hulika

Author Topic: "Pangit Tone Ko, Pangit Ako" - The Ultimate Tone Bikini Open  (Read 93171 times)

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: "Pangit Tone Ko, Pangit Ako" - The Ultimate Tone Party / Comedy Show
« Reply #150 on: April 15, 2011, 05:24:17 PM »
Mayweather55

I hope this one pushes through.

Offline pok

• Philmusicus Noobitus
« Reply #151 on: April 15, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »
A bunch of peeps here are just fed up with all the crappy talk vs the very affordable products/services of the locals that make 'em proud to be Filipino. I never really thought a day would come that I would be gigging with a locally assembled pedal. Back in the early 90's, this would be a joke or just some stupid dream. We'll all probably die without having to touch a Baker or whatever - the ridiculous price tag alone is reason enough for me to ignore them.

The local products may not be the best but atleast we are proud of what we have and are able to make good music out of it.

TUSOK NA TUSOK!! :-D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #152 on: April 15, 2011, 05:53:51 PM »
Ok, ilang beses na ito tinanong dito at dun sa isang thread kaya sasagutin ko na.

In one of those flaming hot GC threads in July/Aug 2007, hinamon ako ni firemodel55 sa shootout. I agreed to the challenge. But then he set a date many months ahead, Dec 30/31, 2007, with matching full production, sound engineers, catering (di ako kasali sa bilang. LOL!), voting by palakpak, etc.  Knowing it was Xmas holiday season and I surely have better things to do with my family, and was sure that the other parties he wanted to be involved (ie, Arie and Lito) would have plans with their families on those dates also, I disagreed on that date. I proposed and offered alternative dates. Actually, I was gigging actively at the time and gave him an open invite to come to the gig with his gear and we can do it then. He never showed and I never accepted that Dec 30 schedule he proposed. As he keeps saying, he does it on his own terms and his own rules only. Better believe him (so TS and others: all that whining about when, where, and how you wanna do it is all for naught).

Weeks after waiting for him to show up on my gigs, I realized I didn't want to be part of the 'circus' anymore. Indeed, I had nothing to prove to him or others. I'm happy with who I am and what I have, and I don't need validation from others, especially someone like firemodel55 who's not even into the same music as I am. In hindsight, I think it was foolish pride that got me involved in the first place.  But I checked myself just in time.  I think it was in another thread that I said I will refrain from participating in that shootout and the circus surrounding it. (If I find that thread, I will quote my post here)

If there's anything I learned from that episode is that all these proves and will prove nothing. A waste of time. A circus. Tama ang thread title: comedy show.  Better if the two parties just walk away and woodshed or learn as many songs as they can till Jan 2012. They both win.

My bet is that it won't happen. But if it will, what a story eh? So I'll just watch this thread and suggest some things to make it exciting and fun.

I remember those threads. Tagal na pala. Those were some low (granted, they were pretty exciting) days in Philmusic. 

I agree. Nothing will be proved here. Wala naman papayag na talo siya. That said, it's going to be quite interesting. I'd like to see what happens as well.

Offline stringman

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #153 on: April 15, 2011, 06:05:17 PM »
As he keeps saying, he does it on his own terms and his own rules only. Better believe him (so TS and others: all that whining about when, where, and how you wanna do it is all for naught).

May he's setting up a ghost player backstage kaya he needs to plan the date.
I have stated that there are more bad sounding suhrs then there are good ones.

Offline appleseed

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #154 on: April 15, 2011, 06:17:08 PM »
Mayweather55

haha

sana matuloy to manonood ako. sino ba naman ang taong available ng dec 30-31? tss,,

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #155 on: April 15, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »
LET'S DO IT ON GAS DAY. JUNE.

challengeofthegobots

« Reply #156 on: April 15, 2011, 07:36:47 PM »
7 pages and nothing from the guy.

I have nothing to prove here, I've already stated several times that I cannot play guitar to save my life. But I will show up.

Take it this way, you know how in a group the one who talks too much about sex and screwing chicks are usually those with a lot of fail stories with women and are usually the ones who you don't invite to come along on 'play' nights simply because they'll ruin your game and you'll all end up with fail stories at the end of the night. That's Firemodel55 with his gear and I simply called him that. He's the guy that even if he had the meanest car, hindi mo pa rin isasama pang-chicks dahil pati ikaw hindi makakadali pagnagsimula na syang magsalita dahil chances are mababadtrip yung ipapartner mo sa kanya at dyahe na yung buong gabi.

He got mad and in his fury, challenged me to a weiner show off. I'm happy with my weiner, he felt I was belittling his weiner (which I was). So here we are on the "Pangit Tone Ko. Pangit Ako." thread.

"I'll show you my weiner, you show me yours, and let's see who's got the bigger weiner.- Firemodell55"

Call it a circus. Call it a show. May or may not push through. May or may not bring benefit. But if someone asks to see my weiner, how can I not indulge? Wouldn't you?

Oh and BTW by weiner, I meant substance.

Offline bluebossa

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »
Piyesta!

'Wag na ipagpaliban yan.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2011, 07:49:13 PM »

this thread is winning! lol

@TS, its really cool you got a personal invite, i know i didnt :lol:

January 2012 just gives enough time to practice..

Offline matanglawin

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2011, 07:56:20 PM »
The local products may not be the best but atleast we are proud of what we have and are able to make good music out of it.

If I may interject, and you can correct me if I was hearing it wrong; firemodel's single note "hiyaw" playing did not do the Baker any justice (especially not with his finger waving after each "wah."   I've heard guitars and good guitar players during gigs, and in his hands, the Baker sounded like a cheap "Gilraon" (his word, not mine).

Sure, having a top quality guitar has its advantages, and it does score pogi points, but, once a real guitar player fingers a guitar, the guitar itself no longer seems to matter.  On the other hand, not even the best and most expensive guitar will sound good if the one playing it can't...
X2M Coffee Moment: Did want You

New Manila Sound

challengeofthegobots

« Reply #160 on: April 15, 2011, 10:03:46 PM »
It just hit me. The simple exercise that will prove that tone is indeed in the player

1. Plug your guitar into any amp
2. Fix/Mix your settings
3. Now try to make the tone come out... without the player

Offline Saxtone

« Reply #161 on: April 15, 2011, 10:07:45 PM »
If I may interject, and you can correct me if I was hearing it wrong; firemodel's single note "hiyaw" playing did not do the Baker any justice (especially not with his finger waving after each "wah."   I've heard guitars and good guitar players during gigs, and in his hands, the Baker sounded like a cheap "Gilraon" (his word, not mine).

Sure, having a top quality guitar has its advantages, and it does score pogi points, but, once a real guitar player fingers a guitar, the guitar itself no longer seems to matter.  On the other hand, not even the best and most expensive guitar will sound good if the one playing it can't...[/b]

Agree with matanglawin :) he speaks the truth.

It just hit me. The simple exercise that will prove that tone is indeed in the player

2. Fix/Mix your settings

Agree also with you..
Example 1: Eric Johnson still sounds like EJ without the effects and huge amps.

Offline Sugar Ray Vaughan

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #162 on: April 15, 2011, 10:13:35 PM »
Major guitar epic fail in the making! Oh jeez I'm betting all in for the major hiwaw ownage!
スキャンダル ★ 小野春菜

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #163 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:13 PM »

2. Fix/Mix your settings

I respectfully disagree bro. On the contrary, if the player is there but his stuff isn't physically there, he'll have to make his tone come out of his mouth or something. He's gonna sound pretty much the same with someone else's gear, yes. I agree with that. BUT.. If its just him without any gear whatsoever.. nyahaha.  :lol: Tunog-tao ata tawag dun. Get what I mean?

I think its the player and the gear. It's 50/50.

And like I've always said before.. tone is subjective.. and you do not need to please everyone.

Oh game na! Shootout na! nyehehe  :evil:
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:23:27 PM by juan_portnoy »
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline constipation

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #164 on: April 15, 2011, 10:24:45 PM »

Sure, having a top quality guitar has its advantages, and it does score pogi points, but, once a real guitar player fingers a guitar, the guitar itself no longer seems to matter.  On the other hand, not even the best and most expensive guitar will sound good if the one playing it can't...

Hey mamen! nandito kana? heheheh sabagay boring na sa AGT corny na mga tao duon lalo na yung trolls  :lol: :lol:

WELCOME HERE MATANGLAWIN!!!!

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #165 on: April 15, 2011, 11:22:23 PM »
I think its the player and the gear.

I patiently wait for the day when people will finally agree on this :-D 'di naman kasi tama 'yung both extremes.

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2011, 12:07:28 AM »
lurker post ulit...  :-D

kung sa kin lang...

good player + good gear + good song/piece = good music
parang tripod lang. pag mahina ang isa tagilid na lahat...
- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline weeeeeenesus

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2011, 12:16:41 AM »

kung sa kin lang...

+1 :)

Offline juan_portnoy

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2011, 12:28:34 AM »

kung sa kin lang...

Hey. I like that!
We're all entitled to our own dementia.  :-P

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2011, 12:37:02 AM »
is it gonna be a shootout immediately? or may program pa?

-opening prayer
-opening song
-guest speaker
-undercard fight
-MAIN EVENT
-refreshment
-face of the night
-announcement of winners
-closing ceremonies

nalimutan mo pambansang awit ng pilipinas, star spangled banner (para sa mga boutique pedals, baker guitar, etc. ni fm55) at ang panatang makabayan...   :lol:
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline Endshiftresign!

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2011, 12:40:49 AM »
Commentator nadin ako or judge :)

yay!  special celebrity judge si Mr. PUA!   :-D

Master PUA, sama ka ng mga girls para mas OK!  :-D

kaya niya yan...siya na ang bahala sa mga ring girls!

HIYAW 1...FIGHT!
Drummer -- The Myopics (on indefinite hiatus) / Sole proprietor, er...procrastinator -- Mad Tito Management

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2011, 12:42:09 AM »
So taking cue from Joric, ALEX IS THE FLOYD MAYWEATHER OF PHILMUSIC, TALKING LOUD SAYING NOTHING. DISSING OTHERS BUT CANNOT SUBSTANTIATE THE DISS.

I cannot stress this enough - tone is subjective, it composes the player and the gear. You cannot take away any of those components.

ALEX - WALK THE TALK
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline kelen

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2011, 12:55:30 AM »
after 7 pages still no post  :? nagprapractice na?

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2011, 01:05:10 AM »
after 7 pages still no post  :? nagprapractice na?

I bet you one bottle of coke na he is feeling the pressure. Gagawa ng delaying tactics yan para hindi matuloy. Dapat lang siguro masanay tayo na uutuin lang tayo ni Alex.

Come on, pressure the guy to make good on his wager. Probably nag him on his Yarron thread or something.

Kasi I think everyone here is humble enough that if let's say Alex WINs, we will accept the decision and even reconcile with him. Now I don't know about him pag natalo siya- KASI NGA KUNG SUSUNDAN KO ANG TRAIN OF THOUGHT NI ALEX. HINDI MATUTULOY ITO.

But still ALEX-WALK THE TALK!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 01:06:30 AM by burnsbhm »
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park