hulika

Author Topic: I swore to God hindi na ako magmumura, pero p*******a, wala pa rin pagbabago  (Read 41434 times)

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
New victims, old <firemodel55> traps.

I'll go straight to the point.

Alex, payong kaibigan lang.  Maganda ang iyong layunin.  BUT PISSING OTHER PEOPLE OFF TO GAIN ATTENTION ALWAYS AND ALWAYS ENDS IN RESENTMENT.  How many people in Philmusic are like ME who can take criticism nicely?  I live with criticism everyday and honestly, as a recording dude, one of the hardest things to deal with is SUCKY TONE.  Yes, how can you tell a guitarist laying down tracks with a crappy raon guitar and Zoom 505 who wants  glorious Bogner Uberschall tone in their band's recording, that his rig sucks and his playing (to some degree) sucks?  I've given up the "straight-shooter" approach in criticism (in a Pinoy sense) simply because straight-shooting ends up in UNNECESSARY arguments.  Like Sade, you have to be a "smooth operator". You think Baker makes the best guitars?  Invite people to your house everyday for them to try.  And convince them to save up for one (no sarcasm intended).  I am living proof that even "out of budget gear" becomes a necessity if you strive for it, because I am one hell of a cheapskate.  Not that I can afford a Bogner or Baker, but the whole point of "seeing beyond the horizon" as far as tone is concerned is all good.  This is very comparable to Plato's  "allegory of the cave..."

As for the ones who have been conquered by Alex's words, let me assure you.  He's a nice guy in person.  His playing is far from impressive, but he has good points.  But once you fall into the bait of his contrabida acts, it's either you're  narrow-minded or you have an ego to protect.

Philmusic Guitar central, always and ever be the same.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 09:45:08 AM by skunky_funk »
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline haxo55

• Philmusicus Addictus
relax lang sir,
Quote from: Philmusic.com
News:
oh yeah, our search engine is powered by Chuck Norris as well

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
Pasok!  :-)
Google is your friend.

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus

I'll go straight to the point.

Alex, payong kaibigan lang.  Maganda ang iyong layunin.  BUT PISSING OTHER PEOPLE OFF TO GAIN ATTENTION ALWAYS AND ALWAYS ENDS IN RESENTMENT.  How many people in Philmusic are like ME who can take criticism nicely?  I live with criticism everyday and honestly, as a recording dude, one of the hardest things to deal with is SUCKY TONE.  Yes, how can you tell a guitarist laying down tracks with a crappy raon guitar and Zoom 505 who wants  glorious Bogner Uberschall tone in their band's recording, that his rig sucks and his playing (to some degree) sucks?  I've given up the "straight-shooter" approach in criticism (in a Pinoy sense) simply because straight-shooting ends up in UNNECESSARY arguments.  Like Sade, you have to be a "smooth operator". You think Baker makes the best guitars?  Invite people to your house everyday for them to try.  And convince them to save up for one (no sarcasm intended).  I am living proof that even "out of budget gear" becomes a necessity if you strive for it, because I am one hell of a cheapskate.  Not that I can afford a Bogner or Baker, but the whole point of "seeing beyond the horizon" as far as tone is concerned is all good.  This is very comparable to Plato's  "allegory of the cave..."

As for the ones who have been conquered by Alex's words, let me assure you.  He's a nice guy in person.  His playing is far from impressive, but he has good points.  But once you fall into the bait of his contrabida acts, it's either you're  narrow-minded or you have an ego to protect.

Philmusic Guitar central, always and ever be the same.

Nice to see a familiar name in philmusic again. Ive been gone for so long that I dont know much of the people here anymore.

Teka why are you back to newbie status?

Of all the years of arguing with Alex I've learned to appreciate him and accept the fact of what he is.

Kaya guys chillax mabait naman yang si Alex nagiging monster lang minsan sa forums hehe...  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Nice to see a familiar name in philmusic again. Ive been gone for so long that I dont know much of the people here anymore.

Of all the years of arguing with Alex I've learned to appreciate him and accept the fact of what he is.

Kaya guys chillax mabait naman yang si Alex nagiging monster lang minsan sa forums hehe...  :-D

I noticed my posts got reset to 0. :( 
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline geloboy25

• Philmusicus Addictus

haha! siguro ang ayaw ng mga tao dito sa kanya ay yung kung paano nya pinagpipilitan ang kagandahan ng baker guitar tapos yung sample video pa nya.. i don't have any grudge against him.. based lang yan sa nabasa ko sa thread nya..

IMO, maybe baker guitars are one of the best but one thing is for sure, it's not as perfect as they think because no man made things are created perfectly..

Offline chito_eoi

• Philmusicus Addictus
I noticed my posts got reset to 0. :( 
sa wakas, mas marami pa ko post count sayo jeje

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
haha! siguro ang ayaw ng mga tao dito sa kanya ay yung kung paano nya pinagpipilitan ang kagandahan ng baker guitar tapos yung sample video pa nya.. i don't have any grudge against him.. based lang yan sa nabasa ko sa thread nya..

IMO, maybe baker guitars are one of the best but one thing is for sure, it's not as perfect as they think because no man made things are created perfectly..

Dude, not that I am biased, THAT VIDEO OF ALEX is a VERY WRONG REPRESENTATION of the point he wanted to prove.  First off, you cannot illustrate hiyaw with 600bpm 32nd note shredding.  You need to do BENDS across the fretboard.  Second, you should be there IN PERSON.  No amount of recording can capture 'hiyaw'.  Let alone a crappy phone video.   And as someone whose seen Alex demo stuff in front of me, I completely find it unfair to proliferate such video.  But I get you, he does exhibit goofy balyena bends.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:06:32 AM by skunky_funk »
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus

I was told nga that he is a pretty nice guy in person so I would not take that away from him.

Kung ginagawa lang niyang cyber persona ang manglait ng ibang tao, then I suggest that he just be himself online para wala na siyang kaaway. Filipinos are pretty sentimental person and do not take direct to the point criticism nicely. Ma-ooffend talaga yan. Yung mga panlalait niya ng gamit ng iba like some of the things he told me are really out of line. Masiyadong self-serving. Talaga ngang ma-ooffend yan.

Almost all of the people here in Philmusic are from medium income families. Some are even having a hard time making ends meet. Katulad ko. I could have done what he has been stressing for so long - save up for a Baker. But even that is way too difficult for us kasi we have responsibilities elsewhere. I am a school teacher who earns only roughly US$300 a month and tumutugtog sa gabi na ang budget is P500-1,000 a night. I pay my phone bills, electric bills, sarili kong pagkain, pamasahe sa pang-araw araw. Judging from that, mukha yatang imposible na habulin ko ang isang Baker unless may magbenta ng segunda mano na kasing presiyo ng isang US strat. Tsaka nakikibagay din ako sa mga iba kong kasama. If your circle of friends are in the same economic stand point as you and you suddenly show up with a Ferrari you just bought, almost for sure you will be alienated. Same sa pagbabanda. Pag pumunta ako sa puwesto say dala dala ko ang Yaron ko, maraming maiinggit, at baka manakawan pa ako.

That is why we only go so much in getting the guitar and amp that we can afford. Walang masamang mag-asam ng mga gamit ni Alex, but until we have his disposable income, that will never happen. Besides ano ba ang masama sa Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Washburn, Marshall, VOX valvetronix? Siya lang naman nagsasabi na pangit ang tunog nun e?

Sana nga magbago na si Alex at magpaka totoo. Matuto rin sana siyang makisama. Hindi sa lahat ng oras ang mundo iikot sa kaniya.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
At dahil noob ako uli, I have the right to ask:

Ano mas maganda, individual stompboxes o multi-fx?
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus

Let's just say they have their own pros and cons. I use both kaya para sa akin pareho silang ok.
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
madami lang talaga balat sibuyas who can't take it. masyadong malambot at apektado. may kultura talaga tayo sa pinas na hindi makatanggap ng kritisismo ng maayos. kapag pumunta ka sa ibang gear/amp forums ng ibang mga bansa, mas malala pa. ang malala nito, yung mga apektado, laging maglalabas ng victim at third world card. yung isa naman maglalabas ng isa pang malaking bangkong bubuhatin. tapos yung isa mag papapansin at maghahanap ng kakampi. same cycle hahahahahaha

kaya laging magpapataasan ng ihi yang mga yan, parang grade 2. mga babasaging ego lang. kakatawa na lang.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus

I don't think it's really about how he plays that makes people on this forum despise him. Alex irks people or makes people wearisome because of his odious attitude. The guy is so obnoxious, "respect" doesn't even exist in his vocabulary.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 01:11:31 PM by guitarwiz02 »
"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline xelalien

• Philmusicus Addictus
hmmmm...

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
madami lang talaga balat sibuyas who can't take it. masyadong malambot at apektado. may kultura talaga tayo sa pinas na hindi makatanggap ng kritisismo ng maayos. kapag pumunta ka sa ibang gear/amp forums ng ibang mga bansa, mas malala pa. ang malala nito, yung mga apektado, laging maglalabas ng victim at third world card. yung isa naman maglalabas ng isa pang malaking bangkong bubuhatin. tapos yung isa mag papapansin at maghahanap ng kakampi. same cycle hahahahahaha

kaya laging magpapataasan ng ihi yang mga yan, parang grade 2. mga babasaging ego lang. kakatawa na lang.

Judging from those who are severely affected by Alex' comments, they tend to be "starters" or intermediate tone-seekers (for a lack of a better term.)  It's ok to be a noob or an intermediate... But being close-minded makes you worse than a noob forever.
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
I don't think it's really about how he plays that makes people in this forum despise him. Alex irks people or makes people wearisome because of his odious attitude. The guy is so obnoxious, "respect" doesn't even exist in his vocabulary.

What about, someone who suspends the 'respect' virtue to play the villain?  At least in the forums.
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
Sana nga magbago na si Alex at magpaka totoo. Matuto rin sana siyang makisama. Hindi sa lahat ng oras ang mundo iikot sa kaniya.

Your right to freedom ends when you infringe on other people's freedom.

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
Your right to freedom ends when you infringe on other people's freedom.

Freedom, in itself, is arguably non-existent if you factor in economics.  Can you buy a BMW Z3 if you earn on minimum wage, even if you really, really wanted to own one? 

The issue I see here is more of the interplay of economics and how Alex and the average Pinoy sees tone.  And yes, in itself, you know the problem.  Alex offers an alternative opinion which you may or may not agree to, because of experiential differences.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 10:28:26 AM by skunky_funk »
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline bluenote

• Philmusicus Addictus
I was told nga that he is a pretty nice guy in person so I would not take that away from him.

Kung ginagawa lang niyang cyber persona ang manglait ng ibang tao, then I suggest that he just be himself online para wala na siyang kaaway. Filipinos are pretty sentimental person and do not take direct to the point criticism nicely. Ma-ooffend talaga yan. Yung mga panlalait niya ng gamit ng iba like some of the things he told me are really out of line. Masiyadong self-serving. Talaga ngang ma-ooffend yan.

Almost all of the people here in Philmusic are from medium income families. Some are even having a hard time making ends meet. Katulad ko. I could have done what he has been stressing for so long - save up for a Baker. But even that is way too difficult for us kasi we have responsibilities elsewhere. I am a school teacher who earns only roughly US$300 a month and tumutugtog sa gabi na ang budget is P500-1,000 a night. I pay my phone bills, electric bills, sarili kong pagkain, pamasahe sa pang-araw araw. Judging from that, mukha yatang imposible na habulin ko ang isang Baker unless may magbenta ng segunda mano na kasing presiyo ng isang US strat. Tsaka nakikibagay din ako sa mga iba kong kasama. If your circle of friends are in the same economic stand point as you and you suddenly show up with a Ferrari you just bought, almost for sure you will be alienated. Same sa pagbabanda. Pag pumunta ako sa puwesto say dala dala ko ang Yaron ko, maraming maiinggit, at baka manakawan pa ako.

That is why we only go so much in getting the guitar and amp that we can afford. Walang masamang mag-asam ng mga gamit ni Alex, but until we have his disposable income, that will never happen. Besides ano ba ang masama sa Fender, Gibson, Ibanez, Washburn, Marshall, VOX valvetronix? Siya lang naman nagsasabi na pangit ang tunog nun e?

He used to let me use his guitars in gigs before just to hear them mabait naman talaga sha eh. You must remember that everyone is entitled to their own opinion so let him think what he wants to think. I don't always agree with what he says God knows I've had my fair share of arguing with him for so many years in fact I've tried out his baker side by side a vintage SG and the SG trumped it on all points. Just learn to take his good points in and all the other crap out. Always be objective and do not let your emotions get the best of you.  :-D

The dragon has put out my fire.

Offline rolexm

• Philmusicus Addictus
New account Dodjie?

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus

Personal preference ko talaga stompboxes. I find multi-fx's tone too compressed. Too digital, to say the least.

"Check out how Eddie Van Halen doesn’t pick his fast notes with all the same boring velocity. He makes most of his fast licks almost funky by picking some notes harder than others." - Jason Becker

Offline mikki_blinkme

• Philmusicus Addictus
wala ako pakelam sa kanya pero minsan may point naman sya pero gang dun na lang yun. syempre expected ko na sa hirit nyang yun maraming magrereact kasi marami satin seryoso masyado. chillax lang mga brad.  :-D

Offline skunky_funk

• Philmusicus Noobitus
New account Dodjie?

Nope.  Seems my old profile had been reset.  Even my avatar is gone.
\,,/  RAWK!!![/size]

Offline boybangs

• Forum Fanatic
But once you fall into the bait of his contrabida acts, it's either you're  narrow-minded or you have an ego to protect.

Isn't this thread under the same category? This is still with reference to FM55 right? Just askin.  :-)
Google is your friend.

Offline guitarwiz02

• Philmusicus Addictus
What about, someone who suspends the 'respect' virtue to play the villain?  At least in the forums.

Well, either way, he has a problem.