hulika

Author Topic: STOMP BOXES... too many... don't know what it's for.  (Read 1628 times)

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
STOMP BOXES... too many... don't know what it's for.
« on: August 16, 2006, 03:00:38 AM »
guys, ive seen a lot of stomps in yupancs p.pitch and audiophile pero ilan ilan lng ang alam ko like chorus distortion, delay and sustainer... kya hesitant ako bumili lng stomps kc limited lng ang knowledge ko dun and i dont want to buy something in random and later on magsisisis ako. i know i can still sell it pero pahirapan yun. right now im stuck with korg ax100g and im planning to switch effects.

i know some of them have pretty much the same function, iba lng and brand. Eg. ibanez blues screamer = boss over drive but if you guys can post the pic of the stomp and have sort of a like a brief description kng anu nagagawa nun (in leymans' term pls!  :lol: ) and yung rating nun (10 being the highest and 1 the lowest). it would serve as a reference for those newbies, like me. thanks!

Chito

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 03:09:38 AM »
Check this out. It's all Boss pedals, but it will give you some idea of what pedals does what:

http://www.bossarea.com/

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 03:26:31 AM »
cool! thanks! :D

Offline pallas

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 07:11:50 AM »
try this too, most of em have soundclips.
http://www.ehx.com/ehx2/Default.asp?q=f&f=%2FCatalog
O Rose, Thou art sick! The invisible worm that flies in the night, In the howling storm, Has found out thy bed of crimson joy: and his dark secret love, Does thy life destroy.   

William Blake, The Sick Rose

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 02:39:44 PM »
eto assignment for you: punta kang http://www.musiciansfriend.com then pakinggan mo yung mg audio clips ng lahat ng single pedal effects nila dun. ginagawa ko yun (but di lang sa MF, different sites din) every time malapit na akong pumunta sa US, para may "must try list" na ako ng mga pedals/guitars/accessories. more or less, you'll get the idea of how each effect should sound. yung next step na dyan yung mas masaya: pedal sequencing. pero saka na yun :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline nuno

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 09:36:16 PM »
waaaa! dami hehehe! parang hirap madistinguish nung ibang effects like yung distortion and overdrive lalu na pag nka high gain... anyway thanks mga sir!  :D

pano nga pla yung pedal sequencing? is that the positioning ng mga stomps to get the optimum sound results?

Offline Poundcake

• GAS prophet
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 09:57:48 PM »
Quote from: nuno
waaaa! dami hehehe! parang hirap madistinguish nung ibang effects like yung distortion and overdrive lalu na pag nka high gain... anyway thanks mga sir!  :D

pano nga pla yung pedal sequencing? is that the positioning ng mga stomps to get the optimum sound results?

yup! mix and match kung baga.. it's the greatest joy in GASsing for analog pedals in my opinion hehe :)
"The LORD will save me, and we will play my music on stringed instruments all the days of our lives, at the house of the LORD." Isaiah 38:20

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »
Quote from: Poundcake
Quote from: nuno

yup! mix and match kung baga.. it's the greatest joy in GASsing for analog pedals in my opinion hehe :)

asus! ganda lang ng bago mong gitara eh. hehehe. congrats fellow pedal freak. hehe. peace.
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects