hulika

Author Topic: Forumites nights in September !  (Read 21099 times)

Offline blue_raven

• Forum Fanatic
Forumites nights in September !
« Reply #175 on: September 07, 2006, 10:27:16 PM »
1. Meshmerize
2. Lazersquadron
3. Monk's hood
4. COSARE
5. Audiored
6. MaHaSa (unless one of us gets stranded again  :( )
7.[/quote]

Offline kid_moll

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #176 on: September 07, 2006, 10:40:24 PM »
1. Meshmerize
2. Lazersquadron
3. Monk's hood
4. COSARE
5. Audiored
6. MaHaSa (unless one of us gets stranded again  :( )
7. Cinderblock <---- pwede kami sumali?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2006, 02:05:49 AM »
Yep. In fact, 8 bands ang time budget.
Doghouse Recording Studio: http://doghousestudio.webs.com
Cel: 09282843633

Offline vinz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2006, 02:13:10 AM »
1. Meshmerize
2. Lazersquadron
3. Monk's hood
4. COSARE
5. Audiored
6. MaHaSa
7. Cinderblock
8. Tribute to Pluto

papa BAMF pasali ha...lagi kasi ako JAM eh kakaiinggit sa mga banda...sana makatogs kami...lagi nalang ako Jam eh hahaha...lagi naman ako present... :lol:

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2006, 12:19:59 PM »
Okay closed na 8 bands. :D

Yung mga hindi nakahabol, sa October naman ulit.

Hey guys...some interests are coming together that might make our dream Philmusicwoodstock come true. We just put 2 and 2 together.  Me venue na (school nga lang, covered quadrangle) me mura nang sound system na makukuha, me complete instruments na or pwede pa din chip-in. Mabubuo na.

Guys interested in helping me, PM me. Then we can set a meeting. Then we'll call on ALL philmusic bands to play. Tapos mag-invite tayo ng A&R's. :D.

Offline vinz

• Board Moderator
« Reply #180 on: September 10, 2006, 04:56:33 PM »
Quote from: BAMF
Okay closed na 8 bands. :D

Yung mga hindi nakahabol, sa October naman ulit.

Hey guys...some interests are coming together that might make our dream Philmusicwoodstock come true. We just put 2 and 2 together.  Me venue na (school nga lang, covered quadrangle) me mura nang sound system na makukuha, me complete instruments na or pwede pa din chip-in. Mabubuo na.

Guys interested in helping me, PM me. Then we can set a meeting. Then we'll call on ALL philmusic bands to play. Tapos mag-invite tayo ng A&R's. :D.

pa isponsoran kaya itong concert nato papa BAMF?

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #181 on: September 11, 2006, 01:07:13 AM »
gudlak sa lhat ng bands nxt jam nlng uli! sana matuloy yung wudstock natin sir bamf! vince gudlak baka manood n lng muna kami! :D

Offline pinoymusika

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #182 on: September 11, 2006, 01:48:04 AM »
Hey Bamf! A "woodstock" type event might take a long time to build up to. I'd suggest building up the "EB Nights" jam series first, with the emphasis of musicians playing for musicians. That's really what makes it enjoyable I think... First, the chance to eyeball names you only see online, Second, listening to the the other forum guys and gals, Thirdly, getting a chance to jam.

That's the shared experience of the jams but I don't think it can translate to a "woodstock" type show just yet. None of the forum bands are name bands, who would watch? But A giant monster EB --- considering there are over 10,000 signed up members here. Now that might be something. Maybe we can fill up a DISH-sized venue. (But only after months of build up)

The smaller "EB Nights" are great though - may I suggest something like nametags in the future? Because the problem encountered by first timers like myself is I didn't know who the heck anybody was!!

The other thing is, so far these EB Nights are a secret ghetto-ized affair limited to the Guitar Central forum! Best to publicize it out of the guitar forum - maybe the Gigs announcement area? Get the bassists, drummers, keyboardists, horn players, jazz and ska fanatics involved. Also a little more coordination with the other EB organizers out here... the bass EBs, the blues EBs, etc.

p.s. quit calling me "Mang Jim" for chrissakes! I maybe ancient but i'm not that old hehehe

Offline charles55

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #183 on: September 11, 2006, 05:21:44 PM »
astig.. 8)

Offline nhojie

• Forum Fanatic
EB jam
« Reply #184 on: September 11, 2006, 06:22:15 PM »
right on,sir PinoyMusica!ASTIG to!
\\\\\\\"watch a man play for an hour and u can learn more about him than in talking to him for a year\\\\\\\"-PLATO

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #185 on: September 11, 2006, 07:13:02 PM »
Quote from: pinoymusika
Hey Bamf! A "woodstock" type event might take a long time to build up to. I'd suggest building up the "EB Nights" jam series first, with the emphasis of musicians playing for musicians. That's really what makes it enjoyable I think... First, the chance to eyeball names you only see online, Second, listening to the the other forum guys and gals, Thirdly, getting a chance to jam.

That's the shared experience of the jams but I don't think it can translate to a "woodstock" type show just yet. None of the forum bands are name bands, who would watch? But A giant monster EB --- considering there are over 10,000 signed up members here. Now that might be something. Maybe we can fill up a DISH-sized venue. (But only after months of build up)

The smaller "EB Nights" are great though - may I suggest something like nametags in the future? Because the problem encountered by first timers like myself is I didn't know who the heck anybody was!!

The other thing is, so far these EB Nights are a secret ghetto-ized affair limited to the Guitar Central forum! Best to publicize it out of the guitar forum - maybe the Gigs announcement area? Get the bassists, drummers, keyboardists, horn players, jazz and ska fanatics involved. Also a little more coordination with the other EB organizers out here... the bass EBs, the blues EBs, etc.

p.s. quit calling me "Mang Jim" for chrissakes! I maybe ancient but i'm not that old hehehe

Eyy Jim ! Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, I was thinking, something that would be much more doable would be like Music dela Fete' or something like that but on a "cheaper" scale. About say 20-30 philmusic bands, we start at 4 pm and end perhaps 2 or 3 am.  That's already "mega" in some ways hehehe although nothing in the order of woodstock. Just a big albeit intimate (whoa) get-together of musicians.

Then going back to the EB's...yep you're right, we haven't invited the guys in the other forums. But I was supposed to do that, and have nametags as well. My bad :D.

Bawi tayo in October. In fairness, I think I can ask for three nights na in October, one of them would be our open jam series, two of them, siguro, set bands pa din. Medyo bold ang open jam, it's like dipping our toes into the water before taking the plunge :D .  

Okidoki ! Una ang open jam sa October or set bands muna ulit ? Or 3 set bands then the rest open jam ? We only have from 9 pm to 1 am, so we have to sorta plan out how we want to use the time :D

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #186 on: September 12, 2006, 01:00:29 AM »
aus n to! excitiing!! :D

Offline MegaLLica

« Reply #187 on: September 12, 2006, 01:52:01 AM »
hahahaha... atlast.. :twisted: puirple haze ulit w/ sir bamf...
d kme nakatugtug last sept4 coz of heavy rainfall, flood & traffic. :(
sana hindi na maging traydor panahon noh... :roll:

cheese sticks paaaah... :lol:
kulotski@pakshet.com
- josua -

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #188 on: September 12, 2006, 07:15:01 AM »

Eyy Jim ! Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, I was thinking, something that would be much more doable would be like Music dela Fete' or something like that but on a "cheaper" scale. About say 20-30 philmusic bands, we start at 4 pm and end perhaps 2 or 3 am.  That's already "mega" in some ways hehehe although nothing in the order of woodstock. Just a big albeit intimate (whoa) get-together of musicians.

Then going back to the EB's...yep you're right, we haven't invited the guys in the other forums. But I was supposed to do that, and have nametags as well. My bad :D.

Bawi tayo in October. In fairness, I think I can ask for three nights na in October, one of them would be our open jam series, two of them, siguro, set bands pa din. Medyo bold ang open jam, it's like dipping our toes into the water before taking the plunge :D .  

Okidoki ! Una ang open jam sa October or set bands muna ulit ? Or 3 set bands then the rest open jam ? We only have from 9 pm to 1 am, so we have to sorta plan out how we want to use the time :D

sana may blues/classic rock night sa isa sa mga yan. :-)

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #189 on: September 12, 2006, 07:18:27 AM »
Slim,

kindly check the sticky on top about the OCtober events. There is a blues and classic rock section. Sali ka !!!

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #190 on: September 12, 2006, 07:59:56 AM »
Slim,

kindly check the sticky on top about the OCtober events. There is a blues and classic rock section. Sali ka !!!

bamf - tnx. i was wondering where that thread went!  nag sign up na ako and suggested some songs.

btw, wat i also meant was that sali na kami sa Oct dates na pang bands.  was just wondering if one of those would be a jazz/blues/classic-rock night. otherwise, oks lang, style MMA/UFC! hehe...

Offline toybitz

« Reply #191 on: September 12, 2006, 11:21:13 AM »
Quote from: deltaslim
Slim,

bamf - tnx. i was wondering where that thread went!  nag sign up na ako and suggested some songs.

btw, wat i also meant was that sali na kami sa Oct dates na pang bands.  was just wondering if one of those would be a jazz/blues/classic-rock night. otherwise, oks lang, style MMA/UFC! hehe...

yup pwede tayo jan...pseudo juijitsu/greco roman blues/rock band kami.
Tele bought 20K. Upgraded pots.  FS: 30K  Trade Value BS: 85K.  Deal tayo?

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #192 on: September 12, 2006, 01:05:26 PM »
Slim,

Uh, yeah I proposed that nung August pa, but nobody bit the bait :D. BUt now I have your attention...:D hehehe. If you can bring the power 3 bands together on a Monday night, Firebottle, Soulbenders and Bluerats, I'll arrange us a night at the Haze. :D. If there's more then sige.

That would also mean taking all 4 Mondays of October. But if it falls this way, I ain't complaining ! In fact, I'll just be listening and be gettin drunk again :D. Maybe I'll also be a-recordin :D

Ano slim...game ? :D

Offline nestee_rip

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #193 on: September 13, 2006, 12:36:44 AM »
uy... pede na ako sa blues... hehehe...

Offline higad

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #194 on: September 13, 2006, 06:53:21 AM »

sir pwd palineup sa kung ano man gigs meron jan :) :) :) cant wait for the Music dela Fete' cheaper scale stuff hehe. thanks!
Pare1: Pare, bat naman hanggang ngayon wala ka pang syota? wala ka pa<br />bang napupusuan?<br />Pare2: Meron.. Manhid ka lang!<br /><br />heegad.multiply.com

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #195 on: September 13, 2006, 08:43:26 PM »
Baka magkalimutan lang. UP MUNA !!! :D

BTW Mahasa, inform ako ng Haze na meron kayong 19 sa kanila. Paki-confirm kung tutuloy pa din kayo sa 18 :D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #196 on: September 13, 2006, 11:34:39 PM »
Slim,

Uh, yeah I proposed that nung August pa, but nobody bit the bait :D. BUt now I have your attention...:D hehehe. If you can bring the power 3 bands together on a Monday night, Firebottle, Soulbenders and Bluerats, I'll arrange us a night at the Haze. :D. If there's more then sige.

That would also mean taking all 4 Mondays of October. But if it falls this way, I ain't complaining ! In fact, I'll just be listening and be gettin drunk again :D. Maybe I'll also be a-recordin :D

Ano slim...game ? :D

I'll give Blue Rats a heads up (altho blue_buddha might already be watching this thread and will weigh in as he sees appropriate). As for Soul Benders, wala pa atang exact sked ng pag-uwi si Lito from US eh.  Btw, dami pa ibang blues-influences bands na pwede: Snakecharmer, Plug, Kulukati, etc...

As for Firebottle, hell yeah!! Game kami!!!

Offline BAMF

• Board Moderator
« Reply #197 on: September 14, 2006, 12:16:53 AM »
Sige ser...get 'em for us :D.

Looks like I'll take all Mondays of October. 2 "regular" nights, 1 jam night and 1 blues night. Ayuz !!!

Offline jazhombie

• Board Moderator
« Reply #198 on: September 14, 2006, 08:29:37 AM »
wow firebottle, s wkas mapapanood ko n ang blues idols ko,hehehe! :D

Offline deltaslim

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2006, 10:07:01 AM »
Quote from: jazhombie
wow firebottle, s wkas mapapanood ko n ang blues idols ko,hehehe! :D

sir jazhombie - you must be kidding?!  eh ikaw, your reputation precedes you e!  nakaka-pressure naman.  :oops: