hulika

Author Topic: Blues Clinic/Concert, 11 March 2011  (Read 1840 times)

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Blues Clinic/Concert, 11 March 2011
« on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:06 PM »
If you're interested to learn about blues music, history, styles, and then sit back for a concert w/ several bands, you might wanna go to this:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=164702120248696

I did similar clinics in UP in the mid 90s, w/ Cousin Hoagy in the late 90s/early 200s, then at UST (Music Conservatory) w/ Tom Colvin and the Blues Joint Project.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 05:46:00 PM by deltaslim »

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Blues Clinic/Concert, 11 March 2011
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 07:53:42 AM »
up

Offline haringulan

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 06:16:22 AM »
this is what you missed guys :-)

Offline Jim Ayson

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 06:41:51 AM »
Hey very good Vlog!

This local blues scene has been in a "nascent stage" for around 10 years from now - if you look at the people trying to push it now, it's the same people - sila Delta Slim, Tom Colvin, Kakoy, Blue Rats - the only one missing is Binky Lampano.

I guess we need a local "pogi blues" act to bump this to more mainstream consciousness - some Jonny Lang or John Mayer type. Hate to say it, but it's so!

Check out the PhilMusic Facebook Page! "Like" us now!

http://facebook.com/philmusic.dotcom

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2011, 09:46:30 PM »
Hey very good Vlog!

This local blues scene has been in a "nascent stage" for around 10 years from now - if you look at the people trying to push it now, it's the same people - sila Delta Slim, Tom Colvin, Kakoy, Blue Rats - the only one missing is Binky Lampano.

I guess we need a local "pogi blues" act to bump this to more mainstream consciousness - some Jonny Lang or John Mayer type. Hate to say it, but it's so!

Good point, Jim. My theory was that a good blues or bluesy song becoming popular/mainstream might do the trick, but having a 'pogi blues' act would be even more sustainable.  Maybe the new generation will carry the hopes of the previous generation(s). The likes of Paul Leobrera and the Blues Rascals are creating some noise already.  Then we oldies will just ride on their coattails later. Haha. It can be like Eric Clapton nodding to the old blues guys and reviving their careers in the process. LOL.