hulika

Author Topic: YOUR TAKE ON "VELCRO-ING" PEDALS  (Read 7175 times)

Offline ayemjaboenyu

• Netizen Level
Re: YOUR TAKE ON "VELCRO-ING" PEDALS
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2011, 12:39:34 PM »
To those na nadudumihan sa velcro+double-sided tape or velcro+rugby or velcro+mighty bond,

you should definitely try velcro+ipit method:-D

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/reichinopua/Tech21%20Sansamp%20GT-2/RCCP644.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/reichinopua/Tech21%20Sansamp%20GT-2/RCCP645.jpg

a creative one! =D

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2011, 12:59:52 PM »
di kaya luluwag sa pagkaipit from time to time (due to tension sa paghila ng peds from surface) yung velcro?

Madali lang naman i-adjust if ever, bubuksan lang ulit tapos hihigpitan. Or pwede rin na ganito, tanggalin muna yung backplate nung pedal. Tapos iwrap mo dun yung velcro then dun sa kabilang side, dikitan mo pa ng kapartner nung velcro para secured siya. Kumbaga nakayapos talaga yung velco dun sa backplate then fastened pa ng kapirasong velcro.

Ang hirap i-explain bro. Sana nagets mo. Hahaha.  :lol:

a creative one! =D

Thanks bro. May ibang forumers na ganyan din ang ginagawa.  :-)

Offline wntrswrd

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2011, 03:52:48 PM »
okay lets say natanggal na yung velcro tape sa ilalim ng pedal, any suggestions kung ano magandang pang tangal ng adhesive na naiwan.. :-D

Offline juan_alderete

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
okay lets say natanggal na yung velcro tape sa ilalim ng pedal, any suggestions kung ano magandang pang tangal ng adhesive na naiwan.. :-D

try this, meron sa handyman

Offline r_chino18

• Patambay tambay na
  • Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2011, 05:00:42 PM »

Naphtha.

Offline cumbersome

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2011, 07:47:56 PM »
I use 3M Velcro, and attach as much as the bottom needs for safe attachment, and as neatly as I can manage it; I've put my board upside down and the wah and volume ped didn't move a bit. I take good care of my pedals, and I found Velcro to be the most convenient and least invasive among the methods mentioned; attaching the Velcro via the pedal screws can present problems such as stripped screws, spaces between bottom lid and casing of the stomp that dust could get into, and having not enough Velcro surface for secure attachment. I've never found the need to remove the Velcro, since all my boards use it; the few times I decided to sell pedals with Velcro on them, the buyers actually appreciated that they didn't need to put some themselves, and that it was of good quality.

Offline wntrswrd

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2011, 01:31:12 PM »
try this, meron sa handyman

uy, masubukan to, thanks

Offline Papapuzza

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2011, 05:32:53 PM »
Yes, definitely. I buy pedals so that I can use them, not display or collect them.

+1.
Transacted With: BossingBoss, El_Sol, JoshNerez, Muffinman, Papotz, Rebiscoco, Saturn/Return, Spankyrigor, Teleclem, Weedman

Offline bh

« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 09:33:33 AM »
+1 on the GOO GONE  :D   really cleans ALL the sticky gunk away easily. 

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2011, 09:36:52 AM »
+1 on the GOO GONE  :D   really cleans ALL the sticky gunk away easily. 

It doesn't damage the pedal's finish?

Offline deadlifted

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2011, 09:49:35 AM »
To those na nadudumihan sa velcro+double-sided tape or velcro+rugby or velcro+mighty bond,

you should definitely try velcro+ipit method:-D

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/reichinopua/Tech21%20Sansamp%20GT-2/RCCP644.jpg
http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/reichinopua/Tech21%20Sansamp%20GT-2/RCCP645.jpg

brilliant idea!!! thanks!!!
proud owner of Max Rufo custom guitars. call (02) 4427908

Offline bh

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2011, 09:51:59 AM »
nope, not at all!   and they have the industrial strength "Velcro (brand)" (that's as strong as in the video above) in handyman, robinsons pioneer
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:00:17 AM by bh »

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2011, 10:01:59 AM »
nope, not at all!   and they have the industrial strength "Velcro (brand)" (that's as strong as in the video above) in handyman, robinsons pioneer

Thank you ma'am bh.  :-)