hulika

Author Topic: BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues  (Read 138220 times)

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
BLUE RATS....95'-present.a decade of blues
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2006, 08:20:40 AM »
Think he means V., but has the order of the title matches flipped. The first Thrilla was with BL behind the bar. The second was with BR which spilled out into the street. In both cases, the bar floor and the sidewalk ended up pretty clean.  :wink:

Have a look at the Pinoy Rock Forum next door -- Migs started a Razorback thread over there that should eventually dovetail rather nicely into this thread.

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2006, 08:33:24 AM »
Quote from: dopedeeva
..."a likeness seemed but quite a trance; or formed from borrowed slate? 3 beers and jb, tell them apart; now brothers hinged by fate"

3 beers and dyanibee, that's exactly what i thought when i finally saw you paired together. watchathink? :)

I like it.  :)
Imagine a world without bass...

Offline Beatrice Gomez

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #302 on: September 10, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »
Quote from: blue buddha
Think he means V., but has the order of the title matches flipped. The first Thrilla was with BL behind the bar. The second was with BR which spilled out into the street. In both cases, the bar floor and the sidewalk ended up pretty clean.  :wink:

The second Thrilla with BR ended up with me seeing a few stars. I was behind BR and as V aimed for his jaw, BR ducked. Being right behind him, I got the punch in the face. Saw stars for a bit but nothing serious. Of course, since they were both drunk, they didn't even notice. Crazy times!!!  :lol:

Thank you all for all the happy thoughts you sent our way for our wedding. Can't wait to come home and hang for a bit. The december wedding should be a blast.

3 beers - congratulations on becoming a daddy soon :)

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #303 on: September 10, 2006, 10:18:32 AM »
Quote from: DyaniBee
..."a likeness seemed but quite a trance; or formed from borrowed slate? 3 beers and jb, tell them apart; now brothers hinged by fate"

3 beers and dyanibee, that's exactly what i thought when i finally saw you paired together. watchathink? :)

see? i told you guys...can be funny w/o being bastos :lol:
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2006, 10:20:29 AM »
Quote from: Beatrice Gomez

The second Thrilla with BR ended up with me seeing a few stars. I was behind BR and as V aimed for his jaw, BR ducked. Being right behind him, I got the punch in the face. Saw stars for a bit but nothing serious. Of course, since they were both drunk, they didn't even notice. Crazy times!!!  :lol:

Thank you all for all the happy thoughts you sent our way for our wedding. Can't wait to come home and hang for a bit. The december wedding should be a blast.

3 beers - congratulations on becoming a daddy soon :)

wow....those were crazy times...d ko naalala yun a :shock:

again congrats bg and mo....and of course 3beers :D cheers!
guitarist telling the drummer what the intro to laklak was. caught on video.at binilangan pa ang drummer 1-2...1-2-3..lol

Offline Joe Ingarra

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Night in Amnesia!
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2006, 12:00:46 PM »
Hey how could anyone forget our famous comic book character contact, whose name rhymes with starchy & da Baliwag gig where they actually served no chicken! We played right after Nino Mulach sang his sexual hassrasment ode to all the girls who he hadnt met yet on set, i think? How long did we have to wait for this guy to set up his guitar only to stall for more time becoz he forgot his teeth!!!! Not only that then he forgot how much he was gonna pay us!! Well at least he didnt wear his red leatards like he does when he plays with Pepe Smith! Maybe he forgot them too!
Hey whitey,wow KAOS is still looking for you! I read they got Maxwell Smart awhile back! maybe you need to use the cone of silence during gigs??? :shock: You guys remember the Stevie Ray Vaughn clone with the snake head guitar strap?

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Night in Amnesia!
« Reply #306 on: September 10, 2006, 12:24:09 PM »
Quote from: Joe Ingarra
How long did we have to wait for this guy to set up his guitar only to stall for more time becoz he forgot his teeth!!!! Not only that then he forgot how much he was gonna pay us!! Well at least he didnt wear his red leatards like he does when he plays with Pepe Smith! Maybe he forgot them too!

can i have some of what you're smoking joe? :lol:

i remember that baliuag gig...but not the way you remember it....this is hilarious! :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #307 on: September 10, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »
Quote from: Beatrice Gomez

The first Thrilla happened while The Jerks were up there -- the first or second night they replaced BL's band. Rounds one to 11 began at the bar, then the two contenders got off their stools for round 12, the last and final round. As they were wiping the floor, 3 or 4 guys couldn't pull BL off Vince who was doing a pretty good job of polishing the concrete. I had to stoop over, wrap my arms around BL's waist, and literally lift him off Vince -- making sure that his feet didn't touch the ground so he couldn't make a run back to the human mop. Had to deposit the flailing BL about 10 feet away while the other guys got between the contenders to ring the final bell. In the end: a good deal of head shaking, chuckling, and a few more rounds of beer.

These are the stories that make blues bands different from emo bands....  :lol:

Offline rasgo

• Philmusicus Noobitus
blues vs emo
« Reply #308 on: September 10, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »
These are the stories that make blues bands different from emo bands....  :lol:[/quote]

I beg to differ! Remember that gig at Zu, circa '98? We get to the dressing room, and there's a huge hole in one of the plywood partitions, like something rammed thru it. Dyanibee asks the hotel security what happened. Turns out this was the result of a rumble between two bands playing on the same night, FOR THE RIGHT TO PERFORM THE SONG "BUTTERCUP".

Kaya, huwag ka! Akala mo tayng mga bluesista lang ang mga gritty and passionate? Hindi yata!

Check out MAXIM Philippines last page this Sept issue (Kaye Abad). We put all our heads together to come up with the world's BADUYEST set list.

Apa

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #309 on: September 10, 2006, 09:10:47 PM »
THIS is what sets apart the bluesistas from the emo bands:
In the end: a good deal of head shaking, chuckling, and a few more rounds of beer.

It's the ultimate realization that while things get impassioned and hot, it's just the way life is at the end of the day, and it's ultimately a smaller thing in the larger scheme of things so let's write a song about it and tell the story. By contrast:

• emoistas - it's a grudge and a reason to whine for life. Pikunan na....
• punks: get the lead pipe out....
• gangsta rap/hip-hopistas - get the 9mm's out....
• metallicistas - get the 12 ga. or the assault rifles out....
• goths - worse: let's do it with an axe....
• satanistas - the worst: get the spoon.... so we can carve your heart out with it!

:lol:  :lol:

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #310 on: September 10, 2006, 10:23:20 PM »
Quote from: blues2death

Funny ba? What's so funny about that? The truth is, more often than not, stranger than fiction. Now THAT'S what the blues is made of... the Truth, happy or no.

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #311 on: September 10, 2006, 11:14:13 PM »
Now THAT'S what the blues is made of... the Truth, happy or no.

+1+1+1+1.

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #312 on: September 11, 2006, 12:33:48 AM »

• emoistas - it's a grudge and a reason to whine for life. Pikunan na....
• punks: get the lead pipe out....
• gangsta rap/hip-hopistas - get the 9mm's out....
• metallicistas - get the 12 ga. or the assault rifles out....
• goths - worse: let's do it with an axe....
• satanistas - the worst: get the spoon.... so we can carve your heart out with it!

:lol:  :lol:

DANG! bb, your command of pop culture is better than mine!!! 8) ano ba talaga yang EMO na yan? en my opinion? hehe joke :)

serious case of the blues = brutality. magiging satanista na lang ako  :twisted: (new word learned from Philmusic...AZTEG!!!)  :lol:  :lol:
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #313 on: September 11, 2006, 02:21:18 AM »
Quote from: blues2death

Funny ba? What's so funny about that? The truth is, more often than not, stranger than fiction. Now THAT'S what the blues is made of... the Truth, happy or no.

oh, when fact checkers here the "twin" song....they'll roll over with laughter once they see who the twins are.......and the actual story behind it. :lol:  :lol:

Offline DyaniBee

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #314 on: September 11, 2006, 06:08:16 AM »
Well, thanks to you there goes some of the mystery of that song.  All fact checkers will have to do now is to see your entry and there it goes.  And again, what actual story?  So 3beers and I look alike.  So we get mistaken for each other.  So he ended up being my bro-in-law.  DD, write one naman about the hat and poncho, will ya?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I'll help put in a few facts!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #315 on: September 11, 2006, 06:31:47 AM »
bwahahahaha :lol: this thread makes rollover with laughter everyday! :lol:

Offline dopedeeva

« Reply #316 on: September 11, 2006, 01:26:10 PM »
DD, write one naman about the hat and poncho, will ya?   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  I'll help put in a few facts!   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:lol:  :lol:  :lol: baka di na kailangan...b2d wearing them is already uhm...poetry in motion...masyadong unique, di kakayanin ng imagination ko  :D  :D  :D
"When I see waste here, I feel angry on the inside. I don't approve of myself getting angry. But it's something you can't help after seeing Ethiopia." - Mother Teresa

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #317 on: September 11, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »
Ako nang bahala to write a song about b2d..... kawawa ka sa 'kin p're koy!!!  :twisted:  :lol:

Offline blues2death

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #318 on: September 11, 2006, 03:19:58 PM »
Ako nang bahala to write a song about b2d..... kawawa ka sa 'kin p're koy!!!  :twisted:  :lol:

uh-oh....basta wag lang bastos! :lol:

alaskado nanaman ako nito...:lol:

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
motto
« Reply #319 on: September 11, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »
Blue Rat Motto: " We don't take the money and run. We stick around to have some fun."

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #320 on: September 11, 2006, 06:29:17 PM »
Here's something for the boys with six strings. Go to ( www.noisland.net )
It's a feature on " The search for perfect guitar tone".

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: motto
« Reply #321 on: September 11, 2006, 06:35:09 PM »
Quote from: whitey
Blue Rat Motto: " We don't take the money and run. We stick around to have some fun."

"We don't take the money and run........ because there is no money."  :lol:

Offline whitey

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #322 on: September 11, 2006, 07:48:25 PM »
I would have bet my left testical that someone would make that reply, but I lost that in another bet years ago. Maybe that should have read" We won't take your honey and run. We stick around and have some fun, with her or him.

Offline ortigas

« Reply #323 on: September 11, 2006, 10:40:25 PM »
Quote from: whitey
I would have bet my left testical that someone would make that reply, but I lost that in another bet years ago. Maybe that should have read" We won't take your honey and run. We stick around and have some fun, with her or him.

Bomalabs, repapips. :roll: :lol:

Offline blue buddha

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #324 on: September 11, 2006, 11:40:25 PM »
Ok, I have been SMS'd by our mostly absentee manager and we have concluded that this thread has gotten -- as Migs has rightly pointed out -- "bomalabs repapips", and is spiralling into a black hole..... also commonly diagnosed as excessive navel gazing.  8-[

It's our suggestion that other more worthy threads be allowed to occupy the top of this forum as this thread has practically become a sticky, however unintentional. This has definitely got to be the longest thread on any band that's never released a recording!  :oops: Looks like we may be entering into "over-inflated" territory. I think I'll hop off for the moment and allow some more history to be made. A someone posted very early on, the past was really interesting -- let's make sure the future's interesting too (or words to that effect).

Will check in once in a while. For you folks who hang around, keep it light and don't let the bed bugs bite!  :lol: See y'all on the other forums around these parts.

For now....... Rat One out.  8)