hulika

Author Topic: I blame kpop for the youth's lack of enthusiasm to go to bars to hear live bands  (Read 6439 times)

Offline maxis_me

• Veteran Member
"I blame kpop for the youth's lack of enthusiasm to go to bars to hear live bands. :))"

This was my status in facebook yesterday afternoon. Originally intended as a joke, I was surprised to see that a lot of people agreed and commented about how this is seen in our country today. Any thoughts on this?

Offline ME-30maniac

• Veteran Member
"I blame kpop for the youth's lack of enthusiasm to go to bars to hear live bands. :))"

This was my status in facebook yesterday afternoon. Originally intended as a joke, I was surprised to see that a lot of people agreed and commented about how this is seen in our country today. Any thoughts on this?

i've never been to a bar before to hear live bands. probinsyano kasi ako ehh. pero sa totoo lang, agree ako sa sinabi mo sir/mam. ineenjoy ko na nga lang manuod ng mga rock music or kahit na anong opm or international music videos sa myx including myx live syempre. pero ngayon, di ko na masyado ma-enjoy manood ng myx because of k-pop music videos. mas madalas lumabas 'yung mga k-pop videos in every myx segment kaya pinipili ko na lang 'yung mga shows sa myx. pasensya na kung medyo o out na sa topic itong post ko. pero nafi-feel ko rin 'yung nafi-feel mo about k-pop. i'd rather go to bar to listen live bands kahit na slow 'yung music, kaysa naman sa gumastos ako ng malaki para lang sa concert ticket para sa mga live acts na hindi ko rin naman maiintindihan ang kung ano man ang kakantahin.  :|

Offline inigo

• Philmusicus Addictus
No, blame lack of live bands here that measure up to your standards.
400/hr recording. Banana Rising Recording Studio www.bananarising.com

SOUND SAMPLES: http://www.bananarising.com/p/sound-samples.html

Offline maxis_me

• Veteran Member
No, blame lack of live bands here that measure up to your standards.

Bro i disagree. There are a lot of bands out there that don't get recognition the way they should. To mention names, we have Imbue No Kudo or April Morning Skies as examples to what we can offer yet are not noticed in the mainstream.

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
given the chance, i will go to a live gig. i can give one more factor that affects attendance to gigs and concerts: night shift and call center work

dalawa pala yun. hehe

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
given the chance, i will go to a live gig. i can give one more factor that affects attendance to gigs and concerts: night shift and call center work

dalawa pala yun. hehe

oo nga.  as i said in another thread, i miss being able to watch gigs as a fan, and not as one of the performers.  nightshift work pretty much kills those opportunities to watch gigs in a more casual setting...

despite its popularity, k-pop is a trend that will go away soon enough.  but rock will always exist even if it may have its dormant moments...though who would've guessed that this dormance would be caused by musicians with funny hairdos whose songs we can't even understand?   :?

actually, di lang k-pop ang may sala dito, in my opinion.  there's this other dude from an english-speaking country, north of the (american) border.  and there's this extremely popular show whose theme song goes "DADUMdadumdadumdadum (repeat a few times), JUST A SMALL TOWN GIRL...LIVING IN A LONELY WORLD..."
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
in fairness may pagka hot yung girl sa glee. hehe. pero not as hot as her:

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
walang kinalaman ang kpop. walang dapat sisihin. pero isipin din natin... may choice naman yung mga youth na yun. nagkataong yun ang napusuan nila. yaan mo na yun. ganun talaga e. e ano naman kung halos lahat ng tao trip kpop? wala di ba? pero sa totoo lang nabibingi na rin ako sa gigs. ay hinde. nabingi na ako.  :evil:

yung iba rin naman na saliwa din sa trip ng karamihan nagtataka din... bakit hindi trip ng karamihang (hindi lahat. majority lang) nag gi-gig ng rock/metal,... ang jazz, fusion, classical, orchestra? at lalo na ang our very own "kundiman". o di ba? ako di ko rin trip kundiman  :lol:

ganyan talaga ang buhay. may uso, may bagong nauuso, may nalalaos, at laos na. so what kung ano ang uso? walang sisihan. mainstream or underground or indie? kpop,jpop, deah, black, alternative, pogi rock, progressive? i don't care! basta kung anong type mong music or gig na type mo pasukin mo.

think of it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 12:23:33 AM by mikki_blinkme »

Offline playamoth

• Netizen Level
Kpop!? Siguro Kble gum music.  Formulaic. 
Tayo dapat nag-e-export ng ating musika.
Ika nga ni Dante David sa DZRJ noong 'dekada setenta:
                "Pinoy Rock 'n Rhythm"
                "SARILING ATIN!"

Offline BassCog

• Philmusicus Addictus
instead of blaming K-pop in your FB status, how about posting the gig skeds of your favorite bands? I'm not being snide here, more of the attitude that before we expend energy on blaming or even hating others, we should first exert effort to do what we can.

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
instead of blaming K-pop in your FB status, how about posting the gig skeds of your favorite bands? I'm not being snide here, more of the attitude that before we expend energy on blaming or even hating others, we should first exert effort to do what we can.

this.

it's understandable to blame K-Pop, glee, bieber, etc., but we've got to do something, even little things like posting your own gig scheds or your friends'/favorite bands' gig scheds and not wavering in our desire to attend live gigs, especially if you're still in school or have a day job.  mas mahirap sa mga tulad kong panggabi, but as long as you can watch live gigs, then keep on watching and keep on supporting the scene even if your friend who used to like chicosci and urbandub now lives, breathes and maybe even s**ts k-pop!  :-D  (that last example is based on an actual friend of mine.   :lol: )
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus
oo nga. lets do what we can to support our fellow musicians. k pop is not to blame. we are to blame.

Offline pedaldeaf3

• Philmusicus Addictus
Ganyan din yung mga shout out, notes & status ko sa facebook dati. But looking at the bigger picture I realized so many things. I don't need to blame anything or anyone.  It's their choice to listen to what they want. Ang tenga walang talukap di katulad ng mata, So just point your ears and open your eyes kung san mo gusto. Di naman military ang bansa natin to make the desicions for others eh...

And there's no point in blaming, wala ka din namang mapapa kundi makakuha ng bagong notifications sa status update mo. Just like the other members here suggests...

Do what you can for the music you love...

OT:
Utol ko member ng dance crew, ako drummer ng isang band... Wag mo na kong tanung kung anu soundtrip niya... 89 ako pinanganak pero mga soundtrip ko year nung di pa ko buhay... :evil: Siya 94 pero soundtrip niya... Nevermind... :| I don't blame her, sa dami ng music ng generation niya yung pinili niya eh... :|
God is the mighty "RAK" of my salvation "EN" he want's me to "ROL" forward & follow him...

Offline mikko21ganja

this.

it's understandable to blame K-Pop, glee, bieber, etc., but we've got to do something, even little things like posting your own gig scheds or your friends'/favorite bands' gig scheds and not wavering in our desire to attend live gigs, especially if you're still in school or have a day job.  mas mahirap sa mga tulad kong panggabi, but as long as you can watch live gigs, then keep on watching and keep on supporting the scene even if your friend who used to like chicosci and urbandub now lives, breathes and maybe even s**ts k-pop!  :-D  (that last example is based on an actual friend of mine.   :lol: )

+1

Ung crush ko dati sa klase namin ganyan na ganyan din :-D puro chicosci at urbandub ung nasa iTouch nya nung ginamit ko. Ngayon, puro kpop songs nalang, sarap itapon. :lol:

Offline death666

hirap kasi dito sa pinas, minsan mas sinusuportahan pa mga musikang banyaga...
mga ungas tingin ko sa mga gnitong tao...lalo na mga sumusuporta sa musika ng k-pop n yan. ni hindi nga nila maintindihan kung ano kinakanta ng mga iniidolo tapos tuwang tuwa pa.. mga +@3 talaga.  :x

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.
--CONFUCIUS

Offline yahxx2

• Veteran Member

+1

tama ka tol, ang mga pinoy kasi parang hayok na hayok sa mga singkit.. tamaan na mga tatamaan pero kung ikaw pinoy na purong pinoy hindi ka magkakandaugaga sa mga korean, japanese at chinese .. and im not only talking about their shows, music, movies, telenovelas, products, at maski prefered na ka relasyon.. in general we need to love our self our mother country and the music of our locals BEFORE singing that no body nobody crap ang watching a korean how to bake monay everyevening!

eto medyo off topic pero may tinanong sa tv anong type mo sa babae? sabi ng lalaki ung medyo chinita para kasing koreana.. tinanong naman ung babae na pinay anong type mo sa lalaki sagot nya ung chinito para kasing koreano..
na gegets nyo ba? .. ano nalang matitira sa mga pinoy youth? sorry mali pala ... NASAAN NA ANG PINOY YOUTH?

hindi na nanunuod ng mga tunay na pinoy talent.. andun parang mga naka extacy lagi pag nakakakita ng mga kpop stars.

hindi ba tama?
 :x
[img width=12 height=12]
yahxx

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
kids like to dance and show off and the easiest way is to learn the groove so they can catch teh chix attention.

i think the only thing we could do is to keep alive whatever music genre we like. may magaapreciate pa naman nito kahit paano and most of the time babalik din naman sa airwaves ang rak en roll.  :-)

rock n' scroll!

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
teh chix attention.

yan naman kasi ang offering ng KPOP sa atin e: the "looks"

tingnan nyo naman... ang guguwapo, sesexy at pakita legs

then yung pop RnB nila patterned sa american autotuned stuff...

----

until may bagong wave ng rock music bands na "fresh" sa pandinig at catchy sa nakararami, mananatili ito sa isang smaller niche.

Offline RedWinG

• Veteran Member
i like teh chix  :-D

BTT
kids, like love songs and adoration songs and all those preppy stuff that pop song has to offer. eto yung kinacapitalize ng mga producers eh.
rock, metal etc. will seldom include this kinds of topic, with the exception siguro of Glam.
Glam metal/rock aims to get teh chix!  :-D

rock n' scroll!

Offline trxter41

• Philmusicus Addictus

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
@mikko21ganja

i'd assume na nasa teens pa yung crush mo...that's understandable, i guess, but not something that i condone.  just like in my teen years, when many LA 105.9 aficionados suddenly became the very thing they despised back in '94-'95...hip-hoppers.   :lol:  or worse, boyband fanatics...it's natural for teens to be fickle in terms of taste, lalo na dito sa pinas na trend-driven ang marketing ng mga banda/singer/musical act.  yung friend ko, nasa early 20s na siya at this point, and was about 21 or so when i knew her as a rock fan, particularly of urbandub and chicosci...

@xelalien

some of the k-pop i hear on the masa stations going to, or on the way home from work (on those unfortunate days when i don't have my earphones) sounds a lot like '60s sunshine/bubblegum pop, or even girl groups like the supremes and the shangri-las...but not quite.  autotune, indeed, is your best friend in the 21st century!

@trxter41

OT - hindi ka talaga mahilig sa p*ssy...   :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:50:38 AM by Endshiftresign! »

Offline xaeroblade

• Forum Fanatic
Hmm i don't think this actually affects the youth to hear live bands though. But I got to admit even I don't understand a thing Korean girl-groups are saying eye-candy galore and legs overload LMAO. Now back at the topic, from my experience I see a lot the youth, kids actually mostly highschool, in gigs by rakista.com. And it's kinda nice to see some of them in the moshpit alongside with some adults and just enjoying the music. Only thing annoying about some of them is that they don't look decent, basketball jersey and shorts with matching very rugged slippers and everyones favorite the jejecap.
Bands: Project:Materia and

Offline fretboard

• Philmusicus Addictus

+1
try mo kayang kalabitin baka tumunog...

Offline bulok

• Forum Fanatic
KPOP ba yun? akala ko GAY-POP :-D

Offline XrsJay

• Veteran Member
i blame those girls na tili ng tili sa mga koreanong gwapo *DAW*

to think they dont even understand what are they singing
basta gwapo? i hate that crap

masarap ba pakinggan ung chorus na may kaunting english na "no body no body F.U.?"

sa kanila YES so I blame them!