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 07:11:38 PM by aHeartThatNeverFade »
For He satisfies my longing soul and fills my hungry soul with goodness. -Psalms 107:9

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2011, 07:33:59 PM »
again: odd.

i was under the impression that the GAS-afflicted here keep shuffling gear around kasi, like me, they can't afford to just buy everything they want to try and gig with it for a few months. so ang solution is to sell what you have, no matter how much you like it, to afford the experimentation. and, in my case at least, i'm not really looking for "the best" or "the one" anymore. I just want to play something else, something different from what i already have.

i absolutely adored my '52ri. i thought it was the one guitar i'd play for the rest of my life. but i felt the itch and didnt have the cash. so i sold it when i wanted to experiment with SGs. at the time, i was thinking it'd be easy to buy it back if i wanted, of course. but it was soon sold. to someone who brought it to canada. :lol: so thats that. a few months later, scored another "The One" tele, then i itched again so i sold it too. :lol:

isnt that what its all the gear shuffling is about? scratching the itch? or ako lang yung ganun kalala ang need to play something new (not new as in brand new; just new to me)?

same here. i've been accused in the past that i don't know what i want. i guess some people don't understand the concept of gear rolling due to limited gear funds. 

just to correct you... yan mga gamit ni alex, overseas maraming may ganyan... mas marami pang mahal and unique, as ive said compare the Yaron to higend acoustics ive played e 1/3 o 1/4  lang presyo niyan ... guitars that are 20k up, madami ako nakakachat sa forums... they have all these expensive and wonderful instruments pero walang nagcocomment na panget yan sayo, itong akin ang maganda...  They praise their instruments w/o dissing somebody else's....

yeah, i was just about to say. MARAMI DITO SA PINAS MAS MAGANDA PA GEAR KESA KAY ALEX! kay farseer lang nga fraction lang ng cost ng guitars or amps niya ang isang acoustic nya. in the True Acoustic Tone thread we have healthy discussions on all kinds of guitar at all price ranges. informative, enlightening, and liberating ang usapan. walang nangmamaliit ng gear ng iba, just a gentle nudge towards something that might be better.  nasa nagdadala lang talaga yan... ;-)

kung gusto nyo magpa-apekto sa mga hirit ni Alex, kayo na ang may problema.  Alex will be Alex. You can't aim to be better than him, just be a better version of yourself.

Offline niehrx

• Netizen Level
« Reply #303 on: February 18, 2011, 08:27:41 PM »
parang napaka unfair naman kasi sa mamahalin mong gitara pag hindi mo kaya tumogtog ng maayos.
kung babae lang ang gitara hihiwalayan din kayo nyan pag nalamang you suck at playing.
kaya sa mga hindi pa magaling, maawa naman kayo sa mamahaling gitara nyo.
someone deserves it more.  :-D

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #304 on: February 18, 2011, 09:36:38 PM »
not as proficient??? lol......... listen to Mark K's song "Monteleone" ganun siya na move... this guy is a tone nut....  wala sa bling kaya highly regarded si monteleone...

Mark K...orders guitars from schecter custom shop(where tom anderson works), then when the shop closed then did Pensa-Suhr..well we know he uses both suhr and fender nowadays, but Mark is a gear nut and if he gets moved by Monteleone..thats alot of 'inspiration' or magic that touched him  :lol:

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #305 on: February 18, 2011, 09:44:20 PM »
kung gusto nyo magpa-apekto sa mga hirit ni Alex, kayo na ang may problema.  Alex will be Alex. You can't aim to be better than him, just be a better version of yourself.
I'm with you on this, Joric.

Gentlemen, take it from the people who've been there and done that.

parang napaka unfair naman kasi sa mamahalin mong gitara pag hindi mo kaya tumogtog ng maayos.
kung babae lang ang gitara hihiwalayan din kayo nyan pag nalamang you suck at playing.
kaya sa mga hindi pa magaling, maawa naman kayo sa mamahaling gitara nyo.
someone deserves it more.  :-D
It's easy and tempting to think so. But no. Bearing such a mentality only teeters one towards envy. If you feel that way, then you may be doing a disservice to yourself, as well. We are free to buy any guitar, and do whatever we please so long as we can afford it.
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #306 on: February 18, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
So you are saying that you are a better player than I?

There's only one  way to find out. and I'm not starting a fire here. This can be settled in a nice matter. and for you to prove to us all that you can play besides that serious knowledge of yours that to some are informative many think that what the heck is this guy saying, he can't even play. your video clip is even on signitures on some fellow forumer's, so it's a non working holiday on the 25th so bahala na kayo guys. sana wala ng reasons.com.
Dang! someone just got schooled:)

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: February 18, 2011, 10:24:52 PM »
reasons.com hahahaha! basta pinakamagandang tone buloy tsaka lakas tama. TAPOS!  :evil:

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #308 on: February 18, 2011, 10:30:13 PM »
eh kase malamang. may reason na naman na mahaba yan. haha :)) pa pogian na lang kung di manalo sa tone.

hahahaha. tigil na nga ako baka mapagsabihan nanaman ako. dame kase takot eh.

Offline spetsnaz1123

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: February 18, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »
with the amount of money fm55 will be paying Mr. Yaron, syempre kahit sinong seller/builder naman siguro sasakyan kung ano yung trip ni fm55, kung trip ni fm55 yung may magic na gitara syempre sasabihin din nung seller (yaron) oo sir may magic yan sir...pero syempre may background music "sasakyan kita sa lahat ng gusto mo..."  :-D

hindi ba the magic is in the fingers?...pabilisan ng kamay  :-D
'one never fails until he quits trying'

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #310 on: February 18, 2011, 10:33:56 PM »
kelangan ng matibay na ebidensya! video sample with clear sounds! GO GO GO!  :lol: Para matapos na yung tone tone tone!  :lol:

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #311 on: February 18, 2011, 10:37:49 PM »
Haha. wag ka na umasa bro at masasaktan ka lang. sa totoo lang wala na nga pupuntahan yung thread na to eh. mejo nonsense na. haha.
wala naman magpapatalo dito eh. tapos may minions pa si alex. hahaha. hay nako

*i will run away and hide, or not cause i have balls. not afraid to get in a little trouble.

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #312 on: February 18, 2011, 10:39:53 PM »

hindi ba the magic is in the fingers?...pabilisan ng kamay  :-D

nah. sa amp din :) has to be both.

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:24 PM »
bakit pag usapang tone lagi ata nandyan si fm55? :-D

one thing i observed here is that alex swears by his gear, it looks like he got "the holy grail tone", and that tone needs to be heard and shared,  para naman matauhan kami na di expert sa tone. seriously, it would help us here if only alex would do a quick soundclip of his gear, forget that lousy swirling demo, i bet marami namang better recording gear aside from a cellphone. if alex don't want to play it i guess there are some who are willing to volunteer. That magical TONE needs to be heard.

There's too much talk already,too much reading, but no audio clip.............di ba usapang TONE ito? :-D
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline tongski_02

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #314 on: February 18, 2011, 10:42:00 PM »

It's easy and tempting to think so. But no. Bearing such a mentality only teeters one towards envy. If you feel that way, then you may be doing a disservice to yourself, as well. We are free to buy any guitar, and do whatever we please so long as we can afford it.

TAMA!!!!!
lumanog > denio ds > hanabishi karaoke + hanabishi electric fan

Offline 7stringmachine

« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2011, 10:46:26 PM »
bakit pag usapang tone lagi ata nandyan si fm55? :-D

one thing i observed here is that alex swears by his gear, it looks like he got "the holy grail tone", and that tone needs to be heard and shared,  para naman matauhan kami na di expert sa tone. seriously, it would help us here if only alex would do a quick soundclip of his gear, forget that lousy swirling demo, i bet marami namang better recording gear aside from a cellphone. if alex don't want to play it i guess there are some who are willing to volunteer. That magical TONE needs to be heard.

There's too much talk already,too much reading, but no audio clip.............di ba usapang TONE ito? :-D

+1 :) alex, as you said.

WALK THE TALK
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:05:46 PM by 7stringmachine »

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »
 :lol: wag iclose tong thread! magiging isa sa legendary thread to! ang saya!  :evil:

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2011, 11:25:31 PM »
I also have other priorities that occupy my time and I  make sure that I only buy the best guitar gear and NOT junk which are easily sold in less than a year or two in the classifieds.  Buying and shopping for thrash is just such a waste. Making the most of what you have is expected, but making the most can only do so much.  It reaches a threshold.

Musicians choose to be musicians for varied reasons.  Some are talented and most are NOT.  I believe that they have obligations and are trying to make ends meet.  But if you are failing as a musician, I think you should consider a career change and stop pointing out that life is hard.  If you have a family and cannot afford it, do something else other than music to make their life much better.  If you have parents to take care of, spend the most time with them when they are alive and give up the gigs that don't count much.  Kung minsan, mapilit lang eh hindi naman talaga iyon ang talent at opportunidad.

So what you are trying to say here is that if a musician never owned equipment like yours you were not successful as a musician? I wonder how will people like Ernie Delgado, Rey Sanchez, Boy Adan, Jondi Villacorta, Cezar Aguas react to your statement. They have pretty good gear but not as high as yours. And yet not only they were able to feed their family and send their kids to school, they produced some of the awesome guitar sounds that inspired me to this day. NO CUSTOM GEAR TO BE FOUND. Oh yeah, they have a little bit of talent too.

Making music is totally a separate issue. But Boutique equipment does make the process more fun... By the way, Bon Jovi sells more records than the bluesmen and I enjoy them more than the bluesmen.  But I can appreciate the bluesmen -- so my point is that there are more people who don't like the blues than like the blues. So, they can continue making records with ever declining record sales and yet for each album they record -- they get their equipment upgraded.  So, lets stop using bluesmen as cliche examples of guitarists with lousy equipment.

I don't think this is a cliche, believe me, several years from now, somebody will also agree to what I just claimed. Richie Sambora in Guitar World January 1989 issue (Robert Cray is the cover) told the magazine how he was astounded by the bluesmen in the delta. They have the cheapest guitar with two strings missing and the remaining four, one of them was tied at the headstock para lang magamit pa. And Sambora said that they produced more emotion than any other he has heard. Unless you can be better than the said bluesmen AND Richie Sambora - yaman din lamang na gusto mo ang Bon Jovi - which I like to by the way (oh diba, we have similar tastes too! Hehehehe....), that will not be cliche. It will always be a standard of some sorts.

Alex, no one doubts here that you have way way way way way way way way way more expensive and better gear than most of us could only dream in a lifetime. And no one challenges your theory in tone because tama naman talaga. It's just that it is really not feasible for the majority of us. That being said, you cannot stop us from playing and making music no matter what our disposition in life. Hindi lang naman pang mayaman ang musika e. Tell that to Robert Johnson. Remember what I said to you about Max Rufo's pickups? Let me repeat it my friend R-E-S-P-E-C-T. Do not insinuate others that they have bad gear or have less knowledge than you when it comes to tone.

I have a friend here in PM who has more or less the same gear as yours and yet he NEVER once told me that "ayoko yang gamit mo, pangit tunog" or "ayoko yang tube screamer, walang laban yan sa Timmy ko". In fact he appreciates that I can make the best out of what I got. In fact he always invite me for a jam session over pizza and coke.

But then again, if you cannot understand what 95% percent of us here in PM can, then I guess, Joric is right. Let Alex be Alex, or as one said - SIGE ALEX IKAW NA LANG ANG LAHAT. We will just be better versions of ourselves.

RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline niehrx

• Netizen Level
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2011, 11:26:06 PM »

yeah... whatever, it's a free country. hehe. i just felt sorry for the good guitars that has fallen into the wrong hands.  :-D

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2011, 11:29:33 PM »
So you are saying that you are a better player than I?

By the way, don't start on this one guys. Odds are....you do the math.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:53:14 PM by burnsbhm »
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline Letour

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2011, 11:36:44 PM »
Woah! So, does this mean we're gonna have a skill/talent shootout? Can't wait! :evil:

Never going to happen. This forum has been challenging Alex for the last 5 years and you know who backs out or sets unrealistic conditions.

You have a better chance of seeing Justin Beiber sing at your wedding or be elected as a Congressman of the Philippines. (wait, that did happen)

Or there is a better chance of the Lebron-less Cavs beating the Lakers. (oh, that did also happen).

Whatever..... :-D :lol:
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 11:37:59 PM by Letour »
Dean of a law school
http://www.manilaspeak.com/author/rod-vera/
Twitter: @attyvera

Offline Al_Librero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
yeah... whatever, it's a free country. hehe. i just felt sorry for the good guitars that has fallen into the wrong hands.  :-D
whatever
Trashcan of Thoughts - http://www.allibrero.com

Offline maxi_musikero

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #322 on: February 19, 2011, 12:05:36 AM »
most of the guys here have to move on and accept the fact that:

kung gusto nyo magpa-apekto sa mga hirit ni Alex, kayo na ang may problema.  Alex will be Alex. You can't aim to be better than him, just be a better version of yourself.

also,

in the True Acoustic Tone thread we have healthy discussions on all kinds of guitar at all price ranges. informative, enlightening, and liberating ang usapan.

only difference in the True Acoustic Tone thread is that the dudes who have expensive acoustics - farseer & dantuts (oo Dante kasama ka na dito! lol!) to name a few - don't diss others.  they provide inputs and describe their experiences with acoustics in that price range so those who have yet to actually experience such know what to look for.
PEDAL PEDDLER-Official Dealer of Malekko & Catalinbread Pedals
http://www.facebook.com/pedalpeddlers

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #323 on: February 19, 2011, 12:07:11 AM »
Again, finding a better guitar doesn't mean your current axe is crap or rubbish. It just so happens that there are good-sounding guitars, as well as better-sounding ones. Do you understand? Good.

There are no magical-sounding guitars, only players who make the guitar sound magical.

'Di lang si Ariel Pineda ang musician/singer na mayaman dito. Please do your research.

I hope you are referring to "you" as a general term. :wink:

Oh, and by the way, having or owning top-of-the-line equipment does not, by all means, make you on top of everyone else.

Then keep your good sounding guitars! Still, I cannot picture that you will keep your good sounding guitar and sell the great sounding one.

Oh... there are magical sounding guitars ... they exist and pity that you cannot believe that.

Ok... sino ang mga mayaman na musician/singer dito?  Kasing yaman ni Arnel?

I am never on top of everyone else... I never said that.  I might just have better ears...

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #324 on: February 19, 2011, 12:09:21 AM »
SIGE NA NGA ALEX IKAW NA LAHAT!

:lol:

(Of course not... wala naman mapapala kung ako ay lahat. Far from it.)

IBTL! :-D