hulika

Author Topic: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?  (Read 28585 times)

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
Re: Why do corksniffers hate everything that is made in China?
« Reply #75 on: June 03, 2011, 04:21:22 PM »
dont the ultrasound guys and the US luthiers pick for you?

Yup they do for the U.S. stuff... But I do pick the other Asian Stuff and non-boutique USA stuff.

Offline firemodel55

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #76 on: June 03, 2011, 04:30:13 PM »
I was also thinking the same thing.  No one in the higher spectrum of society would buy a 'luxury' item that has a "Made in China" stamp, even if the product was 100% as good as the made in US/Europe counterpart.

Just for the record, I have a Line 6 Spider Jam combo made in China.  It does what it does and has its use but its NOTHING extraordinary -- its just plain.  Like most China made instruments, I ACCEPT the fact that it will be forgotten in time if not totally devalued by next year.  Its affordable and thats its number one selling and its utilitarian but no mojo to expect or talk about.

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #77 on: June 03, 2011, 05:30:43 PM »
Will they have longevity?  No... no chinese manufactured product ever has.

lol
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 05:31:52 PM by Bolt Thrower »

Offline Rmansh

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #78 on: June 03, 2011, 05:45:22 PM »
Chinese locals consider their products " Entry-level instruments", if u want a luxury instrument look somewhere else.  the problem with most people is that they expect a luxury instrument at china prices. baloney.
looking for badass guitars and amps.....

Offline Bolt Thrower

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #79 on: June 03, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »
Some are better than entry-level.

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #80 on: June 03, 2011, 06:28:10 PM »
Ibanez GRGA11 - Buskers Tele - Vox Pathfinder 15R - Maxon GX10

Offline masterchoxter

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #81 on: June 03, 2011, 08:10:05 PM »
Chinese locals consider their products " Entry-level instruments", if u want a luxury instrument look somewhere else.  the problem with most people is that they expect a luxury instrument at china prices. baloney.

this...
[

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #82 on: June 03, 2011, 08:17:29 PM »
But there is one thing that I am really pissed of when it comes to Chinese products. They are blatantly ripping off branded instruments and passing them of as legit products - parang yung mga Epiphone sa Sta. Mesa at yung Ibanez kuno sa internet. Yung tipong JEM7 for Php10K!

A ayan corksniff na ako. Ibang usapan na yan!
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #83 on: June 03, 2011, 08:21:33 PM »

Tingin ko eto nga yun. Ika nga, you get what you pay for. Pero there might be a chance (no matter how small) that there will be a diamond in the rough among those MIC guitars.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #84 on: June 03, 2011, 08:32:19 PM »
oh i see thanks for the clarification :-)
if China really surpassed the skillwork and QC of USA, then maybe China would be top notch... sadly they aren't

the question would be best asked to the company(not factory) that had those products produced..

but if i was asked to name a product that is made there that can go against a us product..yup Rasmus by Suhr..yeah its that good, are there difference than the US pro one's..sure there is, does it affect playability and sound..nope

The second important factor to consider is that US companies will generally refuse to have their premium or best designs made in China for fear of it being copied.  Seriously, quite a number of U.S. companies have refused to overseas manufacture because of design theft and piracy and fake reproductions.

if it can be bought, people will try to replicate it..its a behavioral thing..

Will they have longevity?  No... no chinese manufactured product ever has.

that's odd my m-audio is still working its been 6 years now..

Offline cayle

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #85 on: June 03, 2011, 08:35:54 PM »
Just keep an open mind, you"ll never know when an MIC guitar or amp will amaze you.  :-D

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #86 on: June 03, 2011, 08:48:24 PM »
The second important factor to consider is that US companies will generally refuse to have their premium or best designs made in China for fear of it being copied.  Seriously, quite a number of U.S. companies have refused to overseas manufacture because of design theft and piracy and fake reproductions.

I've read about this a lot of times. Some people go over to China and look for factories that are willing to build their designs. But then they get a) items that did not strictly follow their design/wrongly made/etc & b) their designs are ripped off. This alone could probably scare away a discerning builder. Pretty scary.

Just keep an open mind

Very important when assessing gear :-)

Offline prince22

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2011, 08:59:37 PM »
I think it's not really that most people generalize that MIC's are of inferior quality
but it's because the products can mostly speak for themselves.

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #88 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:17 PM »
Just keep an open mind, you"ll never know when an MIC guitar or amp will amaze you.  :-D

not because of the name, but the tones it can deliver. products from egnater, bugera , line 6

Offline teleclem

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #89 on: June 03, 2011, 09:15:45 PM »
I think it's not really that most people generalize that MIC's are of inferior quality
but it's because the products can mostly speak for themselves.

Well said.

Offline lolwat

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #90 on: June 03, 2011, 09:19:22 PM »
not because of the name, but the tones it can deliver. products from egnater, bugera , line 6

I'd really like to try an Egnater sir, as I've heard nothing but good things about them  :-D

Offline basket

« Reply #91 on: June 03, 2011, 09:46:33 PM »
I'd rather choose Indonesian or Korean over Chinese. For me, their craftsmanship is not yet "there". A Japanese made guitar will probably last longer. And I'm just not a fan of how the mainland Chinese do their business. They will cut corners if they can sell more. The Japanese are more quality driven.

...And maybe the paint they use has some formalin or something toxic. lol

Don't forget MELAMINE!! LoL!!!! :lol:

Offline turiguiliano

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #92 on: June 03, 2011, 10:00:35 PM »
US Toll Free: 650.488.7901
Globe:0927.858.1635
Smart:0949.190.0200 Sun:0932.748.6705 Bogner Amplification - CMATMODS - F-BASS - Jet City Amplification - Lava Cables - Paul Cochrane Audio - Pedal Train - Weber Speakers - Wilson Effects - XOTIC Effects

Offline bryanarzaga

• Philmusicus Supremus
« Reply #93 on: June 03, 2011, 10:40:34 PM »
I'd really like to try an Egnater sir, as I've heard nothing but good things about them  :-D

i thought you have the tweaker?

Offline acidtest

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2011, 05:43:21 AM »
These are the same people who invented porcelain in their obsession to replicate jade and gunpowder to elixir of life. They didn't come up with jade and elixir but still made something incredible. What will be the equivalent this time around?

they also made this

- Joyo AC tone demo

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=736032  
feature=related  KBP musicfest teaser - 'Nandito lang' - entry number w00511

Offline albumin

• Forum Fanatic
Ibanez GRGA11 - Buskers Tele - Vox Pathfinder 15R - Maxon GX10

Offline Roy Pigdester

« Reply #96 on: June 04, 2011, 03:09:08 PM »
wala kasing hiyaw.

Mafren, I must admit I like that comment.

So many people are so obsessed over America this, America that, hanggang sa point na ang jebs nila kamukha na ni Uncle Sam. They don't even think of giving China half a chance to prove its worth as a maker of quality equipment. Not all their equipment is quality, but fcuk that, mafrens, these corksniffers smack of closet racism.  :mrgreen:

Offline hollowtech

• Netizen Level
« Reply #97 on: June 04, 2011, 05:41:34 PM »
Quality Control and Consumer laws are far stricter in the US I think. Siguro mas aangat pa rin ng konti. Quality control has always been the issue of the Chinese. But there are Chinese guitars that are of outstanding quality too.

and if i may add..for some people they get the job done.true, us made guitars are better built.that's a given. but if you do the math and consider the price difference, not everybody could afford a us made guitar or would choose one even if they could afford it.
i have a friend who owns a us made guitar but admits he likes the tone of my china-made guitar.he says, it even sounds better than our friend's epi (same type) which costs about 4X more.
craftmanship and materials are ok. it's not perfect and needed set-up. but then, even pros have their new guitars set-up. now, i wouldn't expect it to be better than us made guitars but i wouldn't be willing to pay top dollar for a guitar either.     

Offline burnsbhm

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #98 on: June 04, 2011, 10:03:28 PM »
These are the same people who invented porcelain in their obsession to replicate jade and gunpowder to elixir of life. They didn't come up with jade and elixir but still made something incredible. What will be the equivalent this time around?

they also made this

Vicky Zhao Wei! My kinda Chinese girl along with Cecilia and Maggie Cheung!
RJ LP Std.,Jackson DK2,Burns Brian May,Fender MIM Strat,Valencia EClassical,Nady UHF4,EHX Screaming Bird,Vox V847,Vox V830,Vox Tonelab SE,Vox Pathfinder 15R/Visual Sound J&H,Ibanez TS9 OD,MXR Analog Chorus, Boss BF2,Boss DD2,Line 6 Echo Park

Offline badongrodrigs

• Philmusicus Addictus
« Reply #99 on: June 04, 2011, 11:19:17 PM »
the same reason why some people buy the iphone over those chinese knockoffs...

Wrong. There's a difference between MADE IN CHINA and CLASS A CHINA PRODUCT (knock offs); one is original but China-made, one is a fake.

Quite frankly if we all had plenty of money to spare i don't think anybody would choose a China product over anything. Tell me I'm wrong?

But since the problem of money is there, we compromise by buying MIC, and convince ourselves that the sound difference isn't enough to merit buying the more expensive MIA/MIJ/whatever else.